PDA

View Full Version : Bill Williamson's AFCW First Round Mock

Quesadilla Joe
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
We are going to periodically do an AFC West mock draft with updates after major events such as the Senior Bowl, the combine and pro day workouts.

Here goes our first take:

2. Denver, DL, Nick Fairley, Auburn: Denver will likely shop this pick, but getting out of the No. 2 pick is difficult. I think ultimately Denver will be thrilled to take Fairley. He would be a tremendous starting piece for John Fox’s defense.

18. San Diego, WR, Julio Jones, Alabama: If Jones has a big offseason. I can see him skyrocket up the draft board. But he’s the perfect fit for a San Diego receiver. I’d think the Chargers would jump at him.

21. Kansas City, Anthony Castonzo, RT, Boston College: This is a very talented player and he’d be a terrific fit and an upgrade from current starter Barry Richardson.

48. Oakland, Stefen Wisniewski, OL, Penn State: It’s always dicey predicting if a player will be available in the second round. Wisniewski -- the nephew of former Raiders’ star Steve Wisniewski -- seems like a player whose stock will rise. Still, he can play both center and guard and he’d be a fine fit for the Raiders, who sent the No. 17 pick to New England in the Richard Seymour trade in 2009.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/23436/afc-west-mock-draft-take-1-3

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Imagine that the Denver Douche Writer gives us a shitty player.

salame
01-18-2011, 12:46 AM
he isn't a shitty player

Bewbies
01-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Is there some rule in the land o mock drafts that we take an o-lineman in the 1st round every single year?

googlegoogle
01-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Our Oline is not good.

Teicher said we need Oline too.

Mile High Mania
01-18-2011, 05:43 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Here is a DEF guy for ya...

jd1020
01-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Is there some rule in the land o mock drafts that we take an o-lineman in the 1st round every single year?

I dont think I would ever draft OLine in the first, unless there was some godly talent at tackle.

Bewbies
01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
I dont think I would ever draft OLine in the first, unless there was some godly talent at tackle.

I might consider a C in the 1st if I'm picking lower than say 25 if they're going to step in and be an instant all pro. Might.
:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2011, 10:29 AM
He'll be a decent player, but that's a fucking waste of a pick with as many holes as we have.

Brock
01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Gonna go out on a limb and say there might be more important positions to be had with a first round pick there.

The Franchise
01-18-2011, 10:37 AM
I would rather take Wisniewski at that point.

Los Pollos Hermanos
01-18-2011, 10:42 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Here is a DEF guy for ya...

Walter Football had the Chiefs taking Justin Blackmon before Blackmon decided to go back to OSU. I would have loved that pick.

B_Ambuehl
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Who is the best player at least 6'3 260 lbs that can rush the passer, isn't a ghetto thug, and was a team captain? That'll likely be the pick.

ForeverChiefs58
01-18-2011, 12:25 PM
I know a lot of people say not to take a certain position early. Here is the deal though, I am tired of seeing year after year holes that get ignored or band aid fixes. I really don't care how they freaking do it but we have a lot of holes and I want them fixed.

Somehow, somewhere we need to fix the o-line. I have been seeing this get yelled at the tv since vermeil left, and now fans are crying worse than vermeil after a win. We need a freaking RT, C and another G wouldn't hurt year after year. I want Cassel to be good just as much as the next guy and it is extremly hard to judge a guy who has 3 seconds to get rid of the ball while he is running for his life. If your going to keep Cassel, and I don't see a better alternative out there, then at least fix the freaking o-line so you can help mask his deficiencies.

We have also needed a NT since the 3-4 was installed. We have needed someone on the opposite side of Tamba since trading Allen and I am tired of waiting. We have needed to replace Vrable since way before he even got here. We have needed another WR for too long and I want to see this shit get fixed before other holes start opening up and I don't care how they do it or where they do it. Bob Pioli needs to get on it!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/auzzie_biker/BobTheBuilderCharacters.jpg

jd1020
01-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I know a lot of people say not to take a certain position early. Here is the deal though, I am tired of seeing year after year holes that get ignored or band aid fixes. I really don't care how they freaking do it but we have a lot of holes and I want them fixed.

Somehow, somewhere we need to fix the o-line. I have been seeing this get yelled at the tv since vermeil left, and now fans are crying worse than vermeil after a win. We need a freaking RT, C and another G wouldn't hurt year after year. I want Cassel to be good just as much as the next guy and it is extremly hard to judge a guy who has 3 seconds to get rid of the ball while he is running for his life. If your going to keep Cassel, and I don't see a better alternative out there, then at least fix the freaking o-line so you can help mask his deficiencies.

We have also needed a NT since the 3-4 was installed. We have needed someone on the opposite side of Tamba since trading Allen and I am tired of waiting. We have needed to replace Vrable since way before he even got here. We have needed another WR for too long and I want to see this shit get fixed before other holes start opening up and I don't care how they do it or where they do it. Bob Pioli needs to get on it!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/auzzie_biker/BobTheBuilderCharacters.jpg

It's really not about bandaid fixes. It's about knowing the draft and which positions have more of an impact on the game. You can get your interior linemen later in the draft that have all the attributes to play the position. We need a QB, OLB, WR before we start looking elsewhere. If we can get either of those from trades/FA then great, we can start looking at linemen. But, given that we are a 3-4 D, NT will probably make its way into the 2nd/3rd round.

There are always those linemen that scream Pro Bowler but they are also gone long before #21.

ModSocks
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I might consider a C in the 1st if I'm picking lower than say 25 if they're going to step in and be an instant all pro. Might.
:thumb:

If we're taking a lineman in the first round I'd want him to be a Center. We need that more than any other position on the line. I'd be OK with a RT, but not ecstatic.

Do not want another feaking guard at all. Ever. Lilja was solid, possibly our best lineman last year and Asamoah should be ready to take Waters' spot.

