PDA

View Full Version : Weather Great Snow Dump Round 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

01-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Calling for anywhere from 5-10 inches of the crap in NE Kansas starting today at noon.

Good luck to all your backs after shoveling it.

Pioli Zombie
01-19-2011, 05:58 AM
This is great. I'm out of town. My car will be buried and frozen.

Pushead2
01-19-2011, 06:05 AM
NYC just got some rain today, thank god.

MIAdragon
01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Snow? WTF is that?

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 07:04 AM
It's supposed to stay to the south of us, thank god.

bevischief
01-19-2011, 07:11 AM
4-7 here in KC area.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Sunny and 68 here today.

Saulbadguy
01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Sunny and 68 here today.

Olathe?

penguinz
01-19-2011, 07:58 AM
4-7 here in KC area.5-8" in KC with possibly more.

https://img.skitch.com/20110119-mpsrujx1gdny4xsnff2964x3m.png

Frosty
01-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Is 5" of snow a lot for KC? It's only an average storm here but I know it's a pain if you aren't used to getting it.

penguinz
01-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Is 5" of snow a lot for KC? It's only an average storm here but I know it's a pain if you aren't used to getting it.KC shuts down with 1" of snow.

beach tribe
01-19-2011, 08:07 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/zIMG_2463-churchill-polar-bear-poop.jpg

penguinz
01-19-2011, 08:33 AM
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO
330 AM CST WED JAN 19 2011

...SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING SNOW EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AND
TONIGHT...

.A STORM SYSTEM WILL BEGIN TO IMPACT THE AREA AS EARLY AS NOON TODAY AS
SNOW DEVELOPS OVER KANSAS AND SOUTHERN NEBRASKA. THIS SNOW WILL
PROGRESSIVELY SPREAD EASTWARD INTO EASTERN KANSAS AND WESTERN
MISSOURI THIS AFTERNOON AND OVERSPREAD THE ENTIRE REGION THIS EVENING
AND TONIGHT. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TAPER OFF BY THURSDAY MORNING FROM
NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS BETWEEN 5 AND 8 INCHES
WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WARNING AREA WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS.
OUTSIDE THE WARNING AREA...SNOWFALL TOTALS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 2
TO 5 INCHES.

KSZ025-102>105-MOZ020-021-028>030-037-191730-
/O.CON.KEAX.WS.W.0001.110119T1800Z-110120T1200Z/
ATCHISON KS-DONIPHAN-LEAVENWORTH-WYANDOTTE-JOHNSON KS-BUCHANAN-
CLINTON-PLATTE-CLAY-RAY-JACKSON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ATCHISON...TROY...LEAVENWORTH...
OVERLAND PARK...OLATHE...ST. JOSEPH...PLATTSBURG...PARKVILLE...
PLATTE CITY...WESTON...LIBERTY...EXCELSIOR SPRINGS...RICHMOND...
KANSAS CITY...INDEPENDENCE
330 AM CST WED JAN 19 2011

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 AM
CST THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 AM
CST THURSDAY.

* LOCATIONS...EASTERN KANSAS AND PORTIONS OF NORTHWESTERN AND WEST
CENTRAL MISSOURI INCLUDING THE ENTIRE KANSAS CITY METROPOLITAN AREA.
SOME CITIES THAT MAY BE IMPACTED BY HEAVY SNOW INCLUDE ST.
JOSEPH...KANSAS CITY...OLATHE...ATCHISON...AND LEAVENWORTH.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN BY MID-DAY OR EARLY AFTERNOON ON
WEDNESDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO RAPIDLY INCREASE IN INTENSITY
BY THE EVENING COMMUTE ON WEDNESDAY WITH HEAVY SNOW LINGERING
INTO THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. SNOW WILL TAPER FROM NORTHWEST TO
SOUTHEAST BY THURSDAY MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS....ACCUMULATIONS BETWEEN 5 AND 8 INCHES
WILL BE POSSIBLE...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY HIGHER
ACCUMULATIONS.

* IMPACTS...DUE TO THE START TIME OF THE SNOW...THE EVENING
COMMUTE ON WEDNESDAY WILL BE IMPACTED. TRAVELERS CAN EXPECT
LONG DELAYS WITH DETERIORATING CONDITIONS ON PRIMARY AND
SECONDARY ROADS. TRAVELERS SHOULD BEGIN TO PREPARE ALTERNATIVE
TRAVEL PLANS OR ADJUST THEIR CURRENT TRAVEL PLANS TO
ACCOMMODATE THE EXPECTED CONDITIONS.

* OTHER IMPACTS...VISIBILITIES IN HEAVY SNOW MAY FALL BELOW ONE
QUARTER MILE WEDNESDAY EVENING. A NORTHWEST WIND BETWEEN 10
AND 15 MPH WILL ALSO LEAD TO MINOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF
SNOW WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT
TRAVEL.MOTORISTS SHOULD REMAIN ALERT TO CHANGING WEATHER
CONDITIONS...AND TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS IF TRAVEL IS
NECESSARY. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
</pre>

ReynardMuldrake
01-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Damn, weather service... I hear you, you don't have to shout.

CHENZ A!
01-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Fuck snow in its stupid ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

ReynardMuldrake
01-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I must be the only one who doesn't mind the snow. Of course, I just got a mother****ing POWER SHOVEL for Christmas and I am itching to use that bad boy. Bring the snow, bidges!

pr_capone
01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Calling for anywhere from 5-10 inches of the crap in NE Kansas starting today at noon.

Good luck to all your backs after shoveling it.

Fuck shoveling it. Let that shit melt.

penguinz
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I must be the only one who doesn't mind the snow. Of course, I just got a mother****ing POWER SHOVEL for Christmas and I am itching to use that bad boy. Bring the snow, bidges!I don't mind it because I have a Jeep. My only issues are the morons around me that do not know how to drive in the snow.

Extra Point
01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Lezak said 7-8" over this winter. Katie wanted more....

Fat Elvis
01-19-2011, 10:15 AM
This is great. I'm out of town. My car will be buried and frozen.

What are you talking about? It says you live in Olathe; It is sunny and 75 degrees there. Your car is fine.

