PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who won't be a Chief next year?

tyton75
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Just curious who you all thought would no longer be on the roster at the start of next season?

Shogun
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
B Richardson

MOhillbilly
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
john to white to play safety mcgraw.

booyaf2
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Charlie Weis

FringeNC
01-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Chris Chambers

MOhillbilly
01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Vrabel.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Casey Weigmann.

Frazod
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Ed Reed's brother.

Hammock Parties
Vrabel.

0 reason to keep this guy around.

Deberg_1990
Brodie Croyle

The Bad Guy
Ed Reed's brother.

Well this thread just took a turn.

Dante84
01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Ed Reed's brother.

Are you shore?

Dante84
01-10-2011, 01:48 PM
1 of our 2 fullbacks

tyton75
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Chambers has got to go. Feel the same about Croyle.

Vrabel needs to move to coaching; wouldn't mind him hanging around as a coach, but his playing days are over.

Is Shaun Smith a FA or do we have him locked up?

notorious
01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Chambers has got to go. Feel the same about Croyle.

Vrabel needs to move to coaching; wouldn't mind him hanging around as a coach, but his playing days are over.

Is Shaun Smith a FA or do we have him locked up?

We have to keep Croyle.

He gives our defense a big boost in confidence during practices.

Demonpenz
01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Donald Sutherland

Frazod
01-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Donald Sutherland

He's definitely lost his burst.

Rain Man
01-10-2011, 01:53 PM
me. my wife. my dad.

edit: oh, and chambers.
Posted via Mobile Device

tyton75
01-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Wonder if we could trade McCluster for picks?

Inspector
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Ed Reed's brother.

OK, that's not funny.

And I am disgusted with myself for laughing hard enough to draw attention from those around me.

LMAO

Inspector
01-10-2011, 01:58 PM
We have to keep Croyle.

He gives our defense a big boost in confidence during practices.

LMAO

Ebolapox
01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
hmmmm... brodie croyle, MAYBE thomas jones, chris chambers, brad cottam (maybe, but leaning toward this), mike cox, I could see a few offensive linemen gone, ron edwards, vrabel, jon mcgraw, and a few backup safeties to be named later.

salame
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
chambers is AWFUL

Shogun
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
KEEP MCGRAW!

MahiMike
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Don't anybody put their hand up!

ChiTown
01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
hmmmm... brodie croyle, MAYBE thomas jones, chris chambers, brad cottam (maybe, but leaning toward this), mike cox, I could see a few offensive linemen gone, ron edwards, vrabel, jon mcgraw, and a few backup safeties to be named later.

Thomas Jones all but folded in the 2nd half. No speed and lost his power. Seriously, I would have used Jackie Battle in those situations over Jones. I was actually hoping to see Battle get the ball on that 4th and short that we lost 5 yards on.

QuikSsurfer
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Vrabel, Chambers, Weigmann, Cox

Sofa King
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Ed Reed's brother.

LMAO

HemiEd
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Most of the obvious ones have been mentioned.
Croyle
Vrabel
Jones
Wiegman
Edwards
Cottam
Chambers

plus
Ocallaghan
Pope
Copper
Cox

ChiefGator
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM

I disagree on Ron Edwards... I don't see him leaving, unless we get two young nose tackles.

tyton75
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I forgot about Pope.. he is just awful

HemiEd
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I forgot about Pope.. he is just awful

But he is tall.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Mays, Williams, McGraw, Vrabel, Pope, Wiegs, NISWANGER, Chambers, Croyle, Copper

DBOSHO
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
hopefully thomas jones.

jrobbins 20
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
we need to get rid of chambers,vrabel,barry richardson,thomas jones we need to trade wallace gillberry. trade cassel,gillbery,thomas jones,vrabel,richardson,glen dorsey our 1st and 2nd round pick to the panthers for the number one overall pick and take a franchise quarterback even though luck wont be there ryan mallet will and i think he will be the best quarterback ever he is an actually good gb cassell couldnt even start in college why is he starting for the chiefs and he did exactly what i thought he would when we played a good defense 3 picks and less than 100 yards which hes played all right this year but were paying him 13 million a year for that kind of money ur supposed to be great

Halfcan
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
T Jack should be gone, Chambers, Mccluster, Richardson, Mcgraw, Vrable, Croyle, Pope, and the rest of our WR's not named Bowe.

