PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Baltimore Sun Three things that could go wrong with Ravens vs. Chiefs

RippedmyFlesh
01-08-2011, 12:36 AM
nice little article if you are a chief's fan :evil:

Three things that could go wrong with Ravens vs. Chiefs
January 06, 2011|By Jamison Hensley, The Baltimore Sun
1. Ravens can't stop NFL's best ground attack. With Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones, the Chiefs have averaged a league-best 182.9 yards rushing at home. But the Ravens haven't allowed a running back to crack 100 yards against them in 13 postseason games.

2. Michael Oher fails to slow down Kansas City's top pass rusher. Tamba Hali led the AFC with 14 ½ sacks this season. That's a big challenge for Oher, who won't be at full strength because he's nursing a right knee injury.

3. Offense flinches in loud environment. In the friendly confines of M&T Bank Stadium, the Ravens committed four false start penalties, including two on third downs. It'll be tougher to hear the snap count at rowdy Arrowhead Stadium.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-01-06/sports/bs-sp-three-things-wong-0107-20110106_1_text-football-baltimore-sun-ravens-text-m-t-bank-stadium

boogblaster
01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
hate to hear that .......

RippedmyFlesh
01-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Hali could have a good day. And Arrowhead will be good for at least 3 false start penalties.
That part I liked.

Rasputin
01-08-2011, 12:48 AM
See, it's not so bad or the gloom. We did get some respect from our playoff advisary this weekend. Sweet. Now hope it plays out that way & Hali takes advantage of Oher, we break out with 180+ yards rushing and the crowd makes the Ravens ears bleed. We can win this damn game!

runnercyclist
01-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Chiefs by 10

johnny961
01-08-2011, 12:57 AM
I think the whole thing boils down to #1 on the list. If we can move the ball against the ravens defense, we have a good shot at winning.

LaChapelle
01-08-2011, 12:57 AM
What ever has been killing the birds in the midwest in mass

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-08-2011, 01:17 AM
What ever has been killing the birds in the midwest in mass

It's a sign from God I tell you

Of course with our luck, we'll win our first playoff game since Clinton's first term on Sunday and the world will end on Monday

runnercyclist
01-08-2011, 01:21 AM

Of course with our luck, we'll win our first playoff game since Clinton's first term on Sunday and the world will end on Monday

A playoff win, is a playoff win. You gotta take the good with the bad!

prhom
01-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Like most games this year if the Chiefs show up to play we can win. I certainly hope we come out with lots of fight. It's all a matter of will at this point.

JOhn
01-08-2011, 01:24 AM

I'm OK with that :hmmm:

prhom
01-08-2011, 01:26 AM
A playoff win, is a playoff win. You gotta take the good with the bad!

If we get a playoff win I'm gonna go crazy. I don't care how we get it, I want it bad!

runnercyclist
01-08-2011, 01:29 AM
If we get a playoff win I'm gonna go crazy. I don't care how we get it, I want it bad!

Me either!

RippedmyFlesh
01-08-2011, 01:32 AM

At the very least some bad mojo for teams with bird mascots.

01-08-2011, 01:58 AM

Of course with our luck, we'll win our first playoff game since Clinton's first term on Sunday and the world will end on MondayThe world isn't ending until May. Haven't you heard?

prhom
01-08-2011, 02:15 AM
The world isn't ending until May. Haven't you heard?

Link?...

01-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Link?...I'm too lazy to go look for it. Somebody here posted about it last week though.

EDIT
Ok judgement day is May and end of world is November.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

RippedmyFlesh
01-08-2011, 02:18 AM
The world isn't ending until May. Haven't you heard?

2012=Comet Kohoutek

The Long Count was used by the Maya to document past and future events. Their other calendars were simply too short to document any date beyond 52 years. The 52-year calendar -- known as the "Calendar Round" -- was used as it spans a generation, or the approximate lifetime of an individual.

Using the Calendar Round meant that events in a person's life could be chronicled over 52 years -- or 52 "Haab's," spanning 18,980 unique days. But what if the Maya wanted to keep note of a historical event that occurred more than 52 years ago? Or perhaps mark a date more than 52 years into the future?

