PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports San Antonio Spurs best record in BB so far

Gracie Dean
01-16-2011, 01:12 PM
will they keep it? Is this a magical season for them, or just a fluke?

Ever since the Bulls powerhouse ended, I have been following the Spurs. I like their team structure, I like that they are a team with good players who see each other equally. I would like to see them win the Championship one more time before Duncan retires. This may be that year.

pr_capone
01-16-2011, 01:14 PM
If I want to fall asleep, I watch Spurs BB. They are the single most boring team to watch in the NBA.

kstater
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235822
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235822&highlight=spurs)

'Hamas' Jenkins
You know, we have a thread about basketball with hundreds of posts already in it. The minutiae of your every thought process does not warrant a new thread.

RealSNR
01-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Manu Ginobili is the gayest player in the NBA since Wally Szcerbiak

DBOSHO
01-16-2011, 01:16 PM
I thought the spurs were done after last year.

Bane
01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
No fluke or magic.It's just the way it is for now.:D

Gracie Dean
01-16-2011, 01:18 PM
You know, we have a thread about basketball with hundreds of posts already in it. The minutiae of your every thought process does not warrant a new thread.

but your poop threads or your favorite tit threads et all ...they are okay?

Gracie Dean
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235822
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235822&highlight=spurs)

having the best record in BB so far, deserved its own thread o:-)

kstater
01-16-2011, 01:20 PM

No, it didn't.

Extra Point
01-16-2011, 01:22 PM

Don't take that in the negative way it's indicated.

"...Green grass and high tides forever."

"Stand for the things you know are right..."

Any other disjoint lyric lines, relative to this thread comment, out there?

Bugeater
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Don't take that in the negative way it's indicated.

"...Green grass and high tides forever."

"Stand for the things you know are right..."

Any other disjoint lyric lines, relative to this thread comment, out there?
"I tripped on a cloud and fell 8 miles high, I tore my mind on a jagged sky"

Demonpenz
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Spurs are good. Bankshot Bankshot bankshot good defense, another win

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
but your poop threads or your favorite tit threads et all ...they are okay?

If I made a favorite tit thread, you might have a point. For the purposes of efficiency, and for the benefit of everyone on the board, I choose not to start a thread whenever my stools are clay like as opposed to watery.

But let's just say I decided to post about my favorite tits, knowing that I am on a thread that is devoted to tits of some type (remember, you're on a board about sports, is a BB thread really that much of a stretch?). Perhaps I just might look for an extremely large thread about tits.

kstater
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
If I made a favorite tit thread, you might have a point. For the purposes of efficiency, and for the benefit of everyone on the board, I choose not to start a thread whenever my stools are clay like as opposed to watery.

But let's just say I decided to post about my favorite tits, knowing that I am on a thread that is devoted to tits of some type (remember, you're on a board about sports, is a BB thread really that much of a stretch?). Perhaps I just might look for an extremely large thread about tits.

Careful now, you might have some of your old threads bumped.

MIAdragon
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Yawn.....

Extra Point
01-16-2011, 01:52 PM
"I tripped on a cloud and fell 8 miles high, I tore my mind on a jagged sky"

"But you don't get me. You don't get me........"

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 01:58 PM
If I want to fall asleep, I watch Spurs BB. They are the single most boring team to watch in the NBA.

Are u kidding me? Spurs are one of the best run pro sports organizations is all of sports. They draft well and use the free agent market wisely. This years team might be one of their deepest ever. They don't even have to rely on Duncan all that much anymore. Ill take boring and winning anyday over wild and losing.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
01-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Are u kidding me? Spurs are one of the best run pro sports organizations is all of sports. They draft well and use the free agent market wisely. This years team might be one of their deepest ever. They don't even have to rely on Duncan all that much anymore. Ill take boring and winning anyday over wild and losing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure... they are run well and field a very good team.

That said.

Competitive grass growing is more fun to watch than most Spurs games.

-King-
01-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

No, they're the most boring team to watch in professional sports.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Steelers of Basektball IMO.

RealSNR
01-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Steelers of Basektball IMO.The Steelers have won championships before the Clinton presidency.

