PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's Us Against the World

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Honestly, you watch these analysts and there's few that give us any chance.

All they want to talk about is Flacco's playoff experience (nevermind he's got a 1:6 TD/INT ratio in the playoffs), and the fact that the Raiders beat us last week.

I've never in my life seen one game have such a huge impact in so many's thinking.

The Ravens aren't the Raiders. They aren't our prime rival. They aren't as physical, they don't rush the passer as well and they don't have a power run game like Oakland.

All you hear is Ray Rice and how great he is. Ray Rice was dogshit most of the year. You hear about him, and then they just glance over Jamaal Charles and keep talking about how the Ravens stop the run. The Ravens have faced 5 legit RBs this entire year (Turner, Hillis, Foster and Mendenhall and Tomlinson). They beat up on the Bengals, Dolphins, Broncos, Bills, Panthers (Mike Goodson ran for 120 against them with Brian St. Pierre at QB), Saints, and Bucs.

Their run D is massively overrated, and this love for Flacco is too. I hear Deion Sanders say how much he loves the Ravens secondary, and then the next sentence he says is "they only have Ed Reed". It can't be both ways. No mention of Bowe and his NFL leading touchdowns. None.

All Ravens. All the time. Fuck that.

Those going to the game tomorrow, make so much fucking noise that you can't hear right for the next week.
Exercise all the demons that have plagued us for the last 17 years and finally end this drought.

Matt Hasselbeck just beat the NFL Champs in his house. Now it's our turn. Beat these god damn showboating Ravens. Punch Ray Lewis in the mouth immediately so he has flashbacks of Will Shields and Tony Richardson kicking his ass.

When he comes out doing his shimmy, boo the hell out of him. Not in our house. Not Sunday.

This is our house. Our time. Take no prisoners and run Jamaal Charles rabid.

I'm so jacked up, I don't know how I'll make it to game time.

Fuck the Ravens, nevermore.

KurtCobain
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
nevermore

WebGem
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Their run D is massively overrated, and this love for Flacco is too. I hear Deion Sanders say how much he loves the Ravens secondary, and then the next sentence he says is "they only have Ed Reed".

Their safeties have sucked for most of the year too, Reed included.

DeezNutz
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
I fucking threw up listening to Mayock love the shit out of Thomas during the Seattle game. "Ed Reed!!! blah blah blah"

Fuck you. Berry is better.

Brock
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Might as well play the game anyway.

kcfanXIII
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Beat Baltimore and they will all be sucking KC off all the way to Pittsburgh.

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 12:24 AM
I ****ing threw up listening to Mayock love the shit out of Thomas during the Seattle game. "Ed Reed!!! blah blah blah"

**** you. Berry is better.

I got to know Mayock really well. One thing he'll never do is admit he's wrong. He said he loved Thomas more than Berry since the end of 2009.

Basileus777
01-09-2011, 12:25 AM
I fucking threw up listening to Mayock love the shit out of Thomas during the Seattle game. "Ed Reed!!! blah blah blah"

Fuck you. Berry is better.

Mayock has been riding Earl Thomas' dick since before the draft. No surprise there.

DeezNutz
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
I got to know Mayock really well. One thing he'll never do is admit he's wrong. He said he loved Thomas more than Berry since the end of 2009.

Fair enough, and I'm not saying that Thomas is a bad player, far from it, but I would think that most objective folks would give the nod to Berry thus far in their careers.

So much hyperbole from Mayock today that it was tough.

KcMizzou
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGkuYsE8F7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGkuYsE8F7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Fair enough, and I'm not saying that Thomas is a bad player, far from it, but I would think that most objective folks would give the nod to Berry thus far in their careers.

So much hyperbole from Mayock today that it was tough.

Don't think I'm defending him because I'm not. He's completely wrong about it, but he's a stubborn SOB who will never admit he was wrong about a player. That's just the way he is. He'll keep pimping Earl Thomas like he's the next coming of Ronnie Lott to try to validate himself.

keg in kc
01-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I can't quite decide how to feel on this one.

On one hand, I think people are overreacting to one game. The Chiefs were very good at home this year. Except for last weekend.