Pants
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't mind it because I have a Jeep. My only issues are the morons around me that do not know how to drive in the snow.

Don't know how to drive in the snow? You ever try driving a 2800 pound coupe in 4 inches of snow with a manual transmission? It's people in Jeeps and other SUVs that don't know what the fuck to do when it snows. You have to realize it's going to be shitty out there and you can't be driving around your fucking Jeep like nothing happened. Slow the fuck down, don't tailgate and pay attention.

penguinz
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't know how to drive in the snow? You ever try driving a 2800 pound coupe in 4 inches of snow with a manual transmission? It's people in Jeeps and other SUVs that don't know what the **** to do when it snows. You have to realize it's going to be shitty out there and you can't be driving around your ****ing Jeep like nothing happened. Slow the **** down, don't tailgate and pay attention.Your and idiot. I know how to drive in this crap. The morons I was referring to were those that think they are invincible because they have a 4x4.

I can drive around the people in their mustangs that are stuck spinning on the hill. I can't get out of they way of the idiot on the Ford Explorer that does not realize 4-wheel drive does not help you stop.

cookster50
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Don't know how to drive in the snow? You ever try driving a 2800 pound coupe in 4 inches of snow with a manual transmission? It's people in Jeeps and other SUVs that don't know what the **** to do when it snows. You have to realize it's going to be shitty out there and you can't be driving around your ****ing Jeep like nothing happened. Slow the **** down, don't tailgate and pay attention.

:popcorn:

Pants
01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Your and idiot. I know how to drive in this crap. The morons I was referring to were those that think they are invincible because they have a 4x4.

I can drive around the people in their mustangs that are stuck spinning on the hill. I can't get out of they way of the idiot on the Ford Explorer that does not realize 4-wheel drive does not help you stop.

Ahh, I got the opposite from the way your post was worded. I'm dreading going home after work today. Thank God I took tomorrow off.

My #1 pet peeve in snowy weather is when people inexplicably start breaking when going uphill. Motherfucker, I NEED that momentum or I'm not going to make it over.

penguinz
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Ahh, I got the opposite from the way your post was worded. I'm dreading going home after work today. Thank God I took tomorrow off.

My #1 pet peeve in snowy weather is when people inexplicably start breaking when going uphill. Mother****er, I NEED that momentum or I'm not going to make it over.The building i am in is on madison just off the plaza. Big steep hill.

It is fun to watch the cars try to make it up it. Even more fun to see the people at the bottom still try when you can see traffic stuck in the middle of it not moving.

Rasputin
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
This mountain IS PURE SNOW!!

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THE STREET VALUE OF THIS MOUNTAIN IS?

I THINK I FROZE THE LEFT PART OF MY BRAIN!

penguinz
01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
This mountain IS PURE SNOW!!

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THE STREET VALUE OF THIS MOUNTAIN IS?

I THINK I FROZE THE LEFT PART OF MY BRAIN!I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

KCUnited
01-19-2011, 10:56 AM
2 lanes of I35 S were closed this morning due to an accident. These assholes can't get from A to B on dry roads. This commute could be a nightmare tonight.

Radar Chief
01-19-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't mind it because I have a Jeep. My only issues are the morons around me that do not know how to drive in the snow.

:thumb:

Rasputin
01-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

Sorry I don't have a dime

ReynardMuldrake
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
The building i am in is on madison just off the plaza. Big steep hill.

It is fun to watch the cars try to make it up it. Even more fun to see the people at the bottom still try when you can see traffic stuck in the middle of it not moving.

You need to put that on youtube. Stupid drivers are always entertaining.

penguinz
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
:thumb:I need to pick up some tow hooks and a winch so I can make a few $ on days like this.

penguinz
You need to put that on youtube. Stupid drivers are always entertaining.We usually ustream it so people on the backside of the building can watch.

Buehler445
We're only getting freezing fog and mist. Can I have your snow?

tooge
01-19-2011, 11:06 AM
it always cracks me up if I go to the store right before a storm like this one comin. There will be no milk, no burger, and one or two smashed up loaves of bread left on the shelf. Remember people, it isn't the apocalypse, its just some snow. People in Canada live in it 9 months out of the year.

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
It's Kansas people, can we just wait to see how much snow we actually get before doomsday is declared?

These dipsh*t forecasters call for 6-9'' a few times every year and we end up with a dusting. Before I start freaking out, I'll wait to see if snowmageddon actually happens.

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
You need to put that on youtube. Stupid drivers are always entertaining.

Obviously not the same hill, but I envision this...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7O3abzX298&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7O3abzX298&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Bearcat
01-19-2011, 11:11 AM
The building i am in is on madison just off the plaza. Big steep hill.

After the last snow, we watched a truck go about halfway up a steep entrance and slide down into a tree. An SUV did the same thing a little while later... got about halfway up and ended up sliding down into the truck. Then a 3rd truck tried the same thing, and came really close to hitting the SUV. Then a 4th person in an SUV tried, slid all the way down and jumped a curb, tried going back up two more times before giving up.

I sit a few cubes from the window, so I'd just wait for the "Oooohh, aaaahhh... HAHAHA!"

We also watched 3 plows drive up/down the just outside the office, and only the 3rd one was plowing... and the steep park entrance wasn't ever touched. People are idiots, but the city seems to be less prepared for snow (or spend less on its removal) every year.

Sassy Squatch
01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
You guys would be fucked in Rochester. it seems to snow every other day recently.

Valiant
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Is 5" of snow a lot for KC? It's only an average storm here but I know it's a pain if you aren't used to getting it.

Only for the idiots. So yeah, we are fucked.

KCUnited
01-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Last snow fall, guy doesn't realize he's in the left hand exit only lane to Metcalf on I35 S. Instead of just biting the bullet, he whips into the other lane, loses control and takes out 2 cars who were driving cautiously. Watched the whole thing in my rear view.

ReynardMuldrake
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7O3abzX298&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7O3abzX298&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

JFC that may be the worst one I've seen.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
If I don't puss out and call in to work, I advise everyone to stay the hell out of my way since I'll be in a tractor and pulling two trailers to St. Louis. (hopefully they'll get wise and cancel the runs, but I doubt they do it)

Fairplay
01-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Brace yourself, i see snowflakes starting to fall.

