PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefter: Sounds Like Haley Will Call The Plays

WebGem
01-21-2011, 02:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36559/nfl-insider-adam-schefter

Anthony (New York City, NY)
Any news on the OC for the Chiefs? The earlier the better as the progression of Cassel & the Chiefs' 2011 draft might be different until an OC is hired??!!

Adam Schefter (2:46 PM)
Anthony: No matter who the Chiefs hire as their OC, it still sounds like Todd Haley will call the plays. I've gotten a lot of questions about the Chiefs OC, but it's really one of the more insignificant hires that will be made. The Chiefs offense will have Haley's imprint all over it.

Brock
01-21-2011, 02:52 PM
:facepalm:

Shogun
01-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I really don't care if he is calling the plays or not tbh.

DMAC
01-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I care more about this clock that seems to be stuck at 2:55.

FringeNC
01-21-2011, 02:58 PM
but according to Whitlock, Haley is Pioli's lackey...

Sounds like Haley has some power around Arrowhead...

suds79
01-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Eh I don't have a problem with Todd calling plays. The offense will be fine.

I think our offensive problems back in his first year had more to do with LJ averaging 2.5 YPC more so than his play calls.

Offense got a lot better when Jamaal took over.

ModSocks
01-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Fine. Call the plays. I have no issue with that. However, he still needs an OC.

Chiefnj2
01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
First year with Todd in control of offense and a poor DC = complete mess.

2nd year with good OC and DC = team overachieves.

I know which option I prefer.

DaFace
01-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Just because I'm sure we'll need it in this thread eventually...

http://www.wingstaiwan.com/avatars/oh_noes.gif

The Rick
01-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Meh...head coaches calling their own plays happens all the time: Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Norv Turner, etc. Like others, I'm not too worried as long as there is an actual OC.

DMAC
01-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Meh...head coaches calling their own plays happens all the time: Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Norv Turner, etc. Like others, I'm not too worried as long as there is an actual OC.

There will be

Huffman83
01-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Well obviously if all doesn't go well the thread next year will read. Schefter: Sounds like Haley will call for unemployment.

As long as there is someone to help coach up the offense. I don't see a problem.

Sofa King
01-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Great. Now we're not gonna have an OC.

Charles will get hurt, Cassel will regress, bowe will start dropping again. our offense will crumble.

just as well hand the keys over to Oakland for the division.

KurtCobain
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
So, we're panicking now, right?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
First year with Todd in control of offense and a poor DC = complete mess.

2nd year with good OC and DC = team overachieves.

I know which option I prefer.

Yea cause having people like ...larry johnson,Ikechuku Ndukwe,mike goff,mark Bradley, B. Engram,S. Ryan didn't help haley out on O...You could of had the best play caller in the world nothing help that crap team.

DMAC
01-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Yea cause having people like ...larry johnson,Ikechuku Ndukwe,mike goff,mark Bradley, B. Engram,S. Ryan didn't help haley out on O...You could of had the best play caller in the world nothing help that crap team.

Chan seemed to do okay.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan

Isn't that the default setting for most poster here? :banghead:

Huffman83

Wait...not yet.

Ok.

Now.

Huffman83
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Chan seemed to do okay.

When he had a boss who didn't give a shit anymore and figured "Well...if that works..fuck it! Try it out."

DeezNutz
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM

Larry Johnson? It was the coach's decision for 2.7 to play. LJ wasn't the one who told the coaches to make Charles inactive.

DeezNutz
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
If Haley calls plays, he needs to have a strong right-hand man who will help him manage gameday decisions, like managing the clock, handling strategic decisions based on down and distance, etc.

King_Chief_Fan
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Great. Now we're not gonna have an OC.

Charles will get hurt, Cassel will regress, bowe will start dropping again. our offense will crumble.

just as well hand the keys over to Oakland for the division.

well, if that happens, Pioli gets to fire 2 guys for the price of one.

King_Chief_Fan
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Chan seemed to do okay.

Charlie Chan?

