WebGem
01-13-2011, 11:48 PM
nice life

Bugeater
01-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Die.

suzzer99
01-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Fresno is the Olathe of CA. San Diego is the Leawood of CA.

Btw Chico is the Raytown of CA. We would also have accepted Modesto. Modesto.

RickObie
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
To damn cold at night though!

01-14-2011, 12:15 AM
What are you talking about. Olathe sucks.

Oh wait, I guess you are right San Diego IS the Olathe of California.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Dude, it was so fucking hot here today I had to turn on the A/C.

Brutal heat for January.

Bugeater
01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Dude, it was so fucking hot here today I had to turn on the A/C.

Brutal heat for January.
I heartily encourage you to cease your existence in the most pleasant manner possible.

googlegoogle
01-14-2011, 12:47 AM
So what wood stoves does everyone own?

FUC* BUC*

SDChiefs
01-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Ummm... im confused. What is this olathe you speak of.

SDChiefs
01-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Oh yeah, I needed ac in my car today too. But I did it to be cold like all my peeps back in kc. If you're suffering, im suffering.

Buck
01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
I went out to the beach today. It was fuckin beautiful.

Bugeater
01-14-2011, 01:04 AM
I went out to the beach today. It was fuckin beautiful.
Was that before or after you went to the unemployment office?

Thig Lyfe
01-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Was that before or after you went to the unemployment office?

http://i33.tinypic.com/2m83wr8.jpg

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 01:19 AM
I heartily encourage you to cease your existence in the most pleasant manner possible.

LMAO

You ARE the MVP!

BWillie
01-14-2011, 01:30 AM
What are you talking about. Olathe sucks.

Oh wait, I guess you are right San Diego IS the Olathe of California.

For a city of 100K+ it's one of the better smaller cities not only in the state, but the country.

KcMizzou
01-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Was that before or after you went to the unemployment office?Yeah, that was nasty.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Fair
<dl><dt>Feels Like:</dt><dd>67 °F</dd><dt>Barometer:</dt><dd style="position: relative;">30.15 in and rising</dd><dt>Humidity:</dt><dd>20 %</dd><dt>Visibility:</dt><dd>10 mi</dd><dt>Dewpoint:</dt><dd>24 °F</dd><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>ENE 10 mph</dd><dt>UV Index:</dt><dd>--</dd><dt> UV Description:</dt><dd>Low</dd><dt>Sunrise:</dt><dd>7:30 AM</dd><dt>Sunset:</dt><dd>5:41 PM</dd><dt>:evil:
</dt></dl>

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Does San Diego also have a great big shitty mall who's only highlights are Wetzels Pretzels and a Nazarene Church?

jAZ
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Weather San Diego is the Olathe of California

The furthest south that anyone is willing to live?

kysirsoze
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I went out to the beach today. It was ****in beautiful.

I golfed 9 holes and then had lunch at a sidewalk cafe. Just delightful.

KCrockaholic
01-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Does San Diego also have a great big shitty mall who's only highlights are Wetzels Pretzels and a Nazarene Church?

LMAO That mall is pathetic.

Bugeater
01-14-2011, 10:34 PM
We got up into the upper 20s today with no wind, it actually felt pretty damn nice. So save your weather smack for another day, like next Tuesday when we're supposed to be in the single digits again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2011, 10:37 PM
We got up into the upper 20s today with no wind, it actually felt pretty damn nice. So save your weather smack for another day, like next Tuesday when we're supposed to be in the single digits again.

Paaaar-tay!LMAO

WebGem
01-14-2011, 10:49 PM

Considering this is more than likely my last winter ever in this kind of shit weather, how many more days do you think until it's back to 40s+ regularly? This being the last month or two experiencing this shit feels great.

suzzer99
01-14-2011, 11:03 PM
LA was pretty amazing today as well. 75-80 and sunny really helps with the post holiday blues.

