PDA

View Full Version : Football Do the Seahawks have a chance?

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2011, 12:09 AM
What do you think?

They seem strangely confident and loose lately, today they had the 12 year old dribbling machine at their team meeting.

Go Hawks
Go Packers

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ip5UMKN5q2o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ip5UMKN5q2o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

grandllama
01-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Where you been hiding Joe?

Or maybe I've been hiding, don't know.

Would love for your team to get redemption for the ass rape you got against PIT but, I'd love to see Tony get his ring more...

So this weekend I'd love to see you beat da Bears only to lose to the Falcons next week.

KcMizzou
01-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Kanye : Power

01-14-2011, 12:14 AM
There is always a chance but if I were a betting man, I would bet against the Seahawks this week.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Luck to 'em, enjoy your weekend Joe!

Thig Lyfe
01-14-2011, 01:01 AM
The Bears suck. I would not be at all surprised if the Seahawks pulled it off.

KcMizzou
01-14-2011, 01:03 AM
The Bears suck. I would not be at all surprised if the Seahawks pulled it off.True.

Hootie
01-14-2011, 01:16 AM
I think they have a chance...but I've followed (because I have to) the Bears and they have really figured it out since they had a slump in the middle of the season (Seattle was part of their big slump)...Martz stopped trying ridiculous 7 step drops with Cutler behind that atrocious line and figured out punting isn't such a bad thing when you have the Bears defense...Forte has established himself as a good back which has opened up play-action, deep passes to Knox, and crossing routes to Hester and Olsen...they are arguably the best team in a wide open NFC...

I could see Seattle winning a close game if they get a few bounces...or I could see the Bears destroying them...

It depends on whether or not Hasselbeck has a good game...I know the Hawks ran on the Bears ok the first time around but they won't be running on them Sunday...the Hawks will need to score at least 24 and they'll need Hasselbeck to have an efficient game and they'll need to win the turnover battle.

I'd give them a 15-20% chance of pulling the upset...

If I were to rate the games on my confidence 1-4...I'd say 4 NE is gonna win, 3 Bears, 2 Packers and 1 Ravens...2 and 1 are REALLY tough games to predict...I'm pretty confident the Bears and Patriots will win though.

but nothing against the Hawks...that playoff win was epic, that Lynch run was AMAZING, and all things considered...good season, up and down as a fan I'd assume, but Carrol really seems like a quality coach and a good guy.

Rasputin
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Where you been hiding Joe?

Or maybe I've been hiding, don't know.

Would love for your team to get redemption for the ass rape you got against PIT but, I'd love to see Tony get his ring more...

So this weekend I'd love to see you beat da Bears only to lose to the Falcons next week.

Exacto mendo, yepper skipper, right on right on. What he said.

Go Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that good luck.

Over-Head
01-14-2011, 04:18 AM
They have as good a chance as anyone else

Phobia
01-14-2011, 04:55 AM
I think the Bears are beatable but the Seahawks have really only looked good last week to the best of my recollection. It's going to be tough for them to duplicate that kind of intensity on the road. I'd probably take the Bears -5 but the Seahawks do have a chance if they bring that "A" game.

Fritz88
01-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Bears are doable.
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN
01-14-2011, 06:34 AM
I hope they win it all Joe just because of all the shit you have endured over the years and because you stuck with the Sea Hawks...

Good Luck

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm hoping the Seahawks continue to win just to show that a playoff doesn't solve everything and doesn't mean the best team always wins.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm hoping the Seahawks continue to win just to show that a playoff doesn't solve everything and doesn't mean the best team always wins.

Spoken like a true fan of the Chiefs... ;)

Nzoner
01-14-2011, 06:41 AM
The Seahawks have the earlier win this season @ da Bears so that will add to their confidence but imo will not be enough even with last week's win to go in and do it again.

In the last meeting they held Forte to 11 yards rushing and 40 receiving and personally I don't see that happening twice.Just one fan's brief opinion and if it makes you feel better a fan who thought Seattle would cover last week's line but in no way win outright.

Lono
01-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Not sure they win, but I think they will cover the +10.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2011, 09:20 AM
It's all about turnovers... can SEA not turn the ball over or limit it to 1 or 2 and will Cutler be a phenom or a turnover machine? Defenses will play a huge role.

DBOSHO
01-14-2011, 10:39 AM
If cutler has his frequent 3 pick game, yeah they could pull it out.

Brock
01-14-2011, 10:39 AM
They could beat the Bears, sure.