Rasputin
01-10-2011, 02:31 PM
B Richardson

I hope he is a Chief. I wouldn't mind continueing to upgrade this position from the draft, however this was B Richardsons first year starting at that spot & I think he can learn from his mistakes. Along with most of the young guys on this team that can learn from there mistakes. It's the old vets that we don't need as much like Vrabel, Jones, & Chambers can go away.

I like guys that we draft and work with to become starters and future hope. B Richardson has a lot to learn yes. He made mistakes, but so did a whole bunch of other guys that are learning there position. He is young and has shown that he can do a good job at times. This offseason is a good time for the young guys to work on there game, watch film, studdy what they need to be doing.

Cassel is most likely going to be our QB next year (unfortunatly). I will root for him along with all the players we have to achieve greatness. That doesn't mean I'm going to like him for what he is at this point. Week in and week out players have to prove there worth to the team. It takes time, Cassel has had time in the league. I care about the Chiefs and winning a Super Bowl in my life time, that is all.

I look for potential in a guy, B Richardson still has that potential to be good to great RT. He has been apart of both our success and failures this season. I'd rather watch a young guy struggle and make mistakes with the potential to get better and learn from them mistakes, than an old vet past his prime getting bullied around or to slow to make the plays. This is what we had this year in both cases.

HemiEd
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
we need to get rid of chambers,vrabel,barry richardson,thomas jones we need to trade wallace gillberry. trade cassel,gillbery,thomas jones,vrabel,richardson,glen dorsey our 1st and 2nd round pick to the panthers for the number one overall pick and take a franchise quarterback even though luck wont be there ryan mallet will and i think he will be the best quarterback ever he is an actually good gb cassell couldnt even start in college why is he starting for the chiefs and he did exactly what i thought he would when we played a good defense 3 picks and less than 100 yards which hes played all right this year but were paying him 13 million a year for that kind of money ur supposed to be great

:LOL: Ok, it is starting to be funny. Nice job on the mult, who ever it might be.

T Jack should be gone, Chambers, Mccluster, Richardson, Mcgraw, Vrable, Croyle, Pope, and the rest of our WR's not named Bowe.

You actually think Tyson Jackson and McCluster are going to be gone? Richardson?

tyton75
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I think the Wanger could stay on the team.. but would prefer he back up at Guard and quit thinking he is a center

Halfcan
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Cassel has been proven to be a fraud.

1. He can't pick up the blitz to save his life. Brady, Manning and other top QB's line up and can almost pick exactly who is blitzing-then they change the play or just throw to the open receiver. Cassel is lost out there.

Yes you can say he did not have time-but when EVERY blitz works for two straight weeks-THAT is on the QB.

2. Matt getts happy feet when you rough him up a few times. His form was dreadful this week-throwing high, low all over the place.

3. Matt will put up descent stats-but when its crunch time-sucks!!

QB should be our top priority!

El Jefe
01-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Croyle, Chambers, Vrabel, Mcgraw

Ebolapox
01-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I disagree on Ron Edwards... I don't see him leaving, unless we get two young nose tackles.

keep in mind, ALL of this (mine included) is pure speculation. as such, we're just throwing shit against the wall (see also: 'whitlocking') and hoping it sticks.

edwards just gets overpowered at the point of attack WAY too much. we need a legit NT, and I'm ASSUMING in my speculation that we find one. he's expendable.