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Your state income tax: probably about 9%

Your local sales tax: 8.75%

Your business taxes: unbelievably high

Your unemployment: a hell of a lot higher than us

Your level of gang violence: high

Your state budget deficit: stupifyingly high (above $20B)

Your illegal alien population: overwhelming

Your state worker pension deficit which the taxpayers will eventually be on the hook for: horrifying (run! now before its too late! for the love of god, if you have any money at all run away!)

The likelihood that your taxes, which are already the highest in the nation, will skyrocket: dead-certain.

I'd rather live in the Olathe of Kansas, or the Olathe of freaking anywhere but California. Your state is an unlivable hellhole. Nice to briefly visit for vacations (Disneyland?), but you dont want to live there.

kcfan82
01-14-2011, 11:16 PM
I think the only positives about California anymore, are medicinal marijuana, the weather, and wine.

Bugeater
01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Considering this is more than likely my last winter ever in this kind of shit weather, how many more days do you think until it's back to 40s+ regularly? This being the last month or two experiencing this shit feels great.
Probably sometime in March, we won't see those kinds of temps until the snow is gone.

kysirsoze
01-14-2011, 11:18 PM

Your state worker pension deficit which the taxpayers will eventually be on the hook for: horrifying (run! now before its too late! for the love of god, if you have any money at all run away!)

The likelihood that your taxes, which are already the highest in the nation, will skyrocket: dead-certain.

I'd rather live in the Olathe of Kansas, or the Olathe of freaking anywhere but California. Your state is an unlivable hellhole. Nice to briefly visit for vacations (Disneyland?), but you dont want to live there.

Hataz gonna hate...

kysirsoze
01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
I think the only positives about California anymore, are medicinal marijuana, the weather, and wine.

What else do you want!?!

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:21 PM

What's your point?

kcfan82
01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
What else do you want!?!

A 3 bedroom house under $800,000.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:22 PM

Don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care and I just don't care.

And if you think the state of California is JUST about Disneyland, you're a fucking mental midget.

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Brilliant. Build the Great Mall where nobody can see it off 35 and then make sure you don't put up a sign letting the thousands of cars going by there's a Mall there. At least the old people can take their power walks without risking banging into people like they would at Oak Park.

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Hataz gonna hate...

haha, dude I dont hate, I pity.

Seriously, CA's credit rating is about to slip into the pit of junk-bond status. If you have any mobility you dont want to live there. There are sunny beaches and good weather on the east side too, hurricanes yeah, but nothing you cant handle.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:25 PM
haha, dude I dont hate, I pity.

Seriously, CA's credit rating is about to slip into the pit of junk-bond status. If you have any mobility you dont want to live there, There are sunny ceaches and good weather on the east side too, hurricanes yeah, but nothing you cant handle.

You're fucking retarded.

How many captains of industry, let alone people that earn in excess of seven figures, live in your state?

There are only a few million here in Cali.

:rolleyes:

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care and I just don't care.

And if you think the state of California is JUST about Disneyland, you're a ****ing mental midget.

Cool! I might have identified a broke welfare recipient who does not pay taxes!

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
You're ****ing retarded.

How many captains of industry, let alone people that earn in excess of seven figures, live in your state?

There are only a few million here in Cali.

:rolleyes:

You are in f***ing denial. A lot of people are born, live their entire lives, work, and retire in Cali all the while never realizing that they are getting screwed over the whole way through.

All things being equal, we pay a lot less than you for material possessions, a lot less for cool experiences and vacations, we waste less money on the pensions of useless lazy teachers and state union cubicle worker slugs, and live a better life than you poor Californians.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Cool! I might have identified a broke welfare recipient who does not pay taxes!

Excuse me, Fucko?

San Francisco and Los Angeles, much like Manhattan & Chicago, is where people come to kick fucking ass. Sure, there are welfare people in every state, which stands to reason there numbers are greater in a more populated state.

But there are very, very, VERY few people in cities outside of that I mentioned (with the exception of Miami) that come move to a city like those above, kick ass, take names and become a dominant player in the United States.

