PDA

View Full Version : Post Underclassman Declaration Chiefs Mock Draft

Saccopoo
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
1. Stephen Paea, DT; Oregon State: 6'1", 310 lbs.
- The First Team AP All-American is insanely strong (500 lb. bench, 600 lb. squat) and plays with phenomenal leverage. Immovable and demands a double team. Was co-captain of the Beavers for two consecutive years. He isn't "proto-type" for a Crennel NT, but his amazing strength makes it a non-issue. He's also "lean" for his size and has room to easily pack on additional weight. (Again, a non-issue however.) Plays hard every down. Perhaps a bit high, but he won't be there in the second round and the Chiefs desperately need a nose tackle of this caliber to make Crennel's 3-4 system work correctly. Only played one year of high school football.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/democratherald.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/b/17/22a/b1722ab8-fd1a-11df-89f3-001cc4c002e0-revisions/4cf5f5edde6df.image.jpg

Alternative(s):
Tony Costanzo, OT; Boston College
Gabe Carimi, OT; Wisconsin
- Richardson was actually pulled from a game for sucking. Albert, after three full NFL seasons, doesn't show any progression in his game. He just isn't a NFL caliber OT. Seamus O'Murphy is the only other OT on the roster and he sucks. The OT issue is real. There is no depth or talent at this position.

2. Randall Cobb, WR/QB/KR/PR/RB/PH/Anything else you can think of; Kentucky: 5'11", 190 lbs.

- Cobb, a junior First Team All-American, decided to throw his hat into the NFL draft late. He scored points eight different ways this past season for the Wildcats and is athletic as all hell. Former high school track star that put down 10.7 second 100 meter runs. Thickly built with great football instincts.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/randall-cobb.jpg

3. Joseph Barksdale, OT; LSU: 6'5", 325 lbs.
- Barksdale in the third would be a coup for the Chiefs. He's got great hand work, size and experience being a three year starter at the RT and LT positions for the Tigers.

http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/football/nfl/2002/draft/img13623128.jpg

4. Tom Keiser, OLB; Stanford: 6'5", 245 lbs.
- A surprise underclassman entry into the draft, Keiser, a red-shirt junior, has prototypical 3-4 size. Played the OLB position in a 3-4 with Stanford in '10 after playing a 4-3 DE the two previous years. Former Freshman First Team All-American had 19.5 career sacks.

http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00006dfA0yUcWx8/s

5. Colin Kaepernick, QB; Nevada: 6'6", 225 lbs.
- The only player in college football history to pass for 9,000 yards and rush for 4,000, Kaepernick has an odd delivery but it's effective. The guy is the definition of a winner, period. Tall and lanky, but extremely athletic. His college numbers are the stuff of legends. There is a lot of upside to a guy like this if he gets the proper coaching.

http://deepshadesofblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nevada_colin_kaepernick.jpg

6. Zane Taylor, C; Utah: 6'3", 305 lbs.
- First team All-Conference, Taylor is a three year starter at center for the Utes and a four time first team all-academic. Strongest player on the Utes with 41 reps at 225 on the bench and 500+ lb. squats. Three time state wrestling champion and track and field champion in high school. (Watch the 2009 Sugar Bowl highlights where, Taylor, as a first year starter at center, wears Terrance Cody like a cheap velour suit. Runs the guy down.)

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/269/assets/25_outland_award_t.jpg

7. Robert Hughes, FB/RB; Notre Dame: 5'11", 245 lbs.
- Very effective as a multi-dimensional tool out of the backfield a la Kimble Anders. Excellent short yardage back with good hands that shows elusiveness in the open field. Very strong in the weight room and allows him to run through tackles.

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-11/185429800-13175234.jpg

MOhillbilly
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
do not want pea. hes to small i dont care how strong he is. my cousin is a fresh. and his bench is close to 5 bills but he isnt a dt because he doesnt have the girth. KC needs a 340-380# NT.

Bewbies
01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
do not want pea. hes to small i dont care how strong he is. my cousin is a fresh. and his bench is close to 5 bills but he isnt a dt because he doesnt have the girth. KC needs a 340-380# NT.

Rookies don't come in that heavy, they grow into it.