PatrickAllen
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Please remove this thread immediately. Copying an entire article that you did not write and posting it on another web site is plagiarism.

HotRoute
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I called this from the beggining, Haley is a perfectly fine OC as long as he has some talent around to call plays for.

If there is a dropoff in offensive performance I dont think it will be Haleys faul. It will more likely be the schedule were are getting next year.

HotRoute
01-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Please remove this thread immediately. Copying an entire article that you did not write and posting it on another web site is plagiarism.

Either you are new around here, or my sarcasm meter is broken

kstater

Gonna need your lawyers email to do that.

Brock

FO. The article "plagiarizes" content from Adam Schefter.

PatrickAllen
01-21-2011, 03:46 PM
It is my article, from my site and it is plagiarism.

It needs to be removed immediately.

Brock
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM

It also sends traffic over to your shitty website.

morphius
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM

The thread doesn't need to be removed, I cut out all but the important part and left a link to the article....

CupidStunt
01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Haley is becoming a joke at this point. Assuming of course that he already isn't.

Won't be HC in 2013 (gets this year by default, last chance to prove himself in 2012, contract not renewed after its 4th and final year).

PatrickAllen
01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Ever hear of free use? There is a difference between quoting and plagiarizing.

ModSocks
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM

Who the fuck are you suppose to be?

PatrickAllen
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Actually it doesn't send traffic to our website. When the entire article is posted here, there is no reason to go to our "shitty website."

Also Arrowhead Addict has no problem with Chiefs Planet...we just have a problem with our content getting ripped off and posted elsewhere. Linked or not.

ModSocks
01-21-2011, 03:50 PM
The thread doesn't need to be removed, I cut out all but the important part and left a link to the article....

That's awfully nice of you Morphius.

ESPN.com’s Adam Schefter had a live chat today with readers and one of the questions he got was about the progress of the Kansas City Chiefs’ offensive coordinator search.
Here is what Shefty had to say:
Adam Schefter
(2:46 PM)
Anthony: No matter who the Chiefs hire as their OC, it still sounds like Todd Haley will call the plays. I’ve gotten a lot of questions about the Chiefs OC, but it’s really one of the more insignificant hires that will be made. The Chiefs offense will have Haley’s imprint all over it.
It sounds like Schefter is hearing that Haley plans to call the plays. Before you all start freaking out, hear me out after the jump.
Even if Haley does call the plays next season, don’t expect a repeat of the offenses 2009 performance. As long as the Chiefs actually hire a coordinator I think everything will be fine.
There is a big difference between Haley being the offensive coordinator and Haley simply calling the plays on game day. Part of the problem in 2009 was that Haley was stretched too thin, running around trying to be present in all the offensive meetings while also handling his head coaching duties. In 2011, Haley will likely have a coordinator who will be able to be present for all that stuff for him. The coach will work with the coordinator to put together the game plan and on game day, he’ll make the calls from the sideline.
As long as a coordinator is present, I am alright with Haley calling the plays. The Chiefs have now been working with his playbook for 2 years so the learning curve will only apply to new players and rookies. Haley proved himself to be a talented play caller in Arizona so I have no reason to believe he can’t do it again in KC.
As for his 2009 campaign calling plays, I think the problem had more to do with the players learning the system and not yet being able to execute it than it did with Haley’s choice of plays. As long as the Chiefs have the players that can execute Haley’s plays, the offense should succeed.
Now if you don’t think Haley is a good play caller, that is another story. However, if you are only worried that he can’t handle the load of head coach and play caller, try to take solace in that if there is a coordinator present, Haley should be able to manage the duties.
For now, Schefter isn’t offering up any proof so we have to take his words as speculation at this point. For now, we’ll just have to wait and see what the Chiefs decide to do.

Written by Patrick Allen

Fritz88
First year: Haley called the plays, we did not do well.
Second year: Haley hires an OC and concentrates on game management and players, we do well.

Pretty obvious, really.

