PDA

View Full Version : News Mom Killed Her Own Kids

CosmicPal
01-28-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2011/01/28/94840_walk.jpg

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/jan/28/282058/police-investigating-double-homicide-in-new-tampa/news-breaking/

TAMPA - With a .38-caliber revolver she bought five days before, Julie Schenecker shot her 13-year-old son twice in the head as they drove home from soccer practice Thursday evening, police said.

She then parked the family's SUV in the garage of their New Tampa home, went upstairs and shot her 16-year-old daughter in the back of the head and in the face as she did her homework on the computer, authorities said.

When an officer arrived at the home in the gated Ashington Reserve community early Friday in response to a call from a worried relative, Schenecker was on the back porch in slippers and a bloody robe.

She told investigators she killed her children because "they talked back, they were mouthy and she was tired of it," police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said.

Schenecker, 50, was arrested on two counts of first-degree murder.

McElroy said she showed no remorse.

Clad in a white jumpsuit, a wide-eyed and haunted-looking Schenecker shook uncontrollably as she was led in shackles to Orient Road Jail.

Her son, Beau, was an eighth-grader at Liberty Middle School and an "amazing goalkeeper."
Her daughter, Calyx, was a sophomore at King High School, where she was in the International Baccalaureate program and a member of the cross country team.

Schenecker's husband Parker is a colonel in U.S. Army intelligence and is in Qatar.

In the military for 28 years, he is assigned to U.S. Central Command, where he works in the intelligence directorate, said Centcom Lt. Col. Michael T. Lawhorn.

Centcom officials at MacDill Air Force Base notified Parker Schenecker of the tragedy at the request of Tampa police.

Friends of the Schenecker children were distraught.

"My son is uncontrollably crying," said Lottie Creech, whose son Hunter played soccer with Beau and hung out with him at McDonald's on Fridays after school.

King High junior Emily Kolilas last saw Calyx at Thursday track practice.

"She always, always had a smile on her face every day at practice," Kolilas said. "Everyone loved Calyx. I loved her. She was just an outstanding young woman. She was amazing. I just can't believe it."

King High Principal Carla Bruning said Calyx was "probably the perfect little child."

"She never missed school," Bruning said. "Today was her first absence."

Police received a call just after 7:30 a.m. Friday from Julie Schenecker's mother, who lives in Texas. She said she was concerned because she couldn't reach her daughter, whom she thought was depressed, McElroy said.

Officers arrived at the home at 16305 Royal Park Court six minutes later but got no answer at the front door, so they went around back and where they discovered Julie Schenecker.

Beau's body was found in the SUV's front passenger seat in the garage, police said. Calyx's body was in the upstairs bedroom.

Schenecker told investigators she had planned to kill the children and herself, police said. They said she left a detailed note with her plans.

After being booked, Schenecker immediately was taken to the jail's medical ward because of her shaking, sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon said. She likely will stay there for a couple of days for observation and then placed in an individual cell to allow closer monitoring.

The state Department of Children & Families previously investigated a domestic argument involving the family, spokesman Terry Field said. But the case did not rise to the level of abuse and was closed in the past few months. Field could not immediately provide further details.

Forensic psychologist Geoffrey McKee said it's rare for mothers to intentionally kill their children and rarer still when the children are older than 12.

"The primary dynamic in those situations is conflict over the children's independence," said McKee, author of the book "Why Mothers Kill" and a clinical professor in neuropsychiatry at the University of South Carolina's School of Medicine in Columbia, S.C. "It might involve issues of curfew or getting the car keys."

He said it is typical for parents who intentionally kill their children to commit suicide.

The Scheneckers paid $448,000 for their 3,300-square-foot home at 16305 Royal Park Court in April 2008, according to property records, which also list the current market value at about $260,000.
With police and media descending on the community, residents described the situation as unnerving.

"This is devastating for the neighborhood," said neighbor Michelle Ball as she walked her dog past the taped-off crime scene.

Kemi Alli waited at the nearby school bus stop Friday afternoon; she said school officials recommended parents meet their children coming off the bus in light of the slayings.

Alli's children played soccer with Beau and her 15-year-old daughter attends King.

"Those kids had such a bright future," she said. "And now it's gone.

"Imagine how the husband must feel on his way back. He lost everything."

http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/140/175/2011/01/28/94844_beau_schenecker.jpg

http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/140/175/2011/01/28/94845_calyx_schenecker.jpg

Bugeater
01-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Goddamnit, I go from watching one of the most awesome rock videos I've ever seen...to this. Fuck, what a buzzkill.

kysirsoze
01-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that.

RustShack
01-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Those two don't really look like the type to cause problems.

Chief Chief
01-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Yakety-yak; don't talk back!

CosmicPal
01-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Goddamnit, I go from watching one of the most awesome rock videos I've ever seen...to this. ****, what a buzzkill.

Sorry. :(

This occurred just a few minutes north of me...such a nice neighborhood too. And such a terrible tragedy.

pr_capone
01-28-2011, 10:57 PM

Damn. That is scary shit.

kysirsoze
01-28-2011, 10:57 PM
When it said Liberty middle school I thought it might be KC. Glad it wasn't, not that it makes it any better.

teedubya
01-28-2011, 10:58 PM
wow. That shit is fucked up.

Thig Lyfe
01-28-2011, 11:04 PM
She doesn't look like a crazy person at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thig Lyfe
01-28-2011, 11:05 PM

Damn. That is scary shit.

