PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who doesn't think the Chiefs win the afcw next year?

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
don't count me in as a doubter

Brock
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Tough schedule, doubt it.

chiefzilla1501
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
The Chiefs need to have a good offseason to compete for the division next year. It's really hard to answer that question without knowing what they're doing to improve.

jd1020
01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
If we looked at just this years teams vs next years schedules I think you have to go with SD. But... lets wait til the rosters are actually set to start predicting bullshit like this?

ModSocks
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
The Chargers schedule will look very "cup-cake" compared to the Chiefs.

We're going to have, I think :

Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
New England
NYJ
Miami
Pitt
Indy

Brutal.

DeezNutz
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Based on the current roster and look of the schedule on 1/13/11, I will say no.

Chargers.

A lot can change, though.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Chiefs:
Colts, Steelers

Chargers:
Jaguars, Ravens

Raiders:
Browns, Texans

Broncos:
Bengals, Titans

It's only two games, and in theory it would mean within the division the Broncos play a 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place team twice each to compensate. Raiders play a 1st place, 2nd place and 4th place twice each, Chargers play a 1st place, 3rd place and 4th place twice each, while we will play the 2nd place, 3rd place and 4th place team all twice each.

How come when everyone references this fact they conveniently leave out the fact that theoretically we are better than our division counterparts that we play 6 times next year.

:shrug:

DeezNutz
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
How come when everyone references this fact they conveniently leave out the fact that theoretically we are better than our division counterparts that we play 6 times next year.

What was our record in the division this year?

ModSocks
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Have you checked our division record lately?

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
i dont think they wont.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I just think all the other teams seem to have more issues than we do. I think it's clear we have some holes to fill, but I think we can find at least one, and maybe two draft picks that can come in and compete right away. Then we all should think that we might be able to find a player or maybe two via free agency that can also make us better. One or two key pieces will really make a difference in improving the Chiefs.

The Chargers just have issues each year, and now Rivera is gone and it seems their team may be regressing. The raiders and broncos are dealing with two new head coaches, and the Raiders seem to be having issues hanging onto to some of their better players now. And the broncos have the mess that Josh left. It's just starting to feel more and more that we are in the best position in the division to improve on '10.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Have you checked our division record lately?

yeah we split with everybody except we got beat twice by the Raiders who we seemed to be looking past and may end up being worse next year with everything that has since happenned to them. I think we see a different result had that game meant we did or didn't make the playoffs.

BigMeatballDave
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
8 or 9 wins. I think SD bounces back with 11 wins.

If Oak loses all those players, they will be lucky to win 4.

Denver 6-10

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Folks, I believe this was the year we begin to make our run and control this division for the next few years, like the Colts and Pats have recently had the keys to their division with the other teams not being able to take away those keys. Our time is now gentlemen.

jd1020
01-13-2011, 05:07 PM
yeah we split with everybody except we got beat twice by the Raiders who we seemed to be looking past and may end up being worse next year with everything that has since happenned to them. I think we see a different result had that game meant we did or didn't make the playoffs.

So.. if we split vs 2 teams and got swept by the other, who the **** does that make us better than?

WebGem
01-13-2011, 05:07 PM
The Chiefs will win the West again.

King_Chief_Fan
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I went with Raiders.........just for fun.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
So.. if we split vs 2 teams and got swept by the other, who the **** does that make us better than?

we're better than all of them, as we won 10 games and they didn't

jd1020
01-13-2011, 05:10 PM
we're better than all of them, as we won 10 games and they didn't

Your logic is completely flawed.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Your logic is completely flawed.

come on, who was the only team that swept the nfc west? PBJ

01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I think our schedule is just too damned tough next year. I'll say Chargers will win because the Broncos and Raiders will be rebuilding yet again. It should be a two horse race down to week 16 though between the Chargers and Chiefs.

jd1020
01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
come on, who was the only team that swept the nfc west? PBJ

Ya. It definitely makes sense that the Chiefs were better than X team because they beat Y team.

Extra Point
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Adjustments will be made.

Pioli's Law: If you don't put out, we will put it in.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM

We're going to have, I think :

Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
New England
NYJ
Miami
Pitt Balt
Indy Jax

Brutal.

there's your difference between us and SD, who the majority not picking the Chiefs seems to think will end up on top. Definitely no cupcake by any stretch

Halfcan
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
We are the Champs (of the AFCW) until someone knocks us off. So until then-we RULE!!

I voted Chiefs!!

ClevelandBronco
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
...in theory it would mean within the division the Broncos play a 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place team twice each to compensate. Raiders play a 1st place, 2nd place and 4th place twice each, Chargers play a 1st place, 3rd place and 4th place twice each, while we will play the 2nd place, 3rd place and 4th place team all twice each.

