PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Michael Ash says CHARLES NEEDS MORE CARRIES!!!

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/1037622.html

The point of this column is rather simple, so there’s no need for any drawn out introductions. Let’s just jump right in and make a statement that should be painfully obvious to everyone.

If the Chiefs want to beat the Baltimore Ravens (http://bal.scout.com/) on Sunday, then they need to get the ball in Jamaal Charles (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5024961)’ hands as often as possible.

Over the last month, despite averaging a horrendous 1.7 yards per carry, Thomas Jones (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4840882) has received 58 carries – ten more than Charles has. Even adding in their receptions, where Charles has eleven to Jones’ two, Jones still ends up with the most touches in that span.

If the same pattern continues against the Ravens on Sunday, then not only will the Chiefs’ chances of victory suffer a serious blow, but Todd Haley will deserve every bit of the criticism that’s been levied against him this week by Jason Whitlock, Mike Florio, and other Haley-bashers regarding the whole Charlie Weis (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5369809) situation.

For the record, I think Haley has every right to have a hand in his team’s offensive game plans. That shouldn’t even need to be said – he’s the head coach, for God’s sake. In the press conference introducing Weis to the media, Haley openly stated that he’d still be involved in the offense. There was never any mystery about it.

So if Weis had a problem with that pre-understood arrangement, as unconfirmed rumors swirling around town suggest he did, then it’s probably a good thing he’s leaving.

However, the fact that Weis already has his bags packed and one foot out the door means there should be no confusion about which coach’s vision we’ll be seeing on Sunday. What the Chiefs do on offense will reflect Haley’s wishes. And if the Chiefs continue to limit Charles’ involvement, it will be unarguable proof that Haley is too stubborn or too foolish to do what’s best for his team. That knowledge would put a brand new spin on what Weis may have been dealing with behind closed doors.

We’ve been hearing speculation and theories all year about why the Chiefs haven’t gotten Charles more involved in the offense. The sillier, conspiratorial ones have been blown to bits in light of Charles’ new $32.5 million contract. The most obvious suggestion – that Charles isn’t built to carry the ball 300+ times – seems like perfectly valid reasoning, although it doesn’t explain why Charles was constantly listed as second to Jones on the depth chart.

Regardless, it’s the playoffs now, so all of that stuff can be thrown out the window. The only thing that matters is the Ravens. The Chiefs have one game to win on Sunday and they can’t afford to hold anything back.

So whether they’re handing Charles the ball or getting him involved as a receiver, there’s no believable excuse for why the Chiefs can’t utilize their biggest offensive weapon as much as they possibly can.

Some are reading this, no doubt, and thinking “Well, of course that’s what they’re going to do! It’s been their plan all along!”

Has it, though?

Throughout 2010, there’s been an odd and fairly pervasive notion that kept entering discussions about the Chiefs’ offense. It was the idea that the team spent the entire season “saving” certain things for later in the year. In every single case, though, that theory never turned out to be true. <table align="right" cellspacing="7" width="220"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/87/878844.jpg
There might not be a better running back in open space than KC’s Jamaal Charles.
Getty Images </td></tr></tbody></table>

Early on, when the passing game wasn’t wowing anyone with its complexity, there ended up being a stark contrast between the fancy, high-powered Charlie Weis offense that many expected to see and the somewhat dull, run-heavy attack the Chiefs were actually utilizing.

But as the Chiefs won their first three games, the thought began to emerge that, hey, maybe they’re just saving the exciting stuff for after the bye week. On the road against Indy and Houston, that’s when they’ll unveil the big downfield passing game. Their opponents will be caught completely off-guard!

That’s not how it turned out, of course. But before long, the same rationale started being applied to Dexter McCluster (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5026692), who’s been almost a complete non-factor in the Chiefs’ offense this year. It made no sense that they couldn’t find a way to get this potentially explosive weapon involved, so surely they had to be saving him for… something. Right?

The same line of thinking was applied to Charles from day one. Sure, Jones was getting more carries, but it was because the Chiefs were saving Charles for the second half of the season. That had to be it. Except the second half of the season came and nothing changed.

So the narrative changed too, and the story became that the Chiefs were saving Charles for the all-important stretch run. But as we know, that wasn’t true either.

Naturally, the story eventually morphed into the notion that the Chiefs were minimizing Charles’ workload during the regular season so that he’d be fresh in the playoffs. It sounds awfully good in theory, but it would sound a whole lot better if the Chiefs had seized a big division lead at some point and could have actually made those sorts of decisions.