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Brace yourself, i see snowflakes starting to fall.

We's doomed! Doooooomed I tells ya!

Brock
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
everybody start driving like tards!

Bowser
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xSLlZh9yelk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xSLlZh9yelk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

cookster50
01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
everybody start driving like bronco fans!

FYP

Donger
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I have to admit that the people in Denver do handle driving in snow better than in KC. Except, of course, for the recent immigrants from Texas and California.

Fairplay
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z5GirYOLlkE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z5GirYOLlkE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Lzen
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Snow? WTF is that?

I hate you.
http://www.rosaryhs.com/web-class/2010/looney-tunes/images/Yosemite%20Sam.gif

tooge
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
flakes are starting to fall. Get to Walmart for bread and milk ASAP!

mnchiefsguy
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
No snow yet. I am surprised they are even having school today, since the snowing is coming! (They canceled school yesterday, despite the fact the roads were relatively clear for a Jan. day.)

Donger
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Snow? WTF is that?

Snow? That's what happens to water when it gets too cold.

This? This is GoChiefs. This is what happens to people when they get too sexually-frustrated.

Lzen
01-19-2011, 01:14 PM
It's Kansas people, can we just wait to see how much snow we actually get before doomsday is declared?

These dipsh*t forecasters call for 6-9'' a few times every year and we end up with a dusting. Before I start freaking out, I'll wait to see if snowmageddon actually happens.

I see what you're saying, but didn't we just get quite a few inches last week? And last winter we got a bunch. Just sayin'.

luv
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
They're only calling for 2-5 inches here, but you just never know. My RWD doesn't cooperate in one inch of snow. Went over and borrowed dad's SUV. There's just something about having 4WD that makes me feel invincible (but I don't drive like that).

Pants
I see what you're saying, but didn't we just get quite a few inches last week? And last winter we got a bunch. Just sayin'.

Welp, it's pretty hard to argue with a radar. Just don't listen to Katie Horner, the rest of the weather experts are usually pretty close to reality. I think we're bound for 4" at the very least.

DaFace
You silly midwesterners and your "heavy snow". :p

Lzen
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM

<object height="390" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7O3abzX298&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Damn! That 2nd car was moving pretty fast down that hill.

luv
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
You silly midwesterners and your "heavy snow". :p

Our snow typically comes with sleet first. At least snow gives you some traction. However, they haven't called for any sleet or freezing rain down here, so I'm not worried.

keg in kc
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Geez, enough already.

lightsout04
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
I would take the snow... it's raining ice right now.

Donger
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
They're only calling for 2-5 inches here, but you just never know. My RWD doesn't cooperate in one inch of snow. Went over and borrowed dad's SUV. There's just something about having 4WD that makes me feel invincible (but I don't drive like that).

I was driving to the airport last Monday morning in about eight inches or so. Doing about 45 the whole time. I stopped counting how many SUVs I saw in the ditch, a few of them which had passed me doing 70. It's funny how few people realize that four wheel drive only helps you get going, not turning or stopping.

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM

Yeah. We did get 4-5'' early last week and dumped on last Christmas. So I guess the weather forecasters are batting about .025 during my lifetime in KS (28 years)

I complain only because when I was a kid (and actually wanted it to snow), they would call for these huge snowstorms then I'd wake up to a dusting. Forecasters pretty much swung for the fences and missed more often than not until a few years ago. I guess technology is better now, so maybe I should cut them some slack. I'm still bitter about only having roughly 3 snow days during my entire K-12 existence. Now kids get at least 2-3 snow days per school year.

bevischief
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
It has started here as well.

Alton deFlat
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
It just started snowing here too. We're kinda on the southern edge of this shit, so hopefully we'll get spared the heavy stuff.

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Are we dead yet?

Pants
01-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Are we dead yet?

LMAO

mnchiefsguy
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah. We did get 4-5'' early last week and dumped on last Christmas. So I guess the weather forecasters are batting about .025 during my lifetime in KS (28 years)

I complain only because when I was a kid (and actually wanted it to snow), they would call for these huge snowstorms then I'd wake up to a dusting. Forecasters pretty much swung for the fences and missed more often than not until a few years ago. I guess technology is better now, so maybe I should cut them some slack. I'm still bitter about only having roughly 3 snow days during my entire K-12 existence. Now kids get at least 2-3 snow days per school year.

I hear you there. My daughter was out of school three days last week, and should have gone on all three days. When I was in K-12, it took a lot more snow and ice to cancel school that what it does today.

chasedude
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
The sky is falling! \chicken little

chasedude
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I hear you there. My daughter was out of school three days last week, and should have gone on all three days. When I was in K-12, it took a lot more snow and ice to cancel school that what it does today.

One of the days school was out here was because of a -10 windchill. WTF? I remember in grade school waiting for the bus with -40 windchill. Kid's today are pussies.:#

Frazod
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
It's funny - up in Chicago, it's been cold, and we've had snow on the ground continuously since early December, but we've never gotten enough at one time to be anything more than just a bit annoying (other than the area of northern Indiana that gets lake effect snow - they've been hammered). Beyond that, I don't think there have been any school closures at all.

Seems to be shitty all around us, though.

And I'm okay with that. :D

Fairplay
Katie Horner just said shes working on a snow prediction forecast she will present at 4:00 PM.

Bugeater
Yep, we hardly ever had snow days. And even if we did, they never announced it until that morning, so we still had to do our homework and go to bed at our normal time. There was none of this announcing it at 8pm the night before like they do now.

Hell, I think instead of a summer vacation they should start giving the kids a winter vacation, between the holidays and snow days they're out half the damn time anyway.

Iowanian
01-19-2011, 02:07 PM

too many schools were sued by parents who said they should have cancelled due to weather....and had kids hurt etc.

It's got to be tough for admin to make the right call all of the time.
They cancelled here monday due to ice, and it seemed like the right thing to me on the way to work, and an hour later it warmed up 5 degrees and melted off.

MOhillbilly
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
fuck winter. fuck snow. bring on spring and summer. skin , beer drinkin, and BBQ outside. garden, river, the works.

you know the deal.