PatrickAllen
Thanks for taking the article down. I did not mean to say the entire thread needs to be taken down, just my content. Thanks very much.

Cheers.

Brock
Actually it doesn't send traffic to our website. When the entire article is posted here, there is no reason to go to our "shitty website."

Also Arrowhead Addict has no problem with Chiefs Planet...we just have a problem with our content getting ripped off and posted elsewhere. Linked or not.

That's okay, your article sucked balls anyway.

MIAdragon
I really don't care if he is calling the plays or not tbh.

He fucking sucks calling the plays, do you not remember 09. FUCK!

notorious
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I do not think this is a good idea at all.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM

Dude, I weep for the education of people these days.

It's not plagiarism. No one is passing it off as their own work.

If anything, it was potentially copyright infringement, although it could be argued that it might fall under the Fair Use clause.

If you're going to come to a bulletin board and argue your case, at least know what the hell you're talking about. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

kstater
01-21-2011, 03:52 PM

ESPN.com’s Adam Schefter had a live chat today with readers and one of the questions he got was about the progress of the Kansas City Chiefs’ offensive coordinator search.
Adam Schefter
Anthony: No matter who the Chiefs hire as their OC, it still sounds like Todd Haley will call the plays. I’ve gotten a lot of questions about the Chiefs OC, but it’s really one of the more insignificant hires that will be made. The Chiefs offense will have Haley’s imprint all over it.
It sounds like Schefter is hearing that Haley plans to call the plays. Before you all start freaking out, hear me out after the jump.
Even if Haley does call the plays next season, don’t expect a repeat of the offenses 2009 performance. As long as the Chiefs actually hire a coordinator I think everything will be fine.
There is a big difference between Haley being the offensive coordinator and Haley simply calling the plays on game day. Part of the problem in 2009 was that Haley was stretched too thin, running around trying to be present in all the offensive meetings while also handling his head coaching duties. In 2011, Haley will likely have a coordinator who will be able to be present for all that stuff for him. The coach will work with the coordinator to put together the game plan and on game day, he’ll make the calls from the sideline.
As long as a coordinator is present, I am alright with Haley calling the plays. The Chiefs have now been working with his playbook for 2 years so the learning curve will only apply to new players and rookies. Haley proved himself to be a talented play caller in Arizona so I have no reason to believe he can’t do it again in KC.
As for his 2009 campaign calling plays, I think the problem had more to do with the players learning the system and not yet being able to execute it than it did with Haley’s choice of plays. As long as the Chiefs have the players that can execute Haley’s plays, the offense should succeed.
Now if you don’t think Haley is a good play caller, that is another story. However, if you are only worried that he can’t handle the load of head coach and play caller, try to take solace in that if there is a coordinator present, Haley should be able to manage the duties.
For now, Schefter isn’t offering up any proof so we have to take his words as speculation at this point. For now, we’ll just have to wait and see what the Chiefs decide to do.
Interesting ideas you have there Detoxing, you should start a website or something.

Brock
01-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Adam Schefter

I disagree with most of that, Detoxing. I appreciate the time it took you to write it, though.

morphius

If anything, it was potentially copyright infringement, although it could be argued that it might fall under the Fair Use clause.

If you're going to come to a bulletin board and argue your case, at least know what the hell you're talking about. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Are you sure it wasn't a patent infringement?

morphius
hoping I didn't cause your hear to explode

ModSocks

This.

How the hell can you call something plagiarism if no one is claiming the piece as theirs? No one here came out and said, "Hey, look at this article I wrote".

PatrickAllen
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Again, appreciate you taking it down. Much appreciated.

Go Chiefs.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
All right. Now people are stirring the water unnecessarily.

I disagree with the writer of the article's method's and abrasive attempt to deal with the situation, but some of you here are actually excaberating the situation. Let's at least use the proper tools for training.

There's a better way to deal with this.

Stay classy, folks.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Again, appreciate you taking it down. Much appreciated.

Go Chiefs.

You run a fan site which pulls links about Chiefs stories and then comment on them.