When during the season were the Chiefs so far ahead of the Chargers or Raiders that a playoff birth became a mere formality? When would they have decided that their spot in the playoffs was secure enough for them to get away with restricting the usage of their best player? The answer is never.

At the end of the day, the idea that they’ve been saving Charles for the postseason seems no more likely than those other examples we’ve mentioned. And that’s a rather sobering thought with the Ravens coming to town.

It’s a been a great season for Chiefs fans, and in a year where the team managed to exceed everyone’s expectations, there’s probably only one thing that could really put a damper on this unexpected success. That would be the team falling short in the playoffs without even giving it their best shot.

Without any question, the Chiefs’ best shot involves a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles. It’s time for Haley to put an end to the madness and finally let Charles loose.

WebGem
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Never heard that one before.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2011, 11:04 PM
:facepalm:

Another fraud of an article.

pr_capone
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I wish you would change your AV Clay. Every time I see it I feel a rush of anger and want to hit something.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I wish you would change your AV Clay. Every time I see it I feel a rush of anger and want to hit something.

Anger...one of the six stages of grief.

Are you grieving over the thought that the 2010 Chiefs are frauds?

WebGem
01-07-2011, 11:07 PM

Change it to a picture that was taken in the city of Houston, that way the Chiefs will win their game on Sunday.

BigRock
01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
:facepalm:

Another fraud of an article.

Which part of this do you disagree with?

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM

How about making the claim that Haley is limiting carries against Weis's wishes without a single shred... millimeter... speck of evidence.

pr_capone
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Anger...one of the six stages of grief.

Are you grieving over the thought that the 2010 Chiefs are frauds?

No, I honestly don't believe the Chiefs are frauds. Yes, they benefited greatly from a weak schedule but they are markedly improved over the product put on the field last season. This would not be the first time a team I followed did the "worst to first" routine but I'm honestly not expecting that from this current squad.

The anger stems from watching that movie countless times and thinking to myself that he is one of the worst fans ever. The fact that you, a life long Chief fan, have adopted him as your AV is just irritating.

I know... it's just an AV. Can't help the gut reaction though.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
How about making the claim that Haley is limiting carries against Weis's wishes without a single shred... millimeter... speck of evidence.

That was speculation.

And pretty logical speculation in the event that Charles is given anything less than 80 percent of the carries Sunday.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Zilla beat me to it.

LaChapelle
01-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Finally a thread talking about signs for Sunday

THOMAS JONES NEEDS MORE CARRIES
MIKE ASH

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
That was speculation.

And pretty logical speculation in the event that Charles is given anything less than 80 percent of the carries Sunday.

So "logical speculation" means making baseless claims that are completely unprovable because it's something you believe?

There's no logic behind it. Charles doesn't get 20 carries a game. We don't know the reason. We don't know if that's part of Weis', Haley's, or Carthon's gameplan. It's 100% guesswork.

BigRock
01-07-2011, 11:17 PM

The article didn't make that claim.

The article said IF Charles and Jones split the workload Sunday, and Jones continues to be as useless as he's been the past few weeks, then it's pretty damning towards Haley.

Do you disagree? And if that scenario unfolds, how else would you go about explaining it?

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Zilla, it's 100 percent logical to speculate that if Charles gets 15 carries on Sunday, someone is a moron.

And because Haley has total control over the team and Weis is not long for KC, the reasonable conclusion in such an event is that Haley either a) lacked the balls to intervene or b) signed off on limiting Charles' touches.

MahiMike
01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Like it or not, believe it or not and want it or not - Haley DID save Charles and McCluster for the playoffs. Y'all'll see.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Like it or not, believe it or not and want it or not - Haley DID save Charles and McCluster for the playoffs. Y'all'll see.

I think he probably saved Charles for the playoffs.

If he saved McCluster for the playoffs Sunday will suck. The last thing I want to see is the Chiefs forcing the ball to McCluster and "hoping" he makes a play. Wasted snaps.

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2011, 11:37 PM

The article said IF Charles and Jones split the workload Sunday, and Jones continues to be as useless as he's been the past few weeks, then it's pretty damning towards Haley.

Do you disagree? And if that scenario unfolds, how else would you go about explaining it?

The idea that Weis would somehow mail it in or that the Chiefs would make it to the playoffs only to completely change their gameplanning approach is beyond ridiculous.