Hootie
01-14-2011, 10:56 AM

spoken like a true dumbass college football fan

MahiMike
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Just like last week, I thought they could do it given enough turnovers. Hasselbeck surprised me though and may have blown his wad in that game. For some reason I still think their backup QB is better.

For this week, it's the best matchup for them. I still give Cutler 50/50 chance of imploding and throwing 4 picks.

Jack
01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I've always pulled for the 'Hawks, being my second favorite team (Chiefs will never be replaced).

Living 100 km south of Seattle gives me all their games. The support for the team is phenomenal. I think this helped the team immensely against N'Orleans.

If the can maintain their intensity, it will impress a lot of folks who have written them off. A 7-9 team in the SB is unimaginable but very doable.

If Hasslebeck can keep from throwing picks, I think the 'Hawks win this one.

eazyb81
01-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe.

The Bears are the 2nd worst team left in the playoffs, behind only Seattle.

All you need is a classic Cutler collapse.

Not sure why you want the Packers to win though. They would push Seattle's sh#t in.

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
spoken like a true dumbass college football fan

Shouldn't you be busy sucking off Peyton Manning? I hear he doesn't have any plans this Saturday or Sunday.

Frazod
01-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Yeah, let's just appoint your favorite team as the champion every year. Wouldn't that be awesome. :rolleyes:

Every time I think you couldn't possibly be more of an annoying douche, you go and post again.

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah, let's just appoint your favorite team as the champion every year. Wouldn't that be awesome. :rolleyes:

Every time I think you couldn't possibly be more of an annoying douche, you go and post again.

So you think a 7-9 team winning the Super Bowl (or even getting a shot) when 10-6 teams don't even make the playoffs is the result of a system that works? ROFL

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Maybe.

The Bears are the 2nd worst team left in the playoffs, behind only Seattle.

All you need is a classic Cutler collapse.

Not sure why you want the Packers to win though. They would push Seattle's sh#t in.

I would rather host the Packers than travel to atlanta.

I agree we need cutler and Martz to revert to stupidness (not a huge stretch IMO) We need to stop the run and force Cutler to make mistakes.

I'm actually less optimistic about this game than the saints game, but what the heck, the Hawks are playing with house money..

Hydrae
01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Any given Sunday but I would not hold my breath that the Hawks can pull it out. My brother is an old Hawk fan (since he was old enough to know what sports were while living in the Portland area) so I have a little soft spot for them but I think this is the last week of the season for them.

milkman
01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
So you think a 7-9 team winning the Super Bowl (or even getting a shot) when 10-6 teams don't even make the playoffs is the result of a system that works? ROFL

There is no perfect system, but at least with a playoff, teams that have earned the chance to play for a championship get that chance.

Crowning a champion based on, to some extent, a popularity contest is a joke.

The old Bowl system was better than this BCS bullshit.

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 11:32 AM
There is no perfect system, but at least with a playoff, teams that have earned the chance to play for a championship get that chance.

Crowning a champion based on, to some extent, a popularity contest is a joke.

The old Bowl system was better than this BCS bullshit.

Auburn & Oregon earned their chance to play for the championship.

Frazod
01-14-2011, 11:33 AM

You're right, of course. Let's have sportswriters and stadium owners determine who wins! That's the ticket!

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
You're right, of course. Let's have sportswriters and stadium owners determine who wins! That's the ticket!

Oregon winning the Pac-10 going undefeated & Auburn winning the SEC going undefeated determined who went to the game and Auburn playing Oregon determined who won, not writers or owners.

milkman
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Auburn & Oregon earned their chance to play for the championship.

As did TCU......

Bowser
01-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Hell, I didn't think they had a chance against the Saints......

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
As did TCU......

TCU didn't go to the championship because of the conference they're in similar to the Bucs and Giants not going to the playoffs because of the division they're in.

If TCU went undefeated in the SEC they'd be in the BCS Championship game just as if the Bucs/Giants were in the NFC West they'd be in the playoffs.

Start Croyle
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
I would say the Seahawks have a chance! Seattle is the worst team still alive, but Chicago is the second worst!

It will be an upset, but still possible for them to win!

Frazod
01-14-2011, 11:39 AM
As did TCU......

Don't go confusing BCS Boy with facts.

Bowser
01-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Who gives a shit about a 7-9 team in the playoffs? It's an ANOMOLY this year. If it were an issue every year, then my opinion may be different.