Frosty
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Hopefully Cox and Castille are both gone and the Chiefs pick up a FB that can actually run block consistently.

mcaj22
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Kevin Curtis
Demorrio Williams

chasedude
01-10-2011, 03:10 PM
It's been already posted but I think Vrabel is gone, too old and slow.

King_Chief_Fan
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
lol @ T-Jack even being mentioned.

Rrrrrrrrrrrright, says Dr. Evil.

runnercyclist
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Vrable will be on Crennel's staff next year...

Ebolapox
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Vrable will be on Crennel's staff next year...

and trent green will be OC next year.

YEAH, BOY!

yep, players who made MILLIONS of dollars playing (and can make tonnes more while announcing and spending plenty of time with their kids) WANT to spend 80+ hours a week coaching. makes plenty of sense to me, brah.

runnercyclist
01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
and trent green will be OC next year.

YEAH, BOY!

yep, players who made MILLIONS of dollars playing (and can make tonnes more while announcing and spending plenty of time with their kids) WANT to spend 80+ hours a week coaching. makes plenty of sense to me, brah.

tonnes, huh?

These guys don't need more money. We'll see.

The Franchise
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Jon McGraw
Mike Vrabel
Ron Edwards
Chris Chambers
Brian Waters
Kevin Curtis
Brodie Croyle

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Croyle
Vrabel
McGraw
Chambers
Pope
Jones - you can replace him the mid rounds of the draft
B Richardson - 50/50 on that one...

Draft?

1 BPA
2 BPA
3-5 OL
6 -7 dont really care...

Ebolapox
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
tonnes, huh?

These guys don't need more money. We'll see.

sorry, "English" english spelling.

Steron
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Vrabel
Chambers
McGraw
Pope
Jackson - A boy can dream but it ain't gonna happen. It needs to but it won't.

runnercyclist
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
sorry, "English" english spelling.

Nice!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Plankton. Cut his Thiggy wannabe ass.

notorious
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Plankton. Cut his Thigpen wannabe ass.

http://spongebob.nick.com/gsp/images/character_icons/plankton_main.jpg

ChiefGator
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
keep in mind, ALL of this (mine included) is pure speculation. as such, we're just throwing shit against the wall (see also: 'whitlocking') and hoping it sticks.

edwards just gets overpowered at the point of attack WAY too much. we need a legit NT, and I'm ASSUMING in my speculation that we find one. he's expendable.

Yeah.. I agree with the rest of your shit on your list though... :)

I would LIKE to see us cut Edwards because we have brought in someone better. Hell, about half the starters I'ld like to see that happen to.

Shogun
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
fuck you guys who say Mcgraw. He is our Token white guy. We are nothing without him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
http://spongebob.nick.com/gsp/images/character_icons/plankton_main.jpg

LMAO

CoMoChief
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Brodie Croyle
Mike Vrabel
Chris Chambers

bevischief
01-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Whoever called that game yesterday needs to leave Weis, Halley, the Easter Bunny...

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Ed Reed's brother.

:LOL:

Oh Wait !

Nevermind!

jjchieffan
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Cassel has been proven to be a fraud.

1. He can't pick up the blitz to save his life. Brady, Manning and other top QB's line up and can almost pick exactly who is blitzing-then they change the play or just throw to the open receiver. Cassel is lost out there.

Yes you can say he did not have time-but when EVERY blitz works for two straight weeks-THAT is on the QB.

2. Matt getts happy feet when you rough him up a few times. His form was dreadful this week-throwing high, low all over the place.

3. Matt will put up descent stats-but when its crunch time-sucks!!

QB should be our top priority!

Using that logic, the Colts better make QB their top priority. Last time I checked, Manning had a pretty poor year. Top notch QB's don't throw 11 picks w/ 4 pick sixes over the course of 4 games. He must just suck. The Colts need to cut this guy now and move on. Moron. All QB's have games and multiple games of fail from time to time. Your Cassel hate is ridiculous. He showed major improvement this year. Let's see how he does next season first.