Do you live in your parents basement like GoChiefs?

Stop taking yourself so seriously, you really aren't special.

-King-
01-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Haley is becoming a joke at this point. Assuming of course that he already isn't.

Won't be HC in 2013 (gets this year by default, last chance to prove himself in 2012, contract not renewed after its 4th and final year).

Yeah. He sucks. Any coach can take a team from 2-14 to 10-6 and the playoffs in 2 years.

Yeah, he's a joke.

PatrickAllen
01-21-2011, 04:01 PM
I run a Chiefs web site which comments on news articles, reports news and produces at least two original commentary articles five days a week. I have a responsibility to my employers to make sure our work is only being posted on Arrowhead Addict. That is why I stopped by to ask that that the article be removed.

I may have been abrasive in my request, I admit, but posting the whole of people's work is not cool, whatever you call it. Again, I thank you for pulling and am sorry so many of you feel the need to spit insults.

Cheers and go Chiefs.

-King-
He fucking sucks calling the plays, do you not remember 09. FUCK!

And the year before he called plays for a superbowl team. Odd.

ChiefsCountry
You run a fan site which pulls links about Chiefs stories and then comment on them.

Do you live in your parents basement like GoChiefs?

Stop taking yourself so seriously, you really aren't special.

No shit.

siberian khatru
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
If Haley calls plays, he needs to have a strong right-hand man who will help him manage gameday decisions, like managing the clock, handling strategic decisions based on down and distance, etc.

Dammit, and Dick Curl just retired!

Iowanian

You're a twat, your article sucked and Sedated ejaculated on your girlfriend's c-section scar.

The Bad Guy
I run a Chiefs web site which comments on news articles, reports news and produces at least two original commentary articles five days a week. I have a responsibility to my employers to make sure our work is only being posted on Arrowhead Addict. That is why I stopped by to ask that that the article be removed.

I may have been abrasive in my request, I admit, but posting the whole of people's work is not cool, whatever you call it. Again, I thank you for pulling and am sorry so many of you feel the need to spit insults.

Cheers and go Chiefs.

Hopefully next time you post entire blurbs from Schefter, he cares enough to e-mail you.

What a fucking hypocritical bunch of nonsense. I'm sorry you actually think you're someone we should give a shit about.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a patent infringement?

morphius
hoping I didn't cause your hear to explode

Pretty certain it doesn't fall under patent infringement.

At least not according to the vague memories I have from my pre-law classes from <font size="-2">entirely too long ago</font>. However, the copyright/plagiarism issue is something I've had to get familiar with working on a Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers of America committee as well as the time I spent in my misbegotten youth as a journalist.

So, yeah, I think I know plagiarism from copyright infringement.

I think . . . . :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Their whole business model is cutting and copying from news sources and yet he bitches about his article here getting posted.

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM

A team with an offensive minded HC, Kurt Warner, Fitz, and Boldin. Okay.

As HC of the Chiefs, his only winning season was with elite offensive and defensive coordinators. Without them?

But yeah, let's crown his ass.

Iowanian
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe the offseason mission of this group of people should be to spend the next year making sure arrowheadaddict doesn't commit the sin for which they cast stones.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM

As HC of the Chiefs, his only winning season was with elite offensive and defensive coordinators. Without them?

But yeah, let's crown his ass.

Everytime you post, I really think you are as stupid as Tribal Welfare.

notorious

Those guys would make Herm look good.

Well, maybe that's a little overboard.....

DaFace
Since we're really just quoting Schefter, there's no point in giving the guy any advertising at all, so I went ahead and changed the link to the original source.

Quesadilla Joe
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Haley is nowhere near as good as the guys you mentioned. I know I wouldn't want Denver to hire Haley as an OC.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Arrowheadpride absolutely kills ArrowheadAddict too.

The demand for Chiefs content on the internet must be high.

kstater
01-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Since we're really just quoting Schefter, there's no point in giving the guy any advertising at all, so I went ahead and removed the link.

