PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink What's your favorite grilled cheese recipe?

Bob Dole
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Bob Dole was having a discussion with a couple of friends and it got Bob Dole all curious. This eclectic bunch is bound to have something better than just Velveeta on white...

Let's see 'em! (Please)

cmh6476
01-18-2011, 02:20 PM
butter, bread, american, grill

:shrug:

Slainte
01-18-2011, 02:20 PM
And this is another cool thread.

Phobia
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Bacon

NewChief
Fayetteville has a pretty killer grilled cheese restaurant now. These might give you some inspiration:

Sofa King

+

Soup and something tasty to drink

Saulbadguy
As long as it is served with a bowl of tomato soup, i'm good.

NewChief
01-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Fayetteville has a pretty killer grilled cheese restaurant now. These might give you some inspiration:

I like the Chupacabre and the Ozark Monte Cristo (though they need to serve the Monte Cristo with jam).

Frosty
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
There are recipes for this?

Butter two slices of wife's gluten-free bread, put slice of cheddar and a slice of provolone inside and grill until browned (but not dark brown/burnt). Even better with a slice of ham with the cheese.

blaise
01-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Once and a while I'll use provolone put a thin slice of apple in there, or some pickle. But generally I just use American and heat it on a pretty low temp and eat with tomato soup.

When I was a kid we called it toasted cheese, but when I said that to my coworkers in KC they said they never heard of that.

Frazod
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Doesn't it cease to become a grilled cheese sandwich if you put anything else on it?

Otter
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Simply Red hijacked Bob Dole's account.

Great Expectations
01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
I thought when you added meat it was no longer a grilled cheese, ex. adding a slice of ham makes it a grilled or melted ham and cheese.

KCUnited
01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
From the Westside Local (Farm to Table) here in KC:

Brie, emmental, local white Cheddar, sourdough with a tomato fennel soup.

Its $9 so I can't vouch for it.

loochy
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM

This. No frills and no crap.

mlyonsd
01-18-2011, 02:32 PM
If you have ripe tomatoes......

Usual grilled cheese with sliced tomato and bacon.

Grill it open faced so you can add the tomato right at the end before shutting her up.

Kind of a variation of the BLT.

Frosty
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I thought when you added meat it was no longer a grilled cheese, ex. adding a slice of ham makes it a grilled or melted ham and cheese.

Nope. It becomes grilled cheese, with ham. :D

BTW, people who put mayo on their grilled cheese are weird.

ModSocks
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
there are other ways? **** that.

I cook some bacon or Ham, butter one side of each slice of bread, throw some more butter down on the skillet, throw two slices of cheese and the meat of choice between the bread and grill.

And you can never have too much butter....or cheese.

Frosty
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
tthrow two slices of cheese and the meat of choice between the bread and grill.

You have to be sure to put the meat in between the slices of cheese, of course.

NewChief
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Here are some more from a great food blog I follow:

http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-top-10-grilled-cheese-sandwiches.html

My Top 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
from Closet Cooking by Kevin
2 people liked this

Today is grilled cheese sandwich day and I thought that I would take the opportunity commemorate the day by rounding up some of my favorites grilled cheese sandwich recipes. I was not at all surprised to find that I had well over ten grilled cheese sandwich recipes and that I would be able to do this roundup. I certainly have been enjoying experimenting with grilled cheese sandwiches!

Some might think that the grilled cheese sandwich is a little boring but I have been discovering that they can be quite exciting. The basic grilled cheese sandwich consists of bread, butter and cheese and it is grilled until it is golden brown and the cheese has melted. After starting with the basic recipe, feel free to experiment by changing the cheese or the bread and adding other things to the sandwich whether they are savoury or sweet. Here are a few of my favorite grilled cheese sandwich experiments.

Caramelized Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich - This has to be my favorite take on a grilled cheese sandwich so far! Apples and cheddar are a great flavour combo and this grilled cheese sandwich is a perfect example with the sweet and savoury coming together to form something greater than the sum of its parts.

Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich - The sweet and savoury combo appears several times in this roundup but lets not forget spicy! Kimchi packs a ton of flavour and it works really well with melted cheese! (This sandwich is the perfect hangover food.)

Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich - When you think about a grilled cheese sandwich you think of quick, simple and cheap but there is nothing stopping you from indulging every once in a while and this lobster grilled cheese certainly is decadent.