Also, the Lakers have been far more successful both recently and cumulatively. Even in this "dynasty" era of Spurs basketball the Lakers have won more championships

Extra Point
01-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I wish that we could move the Kings back to KC, but it'll take a greater volume pig's ass than we can afford.

Psyko Tek
01-16-2011, 02:29 PM

fuck the spurs
fuck the lakers
fuck sarver

signed
long suffering suns fan

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The Steelers have won championships before the Clinton presidency.

Also, the Lakers have been far more successful both recently and cumulatively. Even in this "dynasty" era of Spurs basketball the Lakers have won more championships

Fine.

Spurs are to basketball as the Patriots are to Football.

RealSNR
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Fine.

Spurs are to basketball as the Patriots are to Football.:thumb:

Stinger
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
The Steelers have won championships before the Clinton presidency.

I am not sure about far more .... since 2000 NBA Titles

LA -4

San Antonio - 3

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 02:37 PM

LA -4

San Antonio - 3

Thus why the Spurs are like the Patriots. They both have won 3 championships since 1999.

RealSNR
01-16-2011, 02:39 PM

LA -4

San Antonio - 3Plus more recent championships. Two more, in fact.

Just saying, the Spurs had a pretty mediocre "dynasty"

kcxiv
01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
I thought the spurs were done after last year.

They were old and they quickly got young players that are playing well. Manu is a beast and Tim Duncan is slowly being phased out. They just arent asking him to win anymore. He's just another big body in there.

They werent from a defensive team to one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA. They are doing pretty good.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Just saying, the Spurs had a pretty mediocre "dynasty"

Hilarious...I guess not many pro sports organizations would kill to have won 4 titles in 8 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
01-16-2011, 05:36 PM

LA -4

San Antonio - 3

Its actually 5. 2001, 2002,2003, 2009,2010

Demonpenz
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
There are a couple people on this board who even casually follow the nba. It just is a crap place to talk NBA.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
There are a couple people on this board who even casually follow the nba. It just is a crap place to talk NBA.

Maybe the smartest thing u have ever posted on this board? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Paniero
01-16-2011, 07:10 PM
The Spurs are an excellent team, even more this year, uncharacteristically scoring as many points as they have.

People who hate on the Spurs do so because the Spurs don't have a guy that will score 55 or make highlight film dunks. These same basketball dickheads will wear whatever Wade, James, or Kobe jersey that matches their sneakers.

Parker, Ginobli, Duncan, Pop, and the others collect another ring this year. Hopefully over Boston.

-King-
01-16-2011, 07:14 PM
The Spurs are an excellent team, even more this year, uncharacteristically scoring as many points as they have.

People who hate on the Spurs do so because the Spurs don't have a guy that will score 55 or make highlight film dunks. These same basketball dickheads will wear whatever Wade, James, or Kobe jersey that matches their sneakers.

Parker, Ginobli, Duncan, Pop, and the others collect another ring this year. Hopefully over Boston.

Nobody has said that the Spurs are bad. They are a very good team and a very methodical team. With that said, of all the teams in the NBA, they are perhaps the worst to watch.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
, they are perhaps the worst to watch.

Tell me why? Because they dont have a Kobe, Wade or LeDouchebag?

Paniero
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Nobody has said that the Spurs are bad. They are a very good team and a very methodical team. With that said, of all the teams in the NBA, they are perhaps the worst to watch.

I can dig it. They don't rate on most sports talk shows and most fans think they play too slow to be considered a draw to people who don't follow them.

I wouldn't say worst to watch, though, simply because if you watch this team, it usually ends up with them winning, and all the windmill jams in the world can't match a good shooting team that passes and plays somewhat good defense.

No one will get a boner watching the Spurs, but they'll bring the tantric pleasure in the end.

Gracie Dean
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I think I like them most because they don't showboat. They just play and win.

Demonpenz
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I think I like them most because they don't showboat. They just play and win.

what team showboats that is worth a shit spock

Demonpenz
01-16-2011, 09:15 PM
The black Mamba never showboats.