I'm proud of Sack-a-poo, this is a good mock.

the Talking Can
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
we've got 2 fifth round picks, no?

what's Cobb's story? sounds depressingly like McCluster...

Saul Good
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM

How so? He's 5'11, 190 and a straight speed guy. None of that is similar to Dex.

Saul Good
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I would take this draft in a heartbeat.

jd1020
01-20-2011, 08:42 PM
we've got 2 fifth round picks, no?

Don't know anything about this Cobb kid. He sounds like a jack of all trades but master of none. Ship him off to the Dolphins.

Do. Not. Want.

Saul Good
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Don't know anything about this Cobb kid. He sounds like a jack of all trades but master of none. Ship him off to the Dolphins.

Do. Not. Want.

84 catches and 1000+ yards receiving as a Junior in the SEC? Sounds like he's mastered the WR position. Why do people want to bag on a guy who can do it all?

I guess LdT wasn't a good NFL player because he ran the ball and caught the ball and threw the ball.

jd1020
01-20-2011, 09:03 PM
84 catches and 1000+ yards receiving as a Junior in the SEC? Sounds like he's mastered the WR position. Why do people want to bag on a guy who can do it all?

I guess LdT wasn't a good NFL player because he ran the ball and caught the ball and threw the ball.

Why do we want a guy that can do it all? This isn't a wildcat offense. Cassels game is not down field so I'll never understand this "we need a deep threat" garbage. He wasn't lighting up the 40+ game in NE with Moss... We need another big, above average but not blazing fast, sure hands WR.

Reading up on this kid... Poor hands, not a great route runner, not a good blocker, not a patient runner, not as quick as he's made out to be, small size (obviously). People are predicting him to be a mid round pick up as a slot receiver. That's who we want to draft with our 2nd? Do. Not. Want.

the Talking Can
01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
How so? He's 5'11, 190 and a straight speed guy. None of that is similar to Dex.

well, that's why i asked a question...

Dante84
01-20-2011, 11:00 PM
The draft looks solid, but are these guys slotted where you have us selecting them?

You think they will all be available when we pick?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Interior lineman from Utah? Check
Colin Kaepernick? Check
Tackle pushed way too far down the board? Check
Fullback? Check

Sounds like a Saccopoo mock to me.

KurtCobain
01-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I like rounds 1, 3, and 6.

Saccopoo
01-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Interior lineman from Utah? Check
Colin Kaepernick? Check
Tackle pushed way too far down the board? Check
Fullback? Check

Sounds like a Saccopoo mock to me.

Holy shit...you are one hateful fucker.

Saccopoo
01-21-2011, 03:06 AM
The draft looks solid, but are these guys slotted where you have us selecting them?

You think they will all be available when we pick?

To amend my initial draft based on the underclassmen declarations, I picked guys who I felt would be there when the Chiefs picked this coming draft.

Yes, I think these guys will be there when the Chiefs pick.

To answer previous posters, Cobb is the guy that the Chiefs wished they drafted last year in the second round (though Zane Beadles would have been a godsend at RT at that first pick in that round). He's a stud. Thickly built and confident as all hell. Chiefs need a guy who can go across the middle with reckless abandon and has the muscle to do so. Cobb is that guy and more.

Saccopoo
01-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Why do we want a guy that can do it all? This isn't a wildcat offense. Cassels game is not down field so...

And that's exactly why a guy like Cobb makes sense. (It's also why we drafted McCluster.)

Cobb has insane athleticism and is an offensive version of Berry. (If you don't know, Berry was a high school quarterback that got college offers everywhere based on his athleticism alone.)

Cobb does everything and has a rock solid body. If he was a full time receiver, he might have led the nation in yardage, but, as it stands, he can pass, run, catch or punt/kick return with the best of them.

The Chiefs need athletes. This guy defines the concept. It's why he's everybody's First Team All American.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/leftycobb.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/10/12/mailbag/randall-cobb-getty-story.jpg
http://kykernel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/091003_UKvsAlabamaapw349.jpg
http://media.govolsxtra.com/media/img/photos/2010/11/26/cobb_volclassic01_9580_t607.jpg(Guy on the left.)

Saccopoo
01-21-2011, 04:43 AM
Mr. Goodbye

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i09R28AWgFU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Holy shit...you are one hateful fucker.

