PDA

View Full Version : Football Pats fans can blame me

Hootie
01-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Hootie luck.

I hit all four of my teasers/parlays and all I need is the Pats -2.5 (lock of the century according to some) and they straight lose...

so yeah...pissed of Pats fans blame me...I'm terrible luck. Same with Colts fans.

Oh and I suppose we can kill this whole "Brady is so clutch thing"...such an overrated term...

Brady isn't clutch, Manning isn't clutch, Brees isn't clutch, Eli isn't clutch...

it all boils down to having the right call, at the right time...or the right team, at the right time...

when you're a great QB at least

KurtCobain
01-16-2011, 09:48 PM
You're a dumbass. There are clutch QBs and Tom Brady is one of them.

01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Hootie sucks PBJ PBJ

Sanchez is a jag and a garbage below average qb PBJ PBJ PBJ

And Rex loves feet PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Hootie
I guess I gotta root for anyone but the Steelers to win...

I just can't believe I had a 4 team parlay nailed if the Pats come through (huge payout) and they get stomped...

Seriously.

It has to be Hootie luck...no other explanation to the Pats losing AT HOME to a team they beat by 42 a few weeks ago with Bill Belichick as coach and Tom Brady as QB...

wtf?!?!

God damn...It has to be squarely on that Crumpler drop and 1st Brady pick because the game started out like it was going to be a curb stomping...

I was SHOCKED when I saw 14-3...

baffling

one of the most baffling games I can ever remember watching...I figured the Hawks/Saints game would be close...I figured the Bears/Hawks game was going to be a blowout...

I would have taken a shotgun to the face if someone told me to before the game...that's how confident I was in the Patriots.

Are you kidding me???

I'm dumbfounded...I lost a lot of $$$ but that's not even bothering me...I'm too shocked.

Bane
Even though I'd like to just for the hell of it,I really cant disagree with you too much.

teedubya
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Douchebag2112.

That's what that D is for, I'm certain of it... or dumbass.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
at this point fuck it

I hope the Jets win

they deserve it for christ sake

01-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Douchebag2112.

That's what that D is for, I'm certain of it... or dumbass.

I hope you go blind and NEVER see the Chiefs win a playoff game. just listen to it on radio while you pity yourself for being a crybaby.

Bugeater
01-16-2011, 09:52 PM
YOU FUCKING RULE DUDE!

01-16-2011, 09:52 PM
at this point **** it

I hope the Jets win

they deserve it for christ sake

You're so fake! lol! I can see right through you!

01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Why did ari change his name to teedubya anyways?

KurtCobain
What about the bears? Don't you live in that territory?

Hootie
You're a dumbass. There are clutch QBs and Tom Brady is one of them.

I think there are great QBs and Tom Brady is one of them...

but I'm done using the word clutch for QB play...

the best team usually wins

Brady played ok today
Manning played ok a week ago

the Jets were the better team both weeks (which is just perplexing to me)

but hey...I guess I don't know shit after all...at least I can admit it

Hootie
01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
You're so fake! lol! I can see right through you!

dude I don't even care

I just don't want the Steelers to win...

let someone else win it for once

Packers, Bears or Jets

I was hoping for a Pack/Pats Super Bowl for entertainment value...

now I don't really give a shit because I like offense and the only two teams that can satisfy any of that are in the NFC...

so the Super Bowl is going to be a slow, dragged out game featuring a lot of punts and it'll bore the shit out of me but oh well

Just rooting against the Steelers.

Discuss Thrower
01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Hootie luck.

I hit all four of my teasers/parlays and all I need is the Pats -2.5 (lock of the century according to some) and they straight lose...

so yeah...pissed of Pats fans blame me...I'm terrible luck. Same with Colts fans.

Oh and I suppose we can kill this whole "Brady is so clutch thing"...such an overrated term...

Brady isn't clutch, Manning isn't clutch, Brees isn't clutch, Eli isn't clutch...

it all boils down to having the right call, at the right time...or the right team, at the right time...

when you're a great QB at least

My pops likes to wager on football games. The only advice he's ever given me is to avoid parlays. Why? Because they're a sucker bet.