Bewbies
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM
The only position we don't need is DB. We need help at every other position.

Bowser
01-18-2011, 01:13 PM
If we don't take a pass rushing linebacker or a road grating nose tackle in the first, I might get upset.

ForeverChiefs58
01-18-2011, 01:17 PM
It's really not about bandaid fixes. It's about knowing the draft and which positions have more of an impact on the game. You can get your interior linemen later in the draft that have all the attributes to play the position. We need a QB, OLB, WR before we start looking elsewhere. If we can get either of those from trades/FA then great, we can start looking at linemen. But, given that we are a 3-4 D, NT will probably make its way into the 2nd/3rd round.

There are always those linemen that scream Pro Bowler but they are also gone long before #21.

You should be able to get a potential probowler anywhere on the OL but LT at #21. I think C should be priority and you should be able to get the top/best one at # 21. If cassel could step up in the pocket to throw it would help. Esp. since most the DT/NT's in our division are too good to just ignore.

Hopefully, there is still a great NT sitting there in the 2nd. I agree that WR, OLB should be a priority too along with RT.

Red Dawg
01-18-2011, 01:54 PM

You are crazy! We must fix the battle in trenhces. O-line and a strong NT is what this team needs first. RT, G's and Center. Age has caught Waters and Weg.

Brock
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
You are crazy! We must fix the battle in trenhces. O-line and a strong NT is what this team needs first. RT, G's and Center. Age has caught Waters and Weg.

This team needs another pass rusher more than any of those.

Bewbies
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM

We also need a few OLB's, ILB's, WR's, QB's, RB's, DE's, NT's and maybe even a TE. We have 0 depth anywhere, so we need everything.

doomy3
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I would have no problem drafting a tackle at 21.

ForeverChiefs58
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM

I think it would be better to have the top C, RT or NT than say the 5th best OLB, WR, QB or whatever cause we have so many needs. Hopefully, this team makes a big splash in FA this year to suppliment the draft with so many of our needs.

HighChief
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I will take BPA thank you very much. I dont even care if its a kicker. When you draft BPA you will be a better team. I bet we will be sitting on a quality DE like Clayborn and i hope we take him if we feel he is the best player on the board.

googlegoogle
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
would help the run and pass.

AustinChief
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
He'll be a decent player, but that's a fucking waste of a pick with as many holes as we have.

It is far from a WASTE.. but it is a bit of a luxury to take RT when we have so many holes... I would much rather see a WR or NT at this point. Then OLB, RT, C and ILB are next on my list...

googlegoogle
01-18-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/1/3/1909316/chiefs-vs-raiders-ii-breaking-down-the-o-line-tape

Barry richardson needed help from other linemen to make blocks. Trouble with the Ravens too.

suzzer99
01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
This team needs another pass rusher more than any of those.

Here's an interesting take of this from another Chiefs board:

In a BASE 3-4 defense ONLY the weakside OLB rushes the passer along with the NT and the 2 DE's. In the BASE 3-4 the strongside DE becomes your other outside pass rusher. The strongside OLB is often in coverage and NOT..........I repeat...........NOT..............rushing the passer. When the Chiefs are in their nickle package, the strongside DE comes out and is replaced by the strongside OLB and THAT's when the strongside OLB rushes the passer. In that passer the Chiefs normally have good success rushing the passer because it's normally either Studebaker or Williams coming around that other side opposite Hali. The two DT's are normally 1-gapping in that scheme and that's when Gilberry can use his quickness to blow by blockers. Again the Chiefs normally get GOOD if not great pressure from that formation. So let's say the Chiefs picked up an Orakpo or Matthews. How does he impact the Chiefs??? Well...........either him or Hali would have to move to the strongside OLB. That would mean that their opportunities to rush the passer would be greatly diminished and thus so would their sack total. Neither is known to be great in coverage, so now in our base defense we're ourselves even more against the pass because we have what should be a weakside OLB playing the strongside. Either Hali or Matthews would be out of place playing that side and thus would be a hinderance to the defense...............not a help. Either may help a little more on third down with them BOTH rushing the passer then. But how much more production would either provide over a Studebaker or Williams??? A couple more sacks??? Does that little more production offset what you lose on base downs???

In all actuality the Chiefs need their strongside DE to become a dominant player ala Richard Seymour. Someone who can effectively play the run AND rush the passer. That's where Jackson comes along. Jackson is a rare player that has the height, size, physical, and athletic ability to be just as dominant as Seymour. He has the make up to be that player. That's what Pioli saw in Jackson when he drafted him. Now the Chiefs have to pull it out of him. They have to coach the kid up to that potential. Jackson has to WANT to be that player. If the light bulb ever goes on......WATCH OUT!!! There's been flashes of it, now he just needs to get consistent. It's the same with all of those LSU guys for some reason. But like Dwayne Bowe..........when the light goes on they can be GREAT players.

Nose Tackle wise, while true every good 3-4 defense a good NT let's not think the NT will solve the problem of the run between the tackles on our defense. The truth is the strongside ILB and NT play hand in hand in preventing the runs up the gut. Sure.........the NT must demand a double-team, BUT.........if that LB does not attack the LOS the way he should that double will be effective regardless if they move the NT or not. Simply put even if they don't move him, he can't make the play. If the LB attacks the LOS properly the guard will have to come off his double team to pick up the LB. This SHOULD take place at the LOS. If it does......the LOS is stacked and the RB has no where to go. If the LB is late, the NT either gets pushed out by the double team or held up by the double team. The LB being 1 to 2 yards off the LOS at that point creates gaps for the RB to explode through and pick up chunks of yardage. converseley, if the LB attacks the LOS properly the guard can't stay with the double team because he has to immediately come off and pick up the LB. That frees up the NT to make the play as well. Bottom line...........proper LB reads helps the DL. On site of a double team the LB should immediately attack the LOS at the point of the double team. That doesn't always happen with our LB's and we get hit with big runs. We need a strongside ILB that reads plays better. Belcher is a decent back up, but until he consistently reads defenses better he will hurt the guys in front of him.

