PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 65 toss power trap

1ChiefsDan
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Just re-watching Superbowl 4. So glad I DVR'd it.

Rain Man
01-19-2011, 04:18 PM
You DVR'd it in 1970? I stand in awe of your prescience.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
He was the man from the future the tabloids wrote about then.

Rain Man
01-19-2011, 05:07 PM
And it's odd to me that he waited 40 years to re-watch it.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 05:09 PM
And it's odd to me that he waited 40 years to re-watch it.

He didn't want to create general panic. He's just coming out because he feels we are ready.

1ChiefsDan
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I DVR'd it about a year ago (guess that ruins the awsomeness of the 1970 dvring). Watch it every once in a while. Home today with neck problems, waiting for my MRI tomorrow. Thought it was a nice day to watch. Wondering when we will hear "The Kansas City Chiefs are World Champions" again.

I was almost 2 the last time they said that.

Rain Man
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I've never actually seen Super Bowl IV. I need to watch it at some point. I bet it's on that chiefs game archive that...one of us put together. (I know who it is, but can't remember his user name at the moment. Starts with a c...)

1ChiefsDan
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I've never actually seen Super Bowl IV. I need to watch it at some point. I bet it's on that chiefs game archive that...one of us put together. (I know who it is, but can't remember his user name at the moment. Starts with a c...)try this link:
http://www.kcchiefsgames.com/

kcfanXIII
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I dloaded a B & W copy of the original broadcast. Commercials and all. I watch it from time to time.

Rain Man
01-19-2011, 05:38 PM
try this link:
http://www.kcchiefsgames.com/

Yeah, that's it! Cmac!

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I DVR'd it about a year ago (guess that ruins the awsomeness of the 1970 dvring).

Nice cover up. But we know better already.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I've never actually seen Super Bowl IV. I need to watch it at some point. I bet it's on that chiefs game archive that...one of us put together. (I know who it is, but can't remember his user name at the moment. Starts with a c...)

The very first Football game I ever watched.

My friends and I, only a few months in the US, were American Football deniers. A Mr. Khamsi who was an older Iranian student at KU reserved a few seats right in front of the lone (24") Templin Hall TV set (in the lobby) and we reluctantly accepted his invite. He explained the basics of the game as it went on. By the end of the game and the fact that the local team (The Chiefs) won we were very impressed.

The next season I was hooked.

KurtCobain
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
The very first Football game I ever watched.

My friends and I, only a few months in the US, were American Football deniers. A Mr. Khamsi who was an older Iranian student at KU reserved a few seats right in front of the lone (24") Templin Hall TV set (in the lobby) and we reluctantly accepted his invite. He explained the basics of the game as it went on. By the end of the game and the fact that the local team (The Chiefs) won we were very impressed.

The next season I was hooked.

You old man, you.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I've never actually seen Super Bowl IV. I need to watch it at some point. I bet it's on that chiefs game archive that...one of us put together. (I know who it is, but can't remember his user name at the moment. Starts with a c...)And ends with layWhit I bet. ;)

A couple of years ago another poster here was kind enough to send me a DVD of it. It is not the greatest quality, but it's live broadcast. I have to find it now that I'm archiving my DVDs.

Rain Man
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Nice cover up. But we know better already.

He's denying it because he thinks we can't handle it. Any time now he'll travel to the past and not post this thread, and then he'll try again in a couple of years.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
You old man, you.

I'm a 33 year old man trapped in a 59 year old body. Can't wait until I can have them clone me and transfer my current consciousness and experience into my new young body.

MatriculatingHank
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I remember watching this like it was yesterday. I was a 9 year old kid in Mississippi who wore Chiefs gear to school each and every day. I still have friends who ask me if I still like the Chiefs over 40 years later.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
He's denying it because he thinks we can't handle it. Any time now he'll travel to the past and not post this thread, and then he'll try again in a couple of years.

This is exactly the case. :thumb:

KurtCobain
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Can't wait until I can have them clone me and transfer my current consciousness and experience into my new young body.

That's gonna be a good day for you.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I dloaded a B & W copy of the original broadcast. Commercials and all. I watch it from time to time.

I think, that's the one I have too on DVD (VCD?) How's the image quality with your download?

WebGem
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I sure wish I wasn't negative 15 years old during that season.

Frankie
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I sure wish I wasn't negative 15 years old during that season.

WHIPPERSNAPPER! .... GET OFF MY LAWN!

WebGem
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
WHIPPERSNAPPER! .... GET OFF MY LAWN!

That twisting facelock jawbreaker was amazing, it really was.