Sucker.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
and I also tell you what

if I'm a "diehard" Jets fan I wouldn't be at ChiefsPlanet after one of the biggest victories in my team's history...

wtf man??

go celebrate with some Jets fans

milkman
01-16-2011, 09:57 PM
and I also tell you what

if I'm a "diehard" Jets fan I wouldn't be at ChiefsPlanet after one of the biggest victories in my team's history...

wtf man??

And I'll tell you what.

STFU.

Some of us like D, so get the fuck over it.

Bugeater
01-16-2011, 09:57 PM
and I also tell you what

wtf man??

The server is down at JetsPlanet.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
My pops likes to wager on football games. The only advice he's ever given me is to avoid parlays. Why? Because they're a sucker bet.

Sucker.

well I do money line parlays and teasers

teasers are easy money...

and money line parlays were very profitable to me this year

and parlays can be fish bets, no doubt, if you get enamored with them and bet too many teams

I do 2 team parlays with 1 lock to better my odds...

today one of my parlays was Bears (-500) and Pats (-9) for a 1.4:1 payout

my big teaser was Pack (+8) Ravens (+9.5) and Pats (-2.5)

and my other teaser was (Hawks +16) and Pats (-2.5)

so the Pats fucked me hard...and that was my one lock (go figure)

and I also tell you what

wtf man??

I got 3 browser tabs open. one here, one on JN and one on facebook. and Im here looking for those cocky Pats fans posters that are nowhere to be found.

And TBH..your opinion of me is irrelevant ;)

Hootie
And I'll tell you what.

STFU.

Some of us like D, so get the **** over it.

Cool dude, I have nothing against those who prefer D...

I just prefer offense...

Just giving an opinion...

milkman
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Cool dude, I have nothing against those who prefer D...

I just prefer offense...

Just giving an opinion...

D2112.

:facepalm:

01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Hootie the retard that cant even get AV software loaded onto his computer right finds it amazing that I can be in 3 plac es at once. lol

01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
D2112.

:facepalm:

ROFL

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
and milkman...

do you still think Brady is better than Manning because he's so awesome in the playoffs??!

If the Pats score 6 right off the bat (such a dumb INT) I don't think they ever look back...

add in that Crumpler drop and the Pats were just begging for the Jets to take advantage (and they did)

It's amazing how 1 pass (the Brady INT) can change the whole culture of the game...I just don't see how the Jets would have recovered had the Pats put 7 on the board right away.

KurtCobain
01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey, I'm an attention whore too. Maybe a should start a thread about how the Pats lost today because I have the worst luck.

I went to place a bet on New England at this guy's office and I was shot at and struck in the leg by a guy wearing a Nixon mask. Then I went home and my family was kidnapped and there were fat people's chopped off feet laying everywhere. I was freaking out, man.

So that's why the Pats lost.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't even know what you guys are yelling about...

Congrats to the Jets fans...I'm certainly not a Patriots fan...I was today since I had $$$ on them...

but I'm not trying to rain on any parade here...If I were a Chiefs fan and we had just one a game where we were huge underdogs I'd be ecstatic (and on ChiefsPlanet talking about it)...

I probably wouldn't care about some other team's bored...and I probably wouldn't be a Chiefs fan on JetsPlanet arguing with a different team's fan base about a win...

that's just fucking crazy to me

Discuss Thrower
01-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I got 3 browser tabs open. one here, one on JN and one on facebook. and Im here looking for those cocky Pats fans posters that are nowhere to be found.

And TBH..your opinion of me is irrelevant ;)

Mental image of one of those stereotypical Jets yokels stalking around a dark office building trying to find yuppie Pats fans with team logo ties underneath tweed sweaters and Tom Brady haircuts.

tk13
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey, I'm an attention whore too. Maybe a should start a thread about how the Pats lost today because I have the worst luck.

I went to place a bet on New England at this guy's office and I was shot at and struck in the leg by a guy wearing a Nixon mask. Then I went home and my family was kidnapped and there were fat people's chopped off feet laying everywhere. I was freaking out, man.

LMAO

Sounds like a personal problem.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:05 PM

dude I don't even know how to respond to this...

I will say the new act is too forced...

we get it...you try and leave ridiculous rep comments because you think they're funny (they're not)...

you change your name because you think it's clever (it isn't)

you try and be super relevant and quirky and clever and you just never are...