If Charles doesn't get a bulk of the carries, that could be a split decision. It could be Weis dominating Haley. It could be Haley injecting his will. We don't have a clue.

This is the kind of speculation that overreaches the facts.

pr_capone
01-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Zilla, it's 100 percent logical to speculate that if Charles gets 15 carries on Sunday, someone is a moron.

And because Haley has total control over the team and Weis is not long for KC, the reasonable conclusion in such an event is that Haley either a) lacked the balls to intervene or b) signed off on limiting Charles' touches.

I'm ok with Haley having signed off on limiting Charles' touches. The dude is barely 200lb soaking wet. His body can't handle 300 carries per season.

The guy is fresh for the playoffs and I expect him to get a dick ton of carries. If he doesn't... I will be SORELY disappointed.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
If Charles doesn't get a bulk of the carries, that could be a split decision. It could be Weis dominating Haley. It could be Haley injecting his will. We don't have a clue.

Haley is the head coach.

If Charles doesnt get 25 touches tomorrow Haley is either incompetent or lacks the balls to override his soon-to-be-gator OC.

In either event it is a major strike against him.

LaChapelle
01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
The further the Chiefs go the easier for Weis to recruit
in theory

KcMizzou
01-07-2011, 11:46 PM
We're in the playoffs. It's time to go balls out. If they've been saving Charles for anything, it's this.

KcMizzou
01-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Haley is the head coach.

If Charles doesnt get 25 touches tomorrow Haley is either incompetent or lacks the balls to override his soon-to-be-gator OC.

In either event it is a major strike against him.Psst.. the day after tomorrow...

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Haley is the head coach.

So if the Chiefs win with Jones getting the bulk of the carries, he's still going to be viewed as incompetent?

I don't pretend to know why Jones gets the bulk of the carries. There are strategic reasons why it makes sense to give him carries in some situations, and why it makes sense not to give Charles carries in other situations. I don't pretend to know if that's Weis' decision or Haley's decision, or a mutual decision. But I'm also not pretending I know the answer to that either.

It's all garbage speculation.

And to claim that either playcallers' competence is based purely on carry load, even if we have no idea what their strategy is on a play by play basis or a grand scheme, is beyond silly. I called you out earlier in the year when I said it was stupid for the Bengals to become a passing team, even if Benson wasn't their star player. There are strategic implications to every single playcall. These guys are experienced, respected playcallers, so it's just a little ridiculous that we pretend to know more about gameplanning than these guys.

J Diddy
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I got to agree with Claywhit (man I love that)

If we don't go out with guns ablazing there is a problem. Haley's hire was the epitome of what the team needed. Not afraid to throw the balls on the line.

It's is time to pull the balls out and put em on the line.

Probably, should hide em from Shaun though.

Awesome Aric
01-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Doesn't everyone say this?

Don't need a 5,000 word essay to tell me that, along with everyone else on this board. Maybe Haley is saving him for the playoff run? Sounds genius. Baltimore gets a double dose of Charles, bet on it.

J Diddy
01-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Doesn't everyone say this?

Don't need a 5,000 word essay to tell me that, along with everyone else on this board. Maybe Haley is saving him for the playoff run? Sounds genius. Baltimore gets a double dose of Charles, bet on it.

double dose

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I got to agree with Claywhit (man I love that)

If we don't go out with guns ablazing there is a problem. Haley's hire was the epitome of what the team needed. Not afraid to throw the balls on the line.

It's is time to pull the balls out and put em on the line.

Probably, should hide em from Shaun though.

I don't understand the rationale for walking in with "guns blazing" as everybody wants. We've had games where Charles has gotten involved early, and he hasn't been that effective either once defenses learned to gun to stop the run. In the 2 of the 3 games where he had over 20 carries, we won pretty unconvincingly (Buffalo and Denver).

We know the formula. Teams are going to gun for the run until we prove we can beat them with the pass. Both of those guys are going to be limited unless our passing game loosens up the defense. Our best bet for doing that is to use Jones and force defenses to stack the box, rather than spread their defense out to stop the speed threat. If I'm the Chiefs, my #1 objective is to get Cassel going. If Cassel doesn't get going, both Jones and Charles and the entire team is fucked.

J Diddy
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
I don't understand the rationale for walking in with "guns blazing" as everybody wants. We've had games where Charles has gotten involved early, and he hasn't been that effective either once defenses learned to gun to stop the run. In the 2 of the 3 games where he had over 20 carries, we won pretty unconvincingly (Buffalo and Denver).