Because the Chiefs kinda sucked against the AFC West this season? :shrug:

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:22 PM
seems to be a 2-horse contest here, so for further review:

Chiefs:

Home:
Buffalo
Green bay
Miami
Minnesota
Pittsburgh

Away:
Chicago
Detroit
New England
New York Jets
Indianapolis

Chargers:

Home:
Miami
Buffalo
Baltimore
Green Bay
Minnesota

Away:
New England
New York Jets
Jacksonville
Chicago
Detroit

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
damn, didn't realize we play the exact teams home and away as SD. So we got Pit at home and Indy away, while they have Baltimore at home and Jacksonville away. Only difference.

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
I think 9-7 will win it next year, and if the final game of the year is Chiefs VS Chargers like it should be, it'll be a playoff game.

Our schedule is a monster, but the Chargers aren't going to get any better and they have the same fucking schedule. If we take two against them next year the West is ours.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
this

hard to call the division since we don't even know who the coaches are going to be in the division.

Raiders - ??
Denver - Fox and ???
San Diego - supposed to be changing staff as part of keeping Turner
Chiefs OC - ?? (imo if it's Haley or some lackey then it's a problem)

ProAngler
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
lolo no way we win!!!!!!! we barely won with pos schedule, now we have new coordinator and maybe pos denver guy????? no way!!!!!!!!!! we will get 6-7 wins next year.

MahiMike
01-13-2011, 05:53 PM
50/50. It's a 2 team race between us and the Chargers.

Silock
I could see us getting into a Seattle type situation next year, where we win the division with a losing record.

Sweet Daddy Hate
The pieces throughout the division aren't in place yet. It's WAY too early for this shit unless we're just having a Homer-Fest/Poll.

Whoever "wins" the Coaching hires gets an advantage point.

Whoever wins the draft gets the division.

Extra Point
01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh, I get it.

All the draftabulators get to have their input, seeing that statistically, it wasn't safe for them to freeze their butts off this past weekend.

Adapt, modify, or die.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh, and no Gaz option.

FAIL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh, I get it.

All the draftabulators get to have their input, seeing that statistically, it wasn't safe for them to freeze their butts off this past weekend.

Adapt, modify, or die.

Wut? Statistically, it was safe to assume we weren't leaving Arrowhead with a win. It wasn't safe to assume that we were going to get completely shellacked and exposed for the NFC West-conquering...uh....powerhouse(?)that we were.

Yeah.

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 06:16 PM
For all the jokes we get for being 4-0 against the NFCW, people seem to forget our division foes played them as well and DIDN'T go 4-0. That should say something.

So yeah, we didn't fair well in the division this year, but I'm positive Haley is going to make it a goal to build this team up to beat our rivals. If we can win four divisional games(including two against SD) then the division is ours.

DeezNutz
01-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Beyond the schedule, it's hard for me to think of the Chiefs as a prohibitive favorite, when one of our division rivals has a definitively better player at a pretty important position.

Next year is the type of season, on paper, where the Chiefs could be improved, overall, and still finish 8-8. This could continue to lay the foundation for much future success, however.

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Beyond the schedule, it's hard for me to think of the Chiefs as a prohibitive favorite, when one of our division rivals has a definitively better player at a pretty important position.

Next year is the type of season, on paper, where the Chiefs could be improved, overall, and still finish 8-8. This could continue to lay the foundation for much future success, however.

Rivers may cry himself off the team in the offseason if he's smart.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
For all the jokes we get for being 4-0 against the NFCW, people seem to forget our division foes played them as well and DIDN'T go 4-0. That should say something.

So yeah, we didn't fair well in the division this year, but I'm positive Haley is going to make it a goal to build this team up to beat our rivals. If we can win four divisional games(including two against SD) then the division is ours.

It needs to start being a priority, especially against Dungpile and Jokeland. Mailing it in against a division rival, I don't care if you're Super Bowl-bound, is un-fucking ACCEPTABLE.
Fuck your injury concerns and other assorted pusseries; BEAT those fuckers.

DeezNutz
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Rivers may cry himself off the team in the offseason if he's smart.

I was talking about Janikowski.

DeezNutz
01-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care if we were piss pounded in Oakland if we were going to a SB.

philfree
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
If we march the same exact roster onto the field next year as we finished with this year then we won't win the AFCW.

I doubt we do that so let's do this in about seven months.

PhilFree:arrow:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care if we were piss pounded in Oakland if we were going to a SB.

I care. I want them dead. I want their children dead! Their families dead! And their little dogs too!