The Pats at -2.5 everyone in the god damn world would have taken it...and the Jets pull a HUGE upset...and I'm a very unlucky person by nature...so I was joking around because I know everyone wanted to heckle me about losing money on them today anyways...

but hey...go ahead and try to mock me in this thread...I don't really give a fuck man...people only refrain from saying shit to you because they don't want you to turn back to the needle

so congrats man...you're the recovering junkie everyone feels bad for

Hammock Parties
01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
This is what you get for not paying up, Hootie. You owe me 10 bucks...and karma said IT WILL COST YOU 500, BITCH!

01-16-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't even know what you guys are yelling about...

Congrats to the Jets fans...I'm certainly not a Patriots fan...I was today since I had $$$ on them...

but I'm not trying to rain on any parade here...If I were a Chiefs fan and we had just one a game where we were huge underdogs I'd be ecstatic (and on ChiefsPlanet talking about it)...

I probably wouldn't care about some other team's bored...and I probably wouldn't be a Chiefs fan on JetsPlanet arguing with a different team's fan base about a win...

that's just ****ing crazy to me

Who ever said I was sane? not me.

Thank you! and I was a Rex basher earl;ier in the season..lol..so I am not particularly liked over there at the moment ;)

Hootie
I'd feel bad for Pats fans but I don't...

time for them to realize the Pats have always relied on the schemes of the genius BB...

today he was outschemed

and Brady couldn't do shit about it

which is why Brady has always been overrated

and one more thing:

what have the Pats done since spygate????

yeah

I know the NFL wants everyone to forget....but I'm not going to. How many rings would they have if they weren't cheating for the first part of last decade?

Hootie
Who ever said I was sane? not me.

Thank you! and I was a Rex basher earl;ier in the season..lol..so I am not particularly liked over there at the moment ;)

they should hire Rob to be the assistant head coach so you can have two Ryan's patrolling the sidelines...

that would be hysterical

01-16-2011, 10:09 PM
they should hire Rob to be the assistant head coach so you can have two Ryan's patrolling the sidelines...

that would be hysterical

And have Rex grow his hair long like a mullet too?

I think Rob is still under contract with the Browns.

Hootie
it's too bad the Colts didn't hire Rex when Dungy called it quits...

he would have been the PERFECT hire for a Peyton Manning team

Rams Fan
And have Rex grow his hair long like a mullet too?

I think Rob is still under contract with the Browns.

He's about to be hired by the Cowboys....

KurtCobain
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
dude I don't even know how to respond to this...

I will say the new act is too forced...

we get it...you try and leave ridiculous rep comments because you think they're funny (they're not)...

you change your name because you think it's clever (it isn't)

you try and be super relevant and quirky and clever and you just never are...

The Pats at -2.5 everyone in the god damn world would have taken it...and the Jets pull a HUGE upset...and I'm a very unlucky person by nature...so I was joking around because I know everyone wanted to heckle me about losing money on them today anyways...

but hey...go ahead and try to mock me in this thread...I don't really give a **** man...people only refrain from saying shit to you because they don't want you to turn back to the needle

so congrats man...you're the recovering junkie everyone feels bad for

You're very sweet. Atleast I don't whine like a little bitch when I get disrespected on a message board.

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
and milkman...

do you still think Brady is better than Manning because he's so awesome in the playoffs??!

If the Pats score 6 right off the bat (such a dumb INT) I don't think they ever look back...

add in that Crumpler drop and the Pats were just begging for the Jets to take advantage (and they did)

It's amazing how 1 pass (the Brady INT) can change the whole culture of the game...I just don't see how the Jets would have recovered had the Pats put 7 on the board right away.

I've argued that Brady has made more clutch plays in the playoffs through the years than Manning has, and that is still true.

I've also said over the last two or three years that Brady has bought into his own hype, and rather than take what the defense gives him, he tries to make the big plays to live up to that hype.
The result is that he hasn't been clutch in the last three playoffs.

The best, most consistent clutch performers are the ones that play within themselves.

01-16-2011, 10:12 PM
You're very sweet. Atleast I don't whine like a little bitch when I get disrespected on a message board.

His whining threads in 2006 were legendary. him and gochiefs were the one two punch whiners. it was like hulk hogan and Mr T talking Chiefs football.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
"bought into his hype"

give me a break

Vinatieri = clutch

Brady = part of the spygate dynasty

pretty simple

KurtCobain
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
You're like married to this forum. If somebody is the slightest bit nice to you you're their partner in crime, but if they make one comment towards you that you don't like, you spew out all your inner thoughts that you keep in like a pussy. Just let it all out, Hootie. You macho man, you.

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
"bought into his hype"

give me a break

Vinatieri = clutch

pretty simple

How is a player "clutch"? A player can't out perform his best skill in key moments.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
You're like married to this forum. If somebody is the slightest bit nice to you you're their partner in crime, but if they make one comment towards you that you don't like, you spew out all your inner thoughts that you keep in like a pussy. Just let it all out, Hootie. You macho man, you.

who on this site is my partner in crime?

name one person, please

name one person I'm "buddy/buddy" with...

this is the dumbest post I've ever read...I always stick to my opinion...I don't care if the majority agree with me, the minority agrees with me, or no one agrees with me...

you're and idiot

$1000 (already lost enough today what's another G) says you have tons of rep from the same few members because you all rep whore each other...

bet?

??

and I'M the pathetic one looking for board "acceptance"

give me a break

milkman
"bought into his hype"

give me a break

Vinatieri = clutch

pretty simple

It doesn't matter whether you believe it.

Everyone else did, and he was hyped.

He bought into it.

On a side note, everyone else in the world believed he was clutch, but we all now know that we were wrong, because Hootie is here to set us straight.

tk13
I've argued that Brady has made more clutch plays in the playoffs through the years than Manning has, and that is still true.

I've also said over the last two or three years that Brady has bought into his own hype, and rather than take what the defense gives him, he tries to make the big plays to live up to that hype.
The result is that he hasn't been clutch in the last three playoffs.

The best, most consistent clutch performers are the ones that play within themselves.

I think the real interesting question that's about to set up... say Roethlisberger gets to the Super Bowl again, does he pass Brady as the best QB in the NFL today...

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
How is a player "clutch"? A player can't out perform his best skill in key moments.

Vinatieri is the VERY DEFINITION of the term "clutch player"...

It's easy for a kicker to be clutch...or a basketball player...or even a baseball player

a QB? a RB? a WR? A defensive player? Meh. Not so much...because EVERYONE has to be working as a team in football...every player has to be at the right spot...and every call has to be the right call...or you're fucked.

Michael Jordan was clutch almost every single time. He was clutch. CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCH.

we've seen Brady and Manning both be clutch...and both be total stiffs...

so how can you consider someone like that clutch?

you can't

football is too much of a team sport to have clutch performers...overused term

was Big Ben clutch because he threw a ball as far as he could and a rookie receiver made a catch? Sure...I guess...I'm not quite sure why the Ravens weren't covering that...

but damn

I'd say he was lucky, not clutch.

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I think the real interesting question that's about to set up... say Roethlisberger gets to the Super Bowl again, does he pass Brady as the best QB in the NFL today...

It depends on how the SB plays out if it's Roethliberger and Rodgers.

If the Pack win it, then I think we start seeing a debate between the two of them.

KurtCobain
who on this site is my partner in crime?

name one person, please

name one person I'm "buddy/buddy" with...

this is the dumbest post I've ever read...I always stick to my opinion...I don't care if the majority agree with me, the minority agrees with me, or no one agrees with me...

you're and idiot

$1000 (already lost enough today what's another G) says you have tons of rep from the same few members because you all rep whore each other...

bet?

??

and I'M the pathetic one looking for board "acceptance"

give me a break

I just think it's interesting how quickly you notice the rep comments you get. And how much you insist on referencing to the system. I use it mainly for messaging now because it's convenient. But if you wanna bring up with the 'people feel sorry for me' thing, I've had ten times the neg rep since I've been back on the planet than I did before.

Hootie
It doesn't matter whether you believe it.

Everyone else did, and he was hyped.

He bought into it.

On a side note, everyone else in the world believed he was clutch, but we all now know that we were wrong, because Hootie is here to set us straight.

I don't think clutch exists in a team sport like football...

maybe there are clutch coordinators or playcallers

KurtCobain
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM

That's fucking stupid. There's players that play better when they need to and won't let you down, then there's fucking chokers.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
That's ****ing stupid. There's players that play better when they need to and won't let you down, then there's ****ing chokers.

so who is clutch and who is a choker in today's NFL?

please

I'd like to know

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Vinatieri is the VERY DEFINITION of the term "clutch player"...

It's easy for a kicker to be clutch...or a basketball player...or even a baseball player

a QB? a RB? a WR? A defensive player? Meh. Not so much...because EVERYONE has to be working as a team in football...every player has to be at the right spot...and every call has to be the right call...or you're ****ed.

Michael Jordan was clutch almost every single time. He was clutch. CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCH.

we've seen Brady and Manning both be clutch...and both be total stiffs...

so how can you consider someone like that clutch?

you can't

football is too much of a team sport to have clutch performers...overused term

was Big Ben clutch because he threw a ball as far as he could and a rookie receiver made a catch? Sure...I guess...I'm not quite sure why the Ravens weren't covering that...

but damn

I'd say he was lucky, not clutch.

I like to think there are players that can perform at their best in key moments of the game, but can't out perform what they've already accomplished. Or, say a player goes on a hot streak in the playoffs, would you consider that player clutch? Or just playing at the highest level he possibly could in the playoffs(Example:Cody Ross)?

Phobia
I would have taken a shotgun to the face if someone told me to before the game...that's how confident I was in the Patriots.

Man, we all had a little Hootie luck of our own not taking some of that action.

Hootie
Manning was a choker according to some when they lost to the Jets last week...

So why isn't Brady a choker today?

(IMO, both QB's played ok enough...both defenses let their teams down)

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM

Clearly, in a team sport, other players have to step up and make plays.

But in football, on the field, it all starts with the QB.

The ones that step up consistently and make critical plays are clutch.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
I like to think there are players that can perform at their best in key moments of the game, but can't out perform what they've already accomplished. Or, say a player goes on a hot streak in the playoffs, would you consider that player clutch? Or just playing at the highest level he possibly could in the playoffs(Example:Cody Ross)?

I'm not sure...

I think players can certainly be chokers...but it's more evident in a sport like basketball or baseball.

Football is a different beast...it's too precise...and you have to depend on 11 guys being on the same page at all times...

when the Colts lost and Manning threw his line under the bus...you don't think they deserved to be under the bus?

The whole idea I've argued about for years and years and years is Brady has never been more clutch than Manning...

He was "clutch" in 1 Super Bowl game (the Panthers game) when both defenses were just in shootout mode (and it still took a CLUTCH field goal to win)...

Both QB's are great...and both have and will continue to only go as far as the rest of their team takes them...

Not even the Michael Jordan of QB's could have won with the Pats defense this week...or the Colts defense last week...

Football is too team orientated...

and I think it's time to stop always blaming the QB every time a team loses...

it wasn't Brady's fault this week, it wasn't Manning's fault the week before, and it wasn't Cassel's (not all of it at least) fault when we lost...

I'm just astonished that the Jets put their money where their mouth was...I didn't see them beating Indy (although I thought it was possible)...they did. I didn't see them beating New England (and I thought it wasn't possible)...they did.

Props to them. No more Jets bashing. They proved me totally wrong...oh well. Time for me to move on and stop speaking in absolutes. I learn from my mistakes.

Bambi
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Hollywood loves the Jets, all the golden globe girls were in green

lol

Marcellus
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
It's obvious the Sanchez is better than Brady right?

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
well hey

and this is because I can

brady shouldn't get any credit

he was a SUPERSTAR CLUTCH QB who never put up the numbers but always won in the postseason during their spygate dynasty

now he's a SUPERSTAR REGULAR SEASON QB A LA PEYTON MANNING who keeps losing at home in the playoffs after their spygate dynasty

so uh...

???

time for us to start taking a longer look at this spygate and taking away these Super Bowls from their franchise for being such cheaters (oh wait, we can't, Goodell destroyed all of the damning evidence to protect the game's integrity)

Brock
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't really care to rehash a Brady argument. I will say that the Patriots need to get their heads out of their asses vis a vis the WR position. Today is what happens when Deion Branch is your best receiver.

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
well hey

and this is because I can

brady shouldn't get any credit

he was a SUPERSTAR CLUTCH QB who never put up the numbers but always won in the postseason during their spygate dynasty

now he's a SUPERSTAR REGULAR SEASON QB A LA PEYTON MANNING who keeps losing at home in the playoffs after their spygate dynasty

so uh...

???

time for us to start taking a longer look at this spygate and taking away these Super Bowls from their franchise for being such cheaters (oh wait, we can't, Goodell destroyed all of the damning evidence to protect the game's integrity)

:clap: I think there should be some thread that is started talking about Spygate and how it affected the Patriots and other teams. Did it affect any Superbowls at all(besides maybe the one vs the Rams where they reportedly taped the walk through)? How many playoff games did Spygate affect?

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
The whole "there is no such thing as clutch" is just another way to deflect blame from Manning for his playoff failures.

tk13
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
You're doing this all wrong. The right argument is the Patriots have gone downhill because they get in situations where they don't have the best defense on the field. Belichick hasn't won anything without Romeo Crennel. :D

Rams Fan
01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
The whole "there is no such thing as clutch" is just another way to deflect blame from Manning for his playoff failures.

That's not why I brought it up. I brought it up because he said Vinatieri was clutch. I don't think a player can out perform his highest level of potential in a close game. I do think, however, some players play at a high level under pressure.

philfree
01-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Don't really care to rehash a Brady argument. I will say that the Patriots need to get their heads out of their asses vis a vis the WR position. Today is what happens when Deion Branch is your best receiver.

No kidding.

Small ball and it reminded me alot of the Chiefs offense except it's alot better. lol

PhilFree:arrow:

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:38 PM

well Brady hasn't done anything since he knew what the other defense was running before he snapped the ball (spygate)...

so...

maybe Brady was clutch at being a good cheater?

or are you going to keep hiding from this tidbit?

philfree
You're doing this all wrong. The right argument is the Patriots have gone downhill because they get in situations where they don't have the best defense on the field. Belichick hasn't won anything without Romeo Crennel. :D

:clap:

Hootie
No kidding.

Small ball and it reminded me alot of the Chiefs offense except it's alot better. lol

yeah it's true

they are just like the chiefs

with that game plan...they weren't built to be behind by 1+ scores

that's for sure

tk13
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
well Brady hasn't done anything since he knew what the other defense was running before he snapped the ball (spygate)...

so...

I wouldn't go that far. They were in another dimension in 2007. But there were times where he could just chuck it up to Moss, not exactly rocket science there.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't go that far. They were in another dimension in 2007. But there were times where he could just chuck it up to Moss, not exactly rocket science there.

yeah they were in the same dimension as Peyton Manning was in 2004...

they still didn't win the big one and they are still losing playoff games they have no business losing

it's time to start wondering about what was SO BAD about this spygate material that Goodell thought the best step to protect the game's integrity was to destroy it...

???

it's THAT damning

so Manning is a choker and Brady is a cheater

is that fair?

philfree
01-16-2011, 10:44 PM
yeah they were in the same dimension as Peyton Manning was in 2004...

they still didn't win the big one and they are still losing playoff games they have no business losing

it's time to start wondering about what was SO BAD about this spygate material that Goodell thought the best step to protect the game's integrity was to destroy it...???

it's THAT damning

so Manning is a choker and Brady is a cheater

is that fair?

Probably just a foot fetish video they had borrowed from Rex Ryan.

tk13
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM
I do think Weis and Crennel made a difference. Belichick was the mastermind, but they all are very good coaches. That was an all-star coaching staff. Now it's just Belichick and proteges. Plus they've never really found an elite pass rusher the level of a Harrison or Woodley.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
well they can figure something out with there 9,000 picks in the first 3 rounds next year...

fucking Patriots lol

it does feel good seeing them lose (if only I didn't have so much damn money invested)

milkman
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM

so...

Spygate had to do with taping other team's walkthroughs, and how they planned to attack at the beginning of the game.

Teams adjusted as the game dictated, so what Brady did at the end of games had little to do with spygate.

That being said, that has nothing to do with the fact that Manning hasn't been clutch.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Spygate had to do with taping other team's walkthroughs, and how they planned to attack at the beginning of the game.

Teams adjusted as the game dictated, so what Brady did at the end of games had little to do with spygate.

OH

OK

GOT IT!

haha

Manning is a choker...Brady is a cheater. Plain and simple.

Brock
01-16-2011, 10:53 PM

That being said, that has nothing to do with the fact that Manning hasn't been clutch.

Defensive signals. It's why defense has radios now.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Manning has 1 Super Bowl without knowing the opposing defenses call signals...

Brady has 0.