LMAO

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Everytime you post, I really think you are as stupid as Tribal Welfare.

Can I get a man favor in the form of a warning when I'm close to crossing that threshold?

Iowanian
01-21-2011, 04:11 PM

"HAD"...."HAD" no problem. I do agree that your website is almost as shitty as your copy and paste "writing"

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Haley is nowhere near as good as the guys you mentioned. I know I wouldn't want Denver to hire Haley as an OC.

No one asked your opinion you quitting piece of shit.

Ebolapox
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
That's awfully nice of you, Daface.

Adam Schefter
Now if you don’t think Haley is a good play caller, that is another story. However, if you are only worried that he can’t handle the load of head coach and play caller, try to take solace in that if there is a coordinator present, Haley should be able to manage the duties. I'M A FUCKING RETARD WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT COPYRIGHT LAW OR THE INTERNET AND LIVE IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT.

Written by Some Douchebag

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 04:32 PM

Adam Schefter

Written by Some Douchebag

Patrick Athan can lick me.

the Talking Can
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
fine by me...

Ebolapox
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Patrick Athan can lick me.

he likely does that to supplement income (from the shitty website). I hear he makes gay bukkake porn on the side, for a lil' summ summin'

the Talking Can
01-21-2011, 04:37 PM

we will destroy you

Hammock Parties
01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Schefter's just speculating. Who cares?

-King-
01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
we will destroy you

Tpflanz him. LMAO

Iowanian
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
UNCLE! UNCLE!

MIAdragon
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM

JFC.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM
he likely does that to supplement income (from the shitty website). I hear he makes gay bukkake porn on the side, for a lil' summ summin'

Well he is an actor in NYC. He probally does do that.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM

I hear a certain Curled Dick may be available ;)

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM

:spock:

-King-
01-21-2011, 04:50 PM
JFC.

What? He didnt?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
What? He didnt?

Sounds like another exciting offseason of Haley, Pioli, and Cassel suck. Hoooorrraaaay :whackit:

Kerberos
01-21-2011, 04:59 PM

Someone piss in your cheerios this morning?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Whats funny if you go to there site everything is ripped off twitter or espn lol

gman1220
01-21-2011, 05:06 PM
ur all a bunch of gay raider fan

Hammock Parties
01-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Every blog is that way.

There's no way any blog should complain about people copying their posts.

mcaj22
01-21-2011, 05:21 PM

yea too bad Todd Haley doesnt hold a fucking candle to any of those guys in teams of experience, staff, etc

CupidStunt
01-21-2011, 05:22 PM
:spock:

It's a process. We're a developing fanbase.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 05:33 PM
yea too bad Todd Haley doesnt hold a ****ing candle to any of those guys in teams of experience, staff, etc

Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels, Ron Rivera, Reheem Morris also have or will be calling their own plays....

The Bad Guy
01-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Every blog is that way.

There's no way any blog should complain about people copying their posts.

Another piece of hypocricy from you.

You cried about full articles getting posted here.

Here's a newsflash, you are a lot closer to Patrick Allen then you realize.

WebGem
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Since we're really just quoting Schefter, there's no point in giving the guy any advertising at all, so I went ahead and changed the link to the original source.

Wait, what did I post? LOL. I saw the thing on Twitter and posted it really quick when I was doing something else. Did I just post his bio page or something?

kstater
01-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Wait, what did I post? LOL. I saw the thing on Twitter and posted it really quick when I was doing something else. Did I just post his bio page or something?

You posted an article from some trashy website. The awful writer from said trashy website showed up demanding the poorly written article to be removed.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Another piece of hypocricy from you.

You cried about full articles getting posted here.

Here's a newsflash, you are a lot closer to Patrick Allen then you realize.

That was four years ago. I learned my lesson just as Patrick is now learning his.

Extra Point
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels, Ron Rivera, Reheem Morris also have or will be calling their own plays....