Onion Chutney Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Sweet and spicy chutneys are made to be wrapped in buttery grilled bread and smothered in melted cheese and this onion chutney grilled cheese is a perfect example.

Mushroom and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods and I could not resist using them in grilled cheese form! You really can't go wrong with sauteed and caramelized mushrooms wrapped in warm, melted ooey gooey cheese!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Mango and Cardamom Jam - When I first heard about using jam in a grilled cheese I was a bit surprised as I had never thought about it but it turns out to be quite good! I like to test out my new homemade jams in grilled cheese sandwiches.

Grilled Deviled Ham - Deviled ham is a new discovery, essentially a spicy ham salad, and it works really well when grilled up with melted cheese!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jam - This was another experiment with using jams in grilled cheese sandwiches and the spicy jalapeno green tomato jam made for a perfect combination of sweet, savoury and spicy in this grilled cheese sandwich!

Grilled Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich - Roast beef sandwiches are another of my favorites that are even better in grilled cheese form! The next time you have some roast beef leftovers, earmark some of them for a grilled roast beef sandwich with plenty of onions and peppers.

Grilled Turkey and Brie Sandwich with Cranberry Chutney - This turkey grilled cheese sandwich with cranberry chutney is another great way to use up some leftovers, turkey leftovers in this case, and the cranberry chutney and turkey combo makes you think of the holidays when eating it.

ModSocks
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Here are some more from a great food blog I follow:

http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-top-10-grilled-cheese-sandwiches.html

WTF man.

There is nothing "Boring" about a grilled cheese sandwich. The simplicity is part of what makes them so awesome.

And putting mushrooms on a grilled cheese sandwich? That's blasphemis.

kysirsoze
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Butter the outsides of the bread and roll it in crushed up potato chips. Unbelievable.

mlyonsd
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Butter the outsides of the bread and roll it in crushed up potato chips. Unbelievable.

Ok that's a new one I've never heard of.

ModSocks
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Mango and Cardamom jam on a GCS......jesus....

ModSocks
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM

That sounds pretty damn good.

NewChief
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Mango and Cardamom jam on a GCS......jesus....

It's a mango cardamom jam, not actual slices of mango and cardamom pods. Basically a chutney.

The whole ethnic fusion shit is big now.

Chiefs Rool
01-18-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll tell you what, I love me a good grilled cheese. Here is what I do when I feel like making a fantastic one.

Bread: White is probably the most common, but Sourdough or artisan bread is better IMO.
cheeses: you can go with just about any cheese you like that melts well. I like to spread the bread with cream cheese first on both sides (YUM!), then slices of cheddar, provolone and swiss. I like a nice 4 cheese all melting goodness into each other.

butter the bread on the outside and grill until it's melted!

For me, tomato soup with plenty of Sriracha mixed in with some basil and black pepper is the perfect addition to your grilled cheese sammich.

NewChief
01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
For me, tomato soup with plenty of Sriracha mixed in with some basil and black pepper is the perfect addition to your grilled cheese sammich.

This, this this. I always add Sriracha to my bowls of tomato soup now. Even better with a grilled cheese... also keeps my little kids from eating my soup... though it's funny as hell when they want a bite and won't take, "no, it's spicy" for an answer.

Frosty
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
I was raised on Campbell's soups, so Campbell's Tomato Soup is tomato soup to me (comfort food type of thing). One of my favorite lunches used to be grilled cheese, a bowl of tomato soup (with a crap ton of saltines, of course) and big glass of milk.

Since Campbell's insists on putting wheat in their soups, I can't eat that any more and haven't been able to find a decent replacement. All of the other ones that I have tried have tasted like Spaghetti-O's. :Lin:

I miss that.

NewChief
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I was raised on Campbell's soups, so Campbell's Tomato Soup is tomato soup to me (comfort food type of thing). One of my favorite lunches used to be grilled cheese, a bowl of tomato soup (with a crap ton of saltines, of course) and big glass of milk.

Since Campbell's insists on putting wheat in their soups, I can't eat that any more and haven't been able to find a decent replacement. All of the other ones that I have tried have tasted like Spaghetti-O's. :Lin:

I miss that.

