Is he hurt?

MIAdragon
01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
really?

Reaper16
01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Per 610 Sports Twitter.

Is he hurt?
Yeah. He's reportedly got tears in both shoulders and a muscle tear in one of his feet.

MIAdragon
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah. In both shoulders.

and one leg.

doomy3
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.kcchiefsblog.com/tamba-hali/tamba-hali-withdraws-from-pro-bowl

Following the report that Kansas City Chiefs LB Tamba Hali has been playing with injuries to his shoulders and foot, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the AFC sack king has withdrawn from the Pro Bowl. He is being replaced Shaun Phillips of the San Diego Chargers.
Hali no longer playing in the game brings the total number of Chiefs playing in the game to five: Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Brian Waters, Eric Berry and Matt Cassel.
It’s a shame that Hali won’t get the recognition that he rightfully deserves in Hawaii, but it’s much more important bot to the future of the Chiefs and the linebacker’s contract negotiations that he get healthy as soon as possible. With the free agent and team still far apart on a new deal, there isn’t any reason for Hali to put himself at risk.

doomy3
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah. In both shoulders.

and one leg.

I actually had no idea he was hurt. Must have been living under a rock or something.

Was there previous talk that he would miss the Pro Bowl?

Renegade
01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I actually had no idea he was hurt. Must have been living under a rock or something.

Was there previous talk that he would miss the Pro Bowl?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240716

Lzen
01-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Probably the right decision. Not like when they talk about Tamba Hali years from now that they will forget that he made this year's Pro Bowl.

Deberg_1990
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Since nobody cares about the actual game, why dont they just select a team and call it a day? Its an honor just to be selected right?

arrowheadnation
01-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.kcchiefsblog.com/tamba-hali/tamba-hali-withdraws-from-pro-bowl

Following the report that Kansas City Chiefs LB Tamba Hali has been playing with injuries to his shoulders and foot, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the AFC sack king has withdrawn from the Pro Bowl. He is being replaced Shaun Phillips of the San Diego Chargers.
Hali no longer playing in the game brings the total number of Chiefs playing in the game to five: Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Brian Waters, Eric Berry and Matt Cassel.
It’s a shame that Hali won’t get the recognition that he rightfully deserves in Hawaii, but it’s much more important bot to the future of the Chiefs and the linebacker’s contract negotiations that he get healthy as soon as possible. With the free agent and team still far apart on a new deal, there isn’t any reason for Hali to put himself at risk.

I'm assuming this is a typo. I thought the ProBowl wasn't in Hawaii anymore? Thought it was now the week before at the site of the Superbowl?

*Edit: nevermind, google was my friend. Wonder why they decided to move it back to Hawaii.

Rausch
01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Great to have guys good enough to make it but I don't care if we ever have another guy play in the thing.

Meaningless game that's just another chance to get hurt.

Even more retarded now that it's before the super bowl...

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Repost put this in the probowl thread last night. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239258&highlight=probowl&page=8

Chiefnj2
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
If Charles gets more than 3 carries he'll get hurt.

cdirty
01-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I assume they dont call holding in the pro bowl either.

Mr. Laz
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
with Hali's constant foot problems i'm glad he's not playing

milkman
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
I assume they dont call holding in the pro bowl either.

Assuming they played Hali at LB, and they don't allow blitzing in the Pro Bowl, it wouldn't matter.

talastan
01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I wonder if the Pro Bowl selection triggers any bonuses in his current contract. I also wonder if he'll be requesting Pro bowl pass rusher money on his next contract. This Pro Bowl thing could really complicate the contract negotiations IMO between Pioli and Hali's agent.

Reerun_KC
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
If Charles gets more than 3 carries he'll get hurt.

or fumble...

Either one is a sure thing..

Gonzo
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Repost put this in the probowl thread last night. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239258&highlight=probowl&page=8
Good for you. This is definitely not thread worthy, right? I mean, we need more room for threads about the tree cat.
Posted via Mobile Device

01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Since nobody cares about the actual game, why dont they just select a team and call it a day? Its an honor just to be selected right?

thats how I feel about it. Just get your selections and give the players the bonus for being selected. There is absolutely no reason to play that game.

milkman
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Good for you. This is definitely not thread worthy, right? I mean, we need more room for threads about the tree cat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Especially if that's an aids tree cat.

The Franchise
01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
They should just get rid of the actual game and make it skill competitions.

Reerun_KC
01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Especially if that's an aids tree cat.

Or better yet? A flaming aids tree cat...

milkman
01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
thats how I feel about it. Just get your selections and give the players the bonus for being selected. There is absolutely no reason to play that game.

Think about this part of it.

If you just named a Pro Bowl team, but didn't play a game, there would be no need for alternates, so Tamba, Berry and Cassel would never have made the team.

-King-
01-25-2011, 02:58 PM
They should just get rid of the actual game and make it skill competitions.

This.

I always enjoyed the skills competitions back in the day. Way more than I enjoyed the game itself.

suzzer99
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
How big of a stud is Hali if he was playing like that with foot injuries? He was our only consistent stand-out player on D the last few games. Lock him up now plz.

Easy 6
01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I CANT WAIT for Pro Bowl day, there are supposed to be some really good movies on that day.

HotRoute
01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
I'd still rather watch the shrine bowl or the senior bowl.

Deberg_1990
01-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I cant even remember the last Pro Bowl game i watched? Maybe 10 years ago?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2011, 04:56 PM
He's nothing better than a 3rd rusher on a Pro Bowl team anyway ;)

kstater
01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm assuming this is a typo. I thought the ProBowl wasn't in Hawaii anymore? Thought it was now the week before at the site of the Superbowl?

*Edit: nevermind, google was my friend. Wonder why they decided to move it back to Hawaii.

Don't want an empty Jerry World.

RedNFeisty
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Doesn't Hali have a tear in one shoulder, a partial tear in the other, and a bum foot?? I will be pissed if he is not a Chief next year.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-25-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm so confused with all these dudes dropping out of the Pro Bowl. Will they still call him "Tamba Hali, the 1-time Pro-Bowler"? Or does he not get that distinction since he wasn't originally selected and is not playing? Or what about queers like Tom Brady who just don't feel like playing. Do they still call him "Pro-Bowler Tom Brady"? Or is Cassel the one who gets that title instead?

Chiefs Rool
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
he was fucking snubbed from the pro bowl anyways.