Taxes be damned.

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Willie Aames left Olathe for LA. He left behind broken dreams and a shattered life. Another soul crushed by Olathe.

kysirsoze
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Damn. Is a "weather smack" thread gonna go to DC?

HolyHandgernade
01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Last week, had friends up, went wine tasting at three wineries, they bought me a bottle of Zin just to say thanks. Went olive oil tasting in Old Town and then made our way to a great Thai place where they brought out a beer tower with "Chang" beer. That was a good day. Today, while walking outside in shorts, I actually perspired a bit.

Alnorth's been predicting the end of California for quite sometime, reminds me of that blurb in "About Last Night":

"So, read much Western Civilization?"

"Not particularly."

"Its collapsing, or hadn't you noticed?"

"I live in a pretty good neighborhood."

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:31 PM
You are in f***ing denial. A lot of people are born, live their entire lives, work, and retire in Cali all the while never realizing that they are getting screwed over the whole way through.

Why would I ever give a fuck about those people?

All things being equal, we pay a lot less than you for material possessions

Bull fucking shit. You're a fucking moron.

a lot less for cool experiences and vacations, we waste less money on the pensions of useless lazy teachers and state union cubicle worker slugs, and live a better life than you poor Californians.

LMAO

Yeah, sure you do. You're welcome to visit my home anytime. I'll show you around the neighborhood, take you to the beach, downtown LA, the ocean and maybe even Santa Monica, if you're lucky. If you're extra lucky, like my wife yesterday, you can see Eva Longoria take out her trash in high-heels and a cocktail dress.

Then, you can get into your sub-compact car and head over to the San Fernando Valley to stay in a Motel Six.

LMAO

Go fuck yourself, "Al".

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Excuse me, ****o?

San Francisco and Los Angeles, much like Manhattan & Chicago, is where people come to kick ****ing ass. Sure, there are welfare people in every state, which stands to reason there numbers are greater in a more populated state.

But there are very, very, VERY few people in cities outside of that I mentioned (with the exception of Miami) that come move to a city like those above, kick ass, take names and become a dominant player in the United States.

Taxes be damned.

I just have this image of a stubborn angry person with fat leeches all up and down their body sucking away at their blood, yelling that they have it better than me.

ROFL

When you are ready to beg for a bailout from the feds, we'll be ready.

kcfan82
01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Why Is California Broke?

Inquiring minds are asking "Why Is California Broke?" It's a good question. Please consider ...

•California has the 3rd highest state income tax in the nation: 9.55% tax bracket at $47,055 and 10.55% at $1,000,000 - Tax Foundation 2010 State Business Tax Climate Table 2
•California has the highest state sales tax rate in the nation by far at 8.25%. Indiana is next highest at 7%. Table 15
•California corporate income tax rate is 17th worst in the nation with a rate of 8.84%. - However, of the non graduated states, only Pennsylvania at 9.99%, Rhode Island at 9.0%, and the District of Columbia at 9.98% are higher. One size fits all (and a very high one at that) is exceptionally hard on small businesses. Table 8 and Table 2

•California ranks 13th best in property taxes. However proposition 13 causes massive distortions for new buyers. Table 2

•California has the fourth highest capital gains tax 9.55%. - Capital Gains Tax Rates By State
•California has the highest gasoline tax as of January 2010, averaging 65 cents/gallon. The national average is 47.4% - API Motor Fuel Taxes
•California has one of the highest state vehicle license car taxes, 1.15% per year on value of vehicle, up from 0.65% in 2008. [expired link]

So where's the money going?