TEX
01-10-2011, 05:30 PM
McGraw
Croyle
Vrabel
Chambers

Just off the top of my head.

Extra Point
01-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Using that logic, the Colts better make QB their top priority. Last time I checked, Manning had a pretty poor year. Top notch QB's don't throw 11 picks w/ 4 pick sixes over the course of 4 games. He must just suck. The Colts need to cut this guy now and move on. Moron. All QB's have games and multiple games of fail from time to time. Your Cassel hate is ridiculous. He showed major improvement this year. Let's see how he does next season first.

Gee. Wonder if they miss waiving Lilja?

I don't see 1/4 of this roster back next year. Better draft BPA, in the way of defense. Crennel better have his way with this. NT and ILB are priorities. Don't think that for we wouldn't have stopped that short pass without inside help, rushing and cover. Get the rush, and you get the cover.

Waters isn't going to be around in two or three years; his successor needs to be drafted.

The hardest job is the center. He is the captain of the line. This wouldn't be a bad element to have priority in the draft. Weigmann and Waters leaving in the same year, isn't out of the question.

Croyle has to go, as does Palko.

Busy, busy off-season.

jd1020
01-10-2011, 05:36 PM

Too much is being put into Peytons 11 INT run. The guy was basically the only weapon the Colts had on offense. He didn't have a running game like Cassel and he was still completing 70% of his passes. If Cassel knew wtf an audible was and was completing 70% of his passes then I would have no problem with him under center. As it stands Cassel is one of the least accurate passers in the NFL and reads a defense about as well as a blind person reading a book without braille.

ChiefGator
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Weigmann and Waters leaving in the same year, isn't out of the question.

Yep, and Vrabel and Chambers. Those four alone are going to make us a much younger team.

MoreLemonPledge
01-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Donald Washington.

Cheater5
01-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Niswanger. Buh-bye.
Waters? Hmmm. I dont think so- he will honorably be phased out by Asamoah.
Cottam is his-to-ry.
Vrabel will be on ESPN next season with his buddy Tedy Bruschi.
McGraw's name shall be stricken from the record.
Palko: Dead. Chambers: Dead. Neidermeir: Dead.
Mike Cox; say it fast it's funny. He's gone too.

Copper has proven his worth on ST, so he has a shot at staying.
V. Tucker? make that a double ??

Uncle_Ted
01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Waters may not be what he once was, but he's still one of our best (if not the best) O-Lineman.

Psyko Tek
01-10-2011, 08:41 PM

A 7th

Buehler445
01-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Donald Washington.

It took way too long for this sack of shit name to surface. He's GOTTA go.

Buehler445
01-11-2011, 01:28 AM
What about Corey Mays. He's not good at ILB and I haven't heard his name on special teams much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty
01-11-2011, 08:19 AM
V. Tucker? make that a double ??

I think Tucker stays, if only for special teams. He was pretty good there and showed flashes that he might develop into a decent WR.

milkman
01-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Did you learn nothing from your rumblings about Glen Dorsey?

Jackson will never live up to his #3 overall draft status, but he's developing and will be a solid 5 tech in this defense.

luv
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
For those who say Thomas Jones, why?

ChiTown
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
For those who say Thomas Jones, why?

He's old, slow, and doesn't hit the hole with authority like he used to. Dude's best attribute was his ability to get the tough yards outta nothing. Without that, he's absolutely worthless, IMO. A good guy, but we gotta move on, and find someone younger, faster and with a bit more power.

luv
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
He's old, slow, and doesn't hit the hole with authority like he used to. Dude's best attribute was his ability to get the tough yards outta nothing. Without that, he's absolutely worthless, IMO. A good guy, but we gotta move on, and find someone younger, faster and with a bit more power.

He can block. People are saying get rid of Cox. Any chance of moving him to FB? Saw a friend who mentioned this on facebook.

