PDA

View Full Version : players who helped and hurt themselves the most in the 2011 Shrine Game

Tribal Warfare
01-23-2011, 03:12 AM
Draft Dish: Richmond DT Parker stands out in East's victory (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/draft-dish-richmond-dt-parker-stands-out-in-easts-victory)
Russ Lande SN Icon Sporting News

Here's a look at the players who helped and hurt themselves the most in the East's 25-8 victory in the East-West Shrine Game Saturday in Orlando.

Rising

Richmond DT Martin Parker. After a solid week of pratice, Parker (6-2, 300) shined in the game and was named defensive MVP. He showed the strength to jolt and control opposing linemen as a pass rusher and the strong, quick hands to free himself from blockers. He displayed better quickness and athleticism than he did during the week and clearly helped his draft stock. Parker was viewed as a likely free agent before arriving in Orlando, but his performance Saturday¾ he had two sacks and forced a fumble¾ puts him in position to be drafted.

Syracuse RB Delone Carter. As the offensive MVP, he had a solid day with 54 yards on 11 carries and a touchdown. Carter (5-8 1/4, 216) displayed better quickness and acceleration to full speed than expected, enabling him to turn the corner. He also exhibited the ability to run with good body lean and deliver a blow to tacklers. Carter is not an elite prospect, but he is a strong back who has flashed starting ability and likely will be a mid-round pick.

Idaho S Shiloh Keo. He impressed scouts with his aggressiveness in run support and ability to consistently avoid and defeat blocks to make tackles. Keo (5-11 1/2, 223) further helped his cause by making an impact on special teams¾ he blocked an extra point attempt and was solid as a kickoff returner. Although we still have concerns about his ability to be effective in deep coverage, his play solidified his spot as a fifth- or sixth-round pick.

Portland State TE Julius Thomas. Thomas (6-5, 251) capped a strong week of practice with a good game in which he proved he has the athleticism to play with the big-school boys. He showed the strength and quickness to run good routes and caught the ball well on Saturday. His performance all but assured him of being drafted.

Sliding

Idaho QB Nathan Enderle. Enderle (6-5, 242) is a physically talented QB who has shown the ability to make all the NFL throws. But in Saturday's game, he showed why he isn't a highly regarded prospect despite his physical tools. He wasn't nearly accurate enough, completing 6 of 12 passes for 45 yards, and displayed his bad habit of holding the ball way too long in the pocket. He needs to be quicker and more decisive reading defenses and getting rid of the ball.

Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson. His performance Saturday showed why he was benched this season. His mechanics were sloppy and slow, and his fumble on a sack gave the East a defensive touchdown. Johnson (6-5, 250) also demonstrated poor decision making by putting a ball for up grabs when he was pressured. It was easily intercepted. Despite his excellent size, elite arm strength and top-notch athleticism, Johnson is not likely to be drafted. At best, he's a long-term developmental prospect.

Queens OT Matthew O'Donnell. He proved Saturday that despite his rare size (6-9, 335) and great arm length, he doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL. He is slow and lacks the flexibility to block with leverage and can't slide well enough to adjust in pass protection. With his thin frame, he can also be pushed around by power rushers. In the game, he was consistently beaten and looked out of place, which means he isn't likely to be drafted or signed as a free agent.

spanky 52
01-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Was hoping for the Chiefs to look at rb Carter in the 5th or 6th rounds. He'll probably go higher now depending on the other games and combine numbers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Jerrod Johnson should start running routes right now.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Jerrod Johnson should start running routes right now.

Or start to learn about Canadian culture.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I like to see that Nathan Enderle is slipping. He is somebody who I think can be a really QB in the league, but we got some needs to be taken care of first. If he is there in the 4th or 5th we need to take him.

aturnis
01-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I like to see that Nathan Enderle is slipping. He is somebody who I think can be a really QB in the league, but we got some needs to be taken care of first. If he is there in the 4th or 5th we need to take him.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what this guy says about Enderle. Other guys are talking about how much he helped himself in this game. I think he did also. He looked good despite the rest of his offense. He did alright with what he was working with. We'll see though.

Tribal Warfare
01-23-2011, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in what this guy says about Enderle. Other guys are talking about how much he helped himself in this game. I think he did also. He looked good despite the rest of his offense. He did alright with what he was working with. We'll see though.

I wanted to check him out , but I forgot that the game was on Saturday

SAUTO
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I wanted to check him out , but I forgot that the game was on Saturday
Did your dad miss it too?
I wouldn't think talent evaluators like you two wouldt miss that for the anything in the world
Posted via Mobile Device