I don't know about canned, but Mark Bittman has a couple of really easy tomato soup recipes. I especially like his roasted winter tomato soup:

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2008/02/21/dining/1194817099345/roasted-tomato-soup.html

Alton deFlat
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM

I used to like it too, but instead of water, I would use milk. Made the soup creamy.

Frosty
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't know about canned, but Mark Bittman has a couple of really easy tomato soup recipes. I especially like his roasted winter tomato soup:

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2008/02/21/dining/1194817099345/roasted-tomato-soup.html

Thanks. Looks interesting.

To be honest, though, if I have to make something from scratch, I would probably go a different direction. I was just lamenting the loss of a childhood comfort food, I guess.

|Zach|
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
From the Westside Local (Farm to Table) here in KC:

Brie, emmental, local white Cheddar, sourdough with a tomato fennel soup.

Its $9 so I can't vouch for it.

Quite good.

The Franchise
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Grilled Cheese Sandwich made with Pepper Jack cheese.....and a bowl of Chili.

Fucking awesome....

Frosty
01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
I used to like it too, but instead of water, I would use milk. Made the soup creamy.

It was good with milk, though, you had to be more careful so it wouldn't burn.

I usually made it with a half can of water instead of a full can. Too watery otherwise.

Sorry for the hijack, Bob Dole.

Hoover
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
I actually make a killer grilled cheese sandwich. Typically I put some sort of meat on it, but that's not necessary.

I use all sorts of bread and cheeses. Pick some you like.

So I usually take some white bread, put a little pepper jack and swiss in it. The magic happens on what I do on the out side. I butter it like everyone else, but I press some grated parmesan on both sides. As the cheese melts on the inside, I also get a tasty cheese crust on the outside. Yum! I call it my Grilled Double Cheese.

Pennywise
01-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Fymunda cheese

the Talking Can
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
just add some pepperoni...the bread is most important, imo...and copious amounts of butter

Monty
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Fymunda cheese

Bless you

tooge
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I like texas toast for the bread, colby jack for the cheese, and either bacon or panchetta slices on the cheese. A quick spread of hot sauce on the inside of the bun, then onto the grill. Serve these with some tomato basil soup. Yummmm.

Stewie
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I do the standard grilled cheese with dill pickle slices on it.

suds79
01-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Butter the outside, mayo the inside. And pick your cheese. Pepper Jack is my fav.

I thought everybody had theirs like that but I guess the mayo thing is a little different. :shrug:

DMAC
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Butter the outside, mayo the inside. And pick your cheese. Pepper Jack is my fav.

I thought everybody had theirs like that but I guess the mayo thing is a little different. :shrug:

Instead of mayo, grape jelly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Sourdough and extra sharp cheddar.

JonesCrusher
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Grilled Peanut Butter and Cheese! Yummy

Extra Point
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Tuna Salad w/Sharp Cheddar, on cracked wheat bread. The tuna salad has to be pretty dry, and includes pickle relish and diced hard boiled egg. With a cup of tomato soup, it'll eat.

I know meat violates the rules, but damn, it's good stuff! Take out the tuna salad and put on a slice of swiss, if you want, and serve it with chicken noodle soup.

Gadzooks
01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Grilled banana and peanut butter sangwitch, add a slice of "American" cheese, and voila:
http://gastrologica.com/elvis.jpg

Boon
01-18-2011, 06:08 PM

This is good and the addition of a piece of ham is great.

ROYC75
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM

That's good !:clap:

Over-Head
01-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Canadian peameal back baccon inbetween both Swiss and American

Chiefs Rool
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
I love some sliced avocado in a grilled cheese too, and of course bacon.

Gadzooks
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Canadian peameal back baccon inbetween both Swiss and American

Here's a great sangwitch from top to bottom:

Bread
Poutine
Regular Bacon
"American" Cheese
Canadian Bacon
Cheddar
Bread

Eh?

Extra Point
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Heating up some leftover chili, and will grill Mom and me some sandwiches, with colby jack, white cheddar, and Velveeta, with a sprinkling of marjoram and garlic powder.

Good idea for dinner tonite, Mr. Bob Dole and Mr. Pestilence.

boogblaster
01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Bread
Butter
Crisp bacon crumpled
Sharp chedder
Egg
Mircle Whip

Pablo
01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Bread
Butter
Crisp bacon crumpled
Sharp chedder
Egg
Mircle WhipThat's a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

Jesus people. Grilled cheese isn't that hard. Good bread, good cheese, and lots of butter.