ChiTown
01-11-2011, 11:04 AM
He can block. People are saying get rid of Cox. Any chance of moving him to FB? Saw a friend who mentioned this on facebook.

Moving Jones to FB? Umm, I don't think so. Not big enough to do what you need at that position.

chiefqueen
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Isn't Tamba an UFA now, for some reason Pioli is taking his time locking him up.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Too much is being put into Peytons 11 INT run. The guy was basically the only weapon the Colts had on offense. He didn't have a running game like Cassel and he was still completing 70% of his passes. If Cassel knew wtf an audible was and was completing 70% of his passes then I would have no problem with him under center. As it stands Cassel is one of the least accurate passers in the NFL and reads a defense about as well as a blind person reading a book without braille.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM

I guess you missed all the interviews showing how hard Brady and Manning study defenses. They pick up blitzes 90% of the time. I hate manning by the way-but you just cant blitz him.

Cassell-maybe 10% of the time.

Take away Bowe and the running game and then blitz Cassel time after time-he will cough it up 4 times a game.

He is Not a top QB-never has been-never will be.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Did you learn nothing from your rumblings about Glen Dorsey?

Jackson will never live up to his #3 overall draft status, but he's developing and will be a solid 5 tech in this defense.

Jackson did shit this year-period. He will go down as the biggest bust of All time with the chiefs. Shaun Smith took his job and never gave it back. Saying T Jack is solid is like saying Simms was a Great dependable player. Any scrub can be a block eater. We need someone with a nasty attitude that can just blow up the middle-kinda like T jack did in college before he came up with the big boys and got pushed around.

Cut him!!

royr17
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I can honesty say the ones that I most definately dont wanna see as a Chief next year are Brodie Croyle, Chris Chambers, and Mike Vrabel. They Suck, send em packing Haley and Pioli.

Swanman
01-11-2011, 01:05 PM

I remember being pissed that we didn't take Arrelious Benn with that pick. I am still pissed.

royr17
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I remember being pissed that we didn't take Arrelious Benn with that pick. I am still pissed.

Yea its certainly looks as if that would've been the better route to go. I really dont like how McCluster is working out at WR. Guy is just really too small for the NFL.

ReynardMuldrake
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea its certainly looks as if that would've been the better route to go. I really dont like how McCluster is working out at WR. Guy is just really too small for the NFL.

They're not using him as a WR though. They're using him as a half-assed RB.

I still think the dude has potential, if they could only use him properly.

royr17
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
They're not using him as a WR though. They're using him as a half-assed RB.

I still think the dude has potential, if they could only use him properly.

They they need to start using him correctly, i mean the dude has talent, but all that talent means nothing if not used correctly.

Ebolapox
01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Jackson did shit this year-period. He will go down as the biggest bust of All time with the chiefs. Shaun Smith took his job and never gave it back. Saying T Jack is solid is like saying Simms was a Great dependable player. Any scrub can be a block eater. We need someone with a nasty attitude that can just blow up the middle-kinda like T jack did in college before he came up with the big boys and got pushed around.

Cut him!!

dude, step away from the keyboard. srsly, you must love sticking your foot in your mouth. aren't you glad the franchise followed your advice on dorsey? WORTHLESS, I TELLS YOU!

royr17
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
dude, step away from the keyboard. srsly, you must love sticking your foot in your mouth. aren't you glad the franchise followed your advice on dorsey? WORTHLESS, I TELLS YOU!

This year is a make or brake year for Tyson Jackson, if he dont get it together, he will be gone. Point blank. All I have to say is he better get his shit together cause he is sure looking like a bust right now.

milkman
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
This year is a make or brake year for Tyson Jackson, if he dont get it together, he will be gone. Point blank. All I have to say is he better get his shit together cause he is sure looking like a bust right now.

I swear to God, I read the same exact post last year.