Pants
01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Katie Horner just said shes working on a snow prediction forecast she will present at 4:00 PM.

4 feet of snow on TEH WAY NAO!

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
fuck winter. fuck snow. bring on spring and summer. skin , beer drinkin, and BBQ outside. garden, river, the works.

you know the deal.
Fuck yeah.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM

you know the deal.

amen

Iowanian
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM
A month ago, my brother who was working on a job site in Minnesota....returned on monday to find guys using probes to find trucks and wind turbine blades under snow drifts.

It's not going to be too bad to handle in Missouri.

When the weather gets really bad, or the extreme cold...I sooth myself with these words. "it has got to be killing bugs right now"....

Frazod
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM

you know the deal.

I'll take the cold over 95 degrees and high humidity. Last summer was fucking miserable - hot, humid, rainy and a plague of goddamn mosquitos.

MOhillbilly
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I'll take the cold over 95 degrees and high humidity. Last summer was ****ing miserable - hot, humid, rainy and a plague of goddamn mosquitos.

dont make me shoot your fridge.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Here it comes :shake:

mnchiefsguy
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
One of the days school was out here was because of a -10 windchill. WTF? I remember in grade school waiting for the bus with -40 windchill. Kid's today are pussies.:#

When we lived in MN, if the windchill was above -30, not only did they have school...but they had outdoor recess.

Brock
01-19-2011, 02:45 PM
70 and sunny in Olathe

Bowser
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
70 and sunny in Olathe

Yeah, but it's the getting there that's the bitch.

01-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I must be the only one who doesn't mind the snow. Of course, I just got a mother****ing POWER SHOVEL for Christmas and I am itching to use that bad boy. Bring the snow, bidges!
I don't mind snow. I just don't want it falling on my driveway or the roads.

01-19-2011, 03:01 PM

You were saying?:D

mnchiefsguy
01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Starting to snow here in lovely Independence MO. Coming down steady.

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Starting to snow here in lovely Independence MO. Coming down steady.

Sure it's not fallout from a meth lab explosion?

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 03:05 PM
You were saying?:D

Yeah yeah, they're now 3 for 120 in my lifetime :clap:

WoodDraw
01-19-2011, 03:06 PM
The worst part about these storms is listening to people.

"Well back home, the schools wouldn't have even been closed for this snow."

"People here just don't know how to drive in bad weather."

Anytime someone says one of those two statements, they should immediately be punched in the face.

Chiefs Rool
01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I knew I should have tried to use vaca time sooner rather than later.

A month ago, my brother who was working on a job site in Minnesota....returned on monday to find guys using probes to find trucks and wind turbine blades under snow drifts.

It's not going to be too bad to handle in Missouri.

When the weather gets really bad, or the extreme cold...I sooth myself with these words. "it has got to be killing bugs right now"....
Killing Bugs? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bowser
BACK IN MY DAY WE WALKED UPHILL IN SNOW BOTH WAYS GOING AND COMING TO SCHOOL. AND WE LIKED IT.

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
BACK IN MY DAY WE WALKED UPHILL IN SNOW BOTH WAYS GOING AND COMING TO SCHOOL. AND WE LIKED IT.
IT CAN'T BE UPHILL BOTH WAYS U R A MORAN

01-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah yeah, they're now 3 for 120 in my lifetime :clap:

I agree with ya though. When it comes to snow, they swing and miss more than Bo Jackson. It's funny how they usually get rain right though.

01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I literally did walk uphill both ways. There was a big hill right in the middle of my walk

Frazod
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
dont make me shoot your fridge.

That's my job. :bang:

Buehler445
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM

In 1992, dad had to take me to the highway to meet the bus in a fucking MFWD tractor because nothing else was making it down the road. Now a days they run fucking "mud routes". Wtf is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
can barely see across the street now because of the snow coming down

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 03:41 PM

I can barely see across the street due to your avatar :drool:

01-19-2011, 03:45 PM

You must be a long way off the road then. I can see for a block and a half.

01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Topeka declares a snow emergency. LMAO

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Topeka_Declares_Snow_Emergency_114231364.html

ReynardMuldrake
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Holy shit it's bad out there guys. If you are still at work, talk to your boss and see if you can leave now. You do not want to be driving in this.

Frazod
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Topeka_Declares_Snow_Emergency_114231364.html

I take it Katie whatshername is orgasmic with glee and preempting all the TV shows.

01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Holy shit it's bad out there guys. If you are still at work, talk to your boss and see if you can leave now. You do not want to be driving in this.

shit, I have to go in to work at 10pm. That will be a bitch.

Stinger
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM

What if we are not in this and still at work can we still use this story?

Radar Chief
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
I need to pick up some tow hooks and a winch so I can make a few $ on days like this.

I’ll actually do that from time to time, go out in the snow and look for stranded drivers.
At least it’s an excuse to go play, and my Jeep eats wet snow like this up.
I don’t charge anything for a tug though, just spreading the good Karma around.

ReynardMuldrake
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
shit, I have to go in to work at 10pm. That will be a bitch.

Hopefully the roads will have been treated by then. If not, well... I hope you don't need to drive up any big hills.

keg in kc
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I just ordered take out. I'm such a dick.

(big tip though. And it's not that bad yet. I just ran for 20 minutes out in it.)

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I’ll actually do that from time to time, go out in the snow and look for stranded drivers.
At least it’s an excuse to go play, and my Jeep eats wet snow like this up.
I don’t charge anything for a tug though, just spreading the good Karma around.

Good on you, man. I've had a couple of people help friends/family out of jams the past few seasons. It's always nice to know a few good people still exist out there.

chasedude
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
KSHB was showing shots of 435 crawling along, glad I'm not down there.

Be Safe Peeps!

WoodDraw
01-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Sounds funny, but it's pretty common. Usually lets the city tow vehicles on important roads and ticket idiots that get their vehicles stuck.

Bob Dole
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM

You might want to get checked for cataracts.

bevischief
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
The highways suck.

keg in kc
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
You might want to get checked for cataracts.His mom did always tell him he'd go blind.