But on the other hand, they did get completely blown out 3 times in their last 8 games. Of course they also blew out 4 teams in their last 8 games.

So what the hell is going to happen tomorrow? Is it the Chiefs that kept getting creamed in division games? Or is it the Chiefs that basically dismantled everybody else they played (including the Texans, even though they lost that one in the end).

This game is so hard to read.

Still wish it would have been the Jets. All along I've felt like that was a more winnable game. Those guys just don't scare me at all. Whereas for some reason the Ravens make me nervous.

Probably just some panic because things didn't fall the way I'd hoped. The Ravens are beatable. It's definitely a game where team speed will really lean in our favor.

And there's a part of me that just isn't sold on the Chiefs yet. Not that I don't think they're a deserving playoff team. That's not what I mean. What I'm not sure about is how they're going to play in the playoffs. What's Cassel going to do, play like last week, or play like the weeks before? What's the line going to do? Is Charles at a higher risk for drops with more carries? Is he going to get more carries? What will Bowe do in a playoff game? What kind of KC defense is going to show up? Last week's, or the ones from the other 7 home games? How much pressure is Flacco going to be under? How is this team going to react to the first real pressure situation that almost 3/4 of them have ever faced at the pro level?

It's scary. And exciting.

What I don't think it is is a sure thing for Baltimore.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Whats funny is the media talks about guys like reggie bush a ****ing 1st round bust imo...instead of a real stud like Charles

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Still wish it would have been the Jets. All along I've felt like that was a more winnable game. Those guys just don't scare me at all. Whereas for some reason the Ravens make me nervous.

The Jets are a far shittier matchup to be honest.

They can take out Bowe and Moeaki. They have a mauling offensive line that would present problems.

The Ravens are banged up, have been searching for an identity all season. They have a QB who has a 1:6 TD/Int ratio and they have a completely shit corner duo.

We match up every well with the Ravens if you don't listen to all the talking heads who basically have given the Ravens a bus ticket to Pittsburgh already.

CaliforniaChief
01-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Holthus said this during the week and I think it's good. We're not playing the legendary Ravens team...we're just playing a good football team who has, like us, considerable weaknesses.

Arise, Arrowhead.

keg in kc
01-09-2011, 12:38 AM
The Jets are a far shittier matchup to be honest.

They can take out Bowe and Moeaki. They have a mauling offensive line that would present problems.

The Ravens are banged up, have been searching for an identity all season. They have a QB who has a 1:6 TD/Int ratio and they have a completely shit corner duo.

We match up every well with the Ravens if you don't listen to all the talking heads who basically have given the Ravens a bus ticket to Pittsburgh already.I'm not trying to say that Baltimore is anything great. I just think the Jets are one of the more overrated teams in the league. They're going to get absolutely crushed by New England next week. And I think a performance like they had today, but at Arrowhead, would have ended about 24-10, with them on the short side.

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm not trying to say that Baltimore is anything great. I just think the Jets are one of the more overrated teams in the league. They're going to get absolutely crushed by New England next week. And I think a performance like they had today, but at Arrowhead, would have ended about 24-10, with them on the short side.

Yes, they would get destroyed. But our strengths don't match up with the Jets.

Our passing game would have been neutered big time.

keg in kc
01-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Yes, they would get destroyed. But our strengths don't match up with the Jets.

Our passing game would have been neutered big time.I kind of expect that to happen anyway, whether it's Baltimore or the Jets. I think Charles/McCluster (and Jones) and the return game would have been/will be more important than Bowe or Moeaki, regardless of who we ended up with.

I just don't expect a big passing day. I think they're going to stick with what got them there, and that's a strong running game, strong defense, and holding on to the football.

But I've been wrong before...

(Nothing would make me happier than winning the opening toss and then watching Cassel go 6 for 6 on the opening drive, ending with a TD to Bowe...)

(Well, okay, check that: I don't really care what they do if the opening drive ends with a TD)

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I kind of expect that to happen anyway, whether it's Baltimore or the Jets. I think Charles/McCluster (and Jones) and the return game would have been/will be more important than Bowe or Moeaki, regardless of who we ended up with.