•1 in 5 in LA County receiving public aid, nearly 2.2 million people as of February 2009. 20% in Los Angeles County receive public aid
•California has 12% of the nation’s population, but 36% of the country’s TANF (“Temporary” Assistance for Needy Families) welfare recipients – more than the next 8 states combined. Unlike other states, this “temporary” assistance becomes much more permanent in CA. July, 2009 California has more recipients in key welfare category than next eight states combined.
•California prison guards highest paid in the nation. The maximum pay of California's prison guards is nearly 40 percent higher than that of the highest-paid guards in 10 other states and the federal government, according to a study by the California Department of Personnel Administration. Cal-Taxletter
•California teachers easily the highest paid in the nation. National Education Association
•California now has the lowest bond ratings of any state, two steps above junk. The new rating affects about $72 billion of general obligation and lease-supported bonds. July 15 California bond rating cut again
•California ranks 44th worst in “2008 lawsuit climate.” Institute For Legal Reform
•California, a destitute state, still gives away college education at fire sale prices. California community college tuition is by far the lowest in the nation. Nationwide, the average community college tuition is 4.5 times higher than California CC’s. This ridiculously low tuition devalues education to students – resulting in a 30+% drop rate for class completion. Moreover, 2/3 of California CC students pay no tuition at all – filling out a simple unverified “hardship” form that exempts them from any tuition payment, or receiving grants and tax credits for their full tuition. [Expired Link]
•California offers thousands of absolutely free adult continuing education classes. In San Diego, over 1,400 classes for everything from baking pastries to ballroom dancing are offered totally at taxpayer expense. San Diego Continuing Education
•California residential electricity costs 13.81 cents per kilowatthour. The national average is 6.99-8.49. US Department of Energy
•It costs 38% more to build solar panels in California than in Tennessee – which is why European corporations have invested $2.3 billion in two Tennessee manufacturing plants to build solar panels for our state. March 5, 2009 More Solar Companies Producing Elsewhere to Sell to California

kysirsoze
Then, you can get into your sub-compact car and head over to the San Fernando Valley to stay in a Motel Six.

I live in the valley.

:sulk:

DeezNutz
Excuse me, ****o?

San Francisco and Los Angeles, much like Manhattan & Chicago, is where people come to kick ****ing ass. Sure, there are welfare people in every state, which stands to reason there numbers are greater in a more populated state.

Taxes be damned.

Interesting list of cities.

I wouldn't think that SF would make the list. The others? Absolutely. But I bet that a southern city could replace SF. Oil money in Dallas or Austin, perhaps? It's dominating and kicking ass on a different type of level, but the grip might perhaps be even tighter.

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
California has Captains of Industry. Olathe has a Kohls.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I just have this image of a stubborn angry person with fat leeches all up and down their body sucking away at their blood, yelling that they have it better than me.

ROFL

When you are ready to beg for a bailout from the feds, we'll be ready.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Wow, you really are an uninformed fucking retard. Do you and Shitsprayer share the same mother/sister?

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Interesting list of cities.

I wouldn't think that SF would make the list. The others? Absolutely. But I bet that a southern city could replace SF. Oil money in Dallas or Austin, perhaps? It's dominating and kicking ass on a different type of level, but the grip might perhaps be even tighter.

San Fran is the techie capital of the world, whether it's Google or Ebay or any number of companies. The real estate got so out of control up there during the boom that houses as far as Stockton, which is 90 minutes away without traffic, were going for $500k or more for a dump.

San Fran is a trend-setter and the most expensive place to live per square foot in America.

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Go **** yourself, "Al".

At least I dont live in a state that is so f**king stupid, that they just voted for a high speed train, that no one really needs or plans to use, that will cost you over 40 Billion god damn dollars. Your pension deficit is over a quarter trillion in the red, and it will absolutely require amazing tax increases.

You live in a pathetic failed state where the politicians are all morons, the voters are idiots, and you are all the poster children of "what not to do". Good luck with that.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:38 PM
At least I dont live in a state that is so f**king stupid, that they just voted for a high speed train, that no one really needs or plans to use, that will cost you over 40 Billion god damn dollars. Your pension deficit is over a quarter trillion in the red, and it will absolutely require amazing tax increases.

You live in a pathetic failed state where the politicians are all morons, the voters are idiots, and you are all the poster children of "what not to do". Good luck with that.

And I wish you good luck with being an angry cunt.