Pants
01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
It is a motherfuck out there. Wet, big, sloppy, sticky snow. YAY! And now I have to give this girl a ride home which makes my trip home about 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes. So now I'm looking at probably spending 60 minutes out there in the shit after work.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Glad I took a vacation day today.

DaFace
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Just because I feel all left out, it just started snowing here.

http://www.wingstaiwan.com/avatars/oh_noes.gif

keg in kc
01-19-2011, 04:23 PM
It is a mother**** out there. snow. YAY! And now I have to give this wet, big, sloppy, sticky girl a ride home It had to be done.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM

Heh.

And for the record, I have no problem driving in the snow, be it in my car or at work. It's the other douchetards around me that I worry about.

01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Hopefully the roads will have been treated by then. If not, well... I hope you don't need to drive up any big hills.It is all downhill on my way to work but all uphill on my way back. I actually dread the trip to work because I have to go so really slow going down the hills to avoid sliding into the higher traffic road.

going up the hill isn't a cakewalk either but I feel safer doing it.

01-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Sounds funny, but it's pretty common. Usually lets the city tow vehicles on important roads and ticket idiots that get their vehicles stuck.

Oh, I know. I just think it sounds funny to call it an emergency.

01-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh, and snow shoveling round one completed. I always do this in stages rather than wait for the snow to finish falling. free exercise.

Bearcat
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
One more reason I love living 6 blocks from work.

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
It is a mother**** out there. Wet, big, sloppy, sticky snow. YAY! And now I have to give this girl a ride home which makes my trip home about 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes. So now I'm looking at probably spending 60 minutes out there in the shit after work.

PIIHB? :shrug:

bevischief
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM

Really?

DMAC
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
It is a motherfuck out there. Wet, big, sloppy, sticky snow. YAY! And now I have to give this girl a ride home which makes my trip home about 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes. So now I'm looking at probably spending 60 minutes out there in the shit after work.

Tip for if you get stuck:

http://www.thats-right.com/storage/Hot%20girl-snow%20chains%20on%20car.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1293665671105

Radar Chief
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Good on you, man. I've had a couple of people help friends/family out of jams the past few seasons. It's always nice to know a few good people still exist out there.

Thanks, good to be appreciated.
A word of warning for anyone like me that likes to use a tow strap for short little tugs. Be very careful.

http://www.southernhighrollers.com/tips/articles/a_near_miss_from.htm

http://www.southernhighrollers.com/tips/images/a_near1.jpg

Please study this photograph carefully; notice the eight inch nylon strap, ¼ inch thick, out the rear of the Jeep. See that it comes through the rear window, then through the driver’s seat, then out the front windshield. Notice that the holes in the seat and the windshield are relatively clean.
This is a reconstructed photo. However, it shows precisely what happened and was reconstructed to demonstrate what can happen (and has happened before) when straps are used to pull a vehicle from mud, sand or snow. The picture depicts an actual occurrence. Happily, the driver recovered. Now the story of this NEAR MISS.
The Jeep owner was being a good guy and volunteered to help extricate a friend’s truck from where it was stuck in the mud some sixty feet away. Someone produced two of those thirty-foot straps and put them together with a five-pound clevis hook. One end was hooked to the frame rail of the truck, the other to the Jeep. The on-lookers recommended this procedure rather than to use the winch plainly seen on the front of the four-wheel drive, off-road vehicle. The Jeep driver slowly moved ahead and got the strap lines into a taut state. Then in low gear he started to pull.
The hook to the frame rail did not come loose; it pulled a nice neat piece from the rail. The hook and the dislodged section fell to the ground. The heavy clevis hooked became the leading edge of the missile. With the double straps trailing, it broke through the rear window, took a neat 4” square section from the seat, and crashed through the windshield. The end hooked to the Jeep stayed attached, but the clevis dragged the rest of the straps on its potentially fatal journey.
When the missile sprang forward, the release of drag caused the drivers upper body to shift forward moving his head to the right of that four-inch hole in the seat. The clevis hook struck him in the left shoulder, grazed his neck and went on its lethal way. The driver never knew, until later, what hit him. Rendered unconscious, he slumped forward, his foot depressing the accelerator. The Jeep roared ahead and stopped some 500 feet later when the dragging strap became tangled in the brush. This wild ride crossed two roads, two ditches and tore down a fence.
The onlookers rushed to the drivers aid expecting the worst. Still unconscious, he was air lifted to the hospital and x-rayed twice; there was no injury except a very sore shoulder. He personally related this tale to your editor some months after the event, and he still has some soreness where the clevis hook caressed him on its meteoric path through the Jeep.
This did not occur in the snow belt where off road, four-by-fours typically cruise about extricating vehicles imbedded in snow banks. This type of unprofessional conduct, using straps, has caused similar mishaps, one two years ago being a fatality. The Jeep owner in our story took a series of photos to reconstruct what happened and sent the photos to several magazines in the off-road vehicle trade. Tow Times got the exclusive in the towing industry. All of us hope that this will never happen again. That’s why we are telling you this story of this NEAR MISS.
This was printed in Tow Times some time back.

Pants
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Tip for if you get stuck:

http://www.thats-right.com/storage/Hot%20girl-snow%20chains%20on%20car.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1293665671105

"So are you ready to 'pay' for the help?"

Stinger
01-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh, and snow shoveling round one completed. I always do this in stages rather than wait for the snow to finish falling. free exercise.

We are not expected to get that much, but that is one benefit of kids. My son plus his 4 friends in the neighborhood FTW!!!!!

DMAC
01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
We are not expected to get that much, but that is one benefit of kids. My son plus his 4 friends in the neighborhood FTW!!!!!

2 to 5 inches is much too much

DMAC
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
"So are you ready to 'pay' for the help?"

Why?

Pants
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Why?
That's what you tell the girl once you're done helping her get unstuck?

DMAC
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM

I have my own car. It's not stuck.

DaFace
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Really?

Yup. We're only gonna get 1-3 inches though.

Pants
01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I have my own car. It's not stuck.

I'm not sure if you're just messing with me at this point, so I'm just going to stop. :)

Halfcan
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I love snow!

