PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can the Chiefs pull off third straight upset in 2010 NFL Playoffs?

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Can our boys do it against Baltimore? Two upsets today, Chiefs need to continue the trend Sunday. Saints were favored by 10. Colts were favored by 2. Ravens are favored by 3. Hell yeah we can continue the upset trend!!!!!!

WebGem
01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
HBK as in Shawn Michaels?

petegz28
01-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Two words.....Jamal Fucking Charles!!!

Ok, it's 3

Thig Lyfe
01-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Hell yeah we can continue the upset trend!!!!!!

Then it's decided. Lock this thread, please.

mnchiefsguy
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Colts were favored...but when a home team is favored by less than a FG, usually that is more of push, since home field is usually worth a FG...so NY beating Indy is a mild upset, but not really given the Jets had a better regular season than the Colts.

Marcellus
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
1 Wildcard already won so we met the quota for the weekend. Go Chiefs!

mnchiefsguy
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
But to answer the original question...if the Chiefs show up and play the football they are capable of, I believe they can win the game on Sunday.

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
ChiefsFan5840, yes.

Marcellus, good point!

mnchiefsguy, all still considered upsets.

GO CHIEFS!!!

nose
01-08-2011, 10:25 PM
get at em SEA OF RED let em know they are in ARROWHEAD!!! GO CHIEFS

heck yes we can do it and will!!!

SPATCH
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
we will lose... hard

4th and Long
01-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Can the Chiefs pull off third straight upset in 2010 NFL Playoffs?
Does a former drill sergeant make a terrible therapist?”

Patient: “And that’s why yellow makes me sad I think.”

Sarge: “That’s interesting… You know what makes me sad? YOU DO! Maybe we should chug on over to namby-pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you ya jackwagon!

Tissue?” ::throws box at patient::

http://thebrainchildgroup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Picture-366.png

cabletech94
01-08-2011, 10:40 PM
we will lose... hard

you shut your mouth, SIR!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Wallcrawler
01-08-2011, 10:42 PM
we will lose... hard

Tonight when you go to sleep, the Gnomes are going to inject you with the festering, AIDS ridden blood of a Raider groupie.

Enjoy.

DJJasonp
01-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I dont see it as an upset if we win.

We've got the "lower seeds beating higher seeds" out of the way today.

We are the number 4 seed....ravens are 5.

If there's one thing that came out of today, it's that the whiny, bitchy d-bags that cried about higher win-total teams having to go on the road to play a lower win-total team....can all eat a di*k.

Tomorrow, the higher seed teams win.

WebGem
01-08-2011, 10:43 PM
ChiefsFan5840, yes.

HBK is one of my idols. I fucking love that guy, and it's sad he probably won't have a match ever again. I was at WM26 live and it was awesome.

I just wish he woulda hung around long enough for HBK vs Danielson to happen.

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I dont see it as an upset if we win.

We've got the "lower seeds beating higher seeds" out of the way today.

We are the number 4 seed....ravens are 5.

If there's one thing that came out of today, it's that the whiny, bitchy d-bags that cried about higher win-total teams having to go on the road to play a lower win-total team....can all eat a di*k.

Tomorrow, the higher seed teams win. I like your logic at the end of the day but most people would definitely agree with the line for this game and consider us the underdog. I've been dealing with it all week with my friends and co-workers.

HBK is one of my idols. I ****ing love that guy, and it's sad he probably won't have a match ever again. I was at WM26 live and it was awesome.

I just wish he woulda hung around long enough for HBK vs Danielson to happen.
Very cool! I was at WrestleMania 25 to witness the greatest match of all-time. Shawn Michaels is my idol too. Watched him since '88. I actually got to meet him in 2004. Very cool to now know another huge HBK mark on CP!

GO CHIEFS!!!

1ChiefsDan
01-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Chiefs Will

WebGem
01-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Very cool! I was at WrestleMania 25 to witness the greatest match of all-time. Shawn Michaels is my idol too. Watched him since '88. I actually got to meet him in 2004. Very cool to now know another huge HBK mark on CP!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Yeah WM25 and WM26 HBK/Taker matches were both great. I was actually at RAW the day after 26 to see his retirement speech too. Got ringside tickets last minute for $30, hadn't even planned on going to RAW until 3 hours or so before the show. It was one of the best decisions I made all year.

You live in Austin I see. I'm actually moving to Austin the first week of May. I posted about it earlier in the week saying it was 80%, it's more like 95% now. You know of any Chiefs bars out there?

Edit: The guy I'm moving there with is also a huge Chiefs fan. And I think Dante84 has plans to move there sometime soon also. City is gonna get taken over by Chiefs nation obv.

4th and Long
01-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Amazing. An "upset" thread turns into a WWE thread.

CP never ceases to amaze me.