And bottom line - if you don't want to lose to a 7-9 team in the playoffs, then DON'T lose to a 7-9 team in the playoffs.

Frazod
01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
And FTR, no, I don't think a team with a losing record deserves a playoff berth. I think the NFL should set its playoffs up like the NBA and NHL, with seeds and HFA based on records.

But anybody who advocates a non-playoff system FOR ANYTHING is a fucking moron.

milkman
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
TCU didn't go to the championship because of the conference they're in similar to the Bucs and Giants not going to the playoffs because of the division they're in.

If TCU went undefeated in the SEC they'd be in the BCS Championship game just as if the Bucs/Giants were in the NFC West they'd be in the playoffs.

I'm sorry, but your comparison of the Giants and Bucs situation is a fucking joke.

TCU did everything they had to do in order to earn the chance to get a shot at a championship,but were kept out because people didn't feel they did enough, given their schedule.

Halfcan
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
The Bears suck. I would not be at all surprised if the Seahawks pulled it off.

Yep would love to see the bears lose as well!!

Rain Man
01-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Since I did this last week, I'll continue the mojo this week.

I think the Seahawks will win. The talent they've got on the team is quite high - Dave Krieg, Jeff Bryant, Largent, Edwin Bailey...no way they lose with that group.

Brock
01-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I look for the Boz to step up bigtime

lazepoo
01-14-2011, 12:38 PM
I'd like to see the Seahawks win, and I think that they could. Definitely depends on Hasselbeck, though. Whitehurst is turrible at this point.

I wouldn't mind either way, though. Watching all the Viking fans cry in their cheese curds as the Bears and Packers play for a SB berth would be great.

DeezNutz
01-14-2011, 12:42 PM
As did TCU......

Exactly. This is indefensible.

While the NFL playoff system is not perfect, it's tremendously better than the BCS farce. Those who do not agree should use their Macs to rate and subsequently rank this post to determine if it qualifies for a response, which will be inferior and inaccurate, assuming it's a counter-argument.

alpha_omega
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Sure...and i will be rooting for them.

keg in kc
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Equating TCU to a team that couldn't get into a, you know, tournament as a wild card is silly. Since they actually won their conference, and there isn't any kind of tournament for them to get into.

The college system needs to be more than it is.

As far as Seattle goes, they have a great chance. The Cutler can giveth, and the Cutler can taketh away.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes. The Bears are terrible. I would never bet on that game, though.

suzzer99
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Any team playing against Cutler has a chance. The last 3 "playoff" games he had were the end of the 2008 season, when he threw like 5 INTs to 2 TDs or something and really crapped the bed vs. Buffalo at home. I was pretty sad to see him leave the division.

That said he could have a great game. But I wouldn't want to be counting on it.

Hootie
01-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Yes. The Bears are terrible. I would never bet on that game, though.

Wow.

Spoken like a guy who doesn't watch many NFL games.

The Bears are far, far, far from terrible...

A bit inconsistent? Sure.

But when they are on they are as good as anybody.

JD10367
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
The Bears are overrated. Cutler has the capacity to play like a superstar but he also has the capacity to suck like a Hoover. The Seahawks already beat Chicago once this season at Soldier Field so it's not like Seattle is running scared; shit, they just beat the defending Super Bowl champions. I would be a lot less surprised by a Seattle victory this week than I was with their victory last week. Besides, I expect Green Bay to beat Atlanta, and I think it would be hilarious for the 9-9 Seahawks to host the NFCCG. LMAO

tk13
01-14-2011, 09:40 PM
The Bears are the hardest team for me to peg. They could be the 1st round bye team that always flames out... or they could be the team everyone always underestimates when Cutler and Martz go nuts, Peppers dominates and they go to the Super Bowl from a conference where anybody could win. The pieces are there for them to do playoff damage. If you asked me "1st game loss or Super Bowl" I'd just say "Yes."

Hootie
01-14-2011, 09:43 PM
The Bears aren't overrated...as obvious by the people in this thread.

They can be inconsistent...but they can also be a top tier team.

They lost to Seattle at their very worst...trust me. They had no identity at that time...Martz was trying his dumbass 7 step drops and Cutler was just getting raped...at one point I thought they wouldn't win another game when they had 4 wins...

but they stopped doing it and starting running the ball...started having Cutler make 3 step drops, roll out, play-action...and they run a deadly crossing route that is pretty unstoppable with Hester and Olsen...and Knox going deep.