The thing you always hear about GOOD 3-4 defenses is how aggressive the LB's are and how they attack. 3-4 LB's MUST play "downhill." Even if it's a "play action," come downhill, hit the RB, and smash the QB. "Read and React" in a 3-4 does not work. Our LB's our too often not attacking. They appear to often times be unsure of what it is they're seeing, ESPECIALLY when teams pass often on 1st and 2nd downs. It may be a matter of more time in the system and better understanding, then the better they will become. But only the coaches can ask the players "what are you seeing" and determine whther they're at least SEEING the right thing. If they see the right thing they can coach up pulling the trigger earlier when you see it. It's often a matter of trusting your instincts. But if the player is not even seeing the right thing, then you may not be able to coach that. But only the coaches know.

So please people, before we look at players we could've drafted or free agents and say "he could've helped our team," let's take a look at where we would've put him. Who's place would he have taken??? How much money would he have costed and would that take money away from signing our MANY pending free agents in the next couple of years??? Doesn't make sense to get a Clay Matthews if we have to move him or Tamba to the strongside OLB position. We've just hampered one of their abilities. It's better to stand pat with a Studebaker at that position and maybe upgrade at RT, C, or WR. If we can score more points it helps the defense just as much as a high priced LB would. We've got top 5 money invested in both DE spots. Doesn't make sense to give top dollar to a NT and tie up most of your money in the DL. What do you do when Hali and Flowers contracts come up??? We can stop the run, but now we can't rush the passer or shut down opposing WR's..........so how much better would we be???

Build on what you have, don't put yourself in a position where you have to tear it down. Plan to keep what you have now and build on it. We may have to spend big money somewhere, but not everywhere. We can't afford to pay our premium pass rusher, premium corner, top paid safety, nicely paid LB, soon to be nicely paid WR, nicely paid RB, soon to be nicely paid LT, AND pay a top flight NT, and top fllight WR. The Patriots never paid top money at a position they figured they could fill with maybe a lesser player, but the drop off isn't GREAT. They take the money saved and apply it to another part of the team. Therefore your TEAM never gets too lopsided talent wise on offense or defense like you see a LOT of other teams. The Steelers and Colts do the same. That's why they are PERENNIAL championship contenders.

I'm admittedly not a 3-4 expert, but it sure sounds like this guy knows what he's talking about. I would be interested to hear takes on this from some of the knowledgeable people on this forum.

The Franchise
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
The Patriots never paid top money at a position they figured they could fill with maybe a lesser player

On March 3, 2007, Adalius Thomas signed a 5-year contract with the New England Patriots worth $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money

Brock
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM

I'm admittedly not a 3-4 expert, but it sure sounds like this guy knows what he's talking about. I would be interested to hear takes on this from some of the knowledgeable people on this forum.

It is interesting, and probably true. Even if true, I'd be looking at a replacement for Vrabel or another WR before I'd spend a first round pick on a RT.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2011, 06:42 PM

He's not exactly Willie Anderson, or even Jeff Otah, at RT. I don't see the reward relative to the cost of investment.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Who is the best player at least 6'3 260 lbs that can rush the passer, isn't a ghetto thug, and was a team captain? That'll likely be the pick.

Ryan Kerrigan. I think it would be a good pick, and if he's there, I'd be shocked if he wasn't the guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
It's bullshit that Tyson Jackson is some kind of rare athlete. He's just not. He's a height/weight guy. He's not strong at the point of attack, and he's not explosive off the edge. He's never going to be Richard Seymour, that ship has sailed. It was a terrible comp to begin with. He could maybe, maybe be Ty Warren, but even that could be a stretch. At this point, you'd have to hope that he could be Jarvis Green, which is even then a little optimistic.

L.A. Chieffan
01-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Sorry but that dude said tjax was the right pick at 3 because of the system. He can gfh.

suzzer99
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
OK but how about the argument that we don't need another pass-rushing LB?

Brock
01-18-2011, 07:28 PM

It's valid, BUT, the guy who's not the primary pass rusher at OLB still needs to be able to get after the QB on occasion. The Chiefs have Hali and that's it.

milkman
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM

It varies by team and talent.

Shaun Phillips was getting 8-10 sacks on the other side of Merriman when Merriman was roiding sacks.

Crennel used to used to send either Willie McGinnest or Mike Vrabel, but both were also fairly accomplished in pass coverage, as well.

Essentially, you have to use the available talent to generate a pass rush.

The Chiefs don't have that DE that can get after the QB consistently, so they will need to add an OLB that can complement Hali.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Unless we draft Adrian Clayborn, Allen Bailey, or Cameron Heyward to replace Jackson (no chance in hell), I don't see us adding anyone on the DL who could get to the QB.

suzzer99
01-18-2011, 11:32 PM
It's valid, BUT, the guy who's not the primary pass rusher at OLB still needs to be able to get after the QB on occasion. The Chiefs have Hali and that's it.

So we should he looking more for a young Vrabel-type, which you don't really need to pick up in Rd. 1.

doomy3
01-19-2011, 12:07 AM
He's not exactly Willie Anderson, or even Jeff Otah, at RT. I don't see the reward relative to the cost of investment.

I admittedly don't know a ton about Costanza. I haven't watched one BC game. However, if there is a guy who could be a stud RT for us, or possibly even a LT, then I would be fine drafting him at 21.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2011, 02:50 AM

LMAO This is what happens when you had the all-world line like the one we used to have instead of being known for having a history of great...wait for it...what was that position again?