Mr. Laz
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
bread,cheese,butter and a little mayo

bread,butter,cheese open faced on grill then when cheese starts to melt and you get ready to flip it, add the other piece of bread with a little mayo on inside of it.

mayo adds a little zing to sammich. :shrug:

Dallas Chief
01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Mine is pretty simple. I cut thin slices of sweet vidalia onion and soften them in a pan with some oilive oil, seasoned with sea salt, peppper, and some minced garlic. While they are softening, I get the bottom bread buttered and started in the pan with a slice of american cheese. Once the onion slices are soft but with a slight crunch to them I move a slice to each sandwich on top of the cheese. Then I cover it with the top piece of bread (buttered) and toast each side to a medium brown in the skillet. Yum!!! If you like onions that is. The only downfall is that it gives me the smelly toots- as my 3 yr old would say... :D

Demonpenz
01-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I love making mine with an iron and some ramen

gblowfish
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Wonder bread, buttered (real butter), american cheese (not processed cheese food, real cheese) slice in half diagonally, Grilled on a flat top griddle until golden brown on both sides. Campbell's tomato soup in a bowl with goldfish crackers.

Oh YEAH.

Easy 6
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Sourdough bread, real butter, swiss cheese & throw in a bowl of tomato soup for good measure.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
When I was little, grilled cheese always came with a sliced of bologna, grilled right along.

Frosty
01-20-2011, 09:04 AM
american cheese (not processed cheese food, real cheese)

I was going to laugh at you for calling American Cheese "real cheese" but it turns out that if you buy it in the block or from a deli, it's just a mix of colby and cheddar. It's only the stuff that comes in the individually wrapped slices that's plastic cheese.

Who knew? :shrug:

gblowfish
01-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I was going to laugh at you for calling American Cheese "real cheese" but it turns out that if you buy it in the block or from a deli, it's just a mix of colby and cheddar. It's only the stuff that comes in the individually wrapped slices that's plastic cheese.

Who knew? :shrug:

Yep. Just avoid "pasteurized cheese food." It's "plastic cheese" not the real stuff.

I've been to Wisconsin several times and love good cheese.

ModSocks
01-20-2011, 12:06 PM

Did this last night. Was pretty good.

FishingRod
01-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Take to pieces of bread, doesn’t matter what kind. Put in a piece of cheese, doesn’t matter what kind.Put some butter looking yellow stuff on both sides. Heat up the sandwich, put on a plate and had it to someone else. Then eat a Steak

BucEyedPea
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Bob Dole was having a discussion with a couple of friends and it got Bob Dole all curious. This eclectic bunch is bound to have something better than just Velveeta on white...

Let's see 'em! (Please)

Is Velveeta cheese?

For many any white cheese is fine or a mix of them with tomato. White sharp cheddar I like most. Never any fake crap with orange dye in it. Yuks!

BucEyedPea
01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
When I was little, grilled cheese always came with a sliced of bologna, grilled right along.

O.M.G. That's child abuse. ;) :D

Inspector
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I have to use pre-sliced cause my wife gets mad whenever I cut the cheese.

Bowser
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
O.M.G. That's child abuse. ;) :D

Well, she usually threw a tomato slice on there, so that made it healthy. It's kinda like dumping salsa on chili cheese fries. Instant healthy meal!

Saulbadguy
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Is Velveeta cheese?

For many any white cheese is fine or a mix of them with tomato. White sharp cheddar I like most. Never any fake crap with orange dye in it. Yuks!

Do you mean Annatto? It doesn't impart much flavor (if any). Most people wouldn't be able to tell white american or cheddar cheese from the regular cheese if they were blindfolded.

Bowser
01-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I have to use pre-sliced cause my wife gets mad whenever I cut the cheese.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8dftuqwZU1qaf6jlo1_500.jpg

Rams Fan
01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Sharp English cheddar, Swiss and chèvre cheeses with caramelized onion all melted together on an English pugliere bread. Served with gourmet crisps (chips).

From here: http://thelondontearoom.com/Eat_Me.html

Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich I've ever had. Especially with Tomato Soup.

Braincase
01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Buy good steak. Grill good steak. Eat good steak. Afterward, say, "Damn, that was a good grilled cheese sandwich".