We know the formula. Teams are going to gun for the run until we prove we can beat them with the pass. Both of those guys are going to be limited unless our passing game loosens up the defense. Our best bet for doing that is to use Jones and force defenses to stack the box, rather than spread their defense out to stop the speed threat. If I'm the Chiefs, my #1 objective is to get Cassel going. If Cassel doesn't get going, both Jones and Charles and the entire team is ****ed.

Agreed, but we gotta push it.

Marty didn't that's why tehm fingers ain't got no rings.

When I say guns a blazing, I mean just that. Don't curl up in a ball and hope someone will save the day. Curl them fists and go down swinging.

Rasputin
01-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Jackie Battle needs more carries. More than Jones, less than Charles. Jackie should have been getting an increase of carries as the season went on. He does play a lot in special teams though. I hate watching Jones run 1.5 yards on first and second downs.

Next year, if they go with 18 game season, then we should implement a 3 back rotation. Jones is just getting old and the tread on his tires are running thin. This offseason hope we pick up somebody that is durable and tough like Jones but just a younger version. I like the pound the rock then explode with JC offense we have.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Jackie Battle needs more carries. More than Jones, less than Charles. Jackie should have been getting an increase of carries as the season went on. He does play a lot in special teams though. I hate watching Jones run 1.5 yards on first and second downs.

Next year, if they go with 18 game season, then we should implement a 3 back rotation. Jones is just getting old and the tread on his tires are running thin. This offseason hope we pick up somebody that is durable and tough like Jones but just a younger version. I like the pound the rock then explode with JC offense we have.

I agree. Something I wish we experimented with more in-season.

BigRock
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM

Yes, we do have a clue. Because we're not 4 years old, and we can use common sense, and we can realize that on no planet in the known solar system would an NFL head coach, particularly this specific head coach, be "dominated" in a PLAYOFF GAME by an assistant coach who's already taken another job somewhere else.

The very suggestion is completely absurd. But even in the 0.00000001% chance that it did happen, Haley would still deserve a shit-ton of criticism for being an enormous pussy. So either way, it ends up on him.

The idea that the Chiefs would make it to the playoffs only to completely change their gameplanning approach is beyond ridiculous.

You're right. Why should they stop giving Jones the majority of the work? He's been so effective the last month or so.

Wait, what's that? He hasn't been effective? Not at all? Oh. Well, no big deal, it's just one game. It's not like their season ends if they lose.

KcMizzou
01-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Yes, we do have a clue. Because we're not 4 years old, and we can use common sense, and we can realize that on no planet in the known solar system would an NFL head coach, particularly this specific head coach, be "dominated" in a PLAYOFF GAME by an assistant coach who's already taken another job somewhere else.

The very suggestion is completely absurd. But even in the 0.00000001% chance that it did happen, Haley would still deserve a shit-ton of criticism for being an enormous pussy. So either way, it ends up on him.
LMAO

I'd add something... but I think you have it covered.

:clap:

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2011, 12:55 AM

-So the one school says he's a pussy for not dominating playcalling, and another is saying he'd be a stubborn jerk for taking power away from Weis?
-#2 - I've never once heard of a head coach strip their coordinator of playoff playcalling duties because he thought he was going to take an offer elsewhere. If Haley is reasonable, it will be business as usual, and it's beyond retarded to think that Weis would somehow flop on purpose or not commit full effort to the task at hand. I believe Weis said that when he was in New England, he was both calling playoff plays and calling recruits. It's happened before.
-#3 - How do you know this wasn't a shared decision to give Jones carries? For as much shit as he gets, in games where we have won convincingly, typically Jones sees a good deal of carries. Jones and Charles are two totally different backs that have certain strategic advantages and disadvantages. TO say he's useless purely because of his YPC total without considering how it forces defenses to scheme you is ignorant.

You're right. Why should they stop giving Jones the majority of the work? He's been so effective the last month or so.

Wait, what's that? He hasn't been effective? Not at all? Oh. Well, no big deal, it's just one game. It's not like their season ends if they lose.
Oh, that's crazy.

Because last time I checked, in the second half of the season, in every game we lost (except Oakland -- game 1, a game where our offense played pretty decent), Jamaal Charles got the bulk of the carries. Neither back is effective when defenses are crowding the box. But I can understand the rationale if the coaching staff believes that Jones' ineffectiveness early better sets up passing opportunities early.