Marcellus
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
There is a reason that 3 seems to be the number for great SB winning QB's and anything above that is extremely rare. Only 2 have 4. Only 2 others have 3.

Only 6 have won 2.

It is a TEAM game. Even if you kickass your team may not win.

Kelley went to 4 in a row and lost all of them. Was he a choker?

A QB can take you to a certain level of play, the rest is up to the TEAM.

Manning has carried teams just like Elway did early.

It is very likely both Manning and Brady win at least 1 more. Maybe not.

The QB is critical but you can't just have a QB, it's about total team talent. Ask Elway, he got his ass handed to him until he had better talent around him.

Ask Marino.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2011, 11:06 PM
No one has ever said you can win with John Elway and 21 guys off the street. That's the most disingenuous, bullshit argument out there.

The claim is, and remains, that QB is far and away the most important position on the team, and unless you have that squared away, you can forget about being a consistent contender.

All other attempts to obfuscate that are just True Fan attempts at rationalizing the failure of the front offices of this team.

Marcellus
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
No one has ever said you can win with John Elway and 21 guys off the street. That's the most disingenuous, bullshit argument out there.

The claim is, and remains, that QB is far and away the most important position on the team, and unless you have that squared away, you can forget about being a consistent contender.

All other attempts to obfuscate that are just True Fan attempts at rationalizing the failure of the front offices of this team.

No attempt at that. Just discussing the Brady failure today. He is already in elite company.

Hell I'm just looking for 1 SB win.

-King-
01-16-2011, 11:22 PM

And why they'll end up with Larry Fitzgerald :banghead:

They have like 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 18 third rounds. Dammit!

Marcellus
01-16-2011, 11:28 PM
And why they'll end up with Larry Fitzgerald :banghead:

They have like 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 18 third rounds. Dammit!

God forbid anyone looks at them as the way to build a franchise.

-King-
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM
God forbid anyone looks at them as the way to build a franchise.

Psshhh fuck that. We'd rather look at the Ravens. Look at the model way they build a franchise. Look at what they've achieved! All those championships...

Hootie
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
if the Pats end up with Fitzgerald fuck me in the asshole

that would suck...

I'm a huge Fitzy fan...but in all honesty...Fitzy to the Pats makes the most sense. The Pats have the compensation, he's a perfect fit for their team/locker room...god damn.

The Cardinals should take less to trade him elsewhere...or keep him!

-King-
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
if the Pats end up with Fitzgerald fuck me in the asshole

that would suck...

I'm a huge Fitzy fan...but in all honesty...Fitzy to the Pats makes the most sense. The Pats have the compensation, he's a perfect fit for their team/locker room...god damn.

You suck at being racist.

Hootie
01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
You suck at being racist.

he's not a ...

difference between a black athlete like fitzgerald and a ... like the ones I hate

Dylan
01-16-2011, 11:38 PM
http://www.rossirovetti.com/ProdImages/RR-01004.jpg

FAX
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
There was this one time when St. Paul was arrested after some Jews who were pissed off at him complained about his activities. Based upon his fervent and articulate appeal, he was subsequently sent to Rome so that his case might be heard in person by the Emperor. However, along the way a great and powerful storm blew apart his boat and he was stranded on the Isle Of Malta (the artist Adam Elsheimer made a neat painting of this) along with all the other passengers and crew members. While there, he and his shipmates made drinks out of snow and goat milk which they called, "Malts". Anyhow, Paul used to grip his malt with both hands which led all the Rome guys to call him, "Paul The Clutch". The name stuck, but it didn't work out too well since, later on when they finally made it to Rome, Paul got all beheaded.

FAX

Rams Fan
01-17-2011, 12:34 AM
if the Pats end up with Fitzgerald **** me in the asshole

that would suck...

Shit, the Pats could trade the Cardinals a 1st and a 2nd for him and still have a pick in each of the first 2 rounds. I think I'm going to cry if that happens.

DBOSHO
01-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Brady is still the best in the nfl, but id be lying if i said i havent been dissapointed in his last few playoff games.

Lono
01-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Sorry Hootie, that sucks. I however took the Jets +9! Then took the Jets +10.5 2nd half. Won $200. GB will be the winning bet next week.

memyselfI
01-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Don't feel bad. Walmart will likely have their boy's jersey on clearance today.