PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL CountDown league News....

DTLB58
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Adam and Mort reported:
More than likely Raiders to name Hue Jackson Head Coach this week AND then Hue could very well name Al Saunders his Offensive Coordinator. Said Saunders has been one of Al's favorite for a long time.

Hmmm, I just don't see it especially after the next report.

Al Davis was deducting $ from Tom Cable's checks this year until the amount of $120,000 was taken out for bad conduct or Acts that Al ddidn't approve of. WTF? Lol, Who would want to work for this nut case?

SAUTO
01-16-2011, 11:02 AM
So they fined him for the punching incident?
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
So they fined him for the punching incident?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hell, he got a bonus for that.

philfree
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Adam and Mort reported:
More than likely Raiders to name Hue Jackson Head Coach this week AND then Hue could very well name Al Saunders his Offensive Coordinator. Said Saunders has been one of Al's favorite for a long time.

Hmmm, I just don't see it especially after the next report.

Al Davis was deducting $ from Tom Cable's checks this year until the amount of $120,000 was taken out for bad conduct or Acts that Al ddidn't approve of. WTF? Lol, Who would want to work for this nut case?

The HC is getting fined for conduct detrimental to the team. LOL

PhilFree:arrow:

BossChief
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
With the talk of us looking for a oc with a passing game background that would be acceptant of the hc calling plays, I can't understand why Al Saunders name hasn't come up.

I would love to have him back and having us shift presnap about every play like the good old days...I think that could be very advantageous to us with our personal and the way the defenses handle the shifts could help Cassel with his presnap reads tremendously.

I really don't want to see that from Oakland.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Because Saunders runs a different system.

milkman
01-16-2011, 11:26 AM
With the talk of us looking for a oc with a passing game background that would be acceptant of the hc calling plays, I can't understand why Al Saunders name hasn't come up.

I would love to have him back and having us shift presnap about every play like the good old days...I think that could be very advantageous to us with our personal and the way the defenses handle the shifts could help Cassel with his presnap reads tremendously.

You really think Al Saunders would want to work for a HC that looks over his shoulder as much as Haley would?

Not to mention the fact that Saunders and Haley offensive philosophies don't match?

Rain Man
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
saunders' system won't work if the crazy owner makes him draft sprinters and throw long every play.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM
You really think Al Saunders would want to work for a HC that looks over his shoulder as much as Haley would?

Not to mention the fact that Saunders and Haley offensive philosophies don't match?I guess I was just thinking that this group of players would do well in the coryell system is all.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I guess I was just thinking that this group of players would do well in the coryell system is all.

That would require ripping out the old offense and installing a new one. No way do I want Cassel going through that again.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM

I just wonder why he can't keep a job if he's so awesome.

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
That would make sense why Jackson would hire Saunders. Saunders was a consultant for the Ravens when Jackson was in Baltimore in 2009.

dannybcaitlyn
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't believe saunders let his QB's call audibles. Which was a negative.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Haley is still young and wants it his way and rode Weis out of town. Haley knows Saunders would be Weis all over again. Haley wants credit thus he still has to have his hand in the "offensive cookie jar" to take credit. If he brings in Saunders he can't do this. If he hires this Siranni dude he takes all the credit and maintains control.

Babb's article said that Vermeil admitted "immaturity" when he 'had' to call all the plays in Philly and would not concede any control offensively to anyone.

Bottom line: Haley is talented but still immature/insecure(ala drove Weis off to the point of Weis f'ing Haley's playoffs with the timing of announcement)

Lesson still to be learned by Haley is this: Respect your elders 'who have won 3 SBs and sit back and still learn so that you "CAN" be that complete HC you want to be as opposed to letting the "Josh McDaniel" side of you dominate!

How ironic uh:shrug:

Gracie Dean
01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Al Davis better watch out, he will run out of idiots wanting to be the Raiders Coach pretty soon

milkman
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Haley is still young and wants it his way and rode Weis out of town. Haley knows Saunders would be Weis all over again. Haley wants credit thus he still has to have his hand in the "offensive cookie jar" to take credit. If he brings in Saunders he can't do this. If he hires this Siranni dude he takes all the credit and maintains control.

Babb's article said that Vermeil admitted "immaturity" when he 'had' to call all the plays in Philly and would not concede any control offensively to anyone.

Bottom line: Haley is talented but still immature/insecure(ala drove Weis off to the point of Weis f'ing Haley's playoffs with the timing of announcement)

Lesson still to be learned by Haley is this: Respect your elders 'who have won 3 SBs and sit back and still learn so that you "CAN" be that complete HC you want to be as opposed to letting the "Josh McDaniel" side of you dominate!

How ironic uh:shrug:

Your entire BS post is mere speculation.

You're a quack.

Your user name should be changed to Lucy Van Pelt.

philfree
01-16-2011, 01:42 PM

Not to mention the fact that Saunders and Haley offensive philosophies don't match?

IMO this is a very big deal.

Going back to last year Haley said one of the reasons he wanted CW was to install the whole original version of this offense. (Earhardt/Perkins?) Haley said that other teams ran parts of it and variations of it but nobody runs the original offense. He has a vision and just because CW is gone doesn't mean he's going to change it. He's looking for someone with experince in this offense end of story. IMO Humble as it is.

beach tribe
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM

I think this is a great Idea. Saunders could do wonders for Cassel IMO. The scheme would fit Cassel's skills very well I do believe. Man, I wish this would happen. Saunders and some improvements on the O-line could make this offense very effective.

beach tribe
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
IMO this is a very big deal.

Going back to last year Haley said one of the reasons he wanted CW was to install the whole original version of this offense. (Earhardt/Perkins?) Haley said that other teams ran parts of it and variations of it but nobody runs the original offense. He has a vision and just because CW is gone doesn't mean he's going to change it. He's looking for someone with experince in this offense end of story. IMO Humble as it is.

The schemes actually are not as different as you may think, but probably different enough to be keep it from working between he and Haley.
I would have no problem with Saunders being hired, given autonomy, and installing his offense, but I admit, it would never happen.

keg in kc
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Your entire BS post is mere speculation.

You're a quack.

Your user name should be changed to Lucy Van Pelt.I always thought he was trying to say he swam a lot in very cold water.

beach tribe
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I always thought he was trying to say he swam a lot in very cold water.

LOL

splatbass
01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't believe saunders let his QB's call audibles. Which was a negative.

But I think having the #1 offense in the NFL made up for it...;)

|Zach|
01-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I always thought he was trying to say he swam a lot in very cold water.

:D

WebGem
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Wow, it's like I totally forgot Cable got fired. I hadn't even thought about who the Raiders new HC would be yet. Not that I'm too worried about it though, once Al dies I'll maybe start worrying then.

jd1020
01-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow, it's like I totally forgot Cable got fired. I hadn't even thought about who the Raiders new HC would be yet. Not that I'm too worried about it though, once Al dies I'll maybe start worrying then.

Al doesnt die!