Great Expectations
01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I actually make a killer grilled cheese sandwich. Typically I put some sort of meat on it, but that's not necessary.

I use all sorts of bread and cheeses. Pick some you like.

So I usually take some white bread, put a little pepper jack and swiss in it. The magic happens on what I do on the out side. I butter it like everyone else, but I press some grated parmesan on both sides. As the cheese melts on the inside, I also get a tasty cheese crust on the outside. Yum! I call it my Grilled Double Cheese.

I've had a French Dip sandwich with the grated parmesan grilled on the outside of the bread. It was outstanding.

Great Expectations
01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Do you mean Annatto? It doesn't impart much flavor (if any). Most people wouldn't be able to tell white american or cheddar cheese from the regular cheese if they were blindfolded.

Do you know what makes some cheese orange, and some white?

They add food coloring to the white cheese to make it orange.

luv
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
My favorite is Texas toast, chipotle mayo, tomato, avacado, bacon, and cheddar and provolone cheeses.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Do you know what makes some cheese orange, and some white?

They add food coloring to the white cheese to make it orange.

Agreed, but it's not "fake orange dye crap".

Calcountry
01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
I thought when you added meat it was no longer a grilled cheese, ex. adding a slice of ham makes it a grilled or melted ham and cheese.UUUUUUUUUUUHMMMM. TY. :D

Calcountry
01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Buy good steak. Grill good steak. Eat good steak. Afterward, say, "Damn, that was a good grilled cheese sandwich".Must be grilled with a propane grill now.

MOhillbilly
01-20-2011, 02:40 PM
grilled cheese sammys is lame.

CoMoChief
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Wheat bread, butter, american cheese, stove top/pan

w/ a side of tomato soup

gblowfish
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Woman's Day Magazine says April is "Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month."
So we have that to look forward to, bitches.
Hey, it's either eat grilled cheese, or watch the Royals.

I'll take the cheese.

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/10-Greatest-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwiches.html

Simply Red
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/9j3aqx.jpg

BigOlChiefsfan
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
I like mine with mayo, 2 or 3 kinds of cheese (I keep changing 'em) + thin sliced red or white onions on the best bread you can find. Cook 'em slow and low, in butter. They taste better if you drink a few glasses of red wine while you're cooking. But then, everything tastes better if you drink a few glasses of red wine while you're cooking.

BucEyedPea
01-27-2011, 12:52 AM
I do the standard grilled cheese with dill pickle slices on it.

That's standard? I never heard of that....dill pickles?

Saccopoo
01-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Jesus...you are a bunch of provincial fucks.

Clarified butter on homemade bread with two thin slices of prosciutto crudo in-between some good Irish cheddar and some wafer thin sliced Green Zebra tomatoes with some capers interspersed between.

Inspector
01-27-2011, 07:32 AM
I like mine with mayo, 2 or 3 kinds of cheese (I keep changing 'em) + thin sliced red or white onions on the best bread you can find. Cook 'em slow and low, in butter. They taste better if you drink a few glasses of red wine while you're cooking. But then, everything tastes better if you drink a few glasses of red wine while you're cooking.

I do this a lot! Except instead of red wine, I use good Canadian whiskey.

Oh, and I usually just skip the sandwich part too.

Over-Head
01-30-2011, 11:34 AM
I've had a French Dip sandwich with the grated parmesan grilled on the outside of the bread. It was outstanding.
Tried it for the Mrs making lunch, she loved it.

Stewie
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
That's standard? I never heard of that....dill pickles?

I should have said that I add dill pickles (before cooking) to a standard grilled cheese sandwich. They add a little zip.

cdcox
01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Grilled swiss on rye.

Grilled pepper jack on rye.

Grilled pepper jack and cotto salami on rye.

Red Beans
01-30-2011, 12:35 PM

Hammontree is excellent!

http://hammontreesgourmet.com/

(http://hammontreesgourmet.com/)

Stram fan
01-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Where does it stop being a grilled cheese or something else? Who the flock cares.

A basic cheddar on white is fine, with olives on the side.

Adding a thick slice of home grown tomato is better.

Adding bacon or Canadian bacon is better yet. On rye or sourdough is again, better.

Once you get to adding pickles... it's a panini.

