PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Great episode of "Outside the Lines" this morning

cardken
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Great piece on Vick and his financial situation. Hard to believe with all his Bankruptcy and Financial judgments, what ever contract he gets next year, he will only get 1/3 of it after all and taxes, Yeesh!
And very touching piece on Jim Joyce the umpire who blew the Galaraga "perfect game" this season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5993137

Kidd Lex
01-09-2011, 10:16 AM
So what your saying is the tax payers & government win from Vick playing lights out and earning the impending sizable new contract?

I can dig it.

cardken
01-09-2011, 10:38 AM
So what your saying is the tax payers & government win from Vick playing lights out and earning the impending sizable new contract?

I can dig it.

Absolutely, not saying it wasn't unjustified, just thought, it was interesting, he will have to get a huge payday, to be at level with other NFL players.

chief52
01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
It was a great piece. I have more respect for Vick. He could have just gone bankrupt and liquidated it sounds like. But he is living on $300,000 a year and the rest is going to pay his debts. Renting an apartment instead of 8 houses. If he signs a big contract he should be able to eventually pay all his debts and be back in the black.

It wasn't just the conviction that broke him. He made TERRIBLE financial decisions. Had crooks running his business.

Joyce/Galaraga piece also well done. Like Joyce said, people say I handled it well...what about Galaraga? He is the one that handled things perfectly.