Oh yeah, THAT position.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2011, 02:58 AM
It's bullshit that Tyson Jackson is some kind of rare athlete. He's just not. He's a height/weight guy. He's not strong at the point of attack, and he's not explosive off the edge. He's never going to be Richard Seymour, that ship has sailed. It was a terrible comp to begin with. He could maybe, maybe be Ty Warren, but even that could be a stretch. At this point, you'd have to hope that he could be Jarvis Green, which is even then a little optimistic.

What kind of mind, after witnessing the NFL FAIL of that LSU team overall, gives a number fucking three pick and contract to Tyson Jackson????

For the love of FUCK! It's hard to even find the words...

spanky 52
01-19-2011, 05:50 AM
What kind of mind, after witnessing the NFL FAIL of that LSU team overall, gives a number ****ing three pick and contract to Tyson Jackson????

For the love of ****! It's hard to even find the words...

That would be the 2010 NFL executive of the year. The same great mind that brought the Chief's Alex Magee, Colin Brown, Quinten Lawrence, Donald Washington, Jake O'connell, Dexter McCluster and Javier Arenas. Okay there's still hope for McCluster and Arenas but I have my doubts.

Los Pollos Hermanos
01-19-2011, 08:05 AM
That would be the 2010 NFL executive of the year. The same great mind that brought the Chief's Alex Magee, Colin Brown, Quinten Lawrence, Donald Washington, Jake O'connell, Dexter McCluster and Javier Arenas. Okay there's still hope for McCluster and Arenas but I have my doubts.

Am I missing something? I thought Arenas played very well in the nickel.

spanky 52
01-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Am I missing something? I thought Arenas played very well in the nickel.

He did okay at nickel back. But my problem is you don't use a second round pick for that position. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.

The Franchise
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
What about Kamerion Wimbley? He's a FA this year. Stick him on the opposite side of Hali.

Saul Good
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM

The best football post in the history of CP was a quote from another site. Figures...

Saul Good
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM

It varies by team and talent.

Shaun Phillips was getting 8-10 sacks on the other side of Merriman when Merriman was roiding sacks.

Crennel used to used to send either Willie McGinnest or Mike Vrabel, but both were also fairly accomplished in pass coverage, as well.

Essentially, you have to use the available talent to generate a pass rush.

The Chiefs don't have that DE that can get after the QB consistently, so they will need to add an OLB that can complement Hali.

Getting sacks from your strong side OLB is more about scheme than personnel. The Chiefs got consistent pressure on the QB without blitzing, but we still couldn't stop the run nor cover the middle of the field. You don't solve our defensive problems by drafting a LB based on his ability to rush the passer.

Brock
01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
So we should he looking more for a young Vrabel-type, which you don't really need to pick up in Rd. 1.

It depends. I haven't begun studying for this year's draft, so I don't really know how it's going to fall yet. I would say if you can get Aaron Curry type talent at 21, it's a good value.

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM

When our offensive tackles are piles of monkey shit, it's an obvious need in the eyes of people evaluating the team.

And then when we only draft one guy, a true guard (after signing Ryan Lilja who plays the exact same position) in the third round, over the last two drafts - which were considered the most talent rich in terms of offensive tackle talent, you could expect that people will continue to look at the Chiefs and see a need at that position.

It's a position of significant importance. It's a position that is usually addressed by teams in the higher rounds.

I wonder if there is some rule here on CP that people must bitch and whine about the Chiefs potentially taking an offensive tackle in the first round, especially when it's blatantly obvious that they need to upgrade the talent at that position.

Costanzo is a quality player. He's got a lot of experience at the left tackle position in a pro style set. He's pretty athletic and gets after guys. He can get into the second level effectively. He shows more skill right now than either of our current starting tackles.

It's a pretty good pick if the Chiefs decided to go that route.

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Gonna go out on a limb and say there might be more important positions to be had with a first round pick there.

More important than offensive tackle?

Name one, other than quarterback.

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM

Mark Herzlich showed a ton in the 2011 Kraft bowl game. The guy was a sure fire first rounder two years ago, but the cancer issue will have obvioulsy dropped him to the mid-rounds. The guy is an absolute beast and was all over the field against Nevada.

Big and athletic, he's a prototype for the strong side linebacker spot in a 3-4 defense.

If he was there in the third or fourth, it would be a steal for the Chiefs.

http://sportcitychefs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/herzl...jpg

Brock
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
More important than offensive tackle?

Name one, other than quarterback.

Not this again. RT is no better than the 3rd or 4th priority on this team's list of needs. We're not replacing Albert, despite what you might think of him. (again)

suzzer99
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
It depends. I haven't begun studying for this year's draft, so I don't really know how it's going to fall yet. I would say if you can get Aaron Curry type talent at 21, it's a good value.

Ugh, he did not look impressive out there last week.

Brock
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Ugh, he did not look impressive out there last week.

You get what I'm saying, though.

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Mark Herzlich showed a ton in the 2011 Kraft bowl game. The guy was a sure fire first rounder two years ago, but the cancer issue will have obvioulsy dropped him to the mid-rounds. The guy is an absolute beast and was all over the field against Nevada.

Big and athletic, he's a prototype for the strong side linebacker spot in a 3-4 defense.

If he was there in the third or fourth, it would be a steal for the Chiefs.

http://sportcitychefs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/herzl...jpg

This guy is coming top KC, and will be a big piece for us in the middle.

I'd be shocked if we don't draft him.

suzzer99
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
The best football post in the history of CP was a quote from another site. Figures...

Actually that was from Arrowhead Club (home of the world-famous ChiefsInsider!), which is almost entirely over-run by 12-year olds (seemingly) and trolls. After each game there are about 50 threads calling for the immediate dismissal of anyone who had a bad game.

The post I quoted got about 8 responses because no one on that forum has any idea what to do with actual football content.

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Not this again. RT is no better than the 3rd or 4th priority on this team's list of needs. We're not replacing Albert, despite what you might think of him. (again)

His boy Okung looked amazing last week, didn't you see?!

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 02:05 PM

Until they address the issue, it will be this again.

I understand that the team still has a lot of holes, but you can't possibly deny that offensive tackle isn't one of them. Albert has shown no progression in his game and it's been three years of starting. He's a liability on the blindside as he can't move his feet to stay with the speed rushers and has horrible hand/arm work. The guy simply lunges at people and is consistently off balance. Against the better defensive linemen and linebackers, he gets worked over - hard.

And both Richardson and O'Murphy are even worse.

And like I said for the past two years, the Chiefs should have addressed the issue when they had the chance. Monroe. Okung. Oher. Shit, they could have had a number of guys in the second round last year that would have been immediate contributors. Beadles instead of McCluster would have been a huge boon to this team in terms of building a solid foundation.

I agree that the center position needs to be addressed. However, Wiegmann was hands down our best offensive lineman last season. Vrabel also needs to be replaced, but he sure played better at his position than either Albert or Richardson did at theirs.

We obviously need an option at the second receiver spot, but it doesn't matter if our quarterback is running for his life and can't throw the ball anyway. (If the Lions were able to keep a quarterback upright this past season (all three of their quarterbacks ended up on the injured list at some point during the season) they would have had a much better year than they did.)

If you can't protect your quarterback and can't sustain a drive, you aren't going to win. Go back and watch the Chiefs versus the Raiders and Ravens game to see what happens in such an scenario.

The Chiefs can't sustain a drive. The offensive tackle positions have been ignored (or, in the singular case of Albert, were improperly/poorly drafted for by Carl and Herm).

The Chiefs have drafted two offensive line players in the first three rounds of the draft over the past decade. Two. Only two in ten plus years. Albert and Asamoah. Both of them were guards. No offensive tackle has been drafted in the first three rounds by the Chiefs since 1999. A position that most experts feel is the second most important position on a football team behind the quarterback.

If they aren't fixed, you can put all the candy you want on the defensive side of the ball and it's not going to matter one iota.

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
His boy Okung looked amazing last week, didn't you see?!

As opposed to the alternative? Yeah, Albert was spectacular against the Raiders and Ravens. Hall of Fame level production. It certainly warranted keeping him as the Chiefs blind side protector for the next decade. I'm thoroughly impressed with his progression through three years of starting at the left tackle position in the NFL.

Brock
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Sure, draft some offensive linemen. One, or maybe even two. Not first rounders. And honestly, a team with a top 3 rushing attack and a sack-prone QB who's sacked 30 percent less than he was the year before doesn't need to make offensive line top priority.

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
This guy is coming top KC, and will be a big piece for us in the middle.

I'd be shocked if we don't draft him.

Herzich is a strong side outside linebacker. Always has been. He's very adept at both run and pass coverage and has the speed and strength to rush the quarterback. It would be a waste of his skills to use him as a run plugging Mike backer and Johnson was extremely good at the Will spot this past season.

You draft Herzlich as the SAM backer, Vrabel's replacement, not as an inside backer.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Sure, draft some offensive linemen. One, or maybe even two. Not first rounders. And honestly, a team with a top 3 rushing attack and a sack-prone QB who's sacked 30 percent less than he was the year before doesn't need to make offensive line top priority.

No shit. Seems your "playmakers" are generally best found int he first three rounds, and the road graders show up later. (And relax, sac, I know there's exceptions to every rule)

I hope our first three rounds are OLB, NT, and either WR or ILB, provided we don't score a guy or two in free agency.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
And mark me down as a fan of Herzlich, as well. I'd take him in the second, DEFINTIELY in the third.

Saccopoo
01-19-2011, 02:45 PM

It was all about the scheme, which was devised due to two things:

1. A quarterback who had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long, and:

2. An incredibly bad offensive line.

They had Cassel minimize his step back, throwing to screens and slants to get the ball out before pressure could get to him. It's why they drafted McCluster over other obvious needs - to give Cassel a shifty, fast quick dump off option in the short passing game.

As well, Charles is simply a very gifted runner that has the speed and vision and patience to get outside and take advantage of a stretched defense to get big gains.

However, against a better defense that has better speed, it somewhat nullifies Charles abilities and exploits the lack of talent and skill at our offensive tackle positions.

As well, the Chiefs 2010 schedule had them face a number of teams that are not very talented on the defensive line and were the worst in the league in defending the run (listed by the NFL ranking in giving up rushing yardage):

1. Buffalo
2. Denver
3. Arizona
4. Oakland
6. Cleveland
8. Indianapolis
11. Jacksonville
12. Seattle
13. Tennessee
16. St. Louis

Half of the Chiefs 2010 schedule saw them matched up with the worst running defenses in the league.

As well, remember when everyone started to bitch about Jones sucking and that Charles should get all the carries? It's not that Jones sucks. He gets 1000+ yards everywhere. It's that our offensive line can't effectively drive block anyone and Jones is not a east-west runner in the mold of Charles.

Add to that, the 2010 schedule had the Chiefs play seven games against teams who were in the top ten in the NFL in terms of least overall sacks.

Conversely, when they faced two of the top three teams in terms of sacks in four games this year (Oakland and San Diego), they lost three out of four of those games.

By implying that the Chiefs offensive line is good because they had a "top three rushing attack" and that Cassel was sacked 30% less than the year before is substantially misleading.

It's a bad offensive line at the most critical positions (offensive tackles), and rapidly aging where it has it's most talent (guards and center).

It's a mess, and it hasn't been properly addressed other than drafting Asamoah who plays the exact same RG position as Lilja.

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
LMAO

We have a horrendous line that produced the #1 rushing attack in the NFL. WE SUCK AND NEED OKUNG!!

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
As opposed to the alternative? Yeah, Albert was spectacular against the Raiders and Ravens. Hall of Fame level production. It certainly warranted keeping him as the Chiefs blind side protector for the next decade. I'm thoroughly impressed with his progression through three years of starting at the left tackle position in the NFL.

Hali made Oher look like Roaf too, did you see that? :deevee:

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 03:51 PM

Yes they do! Okung, Monroe and Oher are 1st ballot HOF and if we had taken them both Mark Castle would be first ballot and our D would make the 2000 Ravens look like pussies.

CoMoChief
Well he has a point. Our Oline was hysterically awful against teams that were good rushing the passer.

We need Oline depth almost as bad as we need WR depth. I'd be disappointed if those weren't our first 2 picks, or at least address one of those positions in FA, depending on the CBA.

Bewbies
Herzich is a strong side outside linebacker. Always has been. He's very adept at both run and pass coverage and has the speed and strength to rush the quarterback. It would be a waste of his skills to use him as a run plugging Mike backer and Johnson was extremely good at the Will spot this past season.

You draft Herzlich as the SAM backer, Vrabel's replacement, not as an inside backer.

Ok.

CoMoChief
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Hali made Oher look like Roaf too, did you see that? :deevee:

Not really, Oher was holding Hali all game.

And I'm not just being a homer either....I havent seen anyone get held more this season than Hali.

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Well he has a point. Our Oline was hysterically awful against teams that were good rushing the passer.

We need Oline depth almost as bad as we need WR depth. I'd be disappointed if those weren't our first 2 picks, or at least address one of those positions in FA, depending on the CBA.

I think we should take O-line with all our picks. Super Bowl!

keg in kc
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
They have plenty of o-line depth. Were I the chiefs, I'd look at the interior line and not tackle. Wiegmann wears down about 3/4 of the way through the season (he can't keep his weight up, historically) and Waters has been on the decline for several years, pro bowl or no. Maybe look at right tackle.

And they don't necessarily have to use a draft pick to address any line position.

I might look at the coaching as well.

Bewbies
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Not really, Oher was holding Hali all game.

And I'm not just being a homer either....I havent seen anyone get held more this season than Hali.

Clearly you need to turn your sarcasm meter on. Hali owned him.

suzzer99
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Kiper has us taking Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State as an NT. I'm surprised there's no thread about this yet.

milkman
01-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Getting sacks from your strong side OLB is more about scheme than personnel. The Chiefs got consistent pressure on the QB without blitzing, but we still couldn't stop the run nor cover the middle of the field. You don't solve our defensive problems by drafting a LB based on his ability to rush the passer.

Did you happen to notice that I said that Crennel used to send "either" Vrabel or McGiginnest, essentially pointing out the fact that it was about scheme?

He used to send the inside backers, as well, dropping Vrabel and McGinnest in coverage, but I was specifically addressing his question about the OLB.

jd1020
01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Kiper has us taking Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State as an NT. I'm surprised there's no thread about this yet.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/laPi34hC6UU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Is he big enough to do the job in a 3-4 at NT? He definitely has a nice bull rush but thats about it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Johnson was not the Will backer in this system, he was the Mike. Belcher was the Ted backer, Vrabel was the Sam and Hali was the Will/Jack.

Chiefshrink
01-20-2011, 12:36 AM
It's all about winning 'now' in the NFL as you know. Pioli sits back and ranks his biggest needs from 1 to ?(you fill in the blank).

Then after he ranks his biggest needs he figures out what holes have to be filled by FA that a rookie can't give now(if he can find and sign) and what holes can afford a draft pick to be groomed for the future.

Based on what type of position players whether FA or the draft and where they were taken will tell you indirectly Pioli's perspective on the Chiefs IMO.

Obviously last yr Pioli thought enough of Berry's playmaking ability and character to take a Safety at 5(which is unusually high for a safety) and the Chiefs in Pioli's mind were most desperate for defensive playmaking ability and leadership for the future.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Paea would be a very good pick. He's a powerful sumbitch, too, so even though he's not 350, he should be able to hold his own at the POA and engage multiple blockers.

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Paea would be a very good pick. He's a powerful sumbitch, too, so even though he's not 350, he should be able to hold his own at the POA and engage multiple blockers.

He is strong as an ox, only trouble is what is his weight? I have seen 285, 290, 295 or 315. All recently. He is a hell of a football player, my concern does he have the weight to play the 3-4 in this scheme. He would in the Wade Phillips 3-4 system.

Chiefs=Champions
01-20-2011, 02:16 AM
He is strong as an ox, only trouble is what is his weight? I have seen 285, 290, 295 or 315. All recently. He is a hell of a football player, my concern does he have the weight to play the 3-4 in this scheme. He would in the Wade Phillips 3-4 system.

This. I think in our system a big fatass would be way more beneficial.

googlegoogle
01-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Dallas doesn't use a a huge NT.

suzzer99
01-20-2011, 04:51 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/laPi34hC6UU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Is he big enough to do the job in a 3-4 at NT? He definitely has a nice bull rush but thats about it.

That's interesting, I thought Blount was suspended for all of 2009, but he's in that game. Anyway it might be interesting to compare the civil war from this year to see if he looks bigger or contains a little better on runs. Still he made some monster plays.

Los Pollos Hermanos
01-20-2011, 05:58 AM
That's interesting, I thought Blount was suspended for all of 2009, but he's in that game. Anyway it might be interesting to compare the civil war from this year to see if he looks bigger or contains a little better on runs. Still he made some monster plays.

He played in the last three games of 2009.

the Talking Can
01-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Albert is a damn good run blocker, that still struggles with some quicker DEs. He just isn't on the top 5 of my priority list to replace. At some point could he still end up getting moved inside? Yeah, but I'd be shocked if they do it next year. He's good enough for a good QB.

Richardson...I have no problem trying to upgrade him. He's more inconsistent than Albert, and less naturally talented.

Center...yes please, someone young and strong

We got Berry last year, thank jesus. So you can have whatever OL you want, sac.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Albert would look better if Wiegmann and Lilja didn't give up so much ground in the middle.

I know it's popular to bash on Waters, but his play was much better last year than the previous two, and he was our best OL by far. Asamoah should replace Lilja, and we absolutely need a new center.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2011, 09:30 AM

The one I see most often is 6'1 311.

BigCatDaddy
01-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't think our offensive line is a problem. Asamoah will step in at guard next year so we need a Center and maybe RT although I think Richardson is a damn good run blocker.

Cassell has to hold on to the ball because we really don't have any WR's capable of getting seperation from the DB's.

While the team speed has improved some it's still something that needs to be addressed through the draft or FA at WR and at LB.

jd1020
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Kiper also picked Mallet to go #25 to Seattle. I'm not a big Mallet fan. He's big, he has the arm, improved his accuracy, but still makes those "Favre" plays. However, if he dropped to the Chiefs, with no backup QB and doubt with Cassel, and we reach with Paea at NT I will seriously lose my shit with this organization. I really can't come up with any reason to not take Mallet if he's there at 21. The top 2 OLB's are likely gone. The top 2 receivers are likely gone. Would we really use our first round pick on the O/D-line with a QB on the board again?

Frosty
01-20-2011, 10:27 AM

As an Oregon State fan, I would love to have Paea on the Chiefs. However, I just don't see him as a NT in Crennel's scheme.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I still like the idea of trading Cassel to Minnesota for a 1st and some other picks, then packaging the 12th overall to move up and get Gabbert.

But that will never happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I still like the idea of trading Cassel to Minnesota for a 1st and some other picks, then packaging the 12th overall to move up and get Gabbert.

Trade away the greatest Pro Bowl alternate of ALL-TIME?!?!?

For shame./Pioli

jd1020
01-20-2011, 10:31 AM

That was my initial idea with the 1st but that was also with the assumption that McDaniels was going to Minnesota. As it stands now, I'd prefer to trade down because I do not expect Mallet to be there at #21 and I just dont see anyone still on the board that would be worth it to not trade down for more picks.

the Talking Can
01-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Cassel is our QB for at least 3 more years

and if we draft one, it'll be in the 5th at best

just kill the part of you that hopes to ever see this franchise draft and develop a first rounder...it is NEVER going to happen

jd1020
01-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Cassel is our QB for at least 3 more years

and if we draft one, it'll be in the 5th at best

just kill the part of you that hopes to ever see this franchise draft and develop a first rounder...it is NEVER going to happen

Why would I ever kill my hope for this team pulling its head out of its own ass?

the Talking Can
01-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Why would I ever kill my hope for this team pulling its head out of its own ass?

it's the only way to remain sane, at some point...speaking for myself

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Its really a shame bc with the talent we are getting and have on the roster we could be the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s, instead we are going to be the Chiefs of the 90s.

suzzer99
01-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Its really a shame bc with the talent we are getting and have on the roster we could be the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s, instead we are going to be the Chiefs of the 90s.

:banghead:

While I mostly agree with this, you still need an amazing degree of luck to draft Troy Aikman. And since we're probably not going to have a top 3 pick, or even a top 10 pick to deal for a while, the odds of us plucking an elite QB in the draft go down even further. And yet as long as those odds might be, they're nowhere near as long as the odds most of us would have wanted to bet on Cassel making the pro-bowl this year.

And yet it happened. So who knows, if he makes even half the leap this year he made last year, he could work out.

Optimisim.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Just pay the dpishit his roster bonus, and let's get on with the suck-parade...

keg in kc
01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Just pay the dpishit his roster bonus, and let's get on with the suck-parade...And then you wake up to reality.

BigCatDaddy
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Trade up for Gabbert? Shouldn't a guy at least by pretty good in college before blowing a first on him? Sorry in advance to all the MU homers on the site.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
And then you wake up to reality.

Horrible, unholy reality...

doomy3
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM

You are comparing our current team with the Cowboys' dynasty? Really?

Bowser
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Trade up for Gabbert? Shouldn't a guy at least by pretty good in college before blowing a first on him? Sorry in advance to all the MU homers on the site.

I think with Gabbert you'd be drafting on potential. I don't think he's a guy you start his first year in the pros, but let him sit and get comfortable playing in a pro-style offense. He's got all the intangibles - size, strength, a howitzer for an arm, shown he can thread needles to complete passes, has enough speed to make plays with his feet if need be....

Not comparing him to Steve McNair, but I think letting him sit his first year and take it all in like McNair did will pay dividends for the team that ends up taking him. Carolina could do worse, even with those two D-Linemen sitting there, then letting Gabbert watch Clausen for a year.

BigCatDaddy
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I think with Gabbert you'd be drafting on potential. I don't think he's a guy you start his first year in the pros, but let him sit and get comfortable playing in a pro-style offense. He's got all the intangibles - size, strength, a howitzer for an arm, shown he can thread needles to complete passes, has enough speed to make plays with his feet if need be....

Not comparing him to Steve McNair, but I think letting him sit his first year and take it all in like McNair did will pay dividends for the team that ends up taking him. Carolina could do worse, even with those two D-Linemen sitting there, then letting Gabbert watch Clausen for a year.

That's very possible, but I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on that. IMO he is behind where Bradford, Ryan, Stafford, and Sanchez were coming out. They had the tools and were much more accomplished college QB's and just looked better on film. He is more on par with Josh Freeman and Joe Flacco, which don't look like bad picks, but didn't warrant a top 10 selection at the time.

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
You are comparing our current team with the Cowboys' dynasty? Really?

I think we are building a roster that will be very similar to that one sans the QB position.

suzzer99
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Needs more Larry Allen imo.

Chiefnj2
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I think we are building a roster that will be very similar to that one sans the QB position.

Which players match up?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Which players match up?

I think it's more of an overall "young team loaded with elite talent" feel.

reschief
01-21-2011, 01:22 PM
21. Kansas City, Anthony Castonzo, RT, Boston College: This is a very talented player and he’d be a terrific fit and an upgrade from current starter Barry Richardson.

So, how does Castonzo measure up with this guy:

21. Kansas City Chiefs -- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Carimi fell throughout the course of the year in some draft experts' eyes, but he's big and tough, and fits the mold of a Chiefs lineman.

-from Andrew Perloff, S.I. com

keg in kc
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Which players match up?Not so far fetched, at least skill player wise. Charles is a different kind of back from Emmitt, but he's elite. Bowe could be Irvin. Moeaki could be Novacek. They don't really have a Moose Johnston or an Alvin Harper, though. And I don't think the line is anywhere close to the level of Tuinei, Newton, Stepnoski, Gesek/Gogan and Williams.

Defensively, they play a different scheme, so it's harder to go player by player. I've slept a bit since then, but I don't remember them having a single (as in one guy) pass rusher on the level of Hali; he produced this year on about the same level as Tolbert and Haley combined as 43 DEs (although I guess Haley blew up by the 3rd super bowl, looking back). Dorsey would be about on the level of Maryland or Casillas, I'd guess, but they'd definitely have us at tackle. I don't really remember much about the Cowboys linebackers from back then, other than Ken Norton and I think Dixon Edwards. They had a good secondary, but the one here will I think be better.

There's a lot of talent here. They have some holes to fill, sure, but there's a better core in place than KC's had in a long time.

spanky 52
01-21-2011, 01:46 PM

Carimi fell throughout the course of the year in some draft experts' eyes, but he's big and tough, and fits the mold of a Chiefs lineman.

No expert but I don't think I'd want Carimi playing LT for me. Costonzo could probably do it if he bulked up a little. Carimi would probably do okay at RT for the Chiefs but I don't think we should go there with the first pick. I like the C Wisniewski out of Penn St or OLB Houston out of Georgia. Both should be there when we pick.

We're going to be playing some pass happy teams next year so Houston would look good across from Hali. At the same time most of these teams have some monsters on their DL so I'd prefer somebody bigger than Weigman at C. And somebody that's 15 or 16 years younger.

reschief
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I like the C Wisniewski out of Penn St or OLB Houston out of Georgia. Both should be there when we pick.

I agree. The Perloff mock (don't know whether it's close to valid or not) has Wisniewski & Houston gone before our pick. But I also rememer how Webster came in as the old vet to teach the center position for us. Seems logical Wisniewski could learn from Weigmann . . .if we go with a center.

Los Pollos Hermanos
01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I like the C Wisniewski out of Penn St or OLB Houston out of Georgia. Both should be there when we pick.

I agree. The Perloff mock (don't know whether it's close to valid or not) has Wisniewski & Houston gone before our pick. But I also rememer how Webster came in as the old vet to teach the center position for us. Seems logical Wisniewski could learn from Weigmann . . .if we go with a center.

The opening post has Wisniewski going in the second round.

Saccopoo
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM

I thought Carimi looked pretty darn good to close out the season. We was really solid in the Badgers bowl game against TCU. He doesn't have the finesse of Costanzo, who really has excellent footwork and uses his hands and arms extremely well. (But Carimi does have very good footwork as well for a guy of his size and length.)

Carimi is enormous and could play either side of the line, but is most likely a right tackle in the NFL while Costanzo looks to be a pure left tackle. Wisconsin uses a power back pro set and Gabe did a lot of drive blocking over the course of his four years starting at LT for the Badgers.

Saccopoo
01-21-2011, 03:31 PM

I don't think Wisniewski is in the same league as Maukice Pouncey last year or Alex Mack the year before. It would be a real stretch to take him in the first round considering that there are some quality centers available again this year such as Colin Baxter of Arizona, Zane Taylor of Utah, Jake Kirkpatrick of TCU, etc.

The guy that is really interesting is Kris O'Dowd. He's this years version of Tony Moeaki - incredibly talented, but he's been consistently injured his entire college career. If he didn't have the injury history, he'd easily be the top center in this class.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Which players match up?

What Hamas and keg said below is my thoughts. Mainly a bunch of young elite talent on one roster.

reschief
01-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't think Wisniewski is in the same league as Maukice Pouncey last year or Alex Mack the year before. It would be a real stretch to take him in the first round considering that there are some quality centers available again this year such as Colin Baxter of Arizona, Zane Taylor of Utah, Jake Kirkpatrick of TCU, etc.

The guy that is really interesting is Kris O'Dowd. He's this years version of Tony Moeaki - incredibly talented, but he's been consistently injured his entire college career. If he didn't have the injury history, he'd easily be the top center in this class.

So it's possible we get a quality tackle and center in this draft? hmm. . .maybe the Chiefs can stay at the top of rushing in the NFL despite a much tougher schedule (assuming there is a season).

Spaguegalgace
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I like the C Wisniewski out of Penn St or OLB Houston out of Georgia. Both should be there when we pick. I agree. The Perloff mock (don't know whether it's close to valid or not) has Wisniewski &amp; Houston gone before our pick. But I also rememer how Webster came in as the old vet to teach the center position for us. Seems logical Wisniewski could learn from Weigmann . . .if we go with a center.

I agree with you!
I am new here! I am PAM

Los Pollos Hermanos
01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree with you!
I am new here! I am PAM

I'm betting your real name is SPAM.

Sent from my iPhone

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2011, 08:34 PM

That's true, and I would have loved to have picked him with one of our seconds last year, but his injuries have really deteriorated the quality of his play. There's a difference between someone who is injury prone and someone who isn't the same because of his injuries.