It's Just a Numerical Coincidence

Using remarkable ingenuity, the Maya created the "Long Count" calendar, a departure from the shorter calendars. The Long Count is a numerically predictable calendar, not based on archaic measures of time.

Now, purely as a consequence of the Long Count's numerical value, many Mayan scholars agree that the calendar will "run out" after 5,126 years (or, at least, it's first cycle does). The Mayans set this calendar to begin in the year 3114 B.C. (according to our modern Gregorian calendar). If the Long Count began in 3114 B.C. and it's calculated to continue for 5126 years, the "end date" will be -- you guessed it -- 2012 A.D. Further refinement sets the date to Dec. 21, the day of the winter solstice for the Northern Hemisphere.

http://news.discovery.com/space/the-2012-mayan-calendar-doomsday-date-might-be-wrong.html

01-08-2011, 02:19 AM
2012=Comet Kohoutek

The Long Count was used by the Maya to document past and future events. Their other calendars were simply too short to document any date beyond 52 years. The 52-year calendar -- known as the "Calendar Round" -- was used as it spans a generation, or the approximate lifetime of an individual.

Using the Calendar Round meant that events in a person's life could be chronicled over 52 years -- or 52 "Haab's," spanning 18,980 unique days. But what if the Maya wanted to keep note of a historical event that occurred more than 52 years ago? Or perhaps mark a date more than 52 years into the future?

It's Just a Numerical Coincidence

Using remarkable ingenuity, the Maya created the "Long Count" calendar, a departure from the shorter calendars. The Long Count is a numerically predictable calendar, not based on archaic measures of time.

Now, purely as a consequence of the Long Count's numerical value, many Mayan scholars agree that the calendar will "run out" after 5,126 years (or, at least, it's first cycle does). The Mayans set this calendar to begin in the year 3114 B.C. (according to our modern Gregorian calendar). If the Long Count began in 3114 B.C. and it's calculated to continue for 5126 years, the "end date" will be -- you guessed it -- 2012 A.D. Further refinement sets the date to Dec. 21, the day of the winter solstice for the Northern Hemisphere.

http://news.discovery.com/space/the-2012-mayan-calendar-doomsday-date-might-be-wrong.htmlThats old news.

threebag
01-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Still on the CHIEFS by 10 bandwagon.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Meteors are overrated.

Rausch
01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
1. Ravens can't stop NFL's best ground attack. With Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones, the Chiefs have averaged a league-best 182.9 yards rushing at home. But the Ravens haven't allowed a running back to crack 100 yards against them in 13 postseason games.

How many postseason games have they played this year?...

2. Michael Oher fails to slow down Kansas City's top pass rusher. Tamba Hali led the AFC with 14 ½ sacks this season. That's a big challenge for Oher, who won't be at full strength because he's nursing a right knee injury.

Oher better do more than "slow down" Hali if they want to limit turnovers.

3. Offense flinches in loud environment. In the friendly confines of M&T Bank Stadium, the Ravens committed four false start penalties, including two on third downs. It'll be tougher to hear the snap count at rowdy Arrowhead Stadium.

Almost every team has 1 or 2 false start penalties at Arrowhead. You should plan on that, know that, understand that.

If having a few false start penalties makes your top 3 worries list you've got more than 3 things to worry about...

Rausch
01-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm OK with that :hmmm:

You better find some offs to go fuck 'cause I ain't leaving until we land a Lombardi!:cuss:

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I can't believe the "talking head experts" have said nothing all week about Hali going against thier tackles. It's a pretty glaring advantage this team has. I have seen the balls polished of every Raven defender though including Jarret Johnson.

Rausch
01-08-2011, 09:17 AM
I can't believe the "talking head experts" have said nothing all week about Hali going against thier tackles. It's a pretty glaring advantage this team has.

Not only that but our corners vs. their WR's.

Looking at the talent you'd think easy win for the birds but they haven't done a good job of getting the ball to their WR's all year. With what they've got they should be dynamic and able to sustain long drives.