I just don't expect a big passing day. I think they're going to stick with what got them there, and that's a strong running game, strong defense, and holding on to the football.

But I've been wrong before...

The Ravens can definitely be attacked outside the hashes. Bowe can have a huge day against Josh Wilson or Chris Carr. Jerome Simpson ripped them last week.

We need to be balanced. Keep them on their toes. Suggs is laboring with a knee injury, run right at him.

Buehler445
01-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Yes. Fuck these motherfuckers.

HBKChiefs
01-09-2011, 12:51 AM

All they want to talk about is Flacco's playoff experience (nevermind he's got a 1:6 TD/INT ratio in the playoffs), and the fact that the Raiders beat us last week.

I've never in my life seen one game have such a huge impact in so many's thinking.

The Ravens aren't the Raiders. They aren't our prime rival. They aren't as physical, they don't rush the passer as well and they don't have a power run game like Oakland.

All you hear is Ray Rice and how great he is. Ray Rice was dogshit most of the year. You hear about him, and then they just glance over Jamaal Charles and keep talking about how the Ravens stop the run. The Ravens have faced 5 legit RBs this entire year (Turner, Hillis, Foster and Mendenhall and Tomlinson). They beat up on the Bengals, Dolphins, Broncos, Bills, Panthers (Mike Goodson ran for 120 against them with Brian St. Pierre at QB), Saints, and Bucs.

Their run D is massively overrated, and this love for Flacco is too. I hear Deion Sanders say how much he loves the Ravens secondary, and then the next sentence he says is "they only have Ed Reed". It can't be both ways. No mention of Bowe and his NFL leading touchdowns. None.

All Ravens. All the time. **** that.

Those going to the game tomorrow, make so much ****ing noise that you can't hear right for the next week.
Exercise all the demons that have plagued us for the last 17 years and finally end this drought.

Matt Hasselbeck just beat the NFL Champs in his house. Now it's our turn. Beat these god damn showboating Ravens. Punch Ray Lewis in the mouth immediately so he has flashbacks of Will Shields and Tony Richardson kicking his ass.

When he comes out doing his shimmy, boo the hell out of him. Not in our house. Not Sunday.

**** the Ravens, nevermore.
Rep'd. Great f'n post man! Im more inspired! F the Ravens up! NOT FOR ONE SECOND! NOT FOR ONE SECOND SHOULD ANYONE AT ARROWHEAD SUNDAY BE SITTING QUIETLY! EVERYONE STAND YOUR ASSES UP AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT WHILE OUR D IS ON THE FIELD! HELL, EVEN IF YOU ARE WATCHING ON TV! I KNOW I WILL BE!

GO CHIEFS!!!

KC Jones
01-09-2011, 09:04 AM
And there's a part of me that just isn't sold on the Chiefs yet. Not that I don't think they're a deserving playoff team. That's not what I mean. What I'm not sure about is how they're going to play in the playoffs. What's Cassel going to do, play like last week, or play like the weeks before? What's the line going to do? Is Charles at a higher risk for drops with more carries? Is he going to get more carries? What will Bowe do in a playoff game? What kind of KC defense is going to show up? Last week's, or the ones from the other 7 home games? How much pressure is Flacco going to be under? How is this team going to react to the first real pressure situation that almost 3/4 of them have ever faced at the pro level?

It's scary. And exciting.

What I don't think it is is a sure thing for Baltimore.

I'm with you. I can understand why the pundits think it's a sure thing for the Ravens though. They played a tough schedule and lost 4 games. 3 of those losses were to great teams (Falcons, Patriots, Steelers), and 1 to an under-performing division rival (Bengals). None of those losses was by more than 5 points.

We'll see what happens, but if we get down or our team hits a bad streak in the game I could see us folding. I just don't think this team has the confidence it will need to bounce back the way Seattle did yesterday. At least we showed no signs of that in the Chargers or Raiders games.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Haven't heard a peep about Hali all week. The guy leads the AFC in sacks and you never hear a damn thing about him. It's just ridiculous.

notorious
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Haven't heard a peep about Hali all week. The guy leads the AFC in sacks and you never hear a damn thing about him. It's just ridiculous.