Just replaced Glen Dorsey with, Tyson Jackson, lather, rinse, repeat.

Lonewolf Ed
01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
What about Succop? Should they sign a kicker to compete? He did miss 6 out of 26, including the one block, but even so, he was not exactly impressive this past season. His kickoffs were short far too often, as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't see this team ever cutting Mike Vrabel. I think he'll be here until he retires, which should have been 3 years ago.

As far as guys who should go:

Cox, Castille, O'Connell, Pope, Wiegmann, Niswanger, Washington, Price, Urban, Chambers, Mays, McGraw, and most of all, Vrabel.

milkman
01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't see this team ever cutting Mike Vrabel. I think he'll be here until he retires, which should have been 3 years ago.

As far as guys who should go:

Cox, Castille, O'Connell, Pope, Wiegmann, Niswanger, Washington, Price, Urban, Chambers, Mays, McGraw, and most of all, Vrabel.

Here I thought you were a Jake O'Connell fan.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Exactly-it was a very dumb pick that will NEVER pan out. Pioli only took him because of the rumors that New England wanted him.

"Hmmm wow if NE wants him-he must be good..."

Hell lets give him 25 million a sack!!!

Hard to be even a block eater sitting on the bench.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 03:28 PM
What about Succop? Should they sign a kicker to compete? He did miss 6 out of 26, including the one block, but even so, he was not exactly impressive this past season. His kickoffs were short far too often, as well.

Well when your coach is a dumbass that refusses to kick 30 yard field goals when it is a close game-that might hurt your confidence.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-11-2011, 03:28 PM

And Glen made. Let's hope we are so lucky with Tyson.

Halfcan
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Yes Dorsey played much better-but a #5 pick-you expect Pro bowl numbers. He at least played with a nasty attitude this year and didnt get pushed around as much as before.

T Jack
28 games 45 solo tackles 1 sack with a measily 2 yards lost.

0 big plays 0 Forced fumbles 0 big hits and rode the bench as a second stringer all year.

BUST!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Pioli-Lifer Squad.

kaplin42
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Chris Chambers

I'm amazed this dude made it through this season.

cmh6476
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM

I wonder if the weight programs and extra years of muscling up somehow helps linemen develop. It does seem there are a few lineman that are just solid from the start (see Suh in detroit), but a lot of linemen just seem to develop and grow into their roles in the nfl.

maybe :shrug:

Rausch
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Neither one of them will be all that productive without a legit NT on this defense.

kaplin42
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM

Wyndex
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Lokey, Niswanger, Cottam, Cox, Chambers, Washington, Price, Langford, Williams or Battle, Mays, Legget, Toribio, Williams and Smith are good possibilities

Wyndex
01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Isn't Tamba an UFA now, for some reason Pioli is taking his time locking him up.
i thought i read he was restricted because we can tag him if negotiations don't work out

Marcellus
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Why do people think Weigmann will be gone? We need an upgrade but unless we sign an experienced guy, even if we draft a center until he takes the job Weigmann will be here.

Did he sign a 1 year deal or am I missing something? Will he retire?

Dude wasn't our worst OL.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Why do people think Weigmann will be gone? We need an upgrade but unless we sign an experienced guy, even if we draft a center until he takes the job Weigmann will be here.

Did he sign a 1 year deal or am I missing something? Will he retire?

Dude wasn't our worst OL.

He signed a one year deal.

He is old.

And yes, he was by far, the Chiefs worst offensive line, especially in the running game. He got his shit pushed in by opposing defensive tackles when the Chiefs (rarely) attempted to run up the middle.

A good, not undersized, center will go a long way next year.

milkman
01-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Neither one of them will be all that productive without a legit NT on this defense.

Production from a 5 tech is subjective.

If the Chiefs get a NT to draw some attention away from Dorsey his sack numbers might increase a bit, but he's not a guy that's going to get a lot of sacks, regardless.

But he's been a beast against the run.