PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cool Chiefs tailgate story to share

kchero
01-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I figured this warranted it’s individual thread.

I was at the playoff game last Sunday with some of my family and friends and we were doing the tailgate thing and taking hits off of my nifty 8 man beer bong that we call “Warpaint” and one of my buds randomly asked a guy that walked by what his sign said that he was holding in his hand.

The sign stated, “I came all the way from Italy only to be here today to feel Arrowhead Magic…Go Chiefs” Nonetheless, we were amazed by this and continued to talk and visit with the guy. We offered him to take part within our tailgate and join us for some beer and tasty ribs that I was cooking up on the grill. He gladly accepted and we hanged out and had a great tailgate together.
We are now all friends on facebook and when he plans to come back to KC we will be sure to help him out getting around KC and tailgate together…hopefully to a Chiefs victory!

Here are some pics from out tailgate. On the first pic I am on the left and he is on the right. The next pic is him taking a hit off of our beer bong Warpaint.

bevischief
01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Which one is you?

Shogun
01-12-2011, 07:15 PM
That is awesome. Great story, thanks for sharing. Glad to see that good things came out of that day.

teedubya
01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
That warpaint bong is way cooler than that Warpaint magazine.

Ming the Merciless
01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Very nice. Way to be an ambassador for the Chiefs and USA.

Good show.

bevischief
01-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Luv met a group of Canadians for the MNF game...

DaFace
01-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Cool. That's one of the things I love about tailgating. With a few exceptions, you can drop by any given tailgate and be welcomed into the party.

bevischief
01-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Cool. That's one of the things I love about tailgating. With a few exceptions, you can drop by any given tailgate and be welcomed into the party.

Especially at Arrowhead.

Bearcat2005
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Mad props.

stevieray
01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
way cool... a couple of years ago.. two guys come up to me and tell me there is someone who wants to meet me...ends up being a guy in a wheelchair with his posse from Canada...five pics later and some football talk, they give me a cooler* with about 20 molsen beers..couldn't take it back with them...met a guy from austraila last sunday...then some maniac gave me playoff Bourbon...

chiefs fans rock...

*still have the cooler.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Did you have sex on a Murano?

Norman Einstein
01-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Wasn't there a story going around that someone wanted to stop all of the tailgating at Arrowhead??

Bearcat2005
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
way cool... a couple of years ago.. two guys come up to me and tell me there is someone who wants to meet me...ends up being a guy in a wheelchair with his posse from Canada...five pics later and some football talk, they give me a cooler* with about 20 molsen beers..couldn't take it back with them...met a guy from austraila last sunday...then some maniac gave me playoff Bourbon...

chiefs fans rock...

*still have the cooler.

I have noticed that with us, if I'm not tailgating, people will invite me over for a beer or whatever. If I am tailgating there are always people that stop by and have a beer with me. Thats one of the reasons I love the Chiefs, brings KC together. It is also nice to cheer along with my KU friends once in awhile :thumb:

Halfcan
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
That would be a great idea to eat and drink free all day. Just make a sign and pretend not to speak english.

DaFace
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Wasn't there a story going around that someone wanted to stop all of the tailgating at Arrowhead??

If I'm thinking of the thread you're talking about, it was an intentional gross exaggeration. If I recall correctly, the thread was about being told they couldn't have tents in the aisles.

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Did you have sex on a Murano?

Planet is slipping that should have been the first response.

kchero
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Which one is you?

The one on the left with the beard in the first pic is me.

kchero
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the props fellow planeteers. I thought it was pretty cool overall experience and after hanging out with the guy he is definately a hardcore fan. It is funny because I asked him what made him a Chiefs fan and he said it was because of the Madden video game from the very early 90's and because of that he fell in love with the Chiefs and DT. It was pretty awesome to exchange Chiefs stories and talk about DT (His favorite player of all time).

By the way if anyone ever sees me or should I say my beer bong they are more than welcome to partake in it ;)

LiveSteam
01-12-2011, 10:34 PM
very cool

The Poz
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
That's quite the trip. I thought I traveled far to be there. I must say though, I've been to a bunch of stadiums to see numerous teams and NOBODY compares to Chiefs fans, nobody! When my friend (Packers fan) and I walked around the parking lot with nothing but a bag full of beers we couldn't believe how many groups invited us over to join them. Awesome.

kchero
01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
That's quite the trip. I thought I traveled far to be there. I must say though, I've been to a bunch of stadiums to see numerous teams and NOBODY compares to Chiefs fans, nobody! When my friend (Packers fan) and I walked around the parking lot with nothing but a bag full of beers we couldn't believe how many groups invited us over to join them. Awesome.

Very true, Every fanbase has their idiots, but it seems for the most part Chiefs fans are pretty laidback and very welcoming.

TIED5573
01-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Well done, sir! Carry on.

kysirsoze
01-12-2011, 11:45 PM
I saw your tailgate! I remember because of that badass beer bong. That is serious alcoholic dedication.

KcMizzou
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Awesome.

:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I figured this warranted it’s individual thread.

I was at the playoff game last Sunday with some of my family and friends and we were doing the tailgate thing and taking hits off of my nifty 8 man beer bong that we call “Warpaint” and one of my buds randomly asked a guy that walked by what his sign said that he was holding in his hand.

The sign stated, “I came all the way from Italy only to be here today to feel Arrowhead Magic…Go Chiefs” Nonetheless, we were amazed by this and continued to talk and visit with the guy. We offered him to take part within our tailgate and join us for some beer and tasty ribs that I was cooking up on the grill. He gladly accepted and we hanged out and had a great tailgate together.
We are now all friends on facebook and when he plans to come back to KC we will be sure to help him out getting around KC and tailgate together…hopefully to a Chiefs victory!