McCarthy, too. The sounding board/clock help/scenario input that GB's "OC" Joe Philbin does, has been effective.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Does it matter? The QB is still Matt Cassel.

Shogun
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
He ****ing sucks calling the plays, do you not remember 09. ****!

I fully remember, but what am I gonna do, I'll just roll with it and complain like the rest of us ;)

notorious
01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Does it matter? The QB is still Matt Cassel.

/Thread

......I hope you are wrong, but I doubt it........

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Won't be HC in 2013 (gets this year by default, last chance to prove himself in 2012, contract not renewed after its 4th and final year).Moron. Yeah, you. STFU

Shogun
01-21-2011, 06:25 PM
and if anybody quotes me in here again ill be forced to report you to the internet police for copying what i said!

SPchief
01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
and if anybody quotes me in here again ill be forced to report you to the internet police for copying what i said!

Do it, DO IT

Shogun
01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3444/3311161239_4e7d960acb.jpg

petegz28
01-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Calling plays is fine as long as we have an OC to help game plan and work with the offense.

okcchief
01-21-2011, 07:35 PM
2-14 and Andrew Luck with the first pick. FUCK IT!

MIAdragon
01-21-2011, 07:37 PM
2-14 and Andrew Luck with the first pick. **** IT!

thats about right.

SPchief
01-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Don't forget to copyright that

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2011, 08:54 PM
This has the potential to end very, very badly.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of coaches who call plays for their teams (McCarthy, Reid, Haley 2009, among others) are notorious for horrendous game management and clock decisions.

MIAdragon
01-21-2011, 08:56 PM

I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of coaches who call plays for their teams (McCarthy, Reid, Haley 2009, among others) are notorious for horrendous game management and clock decisions.

we've seen this show before somewhere... but someone told me that he went to the SB once calling plays so in MUST be ok. :banghead:

Deberg_1990
01-21-2011, 08:59 PM

If Haley turns out to be as good as those two guys, ill take the good with the bad.

Mr. Laz
01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
:facepalm:
This

and

:doh!:

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 09:02 PM
This

and

:doh!:...and the hater chimes in

salame
01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
I think he is already horrible at clock management

Mr. Laz
01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I think he is already horrible at clock managementyou really want Haley calling plays guided by the same emotional "impulse" that he does when deciding when to challenge or when to go for it on 4th down?

We need Haley learning how to be a Head Coach right now not overloading himself with more responsibility.

Is Haley going to be QB coach too?

HC/OC/QB coach

ROYC75
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Good game plan unless Denver loses all their games and it's the only 2 we win.:banghead:

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Just because I'm sure we'll need it in this thread eventually...

http://www.wingstaiwan.com/avatars/oh_noes.gifTHIS X 1,000,0000

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/21/keith-olbermann-leaving-msnbc/?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

hey atleast olberman got fired

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 09:13 PM
you really want Haley calling plays guided by the same emotional "impulse" that he does when deciding when to challenge or when to go for it on 4th down?

We need Haley learning how to be a Head Coach right now not overloading himself with more responsibility.

HC/OC/QB coachFuck it. Lets get Marty back. :rolleyes:

CaliforniaChief
01-21-2011, 09:16 PM
This situation could work if the following is in place:

1. An OC who is good at developing the QB and integral in helping Haley put the plan together.

2. Haley works to train an in house guy to be able to take over next year or even sometime later this year (once he's comfortable).

NOTE: The preceding opinions are not the express opinion of Patrick Allen. In no way, shape or form do the preceding opinions have source or content from Patrick Allen, Patrick Allen Inc., TPflanz Inc., or any subsidiary company.

DeezNutz
01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, different level, but I'm going to give this example:

When I think of a HC calling plays, I can't help but picture Mike Gundy a couple of years ago playing at Mizzou, when OSU piss pounded a favored Mizzou in Columbia.

When the offense was off the field, Gundy was off by himself, sitting on a ****ing tarp-like thing, drawing up and planning for the next offensive series. The game was being managed by someone else, because Gundy wasn't even glancing at what was happening.