:D...I am, but I also like you. In fact, I'm probably one of the only people that like you.

I hope you're in the mock this year. If not, you're the most deserving potential entrant.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2011, 10:57 PM
:D...I am, but I also like you. In fact, I'm probably one of the only people that like you.

I hope you're in the mock this year. If not, you're the most deserving potential entrant.

If I decide to pass on my spot, I was planning on demanding that he take mine.

Looking like a nightmare semester for me so far.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2011, 11:48 PM
I figured Sac would be one who got in this year.

aturnis
01-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Ha! Give him the Patriots! There won't be any tackles left by the fourth round!

Urc Burry
01-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I would rather get a FA WR and draft Ryan Williams or Daniel Thomas in the second....Thomas Jones is dead to me

Saccopoo
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I would rather get a FA WR and draft Ryan Williams or Daniel Thomas in the second....Thomas Jones is dead to me

And why is that? Because, as a north/south runner, it's extremely difficult to run behind an offensive line that can't block for shit?

I'm sure that all of those other 1000 yard plus seasons that he had don't mean much though, or that he was at 900 yards this season behind a dog shit offensive line?

Or that Jones has never rushed for huge YPC averages, but is extremely durable and keeps a defense honest by continuing to run up the middle?

I'm sure you are aware that Jones' highest YPC season average is 4.5. And that he has four seasons where he averaged less than what he did this year in KC.

Or are you a moron and think that he should be equaling Charles (and Jim Brown and Gayle Sayers) type YPC averages?

I'm curious why he's "dead to you." What reasons do you have for hating on the guy?

Urc Burry
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
And why is that? Because, as a north/south runner, it's extremely difficult to run behind an offensive line that can't block for shit?

I'm sure that all of those other 1000 yard plus seasons that he had don't mean much though, or that he was at 900 yards this season behind a dog shit offensive line?

Or that Jones has never rushed for huge YPC averages, but is extremely durable and keeps a defense honest by continuing to run up the middle?

I'm sure you are aware that Jones' highest YPC season average is 4.5. And that he has four seasons where he averaged less than what he did this year in KC.

Or are you a moron and think that he should be equaling Charles (and Jim Brown and Gayle Sayers) type YPC averages?

I'm curious why he's "dead to you." What reasons do you have for hating on the guy?
Or because he's old as shit, and this is probably his last year in the league :shrug:

Either way you want to look at it

Also Jones was considered a bust until his second season with Chicago...but i'm sure you knew that

aturnis
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM

Because you can't do a lot with him? If he's in, it's either a pass or a run up the gut for 2.8yds. We tried to run him outside to keep defenses honest, but that didn't really work. So many times he ran for 3 yds - no gain.

Saccopoo
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Or because he's old as shit, and this is probably his last year in the league :shrug:

Either way you want to look at it

Also Jones was considered a bust until his second season with Chicago...but i'm sure you knew that

So, he's "old as shit" at 32, in great shape and just ran for 900 yards as a member of a dual option rushing attack, and you also have it on strict authority that he's retiring, so that's why we need to draft a power back in the second round?

Gotcha.

Urc Burry
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
So, he's "old as shit" at 32, in great shape and just ran for 900 yards as a member of a dual option rushing attack, and you also have it on strict authority that he's retiring, so that's why we need to draft a power back in the second round?

Gotcha.

It doesn't matter how good of shape he's in if he can't make a 4 yard gain to save his life. :banghead:

And yes that would be why we take one in the second round, have him learn from a vet like Jones his rookie year, so in year 2 he is ready to go :clap:

Saccopoo
01-23-2011, 10:56 PM
It doesn't matter how good of shape he's in if he can't make a 4 yard gain to save his life. :banghead:

And yes that would be why we take one in the second round, have him learn from a vet like Jones his rookie year, so in year 2 he is ready to go :clap:

Why would you want anyone to learn from a guy who you think sucks? And how can they learn from Jones when you've already stated that your insider information tells you that he's retiring?

Urc Burry
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Why would you want anyone to learn from a guy who you think sucks? And how can they learn from Jones when you've already stated that your insider information tells you that he's retiring?