Here are some pics from out tailgate. On the first pic I am on the left and he is on the right. The next pic is him taking a hit off of our beer bong Warpaint.

ROFL

I hope he came "all the way from Italy" but it wouldn't surprise me if he came all the way from North Kansas City.

LMAO

Good on you, Dude!

KcMizzou
01-13-2011, 12:03 AM
ROFL

I hope he came "all the way from Italy" but it wouldn't surprise me if he came all the way from North Kansas City.

LMAO

Good on you, Dude!You cynical bastard.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2011, 12:06 AM
You cynical bastard.

LMAO

I know, it's fucking terrible to think that, but it's the first thing that came into my head.

"Hey Bro's, let's fuck with some dudes today and pretend we're from a foreign country. That way, we can get free beer and food! Epic!!".

LMAO

Personally, I would have asked for ID or a Passport.

:D

Fritz88
01-13-2011, 12:09 AM
owowowowo

Fritz88
01-13-2011, 12:09 AM
LMAO

I know, it's ****ing terrible to think that, but it's the first thing that came into my head.

"Hey Bro's, let's **** with some dudes today and pretend we're from a foreign country. That way, we can get free beer and food! Epic!!".

LMAO

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Inspector
01-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Very cool, but doesn't the beer make it hard to light your bong?

DaFace
01-13-2011, 08:58 AM
LMAO

I know, it's fucking terrible to think that, but it's the first thing that came into my head.

"Hey Bro's, let's fuck with some dudes today and pretend we're from a foreign country. That way, we can get free beer and food! Epic!!".

LMAO

You don't need to pretend to be from a foreign country to get free food and booze at Arrowhead.
Posted via Mobile Device

mesmith31
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
This would actually make a pretty fun documentary film. Take a camera crew for every home game with a sign and just listen to the stories and drink beer. Don't know how watchable it would be, but it would be fun to shoot.

rageeumr
01-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd like to extend a thank you to the nice gentleman who gave me a beer at the gate on Sunday.

I had a freshly opened bottle (no, not smart, I know) that I dropped while fumbling for my ticket with gloves on. As I stood there being ridiculed while a guy swept it up, a guy gave me a Bud Light, which I promptly chugged to atone for my alcohol abuse.

With generosity such as this, there is hope for this country yet.

Kerberos
01-13-2011, 09:49 AM
ROFL

LMAO

Good on you, Dude!

LMAO

I know, it's ****ing terrible to think that, but it's the first thing that came into my head.

"Hey Bro's, let's **** with some dudes today and pretend we're from a foreign country. That way, we can get free beer and food! Epic!!".

LMAO

You don't need to pretend to be from a foreign country to get free food and booze at Arrowhead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not that KC doesn't have it's share of con artists.... but I have to agree with Dane on this one.

LA as we all know has MORE than it's share of Con Men and here in Vegas I wouldn't put it past anyone to make a con like this just to hang out for free food and beer.

KCUnited
01-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I felt a similar feeling of parking lot comradery as me and my dad walked past a group BLASTING Brotha Lynch Hung's Season of da Sicness and drowning a Ravens doll in a bucket of water. No joke.

The Poz
01-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Did this guy seem to have a legitimate Italian accent? If you were hanging out with him for a while and having drinks it would be hard to consistently pull that off for the entire time.
I came pretty damn close to flying down by myself for that game. Just figured I'd find some peeps like this Italian fella did to hang out with. Glad I didn't. Maybe next year.

CoMoChief
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
few years back I got really high and hot boxed it in my buddy's car, passed out and missed the game.

tickets were free, , it was a pre-season game, so I wasn't out any money and the game didn't really matter anyways.

Hydrae
01-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Did you direct him to get to the Planet and start posting? It would be cool to add another foreigner to this place

kchero
01-16-2011, 09:17 AM
I saw your tailgate! I remember because of that badass beer bong. That is serious alcoholic dedication.

Hahaha, thanks man. If you ever see me again feel free to hit me up for a hit off of that thing.

kchero
01-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Did this guy seem to have a legitimate Italian accent? If you were hanging out with him for a while and having drinks it would be hard to consistently pull that off for the entire time.
I came pretty damn close to flying down by myself for that game. Just figured I'd find some peeps like this Italian fella did to hang out with. Glad I didn't. Maybe next year.

Yea, you could tell that he was ESL (english as a second language) I've actually become friends with him on facebook now and everyone except for me is Italian on his page/friends. He does have Chiefs stuff all over his page though so he is a pretty hardcore fan (The fact he flew over here from Italy though is an obvious indicator of that).
None the less though, like everyone else has been saying it would be pretty funny to "pretend" your from somewhere else...you would get all the free food and booze you need.

boogblaster
01-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Kool as hell ......

kchero
01-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Did you direct him to get to the Planet and start posting? It would be cool to add another foreigner to this place

I was thinking about that...I just may send out the olive branch of CP.

Chief Pote
01-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Great....trading spit with a bunch of men on a beer bong. :Lin:

beach tribe
01-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Looks like he spelled CHEFS!! And then had to insert the "i".LMAO

Dave Lane
01-16-2011, 10:53 AM
That warpaint bong is way cooler than that Warpaint magazine.

So is watching paint dry.

Art Vader
01-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Great....trading spit with a bunch of men on a beer bong. :Lin:

Especially Italian spit! that's how that first monkey got AIDS!

Demonpenz
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
I remember hanging with guy ferreri at the royals game. Good dude, fatter in person though