They talk about him on ESPN radio. They don't suck him off like the other pass rushers, but he is mentioned.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM
They talk about him on ESPN radio. They don't suck him off like the other pass rushers, but he is mentioned.

That's good. I've watched quite a bit of ESPN and NFL network this week and you wouldn't know he existed.

notorious
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
That's good. I've watched quite a bit of ESPN and NFL network this week and you wouldn't know he existed.

All TV is strictly the "Major Media Market" Network.

Hali could have 20 sacks in the season and he might get a 1 minute segment. If he played for Dallas he would be a top 5 pass rusher of all time.

I can't blame them, though. The big cities are where the $$$$ and viewers are.

BigRedChief
01-09-2011, 09:37 AM

All Ravens. All the time. **** that.

Those going to the game tomorrow, make so much ****ing noise that you can't hear right for the next week.

**** the Ravens, nevermore.I'm sure Haley and the coaches are playing the "We get no respect" card and its a legitamate card. We have bounced back from getting our asses kicked all year. Why would this week be any different?

Easy 6
01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
At some point, the ravens are going to cheap shot Cassel & when they do i can only hope that someone uppercuts the offender right up under their facemask & cuts'em open.

To hell with the penalty, the message must be sent.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2011, 09:39 AM
All TV is strictly the "Major Media Market" Network.

Hali could have 20 sacks in the season and he might get a 1 minute segment. If he played for Dallas he would be a top 5 pass rusher of all time.

I can't blame them, though. The big cities are where the $$$$ and viewers are.

I understand. It's just frustrating to see a guy like Jarret Johnson get his cock gobbled up by these goons, while Hali is J.A.G. You'd think Mecca was the showrunner this week.

notorious
01-09-2011, 09:40 AM
At some point, the ravens are going to cheap shot Cassel & when they do i can only hope that someone uppercuts the offender right up under their facemask & cuts'em open.

To hell with the penalty, the message must be sent.

I hate to say it, but the game really does come down to how the refs control the game.

Besides, our guys are too diciplined (and soft) to deal out rogue justice.

TimeForWasp
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Is it Time for Smith to start grabbing balls again ?

milkman
01-09-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if the Chiefs are even showing up to play.

On NFL Network, they keep showing the Ravens players walking in, but nary a Chief.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2011, 10:14 AM

On NFL Network, they keep showing the Ravens players walking in, but nary a Chief.

Dey got Way Lewis, Tewwel Suggs, and Ed Weed. Chiefs got no chance.

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 10:39 AM

7-1 at home, and all they can talk about is the Raider game.

If the Raider game "exposed us" then that Buffalo Bills game exposed this Raven D.

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Michael Irvin "Chiefs don't have a passing game"

This is some of the more irresponsible bullshit I've ever watched on pregame shows.

They had the #1 TD pass receiving WR in the entire NFL, and this cokehead thinks we don't have a passing game?

rad
01-09-2011, 10:45 AM
7-1 at home, and all they can talk about is the Raider game.

If the Raider game "exposed us" then that Buffalo Bills game exposed this Raven D.

"Pfffffft, that was an anomaly, and soooo long ago."...../talkinghead.

Frosty
01-09-2011, 10:50 AM

FWIW, at least ESPN showed Charles and Bowe coming in and Cassel out on the field. Also, Carter is going to be interviewing Bowe and Haley in a few minutes.

OTOH, I have already had my fill of hearing about Ray Lewis. :doh!:

philfree
01-09-2011, 10:57 AM
The coverage is unbelievable. Flacco is going down hard!

By the end of the day it's gonna be more DJ and Berry then Ray Ray and Reed.

Go Chiefssss!

PhilFree:arrow:

milkman
01-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Michael Irvin "Chiefs don't have a passing game"

This is some of the more irresponsible bullshit I've ever watched on pregame shows.

They had the #1 TD pass receiving WR in the entire NFL, and this cokehead thinks we don't have a passing game?

Michael Irvin says that Cassel and Bowe have to recapture that early season magic they had.

:banghead: