PDA

View Full Version : East-West Shrine Game

philfree
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Coming up this weekend so here's the link to official site for those interested.

http://www.shrinegame.com/

I think there enough good players that this game is worth keeping an eye on. Guys like Dontay Moch.

PhilFree:arrow:

Frosty
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
If you are a real college all-star game junky, there is also the new Eastham Energy College Football All Star Game on Sunday, the 23rd.

http://www.easthamallstargame.com/

Coogs
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Coming up this weekend so here's the link to official site for those interested.

http://www.shrinegame.com/

I think there enough good players that this game is worth keeping an eye on. Guys like Dontay Moch.

PhilFree:arrow:

There was a time when the East/West Shrine game was the premire all-star game. I hated it when it kind of faded away. However, it looks to be making a comeback, as those rosters look nearly as good as what the Senior Bowl has to offer.

Frosty
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
There was a time when the East/West Shrine game was the premire all-star game. I hated it when it kind of faded away. However, it looks to be making a comeback, as those rosters look nearly as good as what the Senior Bowl has to offer.

With the Hula Bowl gone, the Shrine game is becoming Senior Bowl Lite. I don't know if it is scouted as much, though.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
practice reports:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/EastWest-Shrine-game-notebook.html

Tribal Warfare
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Jeff Maehl, now that kid was money in the National Championship

Coogs
01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Game is at 3:00 PM Central time today. NFLNetwork. 2:30 Pre-Game show.

Head to head against college hoops, so I'll probably switch back and forth some.

keg in kc
01-22-2011, 11:32 AM
It would be really nice if time-warner would ever work out a deal with NFLN.

Bowser
01-22-2011, 01:52 PM
It would be really nice if time-warner would ever work out a deal with NFLN.

PRINCIPLES! THEY HAVE PRINCIPLES!

bowener
01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Anybody know of any streams?

Saccopoo
01-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Barksdale, the OT out of LSU bears watching in terms of Chiefs interests/needs.

Others that I like for the Chiefs:

Ryan Whalen, WR; Stanford
Vai Taua, FB/RB; Nevada
Scott Tolzien, QB; Wisconsin
Kenny Rowe, OLB; Oregon
Chris Hairston, OT; Clemson
Pat Devlin, QB; Delaware
Terrance Toliver, WR; LSU
Brandon Bair, DE/DT; Oregon

Frankie
01-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Topic related:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/1/22/1949855/gearing-up-for-kansas-city-chiefs-draft-talk

Wilson8
01-22-2011, 05:10 PM
If you are watching the game or have it recorded, watch UCF OT Jah Reid. He is #76 and alternates at RT for the East (white) team. He is 6'7" 325 lbs with 34 in arms. Mike Mayock says he has played very well this week (one of the most impressive players) and looks like a 4th or 5th round pick. During this game he has dominated the DE and looks like he has good feet and gets down field for blocking. Only one game, but he has looked pretty good.

Wilson8
01-22-2011, 05:58 PM
If you watch highlights from the UCF 2010 Houston, Rice and ECU game, #76 Jah Reid looks good with his run and pass blocking at RT. I know this is not the most important requirement, but he was also a team captain for UCF. Also if you watch game highlights of UCF, watch DE/OLB Bruce Miller #49. Neither of these guys are early round draft picks, but both can be good football players in the NFL.

Wilson8
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Jah Reid Continues Hard Work

ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - The thought had already crossed Jah Reid's mind several times in what was his last year of college football, but being surrounded this week by some of the nation's most elite players, the offensive tackle can't stop thinking about how far he's come as a football player.

Once 370 pounds and at best a project as a collegiate player at UCF - the only school to offer him a football scholarship - Reid worked tirelessly for five years to dramatically change his body and develop his enormous skills. These days, the 6-foot-7, 325-pound Reid is a legitimate pro prospect likely to be selected in the spring NFL Draft and to play on Sundays next fall.

``I know now that this is a great opportunity that I have been blessed with,'' said Reid, a two-time first-team All-Conference USA performer at UCF. ``With my size and physical abilities, I just need to keep working every day and getting better. I'm just so thankful for all the blessings that I've had along the way to get me to this point.''

This point is a spot in Saturday's 86th annual East-West Shrine Game at the Florida Citrus Bowl in downtown Orlando. Reid is on the East roster along with UCF standout defensive end Bruce Miller. A redshirted player in 2007, Reid never played in the Citrus Bowl when UCF used to play games there, but he will wrap up his collegiate career in the aging downtown facility before 30 family and friends in what will be a fitting finish.

``I've been in here during games, but I never played here. It's kind of neat to end where I started,'' said Reid, a native of nearby Haines City. ``I guess this is my last game as a collegiate player and it's neat that it's in Orlando and in the Citrus Bowl and a lot of my friends and family can come and watch me play.''

Long-time NFL coach Dan Reeves, the head coach of the East squad, has been watching Reid play this week in practice and he's been impressed with the right tackle's combination of size and athletic ability.

``He's really big and that's the first thing that you've got to have,'' Reeves said. ``He's done well this week in practice. He's got a real chance at the next level because of his size.''

With his massive frame, his basketball player-like footwork and enormous wingspan, Reid is, in many ways, a prototypical right tackle. Of course, that wasn't always the case what with Reid badly out of shape and somewhat of a finesse player upon getting to college. But UCF coach George O'Leary said that Reid made as much progress as any player he's ever coached, going from project to projected NFL tackle.

``He's like an offensive linemen that you would build in a factory,'' said Miller, who has worked at defensive end and linebacker this week during workouts in front of roughly 50 NFL scouts and personnel. ``Jah is big, he moves his feet so well, he keeps his head down, he doesn't ever fuss about anything and he really likes to block. The coaches and scouts out here love him and for good reason.''

Reid and Miller, two of UCF's captains on their Liberty Bowl-winning squad this season, missed each other in workouts early in the week, but were matched up several times on Wednesday and Thursday. Miller has raved at how some of the nation's best defensive linemen, such as North Carolina's Marvin Austin, have struggled to get any push at all against Reid in workouts.

Reid said he is looking at the workouts ``like a job interview,'' and this is his chance to show scouts that he can help a team with his ability to move well enough to pass block while also being powerful enough to run block in the trenches.

``Bruce and I have been going against each other quite a bit, more than I expected really. It's kind of like UCF practice out there and not a lot of fun going against Bruce,'' Reid said with a laugh. ``But we're all just trying to do what we can to get better and show what we can do.

``It's good to know that I have a chance and that I have people looking at me,'' Reid continued. ``I hope they see that I bring something to the field with a lot of athletic ability and I just want to show them what I can do. Hopefully, I've done a good job showing the scouts this week.''

Following Saturday's game (kickoff is at 4 p.m.), Reid said plans to spend the weeks before the NFL Combine and NFL Draft in Kansas City working with former Pro Bowl lineman Will Shields. Reid feels that all of the growth that he made at UCF will show NFL teams that he is a willing worker who will come intent on getting better every day.

``I'll just go out in the game and have fun. This is neat, this last hurrah and it's for such a great cause,'' Reid said. ``What I did at UCF will definitely help me. I can take some hard coaching after what I went through at UCF and I'll be ready to come to practice and work hard every day.''

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/knights/spec-rel/012011aab.html

Wilson8
01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Jah Reid

tyton75
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM
he's built well for an O'Lineman... looks like a phat ass and long arms

The Franchise
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I'll take him.