I never said he wasn't a smart vet who knows whats going on...and Jones signed a 2 year contract with us...he is one year down....meaning he has one year left....duh

aturnis
01-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Not to mention drafting a tackle will do very little to help TJ gain more hards. The gut is usually where he runs and gets stuffed from. Wegs gives up a lot of ground, and can't open up the middle for shit.

We aren't all against you as far as drafting o line goes. Just that RT is not our biggest weakness on the o line. Nor is it the draft pick that will most help us win games next year.

Urc Burry
01-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Not to mention drafting a tackle will do very little to help TJ gain more hards. The gut is usually where he runs and gets stuffed from. Wegs gives up a lot of ground, and can't open up the middle for shit.

We aren't all against you as far as drafting o line goes. Just that RT is not our biggest weakness on the o line. Nor is it the draft pick that will most help us win games next year.

Yup, the only O-Lineman i'm okay with drafting in the first round is Pouncey..and thats if our other options are already taken

jrobbins 20
01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Go fuck ur selfs we need stephen phea dumbass and we already got 3 300 pound linemen who are weak and just plain fat nt needs to be big but also strong and pioli needs to get fired on the spot tyson jackson #3 overall we shouldve got terence cody last year then if we needed a 400 lb nt but they passed on him twice and i dont want any more lsu players cuz as good as they were in college is as bad as they are in the nfl

jrobbins 20
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I guess we figured out who was the real genius down there in new england.Pioli drafts tyson jackson and patriots go 14-2 and pioli just plain cant draft the only good pick i think hes made is Eric Berry.Well in fairness piolis and haleys 2nd year draft was way better than the first but i will never like pioli again just because he wasted a #3 overall pick on tyson jackson.Traded Gonzalles cut our starting safety who had a pro bowl year with the texans this year traded the other one for a sixth round pick and didnt draft a wr in the draft last two years.He must feel stupid for trading Gonzalles why else would he draft a foreign tight end who just happens to have the name tony.Look pioli the best thing u can do is realize u are worse than carl peterson.I know everybody over here is gonna call me stupid but more than half our starters were drafted by peterson and the the rest of them are people we signed from other teams fuck pioli he just needs to blow his own head off if for no other reason TYSON JACKSON #3 OVERALL like really pioli i never even heard of this dude before and i reguallary watch college football.

Urc Burry
01-24-2011, 11:56 AM
I guess we figured out who was the real genius down there in new england.Pioli drafts tyson jackson and patriots go 14-2 and pioli just plain cant draft the only good pick i think hes made is Eric Berry.Well in fairness piolis and haleys 2nd year draft was way better than the first but i will never like pioli again just because he wasted a #3 overall pick on tyson jackson.Traded Gonzalles cut our starting safety who had a pro bowl year with the texans this year traded the other one for a sixth round pick and didnt draft a wr in the draft last two years.He must feel stupid for trading Gonzalles why else would he draft a foreign tight end who just happens to have the name tony.Look pioli the best thing u can do is realize u are worse than carl peterson.I know everybody over here is gonna call me stupid but more than half our starters were drafted by peterson and the the rest of them are people we signed from other teams **** pioli he just needs to blow his own head off if for no other reason TYSON JACKSON #3 OVERALL like really pioli i never even heard of this dude before and i reguallary watch college football.

Your stupid.

Yes the '09 draft sucked, but the '10 was pretty goooood. Two starting safetys, starting TE, project at OLB, and whatever you want to call Arenas and McCluster...and more than half our starters were drafted by Peterson because he was the GM before two years ago?? :hmmm:

Mike fucking Brown was better in coverage than Pollard, and why would you not dump off your old TE who doesn't want to be there for a second round pick?

Bewbies
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
LOL wut?

Chiefnj2
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Pet twitter reports:

Stephen Paea 6'1" 295 at the Senior Bowl weigh in. Just not going to be big enough for KC's NT.

spanky 52
01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Pet twitter reports:

Stephen Paea 6'1" 295 at the Senior Bowl weigh in. Just not going to be big enough for KC's NT.

He'll make a real nice 4-3 tackle for someone.

Saccopoo
01-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Pet twitter reports:

And there you go.

Time to redo my Chiefs mock. Offennnnnsiiiiive Taaaaaaaacklllllllllllllle!

ChiefsCountry
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Pet twitter reports:

Damn I like him, but I called it early about his weight.