This team could very easily win a Super Bowl...

and they could very easily lose to Seattle (I agree) but like I said...I don't see there being more than a 15-20% chance of that happening.

Hasselbeck needs to play an all-time game for it to happen...they won't be running the ball against the Bears in that atmosphere.

Hootie
01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
and yes JD, I agree...9-9 hosting a game for the NFC Championship would be golden...no doubt.

Green Bay and Atlanta and Baltimore/Pitt are two of the closest matched games I can remember...those are total toss-ups.

Rams Fan
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
and yes JD, I agree...9-9 hosting a game for the NFC Championship would be golden...no doubt.

Green Bay and Atlanta and Baltimore/Pitt are two of the closest matched games I can remember...those are total toss-ups.

What teams are you betting on this week, TMD?

Hootie
01-14-2011, 09:54 PM
What teams are you betting on this week, TMD?

I am not doing any straight bets...

Teasers only...these games are WAY too close...

Thinking about:

Ravens +9.5 Packers +8.5 Pats -2.5

and

Bears -4 Pats -2.5

If I HAD to take straight bets...I'd have to bet the Packers money line and the Ravens money line because I think one has to win, and if one wins, you're up a unit since they are both underdogs.

I could easily see both winning, too...and if someone put a gun to my head and had me pick those games I'd take the Packers and Ravens.

JD10367
01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
I think the Seahawks have a better chance than the Jets do.

For straight-out wins, I think, in order of ease, it's going to be:

Pats over Jets (10-13 points)
Packers over Falcons (7-10 points)
Seahawks over Bears (3-7 points)
Steelers over Ravens (1-3 points)

Hootie
01-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Props if you get that right...

Seems kind of out there...

Stryker
01-14-2011, 11:59 PM
To be honest, this game is the one I care about least. However, yes - I do believe the Seahawks have a chance. I hope they win. A Packer/Seahawk NFC Championship game would be cool!

Good luck! Go Hawks!
:toast::toast::toast::toast:

JD10367
01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Well, the Packers are 10 minutes away from holding up their end of the bargain.

Come on, Seahawks! Bring the NFC Championship Game to the northwest! LMAO

jd1020
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Any team playing against Cutler has a chance.

Rams Fan
01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Well, the Packers are 10 minutes away from holding up their end of the bargain.

Come on, Seahawks! Bring the NFC Championship Game to the northwest! LMAO

"In a stunning upset, the Seahawks have defeated the Packers to become the first team with a record under .500 in the regular season to make the Superbowl. The Sehawks will face the ____________ in the Superbowl."

JD10367
01-15-2011, 10:07 PM
"In a stunning upset, the Seahawks have defeated the Packers to become the first team with a record under .500 in the regular season to make the Superbowl. The Sehawks will face the ____________ in the Superbowl."

Fine by me. If the Patriots make it, I'd prefer Seattle because they'd be a hell of a lot easier than Green Bay. If the Patriots don't make it, I'd prefer Seattls on the slim hope of an upset just so I could laugh all offseason at the Steelers or Jets. LMAO

WebGem
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
This thread is sort of stupid, of course they have a chance. Anyone who thinks the Bears have a 100% chance of winning, or hell even 85%, is just wrong. I'm not saying it's 50/50, but Seattle most definitely has a chance to win the game. That's why the games are played.

Rams Fan
01-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Fine by me. If the Patriots make it, I'd prefer Seattle because they'd be a hell of a lot easier than Green Bay. If the Patriots don't make it, I'd prefer Seattls on the slim hope of an upset just so I could laugh all offseason at the Steelers or Jets. LMAO

What would Ryan say against the Seahawks? "This time it's personal. Pete Carroll sent this franchise into the crapper in the mid-90's."

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Doesn't really matter who wins, cuz the Packers will straight murder them.

Crush
01-15-2011, 10:28 PM
The Packers look fucking scary and continue to stuff moldy cheese down the throats of their victims.

01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I think it would be hilarious to have the worst record in the playoffs hosting the NFC championship game.

Frazod
01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I hope the Bears take care of business tomorrow. I'd love a chance to go to another NFC Championship Game. :rockon:

milkman
01-15-2011, 11:00 PM
This thread is sort of stupid, of course they have a chance. Anyone who thinks the Bears have a 100% chance of winning, or hell even 85%, is just wrong. I'm not saying it's 50/50, but Seattle most definitely has a chance to win the game. That's why the games are played.

I really think this post needs a Jim Carrey pic.