They're not though, they're inconsistent.

Much like us.

We'll need our Safeties this week. Deep and over the middle is where our pass defense has been beaten most. Bmore loves to bang it up the middle and go for the big play and if we can deny them that (+20/30 yard plays) we should win this game...

donkhater
01-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Personally, I think that if the O-line plays well, KC wins. If not, they lose. Baltimore's offense isn't so explosive that the defense can't handle them, but if KC can't rush the ball or give Cassel time, it won't matter.

Bwana
01-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Die Raven scum!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fOunrTVzyt4l6M:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/scottmale24/NGMSPA/72.gif&t=1

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Not only that but our corners vs. their WR's.

Looking at the talent you'd think easy win for the birds but they haven't done a good job of getting the ball to their WR's all year. With what they've got they should be dynamic and able to sustain long drives.

They're not though, they're inconsistent.

Much like us.

We'll need our Safeties this week. Deep and over the middle is where our pass defense has been beaten most. Bmore loves to bang it up the middle and go for the big play and if we can deny them that (+20/30 yard plays) we should win this game...

Why the Chiefs can win.

KC's corners match up very well against Baltimore's recievers.
They don't have a corner that can lock Bowe down.
Moeaki is going to be tough for them to defend. Saw that on Playbook.
The Chiefs are averaging 180 plus rushing yards a game at home.
Tamba can beat either of thier tackles consistently.
Flacco has struggled in the playoffs.
Baltimore has only 27 sacks this season.
Baltimore has been a conservative and middle of the pack on offense this season even with all the talent they have.

DonTellMeShowMe
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
The Falcons, with a lucky blown PI call at the end of the game, just barely beat them. 49ers barely lost to Falcons in Atlanta by a game winning field goal. Chiefs raped 49ers.

Therefore:

Chiefs > Falcons > Ravens > 49ers

you guys are fine...

Rausch
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Personally, I think that if the O-line plays well, KC wins. If not, they lose. Baltimore's offense isn't so explosive that the defense can't handle them, but if KC can't rush the ball or give Cassel time, it won't matter.

True 'dat...

DonTellMeShowMe
01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Chiefs HAVE to get the run game going...if they cant get yardage on the ground, im not too sure about this one

Rausch
01-08-2011, 09:36 AM
The Falcons, with a lucky blown PI call at the end of the game, just barely beat them. 49ers barely lost to Falcons in Atlanta by a game winning field goal. Chiefs raped 49ers.

Therefore:

Chiefs > Falcons > Ravens > 49ers

you guys are fine...

This type of logic is why I want you to watch the game at my house but won't let you work on my car...

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Chiefs HAVE to get the run game going...if they cant get yardage on the ground, im not too sure about this one

The only thing that has slowed down Jamaal Charles this season is Todd Haley. If he doesn't touch the ball 25 times this week I am going to be pissed. I like the way they've conserved him and kept him fresh, but this is the playoffs. It's time for him to be unleashed.

DonTellMeShowMe
01-08-2011, 09:44 AM
This type of logic is why I want you to watch the game at my house but won't let you work on my car...

Homerism logic?

Car: Burning oil smell > Add more oil> Should be good :thumb:

Rausch
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
The only thing that has slowed down Jamaal Charles this season is Todd Haley. If he doesn't touch the ball 25 times this week I am going to be pissed. I like the way they've conserved him and kept him fresh, but this is the playoffs. It's time for him to be unleashed.

Absolutely.

Our games vs. the Raiders is a great example. 1st game was tight al the way and went to OT.

That game: Jamaal Charles had 10 carries for 53 yards. 13 yards was his longest run.
Thomas Jones had 19 carries for 32 yards. Longest run was 7 yards.

So, easy to see, next time we play them Charles needs the ball more.

Well, 2nd Raider game: Jamaal Charles gets 14 carries for 87 yards. Long run of 47. Improvement there.
Thomas Jones gets 10 carries, 17 total yards, long of 4 yards. Major suck.

It's time for Charles to get 2/3rds the touches and Jones to get 1/3rd...