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I care. I want them dead. I want their children dead! Their families dead! And their little dogs too!

I want them all sodomized by four hundred pound men!

DaFace
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm not usually one to criticize, but it's just WAY too early for a question like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM

This! :LOL:

vailpass
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Broncos return to form next year and win a weak West.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Broncos return to form next year and win a weak West.

I admire your fandom, Sir, misguided as it may be. :p

vailpass
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I admire your fandom, Sir, misguided as it may be. :p

LMAO If you can't be optimistic about your team in the offseason you should probably hang it up.

Bugeater
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
seems to be a 2-horse contest here, so for further review:

Chiefs:

Home:
Buffalo
Green bay
Miami
Minnesota
Pittsburgh

Away:
Chicago
Detroit
New England
New York Jets
Indianapolis

Chargers:

Home:
Miami
Buffalo
Baltimore
Green Bay
Minnesota

Away:
New England
New York Jets
Jacksonville
Chicago
Detroit
When the hell is Indy going to have to come to KC again? It seems like we go there every fucking year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
When the hell is Indy going to have to come to KC again? It seems like we go there every fucking year.

I hate that big ugly blueberry of a stadium.

chefsos
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it is too early to judge strength of schedule, and even at this point in time the relative power of KC's vs SD's 2011 opponents is basically a wash. I mean, who's to say, for example, what we saw from Indy this year isn't the beginning of a steep decline?

The Chiefs appear to be on the way up, generally. The young guys will get better, and (hopefully most of) the fuckups will get gone. Do they win 10+ games next year? I think not, but I also think they'll be right there in the hunt for this division.

Hydrae
01-13-2011, 07:26 PM
When the hell is Indy going to have to come to KC again? It seems like we go there every ****ing year.

Probably about the same time NE goes out west to sunny SD. That has been a while also.

And to the poll, too early to tell but until something changes we are the champs of the division and of course we will win it again!

Spott
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Probably about the same time NE goes out west to sunny SD. That has been a while also.

And to the poll, too early to tell but until something changes we are the champs of the division and of course we will win it again!

New England traveled to San Diego this season.

Hydrae
01-13-2011, 07:38 PM
New England traveled to San Diego this season.

:banghead:

First time in a while though, right? I haven't completely lost my mind?

**edit** Indeed, it appears I have lost my mind. The last 2 times NE has played SD it has been in California.

Then again, the Chiefs have only played 2 in Indy since the last time we played a regular season game against the Colts at Arrowhead so that streak isn't exactly huge either.

Lonewolf Ed
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
I chose the Raiders and not because I have turned to the dark side. I am counting on my jinx to remain in effect. Few are my peers when it comes to picking the wrong team to win. So, with that, I give all my support to the Raiders to take the division title this coming season. Jinx, do your stuff!

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Even as much as I hate Cassel, I still think this team will win the AFC West next year. We are getting a stacked team and our young guys are pretty damn good.

KurtCobain
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Even as much as I hate Cassel, I still think this team will win the AFC West next year. We are getting a stacked team and our young guys are pretty damn good.

You're a smart man.

BossChief
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
IMO we have a very good chance of winning the West next year IF:

We acquire a premier QB coach/OC (this much is a MUST)

then, half of the following have to happen as well.

Add another GOOD receiver that has consistent hands and can get separation with consistency.
Add a true NT that can take on the double (keeping blockers off DJ and Belcher) and push the pocket
Add a LOLB that can stop he run and give us a pass rush presence.
Add a Center AND Right Tackle that can both play at a high level.

We do those things and we have a real shot against almost anyone.

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 10:36 PM

Add another GOOD receiver that has consistent hands and can get separation with consistency.
Add a true NT that can take on the double (keeping blockers off DJ and Belcher) and push the pocket

i think we could probably also add re-signing our key free agents, or at least replacing them with comperable or better players

BossChief
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
i think we could probably also add re-signing our key free agents, or at least replacing them with comperable or better players

Smith, Gilberry, Hali and Carr are the only FAs that I see as priorities. The rest are depth that can be replaced, but I agree that handling our own guys should also be considered a big part of how much of a chance we will have to win the west next year.

SDChiefs
01-13-2011, 11:05 PM
I didn't read the thread but let me throw it out there that knowhomo voted for denver.

JoeyChuckles
01-13-2011, 11:10 PM

I don't agree with this philosophy. Don't we all play the same teams except for two?

AllThingsKC
01-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Put me down on the "Chiefs probably won't win the AFC West in 2011" list.

During the 2010 season, I remembered that even though we were in first place, we didn't have a winning record against winning teams. I was fine with that for this year.