It seems that's working out well for you.

DeezNutz
01-14-2011, 11:39 PM
San Fran is the techie capital of the world, whether it's Google or Ebay or any number of companies. The real estate got so out of control up there during the boom that houses as far as Stockton, which is 90 minutes away without traffic, were going for $500k or more for a dump.

San Fran is a trend-setter and the most expensive place to live per square foot in America.

Yeah, I agree with that. Incredibly expensive and Silicone Valley was outside of my scope because I was thinking of the city proper. But good point.

But this raises an interesting question: what dominates more, oil or tech? Can't live without either...

Real estate cost shouldn't really factor in here, since I'm thinking simply about where the most "dominant" or "important" (in this case) people reside.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. Incredibly expensive and Silicone Valley was outside of my scope because I was thinking of the city proper. But good point.

But this raises an interesting question: what dominates more, oil or tech? Can't live without either...

Real estate cost shouldn't really factor in here, since I'm thinking simply about where the most "dominant" or "important" (in this case) people reside.

IMO, tech.

I don't think oil will be around much longer. If the lobbyist didn't control Washington, it would have been gone by the mid-90's, if not sooner.

Tech is where it's at, at least IMO. It's never going away, whereas oil will. Hopefully soon.

kcfan82
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM

The problem here is, how many of you are techies.....? I could see how it would certainly benefit me from living out there. :)

Not to mention, if I was going that way I'd probably be up in Washington.

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:45 PM
And I wish you good luck with being an angry ****.

It seems that's working out well for you.

well yeah, I understand that you are defensive and angry about some outsiders calling out your incredibly dumb voters and politicians, but you guys are destined to beg the rest of us for money soon. This thread was started with the intention of smugly teasing KC about our weather anyway, so if you get some blowback from that, then that is just too damned bad, deal with it.

California is a failed state. You will, once again, start sending IOU's to state workers and vendors this year, you'll annoy us with national news stories about how CA is broke again, and this time you will have run out of one-time fixes and budget gimmicks, the republicans in your state wont allow tax increases, and youll run out of options.

The cost of a bailout will be painful, the rest of the country is in no mood to easily pay for your state's gross irresponsibility.

Your state is our Greece.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:45 PM
The problem here is, how many of you are techies.....? I could see how it would certainly benefit me from living out there. :)

Not to mention, if I was going that way I'd probably be up in Washington.

Seattle (or Redmond=MS) is dead end. It's great if you want that on your resume but most likely, you could do that remotely. They pay like the entertainment industry, which is low because "everyone" wants to work for them.

Austin was booming at one time but that's died down quite a bit. San Fran is still the place to be if you want to scale the mountain and be the king.

DeezNutz
01-14-2011, 11:46 PM
IMO, tech.

I don't think oil will be around much longer. If the lobbyist didn't control Washington, it would have been gone by the mid-90's, if not sooner.

Tech is where it's at, at least IMO. It's never going away, whereas oil will. Hopefully soon.

The one thing that I know for sure is that you worthless fucks should be thankful that Tommy Lee Jones saved your worthless fucking asses back in '97 (the year Volcano was released). And he was born in Texas and worked on an oil rig.

Thus...oil and TLJ > California.

kcfan82
01-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Seattle (or Redmond=MS) is dead end. It's great if you want that on your resume but most likely, you could do that remotely. They pay like the entertainment industry, which is low because "everyone" wants to work for them.

Austin was booming at one time but that's died down quite a bit. San Fran is still the place to be if you want to scale the mountain and be the king.

SF was nice the last two times I was there....

The best drive I have ever made was San Fran to San Diego on PCH..... With a nice stop at Monterey Bay(which I would love to retire to).

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:48 PM
well yeah, I understand that you are defensive and angry about some outsiders calling out your incredible dumb voters and politicians, but you guys are destined to beg the rest of us for money soon. This thread was started with the intention of smugly teasing KC about our weather anyway, so if you get some blowback from that, then that is just too damned bad, deal with it.