DMAC
I'm not sure if you're just messing with me at this point, so I'm just going to stop. :)

I think we were both confused but just rolling with it.

MOhillbilly

no, you put her in the trunk and let the snow cover your tracks.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
You might want to get checked for cataracts.
*looking behind him since apparently Bob Dole is watching*

Bowser
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM

:clap:

luv
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Nothing down here yet. It's amazing what a difference being a couple of hours south will make. :)

Pants
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM
I think we were both confused but just rolling with it.

I was commenting on the fact that the girl in that picture is hot and by 'pay' I meant 'have sex'.

Pants
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM

LMAO

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Nothing down here yet. It's amazing what a difference being a couple of hours south will make. :)
Or a couple hours north. ;)

Bowser
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Or a couple hours north. ;)

You guys usually have snow piled up until April up there. Was it last winter where the drifts were 10 feet and higher up there?

01-19-2011, 05:07 PM

My 14 year old gets to do the whole thing at 6:30 and then help me again at 8:30 since he didn't help me at all at 4:00

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 05:07 PM
You guys usually have snow piled up until April up there. Was it last winter where the drifts were 10 feet and higher up there?
Well yeah, we did, but that wasn't a typical winter for us. And even as bad as it was, it was all pretty much gone by the middle of March. We're not Canada for crissakes.

Bearcat
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM

I was in Omaha last February, and the pic below was 3 weeks after their last big snow... but just like KC, they got a lot more than usual.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/2010-01-19085010.jpg

Bowser
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
We're not Canada for crissakes.

True. Canadians make better beer than Nebraskans do.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
I was in Omaha last February, and the pic below was 3 weeks after their last big snow... but just like KC, they got a lot more than usual.

Looks like Canada to me!

DaFace
01-19-2011, 05:27 PM

Heh...it's amazing what a difference 45 minutes west will make. :)

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM

Where the hell was that? Military Rd maybe? I know there were some massive drifts in some rural areas around here.

Bearcat
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Where the hell was that? Military Rd maybe? I know there were some massive drifts in some rural areas around here.

It's on Harrison Street, around 192nd-204th Street.

I happened to find this one on my phone, taken around the same time... laughed every time I drove by...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/2010-02-26123202.jpg

Bowser
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
LMAO

That's called job security.

Fish
01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Damn..... just now made it home. Left work an hour ago. Usually takes me 10 minutes tops.

It's a damn madhouse on the streets. Plaza traffic is backed up for at least 10 blocks in each direction. You would really think that bad weather would cause people to slow down and just accept that you're going to be late.... but no, many fuckheads are even more impatient about running yellow lights and shit.

ZootedGranny
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I don’t charge anything for a tug though

http://i.imgur.com/gKJy5.gif

KCUnited
01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Hour forty to get from Olathe to Downtown. There are semi's and rear wheel drives sliding down the highways.

I saw an Asian lady doing under 5 mph on the highway straight ****ing every non-4x4 behind her.

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
It's on Harrison Street, around 192nd-204th Street.

I didn't even know Harrison was paved that far west. Luckily we didn't see that kind of drifting here in town.

Bowser
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Hour forty to get from Olathe to Downtown. There are semi's and rear wheel drives sliding down the highways.

I saw an Asian lady doing under 5 mph on the highway straight ****ing every non-4x4 behind her.

Ok, I took the day off, having legitimate reasons to do so, but all those reasons were cancelled due to the weather. Hopefully they just cancelled the run alltogether. Can't imagine trying to get to St. Louis in this shit.

Felt somewhat guilty for not going in. Not so much now.

01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
USD 501 topeka schools closed tomorrow already.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
This storm is headed my way but they're only calling 4-5".

01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Heh, I can't get to work without driving on one of our emergency snow routes. Guess I better not get stuck. I wonder if my employer would pay for the tow if it happened.

salame
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I really hate this weather

KurtCobain
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I really hate this weather

That's bullshit. This weather sucks and you know it.

black angus
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
We haven't had snow yet, but we've had freezing drizzle all afternoon.
i just talked to a friend that was in Dodge. He said it was 20 MPH from there to the
Edwards cty line. Apparently the state highway dept hasn't salted the highways in Ford cty yet. I have a number of limbs down already and just hope we don't lose electricity. It's just a skating rink on the paved roads.

KurtCobain
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
This shit outside is crazy! I'm definitely stuck at work for now. Accident reports all over 24 and Truman road. Fuck.

bevischief
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Yup. We're only gonna get 1-3 inches though.

Great we might have another round after this...

salame
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
This shit outside is crazy! I'm definitely stuck at work for now. Accident reports all over 24 and Truman road. ****.

I hope 70 isn't fucked I need 70 and 435 to be ok

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I hope 70 isn't fucked I need 70 and 435 to be ok
Like you have anything important to do.

salame
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Like you have anything important to do.

miles to go before I sleep
and I have to go to work

KurtCobain
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I hope 70 isn't ****ed I need 70 and 435 to be ok

Coworker called me and said it was slow as hell, but that was around 5.

bobbymitch
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Freakin' weather!!!! It couldn't wait another week could it? Hell no!! So that St Joseph statue buried in the front yard can just stay there and freeze his tiny plastic cajones.

The movers show up in the morning. Just %&#$@ lovely.

Fat Elvis
01-19-2011, 07:18 PM
USD 501 topeka schools closed tomorrow already.

Looks like all Topeka Schools closed now....

alpha_omega
01-19-2011, 08:04 PM
I love my snowblower!

googlegoogle
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Fuck Al Gore.

Buy a good snowblower. 2 stage.

googlegoogle
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
I love my snowblower!

what kind?

luv
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Nothing here yet. :)

01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Just finished round 3 which included shoveling half the street at the end of my driveway.

Got in to close the garage and the damn cable broke on the chain. FUCK

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Fuck Al Gore.

Buy a good snowblower. 2 stage.
Yeah, go out and buy a fucking monstrosity that will sit around 360 days out of the year.

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh, and we got about 1" here.

01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh, and we got about 1" here.