Wallcrawler
01-08-2011, 01:06 AM
The roles have to reverse this Sunday. Im a big Thomas Jones fan. I like his attitude, his work ethic, and his reliability. He's tough, hard nosed, and an all around very good back.

However, he is aging, and the latter part of this season has seen his production absolutely hit the wall. Ive always believed that he was taking the bigger part of the load so that Charles would be fresh legged all season long, and into the post season should they make it.

Thats exactly what has happened. Both backs are as healthy as can be expected for January. TJ has done what he was brought here to do, and now its time for him to do what Jamaal Charles did all season and graciously accept the back seat.

If the flow of the game is right, and the Chiefs dont start out down by 2 scores or something ridiculous, Jamaal needs to touch that ball about 25 times. Jones should only be in on plays where Jamaal is winded after torching the slow ass ravens for 60+, or on short yardage downs where pounding the rock is what is called for. Otherwise, we ride Charles until his wheels fall off.

The biggest X factor in this game though, in my opinion is going to be Dwayne Bowe. How is he going to respond to playing on the big stage? Is he going to be shut down and taken out of the game by the defense? Is he going to shut himself down with drops?

Or will the monster that his statline portrays him to be show up and make big plays when we really need them. If the D-Bowe show comes in and plays like he looks on paper, and Charles is the featured back in the offense, I think we have a legitimate shot and rolling these Ravens.

If we see the turnstile O-line blocking for 1 yard and a cloud of dust and then a bubble screen on 3rd and long, kiss it goodbye.

BigRock
01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
So the one school says he's a pussy for not dominating playcalling, and another is saying he'd be a stubborn jerk for taking power away from Weis?

Dominating the playcalling? All Haley has to say is "I want Jamaal to carry the load on Sunday". The end.

None of us know who decided to limit Charles' touches this season. Maybe it was Haley. Maybe it was Weis. Maybe it was both of them. But we DO know who can put a stop to it: the head coach. Which was the point of this article.

And if Weis disagrees for some reason, then tough shit, Charlie. You're not making those decisions, fat man.

I've never once heard of a head coach strip their coordinator of playoff playcalling duties because he thought he was going to take an offer elsewhere.

Who's stripping anybody of playcalling duties?

it's beyond retarded to think that Weis would somehow flop on purpose or not commit full effort to the task at hand.

Who's saying he would? What are you even talking about? You're arguing points that nobody's making.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2011, 07:31 AM
If the Chiefs don't run (and throw) Charles into the ground starting Sunday I'm going to be ticked off. It's obvious that Charles is amazing and needs the ball more. I just hope it's obvious to the Chiefs now.

IMO, if we weren't busying dicking around trying to get Jones his 1,000 yards rushing last week, we would've won that game handidly. But the game meant nothing, that's why you see a game plan out of the gate getting Jones the ball early and often. I don't think the Chiefs would've done that if the AFC West title was on the line. But I've been wrong many times lol.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2011, 09:04 AM

According to whom? Haley has to answer to two people, Clark and Scott...

He doesnt have to answer to some wannabe unamerican jornalist hack named Claythan or any other media or message board member...

To many try and pass off speculation as fact...

Reerun_KC
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
If the Chiefs don't run (and throw) Charles into the ground starting Sunday I'm going to be ticked off. It's obvious that Charles is amazing and needs the ball more. I just hope it's obvious to the Chiefs now.

IMO, if we weren't busying dicking around trying to get Jones his 1,000 yards rushing last week, we would've won that game handidly. But the game meant nothing, that's why you see a game plan out of the gate getting Jones the ball early and often. I don't think the Chiefs would've done that if the AFC West title was on the line. But I've been wrong many times lol.

ROFL

Okay that is funny.... Cause the Raiders owned or lines on both sides of the ball... They are and were more physical than the Chiefs. They abused us physically in all aspects of the game...

You could of ran Charles 30 times in that game and it still wouldnt of made a difference in the out come...

Lets be a little more realistic here...

Hammock Parties
01-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Amazing that people think the Chiefs can win tomorrow with Jones getting the ball the majority of the time. Amazing.

Also amazing that anyone would try to make a correlation between Charles getting more carries and the Chiefs doing poorly. If only Jones had carried it 20 times against Buffalo, we could have been up big in the fourth quarter!

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Amazing that people think the Chiefs can win tomorrow with Jones getting the ball the majority of the time. Amazing.