WebGem
01-08-2011, 11:01 PM

We could combine the two and talk about the biggest upsets in pro wrestling history.

Marcellus
01-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Chiefs Will

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

KCrockaholic
01-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Remember when Crash beat Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship, and he held the title for like a week. That was a major upset.

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah WM25 and WM26 HBK/Taker matches were both great. I was actually at RAW the day after 26 to see his retirement speech too. Got ringside tickets last minute for $30, hadn't even planned on going to RAW until 3 hours or so before the show. It was one of the best decisions I made all year.

You live in Austin I see. I'm actually moving to Austin the first week of May. I posted about it earlier in the week saying it was 80%, it's more like 95% now. You know of any Chiefs bars out there?

Edit: The guy I'm moving there with is also a huge Chiefs fan. And I think Dante84 has plans to move there sometime soon also. City is gonna get taken over by Chiefs nation obv.
I really wanted to go to WM again for 26 but couldn't afford it. I envy that you were there for his last match and retirement speech. He is truly the greatest ever!

Hell yeah! Austin is about to be Arrowhead Southwest! Not really any Chiefs bars but you will bump into a good number of Chiefs fans around here. When you guys move we can make a Chiefs bar out of one of 'em! What's bringing you to Austin if you don't mind me asking? It's really an incredibly awesome place to live...

GO CHIEFS!!!

WebGem
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I really wanted to go to WM again for 26 but couldn't afford it. I envy that you were there for his last match and retirement speech. He is truly the greatest ever!

Hell yeah! Austin is about to be Arrowhead Southwest! Not really any Chiefs bars but you will bump into a good number of Chiefs fans around here. When you guys move we can make a Chiefs bar out of one of 'em! What's bringing you to Austin if you don't mind me asking? It's really an incredibly awesome place to live...

GO CHIEFS!!!

Just need somewhere new to move and I looked into a bunch of cities pretty much everywhere and that seemed to be the right one. Nothing specific like a job or family, just wanted to find a nice, fun city.

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Just need somewhere new to move and I looked into a bunch of cities pretty much everywhere and that seemed to be the right one. Nothing specific like a job or family, just wanted to find a nice, fun city.

Great choice:thumb:

WebGem
01-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Great choice:thumb:

Yeah I'm pretty pumped. It's like 116 days away or something. I was counting down until a day or 2 ago.

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah I'm pretty pumped. It's like 116 days away or something. I was counting down until a day or 2 ago.

Dude, if you need anything at all or have questions, feel free to ask. And by the way I hope your little brother will be okay.

WebGem
01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Dude, if you need anything at all or have questions, feel free to ask. And by the way I hope your little brother will be okay.

Are you talking about the thread about him being in the hospital and paralyzed? That was 6 years ago. I randomly found it and realized I never updated it to let everyone know he made it out okay. So I bumped it to do that, he's fine. Just had his first child 2 weeks ago.

HBKChiefs
01-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Are you talking about the thread about him being in the hospital and paralyzed? That was 6 years ago. I randomly found it and realized I never updated it to let everyone know he made it out okay. So I bumped it to do that, he's fine. Just had his first child 2 weeks ago.
Oh, well that's great!

kcchiefsus
01-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't know, it depends. If Haley/Weiss still insist on running Thomas Jones 20 times for 35 yards then we will lose big. If they pull their heads out of their asses and run the ball at a 2:1 ratio in favor of Jammal Charles then we will have a much better chance.

And I pray we don't come out and play conservative (afraid). This is the playoffs, we need to attack. Play like there is no tomorrow, because there isn't if we lose. They need to play loose but disciplined. If we come out and play not to lose we will lose.

I'm really not sure what to expect. I really hope our performance last week was a result of the game not meaning a whole lot.

keg in kc
01-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Watching tonight I couldn't help but think how good a matchup the Jets would have been. That Indy defense is not very good and they still almost Sanchezed themselves to a win against that pathetic NY offense. We might have held that team to one score at Arrowhead.

Oh well. We can beat Baltimore, too.

Barret
01-09-2011, 12:28 AM

Maybe we can tell all the Ravens fans and the national media to SUCK IT when the Chiefs commence with the beat down and give the "Sweet Chin Music" to Flacco and his crew.

There, see how that was a direct correlation between WWE Shawn Michaels and Chiefs domination?

HBKChiefs
01-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Maybe we can tell all the Ravens fans and the national media to SUCK IT when the Chiefs commence with the beat down and give the "Sweet Chin Music" to Flacco and his crew.

There, see how that was a direct correlation between WWE Shawn Michaels and Chiefs domination?

I love it!!! Showstopping post:thumb:

HBK! HBK! HBK!!!

And

GO CHIEFS!!!

WebGem
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM

OMG HOF post