Cuban sandwich: Roast pork, sliced pickles, cheese and tomato on almost any kind of bread as long as it gets crushed to a thickness of an inch is awesome. The pickles when heated take on a very different flavor.

If it uses steak or any kind of beef, it a version of a Philly cheese steak. The father of Philly cheese steaks was the patty melt. Burger, grilled onions, cheese and fried like a grilled cheese sammich.

Bread, cheese and butter... grill it, and no matter what else you do, it's freakin delish.

NewChief
04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Not sure if this one was on here or not, but it just came up in my feed reader. I had to share. The synopsis: brush the butter in mayo instead of butter.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/should-you-fry-your-grilled-cheese-sandwich-in-mayonnaise-oh-yes-144259

Rausch
04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
The synopsis: brush the butter in mayo instead of butter.

:spock:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3daWmT7PPCY/TQQCiIdE-ZI/AAAAAAAAHT0/6861o2RPyQ8/s400/vomit-195.jpeg

NewChief
04-15-2011, 10:17 AM
:spock:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3daWmT7PPCY/TQQCiIdE-ZI/AAAAAAAAHT0/6861o2RPyQ8/s400/vomit-195.jpeg

Yeah, I know it. I'll try it because I'll try just about anything, but it sounds disgusting.

Jaric
04-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Bread
Butter
Cheese
Bacon.

That is all that is needed.

DJ's left nut
04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Not sure if this one was on here or not, but it just came up in my feed reader. I had to share. The synopsis: brush the butter in mayo instead of butter.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/should-you-fry-your-grilled-cheese-sandwich-in-mayonnaise-oh-yes-144259

Communist.

mlyonsd
04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Bread
Butter
Cheese
Bacon.

That is all that is needed.

Try adding a slice of ripe tomato. It's like a variation of a BLT.

crazycoffey
04-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I should have said that I add dill pickles (before cooking) to a standard grilled cheese sandwich. They add a little zip.

my kids used to love sliced pickles on their grilled cheese. they call it a galaxy grilled cheese

when I asked why my youngest stated, "because it tastes like its out of this world."

Rausch
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
my kids used to love sliced pickles on their grilled cheese. they call it a galaxy grilled cheese

when I asked why my youngest stated, "because it tastes like its out of this world."

I suspect embellishment...

Fire Me Boy!
04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Butter two slices of bread on one side each.

Put cheese between slices of bread.

Take the cheese off, and throw away. Replace cheese with peanut butter.

Pan fry on each side until gold brown, and peanut butter has turned to molten lava.

Eat.

CHENZ A!
04-15-2011, 11:42 AM
I gave up cheese for lent, and I have been freaking out man. I need some cheese bad.

Saulbadguy
04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I gave up cheese for lent, and I have been freaking out man. I need some cheese bad.

Dumbass.

Saulbadguy
04-15-2011, 11:46 AM

Pan fry on each side until gold brown, and peanut butter has turned to molten lava.

Eat.

Sounds good except I would just eat the cheese. Why waste it?

Bump
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
fresh avocado makes any grilled cheese better!

Radar Chief
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM

No shit. You don't waste the high, stinky cheddar. ;)

Fire Me Boy!
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM

I've never had any cheese I liked except the Italian cheeses. But that's me.

But man, I'm tellin' ya... it doesn't get better than a grilled peanut butter sandwich.

Baby Lee
04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
PBJ Pear, Brie and Jambon!!

Frosty
04-15-2011, 12:16 PM

Eat.

Add thinly sliced Walla Walla sweet onion and then you're talking.

I've never had any cheese I liked except the Italian cheeses.

That's because you haven't had the right kind.

:D

CHENZ A!
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Dumbass.

Where?

NewChief
04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
No shit. You don't waste the high, stinky cheddar. ;)

Speaking of... who all is a fan of Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar? If you haven't tried it... do so.

crazycoffey
04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I suspect embellishment...

well, yeah - they were 8 and 9 at the time.... LOL

fresh avocado makes any grilled cheese better!

I love avocado on just about any and everything, I have actually done this too with just plain ol wheat bread and velveta

smittysbar
04-16-2011, 02:55 PM

Will be trying this

crazycoffey
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM

I gave up sobriety for lent...

orange
04-16-2011, 04:57 PM
PBJ Pear, Brie and Jambon!!

Baguette or croissant?