California is a failed state. You will, once again, start sending IOU's to state workers and vendors this year, you'll annoy us with national news stories about how CA is broke again, and this time you will have run out of one-time fixes and budget gimmicks, the republicans in your state wont allow tax increases, and youll run out of options.

The cost of a bailout will be painful, the rest of the country is in no mood to easily pay for your state's gross irresponsibility.

LMAO

ME? I'll start sending IOU's?

Uh, no.

Go fuck yourself. Your ass should be banned, not only for ruining a good thread, but for acting like a fucking colostomy bag 24-7.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2011, 11:49 PM
The one thing that I know for sure is that you worthless fucks should be thankful that Tommy Lee Jones saved your worthless fucking asses back in '97 (the year Volcano was released). And he was born in Texas and worked on an oil rig.

Thus...oil and TLJ > California.

Hey man, let's not forget Billy Bob and Bruce Willis.

Without them, that asteroid would have taken us OUT!

alnorth
01-14-2011, 11:52 PM
I'll start sending IOU's?

I apologize, I incorrectly assumed you were informed about what was happening in your state. I was mistaken, you appear to be blissfully unaware of the fact that your state is a pathetic basket-case on the verge of collapse.

You know what, this is pointless, I'm not going to bother with someone who is this damned ignorant. Pick up a few local newspapers (preferrably something talking about Governor Brown's doom and gloom budget proposals) and educate yourself about the horrible mess your state is in. I'm irritated because I know, even if you dont, that your state is probably going to steal money out of my pocket soon, due to stupid choices that you fools have made.

suzzer99
01-14-2011, 11:59 PM
well yeah, I understand that you are defensive and angry about some outsiders calling out your incredibly dumb voters and politicians, but you guys are destined to beg the rest of us for money soon. This thread was started with the intention of smugly teasing KC about our weather anyway, so if you get some blowback from that, then that is just too damned bad, deal with it.

Lol it's worse than that. It's not up to the republicans (although the CA legislature is pretty much corrupt and worthless on both sides). Everything gets put to a referendum here, so voters pretty much approve every perk imaginable and vote down any possible way to pay for it. But all that broke stuff is overblown. Threatening to shut the state down is just the only way the governor can get the senate to do anything.

California makes and spends so much money it's obscene. The Fed is printing enough money to drive inflation through the roof, which will raise CA's property taxes back to sustainable levels before too long. Then the legislature will start overspending again, and repeat the cycle.

Your state is our Greece.

Lol if you think you guys won't be bailing us out if needed. If you think AIG could have brought to the world to it's knees, try the 5th largest economy in the world defaulting on its debts and descending into chaos. Although there is a legit fear that the Fed simply won't be able to bail out CA, if it comes to that. Welcome to Mad Max country if that happens. And give up on that pipe dream that you're going to be able to hold off battle-tested, armed-to-the-teeth street gangs with a few guns, dried goods and some gold that Glenn Beck sold you. (Although obviously I'd much rather take my chances in Olathe than LA when society breaks down.)

But I rent, live a block from the beach, and can always move if the shit hits the fan. So why should I worry about any of this again?

suzzer99
01-14-2011, 11:59 PM
The best drive I have ever made was San Fran to San Diego on PCH..... With a nice stop at Monterey Bay(which I would love to retire to).

That is an amazing drive if you have the time.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2011, 12:06 AM
But I rent, live a block from the beach, and can always move if the shit hits the fan. So why should I worry about any of this again?

Because Al North is a pretentious, overbearing, douchefuck from Iowa that likes to spread "Doom & Gloom" to people.

Kiss my fucking tanned ass, Al.

suzzer99
01-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Dude, you're not exuding the chill CA lifestyle. We aren't supposed to get worked up like that, we just switch over to passive-aggressive mode.

alnorth
01-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm about to go to bed, so I want to make myself clear:

my rage in this thread is directed at, and only at, the powers that be in california. Everyone else was just collateral damage.