I'll be going into the 2011 season knowing that while the Chiefs may have a better and more complete team than 2010, but they might actually have a worse record. I'm hoping for 8-8 or better next year.

Plus, as of right now, it's looking like Denver & San Diego could be improved next year as well (not sure about Oakland). Therefore, it will be harder (I presume) to win the AFC West. Chiefs may need to 11-5 or 12-4 to win the West and I'm not sure I see that happening.

Now, when the Chiefs DO win the West next year, someone feel free to pull this post out and rub in my face. Trust me, I will happily eat my words if we make the playoffs next year!

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 11:16 PM
I didn't read the thread but let me throw it out there that knowhomo voted for denver.

public poll ;)

cmh6476
01-13-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't agree with this philosophy. Don't we all play the same teams except for two?

check 2nd page of this thread

Brock
01-13-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm also not convinced this team won't regress. They're losing an offensive mind that had a hand in 3 super bowl wins, and replacing him with ?.

Stram fan
01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
I think SD is is going to have another down year. I went with the Chiefs.

JOhn
01-14-2011, 12:31 AM

Nope, was Vailpass

-King-
01-14-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm also not convinced this team won't regress. They're losing an offensive mind that had a hand in 3 super bowl wins, and replacing him with ?.

I think Weis' best asset here was fixing the QB, not playcalling. If Cassel has indeed been fixed, we should be better seeing as the playcalling last year was average at best.

BossChief
01-14-2011, 12:55 AM
I think Weis' best asset here was fixing the QB, not playcalling. If Cassel has indeed been fixed, we should be better seeing as the playcalling last year was average at best.

The playcalling had a huge part to do with helping Cassel cease in being shellshocked.

I dont believe for a second that Cassel has been "fixed" at this point. I believe he has a lot of development to go to be the player he looked like against lesser competition and to be able to do that against better teams. A LONG WAY.

Adding a guy that can do that should be the teams absolute highest priority at this time and I think Josh McDaniels would be a good fit because of Cassels history with him specifically.

I have HOPE that we will be able to bring him in (regardless of all the talk of the contrary) and that The Don knows how important it is to his ego to help Cassel take the next step and the move just makes sense.

Rasputin
01-14-2011, 01:42 AM
I just think all the other teams seem to have more issues than we do. I think it's clear we have some holes to fill, but I think we can find at least one, and maybe two draft picks that can come in and compete right away. Then we all should think that we might be able to find a player or maybe two via free agency that can also make us better. One or two key pieces will really make a difference in improving the Chiefs.

The Chargers just have issues each year, and now Rivera is gone and it seems their team may be regressing. The raiders and broncos are dealing with two new head coaches, and the Raiders seem to be having issues hanging onto to some of their better players now. And the broncos have the mess that Josh left. It's just starting to feel more and more that we are in the best position in the division to improve on '10.

This. I still question our QB. He can make some games of it, we shall see. I hope we draft a QBotf and set him up for success. I have hope for this team with our leadership at hand. Our defense has took major strides at gettin better & Eric Berry is a player that will be a force to be recon with.

I think we got a good chore of guys that we can build the future with and out with the old. Leaders like Vrabel, Chambers, & Jones can now be weeded out cuz the younger guys can now fill those roles. JMO. Right now all we can do is hope for a good offseason & pray that there is a season for 2011 & no bloody hold out.

vailpass
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM

Nope. I voted for Denver and I stand by it.

kcfanXIII
01-16-2011, 02:37 PM

Daily life for raider nation.

Over-Head
01-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Pretty much gotta say us in Oakland...althought truth be known I think a snowball stands a better chance in hell

tk13
01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
In terms of the division, we don't play the NFC West next year but neither does anyone else. The Chargers will probably be picked as the favorites... but it'll be just like this year. They still have Norv as coach and for some reason sleepwalk through a couple games they shouldn't a year... the Raiders appear to be ascending and will probably have a better schedule than us and SD but have decided to wreck the coaching staff, so who knows.

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Sandy Eggo will pretty much always be the favorite as long as they have Rivers, but the Norv factor can't be underestimated (as evidenced this year)

beach tribe
01-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I think the Chiefs will add many key pieces this off-season through FA, trades, and the draft. I believe we are going to a have a strangle hold on this division for a looong time.
I have A LOT of faith in Pioli, and in the fact that he will be VERY active this off-season.
We do have a tougher schedule, but believe another year under their belts, and new additions will push this team to another level. Berry is going to be the best safety in the league, and actually I think our secondary is going to be the best in the league. A true NT, another pass rusher, and LB depth is going to make our D vicious. VICIOUS I tell ya.

Extra Point
01-16-2011, 02:51 PM

I'll order another fat nose tackle, to go, please! To GO!