Also amazing that anyone would try to make a correlation between Charles getting more carries and the Chiefs doing poorly. If only Jones had carried it 20 times against Buffalo, we could have been up big in the fourth quarter!

I am suggesting that if we don't pass the ball well, we are fucked. And an offensive set with Jones is much more Cassel-friendly than one with Charles. Which is why I want the ball in Jones' hands early, Matt Cassel needs to take advantage of the in-the-box defense, and then in the 2nd quarter, the defense should be loosened up for Charles to take over the game.

You're talking about winning with one guy. I'm talking about winning by creating a good environment for this offense to have balance.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
And an offensive set with Jones is much more Cassel-friendly than one with Charles.

This is the stupid as hell.

Is Jones more of a running threat to the defense? No.

Is Jones a better receiver? No.

Is Jones a better blocker. Yes, but it's not like Charles is LJ.

If Charles is in the game it takes focus off other playmakers, teams are more likely to put an extra man in the box, play-action fakes are more lethal, etc, etc, etc.

Jones should be used to give Charles breathers in this game and for short yardage. Nothing else.

25+ touches for our best player tomorrow. No excuses.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2011, 10:48 AM
This is the stupid as hell.

Is Jones more of a running threat to the defense? No.

Is Jones a better receiver? No.

Is Jones a better blocker. Yes, but it's not like Charles is LJ.

If Charles is in the game it takes focus off other playmakers, teams are more likely to put an extra man in the box, play-action fakes are more lethal, etc, etc, etc.

Jones should be used to give Charles breathers in this game and for short yardage. Nothing else.

25+ touches for our best player tomorrow. No excuses.

When Jones is in the game, it forces defenses to contain the inside run and to use power personnel. When Charles is in the game, you have to spread to stop the outside run and use speed personnel.

And bullshit that Jones doesn't make defenses stack the box. They most certainly do.

When Jones is used early, Cassel tends to be more effective at throwing the ball downfield. Jones is a much better back to use early if you want to get Cassel in a rhythm, especially since this is his first ever playoff game.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd nutt in my pants if Charles hit over 25 carries tomorrow but I doubt it will happen. Thing is the Ravens don't play that rushing bullshit, I think we'd have to straight out air the rock out....this article is bunz BTW.

Rasputin
01-08-2011, 11:03 AM
When Jones is in the game, it forces defenses to contain the inside run and to use power personnel. When Charles is in the game, you have to spread to stop the outside run and use speed personnel.

And bullshit that Jones doesn't make defenses stack the box. They most certainly do.

When Jones is used early, Cassel tends to be more effective at throwing the ball downfield. Jones is a much better back to use early if you want to get Cassel in a rhythm, especially since this is his first ever playoff game.

BS. With jones we get 2yrds on two carries and then it's 3rd & long, that puts Cassel and the team in a bind. That's how most our opening drives start out with Jones. It's rediculas time after time doing the same thing. It takes them a quarter and a half to get things going before our offense starts producing and thats about when they put JC in.

Start Croyle
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Charles and Croyle.

Both players with high potential being held back by favoritism and politics among the coaches!

Hammock Parties
01-08-2011, 11:09 AM

This is just the most retarded thing I've read all year. The threat of two yards and falling down forces the defense to adjust? Charles doesn't carry the ball inside?

Jones is worthless to the Chiefs now. He's done his part. Now it's time for Charles to carry the team.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2011, 11:15 AM
This is just the most retarded thing I've read all year. The threat of two yards and falling down forces the defense to adjust? Charles doesn't carry the ball inside?

Jones is worthless to the Chiefs now. He's done his part. Now it's time for Charles to carry the team.

You're right. You're smarter than every defensive coordinator in the NFL. Why are they stacking the box in the first quarter to stop a RB who's worthless and just falls on the ground after 2 yards?

And in terms of interior runs, Charles is a good interior runner, but you're a retard if you think defenses are worried about him gashing them on the inside. Charles is at his best running to the outside, and that's exactly where defenses will try to stop him.

Rausch
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Haley is the head coach.

Fuck.

I.........com..................p.......p..........pletely........agree...

dannybcaitlyn
01-08-2011, 11:37 AM
BS. With jones we get 2yrds on two carries and then it's 3rd & long, that puts Cassel and the team in a bind. That's how most our opening drives start out with Jones. It's rediculas time after time doing the same thing. It takes them a quarter and a half to get things going before our offense starts producing and thats about when they put JC in.

Totally agree!!