It might not take this level of depth, but I'm convinced that one cannot effectively call plays and manage the game as a whole on game days. It's an either/or thing.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
It might not take this level of depth, but I'm convinced that one cannot effectively call plays and manage the game as a whole on game days. It's an either/or thing.

Mike Shanahan disagrees.

salame
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
you really want Haley calling plays guided by the same emotional "impulse" that he does when deciding when to challenge or when to go for it on 4th down?

HC/OC/QB coach

no i don't that's why I said he is already horrible at clock management
he goes for it when there is no reason too
and he hats field goals
and babies

Mr. Laz
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Ok, different level, but I'm going to give this example:

When I think of a HC calling plays, I can't help but picture Mike Gundy a couple of years ago playing at Mizzou, when OSU piss pounded a favored Mizzou in Columbia.

When the offense was off the field, Gundy was off by himself, sitting on a ****ing tarp-like thing, drawing up and planning for the next offensive series. The game was being managed by someone else, because Gundy wasn't even glancing at what was happening.

what makes it even worse is that Haley doesn't even know how to be a head coach and manage the game yet. He's now going to be learning even more shit all at once.

if a 10 year veteran head coach wants to call the Defensive or offensive plays, that's one thing but a n00bie?

Mr. Laz
01-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Mike Shanahan disagrees.
how long has shannarat been a head coach?

how long has Haley been a head coach?

DeezNutz
01-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Mike Shanahan disagrees.

4-7-27.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2011, 09:25 PM
what makes it even worse is that Haley doesn't even know how to be a head coach and manage the game yet. He's now going to learning even more shit all at once.

if a 10 year veteran head coach wants to call the Defensive or offensive plays, that's one thing but a n00bie?

Haley is not a n00b.

He has two seasons of head coaching experience.

At this point if his game management fails, it's simply because he sucks, not because he started calling plays.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 09:25 PM
We should change the name of this place to Knee-jerk Planet.

salame
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/69/dat_ass1.jpg

Mr. Laz
01-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Haley is not a n00b.

He has two seasons of head coaching experience.

At this point if his game management fails, it's simply because he sucks, not because he started calling plays.He's been a head coach for 2 seasons

He's been calling plays on offense for 4 seasons or so ... hell not even that long really. He called plays in Arizona for 1 1/2 seasons. Called plays in KC for 1 year.

He's not accomplished at either position and now he's going to do both?

-King-
01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
what makes it even worse is that Haley doesn't even know how to be a head coach and manage the game yet. He's now going to be learning even more shit all at once.

So....its not okay for Sean Payton to call his own plays? Ok, I'll let him know.

What about Mike McCarthy?

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
He's not accomplished at either position and now he's going to do both?Again, knee-jerk. This is speculation.

keg in kc
01-21-2011, 09:40 PM
It's speculation, but going with it for the moment, my thought is that he has a variety of experiences to lean on from the last two years, both with an OC and without. So I think he'd be fine calling plays, theoretically, if there's an actual OC on board to handle everything during the week. He's past the point of being a new HC learning the ropes.

stevieray
01-21-2011, 09:45 PM
He's been a head coach for 2 seasons

He's been calling plays on offense for 4 seasons or so ... hell not even that long really. He called plays in Arizona for 1 1/2 seasons. Called plays in KC for 1 year.

He's not accomplished at either position and now he's going to do both?

..and In 1 1/2 Seasons they were in the SB....and in two years as HC, he took a 2-14 team to 10-6 and a Division title, and he's not accomplished?..if not, that's a hell of a good start.

signed,
stevierayesman

Malgordo
01-21-2011, 09:45 PM
We should change the name of this place to Knee-jerk Planet.

Catchy.

BossChief
01-21-2011, 10:51 PM
.I dont know her name, but the girl you put in your sig (the new pic) is super duper sexy...I liked that movie too.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
4-7-27.

4-27-28, motherfucker.