STFU :cuss:

Lzen
01-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Went to the YMCA tonight to hoop. When we got there, there was nobody in the gym (lights were off). A few other people showed up throughout the 2 hours we were there. But they kicked us out at 7pm. I think the Y employees were ready to get the fuck out of three. On the way home there wasn't much traffic on the streets.

Too bad my workplace didn't cancel work tomorrow. :banghead: Aw well, at least I get to go in 2 hour late.

luv
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
They just showed St Joe and KC on the news down here. Can't say I'm jealous of ya'all.

Dartgod
01-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I love my snowblower!
Me too. I have a rather large driveway and got tired of shoveling, if i even bothered at all. Bought a Craftsman 2-stage and figured we wouldn't get any snow this year. I've used it twice now and it was money well spent. I can do my entire driveway in one hour. Believe me, that's quick.

KChiefs1
01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Just checked the snow on the deck with a ruler...6" & getting deeper.

petegz28
01-19-2011, 10:28 PM
It's Global Warming, don't ya know???

petegz28
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah, go out and buy a ****ing monstrosity that will sit around 360 days out of the year.

I bought a nice 2-stage this year and have used it a few times now and it can sit 364 days for all I care. Fuck shoveling!!!

01-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Made it to work. No thanks to the idiot driving 10MPH at the base of a hill. Then there was this other idiot that was doing 35 on a curve in the road and he almost lost it.

Topeka is full of retard drivers.

Lzen
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Topeka is full of retard drivers.

Truth

KurtCobain
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Aready broke the fucking shovel trying to make it better before bed.

01-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Aready broke the ****ing shovel trying to make it better before bed.you have a fucking shovel? Exactly how do you use that?

petegz28
01-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I'll sleep good tonight knowing it will take me all of 20 minutes to snow blow my driveway in the morning.

01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I'll sleep good tonight knowing it will take me all of 20 minutes to snow blow my driveway in the morning.Lazy.:D

Lzen
01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I would love a snow blower. But I can't justify spending several hundred dollars on something that I will only use maybe 3-6 times a year.

J Diddy
01-19-2011, 11:08 PM
I would love a snow blower. But I can't justify spending several hundred dollars on something that I will only use maybe 3-6 times a year.

Perhaps it could double up on leaves?

Bearcat
01-19-2011, 11:15 PM

I feel the same way about prostitutes.

Lzen
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Perhaps it could double up on leaves?

Heh. You're assuming that I care to rake leaves.

Bugeater
I would love a snow blower. But I can't justify spending several hundred dollars on something that I will only use maybe 3-6 times a year.For me, it's not even spending the money on it, it's that I already have enough freaking equipment around here that I have to store and maintain as it is.

Lzen
I feel the same way about prostitutes.

Holy shit!

ROFL ROFL

That's was out of the blue.

luv
01-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Finally have snow.

01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
I would love a snow blower. But I can't justify spending several hundred dollars on something that I will only use maybe 3-6 times a year.Absolutely THIS!!!

Seems like a gigantic waste of money.

J Diddy
01-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Heh. You're assuming that I care to rake leaves.

Who cares about raking them when you can blow em in your nosy neighbors yard? From a chair in the front yard.

01-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Who cares about raking them when you can blow em in your nosy neighbors yard? From a chair in the front yard.Who the hell rakes leaves? I mulch them up in my yard.

J Diddy
01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Who the hell rakes leaves? I mulch them up in my yard.

My children. Because I don't have a mulcher, but I do have free child labor. There the same ones who will be shoveling the snow.

Bugeater
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
My children. Because I don't have a mulcher, but I do have free child labor. There the same ones who will be shoveling the snow.
Yes, you do have a mulcher. It's called a lawn mower.

Demonpenz
the internet has spawned so much bitching, when I was growing up it fucking knocked me off AOL so I would have to take my bitching out on Final Fight II with Cody

Yes, you do have a mulcher. It's called a lawn mower.BINGO

J Diddy
01-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Yes, you do have a mulcher. It's called a lawn mower.

I do not have a mulcher, I have scissors. I proclaim to the children it's craft time and they trim away.

Bugeater
01-20-2011, 12:07 AM
I do not have a mulcher, I have scissors. I proclaim to the children it's craft time and they trim away.
Brutal. I hope you have a small yard.

J Diddy
01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Brutal. I hope you have a small yard.

Keeps em off crack.

Chiefspants
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
My high school called off school tomorrow, I'm content as one can be.

Stinger
01-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Well they just called off school here 10 minutes ago.

petegz28
01-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Absolutely THIS!!!

It is. Until it snows...:D

penguinz
01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
two hours to get home last night. 30 minutes to get into work this morning.

HonestChieffan
01-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Looking at it, Id say we got 7-8. I hate snow.

penguinz
01-20-2011, 07:58 AM
I would have to take my shoes off to count the number of idiots i saw last night trying to drive in this crap in their full size rear-wheel drive BMW's and Mercedes benz.

Dartgod
01-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Absolutely THIS!!!

I spent $600 on my snowblower and twice now, I've done in 1 hour what would normally take 3 hours, if I bothered to do it at all. Not to mention the wear and tear I would have done to my back.

Do the math.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel drive sure make life easier.

El Jefe
01-20-2011, 08:22 AM
shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel drive sure make life easier.

"I got a rifle and a shotgun, and a 4 wheel drive, and a Country Boy can survive".

KCUnited
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM

This. Well done KC on both sides of the state line. I did 55 the entire way to work, 30 minutes from downtown to Olathe, now I''m the only one here at work on my team. Lame asses.

penguinz
01-20-2011, 08:32 AM
This. Well done KC on both sides of the state line. I did 55 the entire way to work, 30 minutes from downtown to Olathe, now I''m the only one here at work on my team. Lame asses.I could have been home on 45 minutes last night if there was no one else on the roads.

It is not the road conditions it is the people who have no business trying to drive on them.

KCUnited
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
I could have been home on 45 minutes last night if there was no one else on the roads.

It is not the road conditions it is the people who have no business trying to drive on them.

True that. However, 635 south of the river was completely cleared this morning, so work was being put in by the road crews.

