PDA

View Full Version : Life Springdale & Fayetteville, AR area anyone?

pr_capone
01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
I have been asked to apply for a position in this area with my company. Apparently, a person can get a lot of house for a little money. It is out in the Ozarks so riding and driving will be outstanding. The towns are small, about 80k in each one but they are close enough that there is almost a tri city thing going on if you include Rogers.

A smaller city appeals to me. I'm a big city or small city kinda guy. This in between stuff like Wichita has always driven me nuts.

I have season tickets for next season and Springdale would only add 30 minutes or so to my drive to Arrowhead.

All in all, I am intrigued by this possible move. Anyone here know anything of the area?

WebGem
01-23-2011, 02:39 PM
It has been my experience that inter-racial couples are more readily accepted in the towns along I-40 and I-30.

kstater
01-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't consider Springdale/Rogers small towns.

kstater
01-23-2011, 02:46 PM

I live in a town off 40, I can guarantee you it's not true.

The accepting part that is.

NewChief
01-23-2011, 02:50 PM
If you like a liberal college town vibe, move to Fayetteville. If you dig the more suburban Overland Park type area, then Springdale is closer to Bentonville/Rogers which is more that type of environment. Springdale itself is kind of a shithole, but it does have some nice areas. Ive lived in the area a long time and will be happy to help in any way I can. It's an awesome place to live.

kcfanXIII
01-23-2011, 02:50 PM
I have been to the area a few times on my bike. Fantastic riding for hours in any direction and the people have always seemed nice. Can't say one way or another about living there, but if I had the opportunity I'd give it a chance.

pr_capone
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't consider Springdale/Rogers small towns.

Springdale 67k pop.
Rogers 57k pop.

Those are small towns man.

kcfanXIII
01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Springdale 67k pop.
Rogers 57k pop.

Chester: population 99

WebGem
01-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Chester: population 99

Population: 99 = wannabe town

kcfanXIII
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Population: 99 = wannabe town

ya... It was.... Interesting. We needed gas and I swear met half the town at the gas station.

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Springdale 67k pop.
Rogers 57k pop.

Here is the thing about Northwest Arkansas. Don't look at them as seperate towns, basically they are all together to form one big area.

Gracie Dean
01-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Springdale is nice, Fayetteville not so much if you like the smaller town feel.

Rogers and Bentonville are also good chocies and they are all within a 40 mile radius so driving is not an issue.

AQ chicken is one of the BEST places to eat in Springdale

pr_capone
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
$84k

http://www.lindsey.com/residential/620145

That is a LOT of house for $84k

NewChief
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Springdale is nice, Fayetteville not so much if you like the smaller town feel.

:spock:

Also, there are AQ Chicken Houses in Fayetteville and Springdale. They're decent but survive as much on their reputation and nostalgia as actual quality of food these days, imo.

Rain Man
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
I lived in Rogers in roughly 1972 or 1973 so my information may be dated, but I can tell you that my best friend's name was Randy and I found a dead turtle in a field. Hope this helps.

NewChief
01-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I lived in Rogers in roughly 1972 or 1973 so my information may be dated, but I can tell you that my best friend's name was Randy and I found a dead turtle in a field. Hope this helps.

Kevin.... is that you????

Rain Man
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Kevin.... is that you????

Randy! How's it going? I didn't recognize you without the lazy eye.

NewChief
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Randy! How's it going? I didn't recognize you without the lazy eye.

Corrective lenses you old so and so!

stlchiefs
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Have family down in Fayetville. Very nice area IMO. Nice feel, nice people and a growing area.

Gracie Dean
01-23-2011, 05:14 PM
:spock:

Also, there are AQ Chicken Houses in Fayetteville and Springdale. They're decent but survive as much on their reputation and nostalgia as actual quality of food these days, imo.

We lived in Bentonville about 11 years ago and every Friday night we drove to Springdale to go to AQ chicken...also the "candy" store since Benton county was dry

AQ was great then. We almost always got the same waitress Belva and we never had to wait in line, she always came and got us for seats as soon as we got there.

Reaper16
01-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Springdale 67k pop.
Rogers 57k pop.

If those are small towns (as opposed to just towns), then what do you call communities of 10,000 or less?

NewChief
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
We lived in Bentonville about 11 years ago and every Friday night we drove to Springdale to go to AQ chicken...also the "candy" store since Benton county was dry

AQ was great then. We almost always got the same waitress Belva and we never had to wait in line, she always came and got us for seats as soon as we got there.

Yeah, it's sort of sad. The AQ mystique has been tarnished lately. If you read reviews these days, most of them reference the bygone era when the AQ Chicken Houses were awesome.

pr_capone
01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
If those are small towns (as opposed to just towns), then what do you call communities of 10,000 or less?

Village

KCBOSS1
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Springdale, Rogers and Fayetteville is a very progressive area. Until the recession, it was in the top 5 fastest growing area of the US. Right now, they have been suffering from a lot of repossessions, but you can pick up a very nice home there for reasonable and the area will be one of the first to rebound because of Wal-Mart. I don't live there, but have worked there a lot as an appraiser and trained a friend of mine within that market who now has his own appraisal company. He calls me every week, so I stay up to date with what is happening there in the real estate market. There is a nice small airport there. Overall, to me, a very desirable area to live, particularly if you like the convenience of big city living with a lot of the smaller community feel as well.