:D

guns blazing
01-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Is the Chiefsplanet consensus that Weis was a good OC? To me he was great. I'd rather the head coach oversee the big picture and be a motivator than call plays on offense. My .02

WebGem
01-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Ohhhhhh okay I see what happened now HAHAHAHAH. I didn't look at the thread for quite a while after I made it and saw DaFace edited the OP and I thought maybe I posted the wrong thing or something. Now I see the clown came in and did that.

In his defense, I do think said clowns website is a part of FanSided.com (The KC Chiefs part) and I think he stated he's obligated to do what he did here. That being said, I've posted at least 20 articles from there on CP before so it's weird this has never happened until now.

BossChief
01-21-2011, 11:11 PM
4-27-28, mother****er.

:D

Ive meant to ask...what is this in reference to?

BossChief
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I may be the only one, but I am actually a bit excited to see Haley calling plays if thats what it ends up as. I just hope we bring in an accomplished QB coach to work with Cassel because IMO that is the most important aspect of this offseason. Charlie Weis left a huge, massive gap in the coaching area of this team and more specifically qb coach.

Haley is a good playcaller, I just think most remember him calling the plays for a team that was installing a new offense week to week, with little talent with a very young roster across the board.

CaliforniaChief
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I may be the only one, but I am actually a bit excited to see Haley calling plays if thats what it ends up as. I just hope we bring in an accomplished QB coach to work with Cassel because IMO that is the most important aspect of this offseason.

Haley is a good playcaller, I just think most remember him calling the plays for a team that was installing a new offense week to week, with little talent with a very young roster across the board.

Yes. I'm fine with Haley calling the plays as long as he's got someone overseeing the preparation and helping to put the gameplan together. It would be nice for him to groom a guy like Sirianni...to start our own house of coaches.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Ive meant to ask...what is this in reference to?

The fake punt that Haley called in the home game against Denver in 2009.

4th and 7 from our own 28.

Tight game. IIRC, it was 14-10 at that point early in the 3rd quarter.

Croyle as the punter - yeah, no one saw that coming.

LMAO

BossChief
01-21-2011, 11:33 PM
The fake punt that Haley called in the home game against Denver in 2009.

4th and 7 from our own 28.

Tight game. IIRC, it was 14-10 at that point early in the 3rd quarter.

Croyle as the punter - yeah, no one saw that coming.

LMAO

If Croyle had actually punted, he would have probably broke his foot.

Thats all I got.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2011, 11:36 PM
If Croyle had actually punted, he would have probably broke his foot.

Thats all I got.

LMAO

Still a better play call than the Castille-to-Cassel pass that ended a promising drive against SD that year.

CaliforniaChief
01-21-2011, 11:38 PM
LMAO

Still a better play call than the Castille-to-Cassel pass that ended a promising drive against SD that year.

That was against Denver, IIRC.

But I've tried to forget.

BossChief
01-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Damn, now Im in a bad mood.

Can someone please embed a video of the Thigster burning Ronde Barber?

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
That was against Denver, IIRC.

But I've tried to forget.

You're right.

Helluva way to follow up on a 52 yard run from JC.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81574c55/Goodman-not-fooled

CaliforniaChief
01-21-2011, 11:47 PM
You're right.

Helluva way to follow up on a 52 yard run from JC.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010010312/2009/REG17/chiefs@broncos#tab:watch

Oh yeah and that 52 yard run was sweet, too. On the first drive, we started play action with a bomb from Cassel to Terrance Copper, followed by passes to Pope and Bowe and the 1 yard run by Cox.

Just when we were shouting that Charles needed more carries, he darted through the hole on the left side, darted in, darted out, and accelerated faster than I've ever seen an NFL RB accelerate in my life.

And then we polished that turd out of the back of the playbook.

Although I believe Cassel did a fine job defending the play. LMAO

Edit: The other mistake Haley made was not challenging that INT. Looked like he dropped it. Then again, the replay system in Denver tends to break down from time to time.

boogblaster
01-22-2011, 12:28 AM
he'b callin' soon