Radar Chief
01-20-2011, 08:53 AM
We got it pretty light here.
Of course as soon as the sun went down it froze so the streets are covered with a sheet of ice, but by that point last night the snow had slowed down so it’s little more than an inch of dry, dusty snow on top of the ice. Kinda like the ice sheet is covered with little tiny ice ball bearings. My Jeep would’ve been a bear to drive in this morning.

luv
01-20-2011, 09:33 AM
I'll definitely have to use the 4WD to get out of my parking lot today.

bevischief
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I stayed home.

luv
01-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I stayed home.

I have to take my last midterm today. I could have taken it last night, but I didn't want to miss the attendance and participation points for today. I only have to make it a few miles.

Lzen
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I spent $600 on my snowblower and twice now, I've done in 1 hour what would normally take 3 hours, if I bothered to do it at all. Not to mention the wear and tear I would have done to my back.

Do the math.
Posted via Mobile Device

If I had a big driveway and/or I was old, I would definitely have to get a snow blower. :D

Lzen
01-20-2011, 11:08 AM
I stayed home.

Shut up, you! :cuss:

Lzen
01-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Bug, how are the roads up to Omaha? Wife has to catch a flight from Omaha tomorrow morning. I'm sure KDOT will have the highways in KS cleared. I'm just wondering about NDOT.

Frosty
01-20-2011, 11:22 AM
If I had a big driveway and/or I was old, I would definitely have to get a snow blower. :D

Both apply to me, so I have this:

http://i56.tinypic.com/68yog6.jpg

gblowfish
01-20-2011, 11:27 AM

Same for me.
Go from I-35 and 95th in OPKS to Independence. Got off I-35 at Rainbow, because traffic was literally stopped up around Cambridge Circle. A couple semis were stuck and couldn't make it up the hill around Penn Valley Park. Worked my way through Crossroads District, 18th & Vine District to Truman Road to get back out to Independence, took a little over two hours. Had to stop every 20 minutes or so and chip the ice off my wipers. This morning took about an hour, just because traffic was moving at about 40 mph on the freeway. Much easier run. Last night was a bitch.

OmahaChief
01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Bug, how are the roads up to Omaha? Wife has to catch a flight from Omaha tomorrow morning. I'm sure KDOT will have the highways in KS cleared. I'm just wondering about NDOT.

The roads in town are fine. There is a little bit of snow cover on minor highways and the side streets are mostly snowpack. Nothing major here but we deal with this kind of snow a alot.

Dartgod
01-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, we have a pretty big driveway.

Hey, wait a minute. I'm not that old! :cuss:

DMAC
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Workin from home since the kids dont have school. "Why do I ever have to be at the office?" is running through my head quite a bit at the moment.

keg in kc
01-20-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm somewhat disappointed to see the sun out. I expected DAYS AND DAYS of blizzard-like conditions.

Living in Olathe sucks sometimes.

Bowser
01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm somewhat disappointed to see the sun out. I expected DAYS AND DAYS of blizzard-like conditions.

Living in Olathe sucks sometimes.

It's the price you pay....

keg in kc
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Issued by The Weather Channel

12:15 pm CST, Thu., Jan. 20, 2011

The latest snowfall reports from The National Weather Service in Kansas City/Pleasant Hill, MO: New Franklin, 10.5"... near Warrensburg, 9.0"... Sweet Springs, 8.5"... Macon, 8.0"... near Basehor, 8.0"... Sedalia, 8.0"... near Tonganoxie, 8.0"... near Maywood, 7.9"... Raytown, 7.3"... near Olathe, 7.2"... Kearney, 7.2"... Carrollton, 7.0"... Gladstone, 7.0"... Richmond, 7.0"... Peculiar, 7.0"... Higginsville, 7.0"... Pleasant Hill, 7.0"... Polo, 7.0"... Stanley, 6.9"... Claycomo, 6.8"... Lexington, 6.7"... Bonner Springs, 6.5"... De Soto, 6.3"... near Lees Summit, 6.2"... Windsor, 6.1"... Effingham, 6.0"... Salisbury, 6.0"... Green Ridge, 6.0"... Cameron, 5.0"... Urich, 5.0"... Amity, 5.0"... St Joseph, 4.8"... Osawatomie, 4.5"... Trenton, 4.5"... Tarkio, 4.1"... Atchison, up to 7.0"... near Weatherby Lake, up to 8.0"... Boonville, up to 10.5".It didn't seem like that much looking out the window.

(alternate comment - when I read near Olathe, 7.2" it made me wonder if I'd left my webcam on last night, and why the weather channel was watching)

LiveSteam
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Jlc-dcZK3E" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

luv
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
We got about 2-3 inches here, I think. Not too bad though. No ice, and the roads and lots seemed to be easily plowed today.

Mr. Laz
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
dam, snowing again :cuss:

supposed to snow quite a bit sunday too

Bowser
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Piss on this. Seriously.

DaFace
01-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Piss on this. Seriously.

ROFL

Over-Head
01-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Weather bomb hitting NS today, were expecting 20-25 cm's Sunday here in NL

googlegoogle
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
For people complaining about price of snowblowers

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/irapBn3t6F0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cpj4dMCDASU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xhL7GhHmADs" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

keg in kc
01-22-2011, 11:37 AM
ARGH... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON CST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON CST SUNDAY.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THIS ADVISORY INCLUDE NORTHWEST... NORTH CENTRAL... AND WEST CENTRAL MISSOURI... AND ADJACENT COUNTIES IN EASTERN KANSAS. THIS INCLUDES AREAS FROM ROCKPORT AND PRINCETON... SOUTH THROUGH THE GREATER KANSAS CITY METROPOLITAN AREA... AND CONCORDIA.

* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP IN FAR NORTHWEST MISSOURI LATE THIS AFTERNOON... BUT WILL QUICKLY BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD AFTER 6 PM AS IT DEVELOPS FURTHER SOUTHEAST.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY SUNRISE SUNDAY MORNING... WITH TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES BY THE END OF THE EVENT SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

LiveSteam
01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
6 to 12 inches expected in Omaha by tomorrow morning.
dont bitch. Learn to have fun in & with the snow.
This is a good way start

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/js49SADXhNU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Bugeater
01-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Piss on this. Seriously.
No, seriously, fuck this shit.