I am sure that DaneMcCloud, Buck, and all the rest here are proud Californians who are also cool guys who probably love puppies, probably cook an awesome steak, know how to party, have a great sense of humor, groom themselves properly, have a good sense of style, are humanitarians, donate a lot of money to charity, would not hesitate to dive into a dangerous rushing river to save the life of a homeless person (or even me), would be great to hang out with, etc. If they ranted about how Iowa or Kansas sucked, justified or not, I'd be pissed too, so I totally understand the hostile reaction. I have no hard feelings for anyone here, no matter what I said, or what they may say in response to me ; ) peace.

(but yeah, your state sucks and I dont want to live in California, sorry)

suzzer99
01-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I have trouble grooming myself properly.

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2011, 12:13 AM

Translation: too many blacks and Mexicans.

alnorth
01-15-2011, 12:16 AM
You know what, this is pointless, I'm not going to bother with someone who is this damned ignorant.

This was a crappy response, and I apologize for it. (not a sarcastic apology, but a real one this time, sorry, that was just mean-spirited and nasty, I'm tired)

alnorth
01-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Translation: too many blacks and Mexicans.

most of the most brutal and horrifying gang violence is from latino gangs and illegal aliens these days, so "black" has nothing to do with it. I wont apologize for being annoyed by illegal aliens.

alnorth
01-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Damn, I just re-read this whole thread. I sucked here and probably deserve to be neg-repped in several posts.

Not that I said anything that was factually incorrect (I think) necessarily, but the way I wrote stuff, there was a lot of uncalled-for hatred and blatantly intentional provoking on my part to encourage others to get into a dumb pointless flame-war with me. A lot of dumb posting style that annoys me when I see others do it.

googlegoogle
01-15-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm about to go to bed, so I want to make myself clear:

my rage in this thread is directed at, and only at, the powers that be in california. Everyone else was just collateral damage.

I am sure that DaneMcCloud, Buck, and all the rest here are proud Californians who are also cool guys who probably love puppies, probably cook an awesome steak, know how to party, know how to film a gay porno,have a great sense of humor, groom themselves properly, have a good sense of style, are humanitarians, donate a lot of money to charity, would not hesitate to dive into a dangerous rushing river to save the life of a homeless person (or even me), would be great to hang out with, etc. If they ranted about how Iowa or Kansas sucked, justified or not, I'd be pissed too, so I totally understand the hostile reaction. I have no hard feelings for anyone here, no matter what I said, or what they may say in response to me ; ) peace.

(but yeah, your state sucks and I dont want to live in California, sorry)

LMAO

Superbowltrashcan
01-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Look. Olathe is a great place if you have kids in need of good schooling. And a desire to sit in the pew of a conservative church. Otherwise it a lot of former farmland disguised now behind bull**** trumped up subdivision monikers full of houses 20% less than in Blue Valley. Been to So Cal and No Cal (both states) and the reality is they are both awesome places to visit.,,,,

MIAdragon
01-15-2011, 06:42 AM
To damn cold at night though!

Yup that there is frigid

beach tribe
01-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Summer is brutal, but nothing beats Winter in SoFlo.

Edit: Summer is brutal for most. I love it. Come to the beach if you want to find me. Just follow the almost nekkid girls. You'll get there.

loochy
01-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Riverside is the Independence of California.

suzzer99
01-15-2011, 10:17 AM
As someone who grew up in Independence, I can confirm this.

Bowser
01-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Are you saying the citizens of San Diego can't drive worth a shit, either?

Pants
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
26 degrees here in Overland Park, but I'm sure it's 70 and sunny as always next door in Olathe. I miss that place.

suzzer99
01-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Holy crap it could not be more gorgeous in Redondo Beach if you had a weather machine and could dial in the exact settings you wanted. Just got back from a jog. Now I'm airing out the house, doing some spring cleaning.

Yes, CA has a lot of issues. But vvv THIS vvv is why we put up with them. That and the women.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5272/img04474609872.jpg