Hmmm...

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/davisscary.jpg

Lumpy
01-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Being a mom myself, I can't imagine what would possess a mother to do something like this. I hope that crazy bitch knows that she will be burning in hell for what she has done!

"She was depressed." Give me a ****ing break! Oh and her reason for killing her children was because "they talked back, they were mouthy and she was tired of it". FFS! Kids do that... especially if they lack guidance! She's obviously sick as **** in the head... not depressed. If she was depressed, she would have done the world a favor and chewed a bullet instead of killing her innocent children.

kysirsoze
01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
It's strange how she doesn't really fit the typical profile for a woman that kills her kids. Their age and her lack of suicide make this unthinkable act even more shocking.

Bugeater
01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Sorry. :(

This occurred just a few minutes north of me...such a nice neighborhood too. And such a terrible tragedy.
Eh, it's not like there's ever a good time for a story like that.

Al Bundy
01-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Florida people... :doh!::shake:

BigMeatballDave
01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm usually in favor of capitol punishment, but this witch should spend her days in solitaire confinement with nothing but pictures of her dead children flashing on several screens, 24-7.

RustShack
01-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Flash that shit all around through protective screens so she can't do anything. Don't feed her or anything. Just let her go more crazy shit herself and starve to death.

SDChiefs
01-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Bitch should be raped by p diddy and beaten retarded like the other chick. (Alledgedlly). But it all seriousness what is with all the fuct up ppl being from florida. Is there something in the water?

chasedude
01-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Mother of the Year award

Unbelievable... :shake:

Valiant
01-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Being a mom myself, I can't imagine what would possess a mother to do something like this. I hope that crazy bitch knows that she will be burning in hell for what she has done!

"She was depressed." Give me a ****ing break! Oh and her reason for killing her children was because "they talked back, they were mouthy and she was tired of it". FFS! Kids do that... especially if they lack guidance! She's obviously sick as **** in the head... not depressed. If she was depressed, she would have done the world a favor and chewed a bullet instead of killing her innocent children.

Could be bipolar..

mikey23545
01-28-2011, 11:59 PM
It's Sarah Palin's fault.

Lumpy
01-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Could be bipolar..

If she was bipolar, (or depressed for that matter), this bitch had more than enough money to buy meds.

Where in the hell was the dad during all of this btw? I thought I read in the OP that he was in the military... TDY, maybe?

Edit: Answered my own question; "Schenecker's husband Parker is a colonel in U.S. Army intelligence and is in Qatar."

DaFace
01-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Fuckin hell...how the hell does someone snap like that?

BigMeatballDave
01-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Could be bipolar..My ex-fiancee is bi-polar. She NEVER showed any violence towards her boys. Bi-polars are far more likely to harm themselves instead of others.

Phobia
01-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Not sure what I'm supposed to do with that.

You cut it out of the newspaper and paste it on your fridge where your teenagers can be warned.

alnorth
01-29-2011, 12:38 AM
kill her.

I don't care if she's crazy, I don't care if she was born with a defective brain in an abusive home, I don't care what her story is. Put the bitch down like we would any rabid dangerous animal.

KurtCobain
01-29-2011, 12:45 AM
kill her.

I don't care if she's crazy, I don't care if she was born with a defective brain in an abusive home, I don't care what her story is. Put the bitch down like we would any rabid dangerous animal.

This.

RustShack
01-29-2011, 12:50 AM
kill her.

This.

That.

Buck
01-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Its too bad they can't kill her twice.

crossbow
01-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Well this tops the "Cutler Quit on the Team" rage.

-King-
01-29-2011, 01:13 AM
If she was bipolar, (or depressed for that matter), this bitch had more than enough money to buy meds.

Where in the hell was the dad during all of this btw? I thought I read in the OP that he was in the military... TDY, maybe?

Edit: Answered my own question; "Schenecker's husband Parker is a colonel in U.S. Army intelligence and is in Qatar."

Jesus Christ. Could you imagine being the dad right now? Holy fuck. If I was the dad id come back to the US and strangle the fucking shit out of her. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device

threebag
01-29-2011, 01:22 AM
she NEEDS to die

RedNFeisty
01-29-2011, 01:27 AM
This is one of the many reasons I would never make a good police officer; I would have taken her gun, shot her in the face and said I found her that way.

I had a friend in high school who's mother shot and killed him in his sleep, then went to shot his sister but the gun jammed. The mother went upstairs called the police. The daughter found her brother taking his very last breath, she then went upstairs to find her mother holding the gun on the phone with the police. She ran into the bathroom locking the door. The mother tried shooting her again before the police arrived, to no avail.

I really feel for the father. In one fell swoop, he has nothing. No daughter to walk down the aisle at her wedding. No son to give fatherly advice too. No more looking forward to grandchildren. No insane wife. Nothing.

pr_capone
01-29-2011, 01:28 AM
This.

That.

and this and uh
It's like that and like this and like that and uh
It's like this, than who gives a **** about those?
So jus' chill, 'til the next episode

/horrible, hope she gets death at sentencing

RedNFeisty
01-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Jesus Christ. Could you imagine being the dad right now? Holy ****. If I was the dad id come back to the US and strangle the ****ing shit out of her. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Makes me think of Shutter Island.

TimeForWasp
01-29-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm usually in favor of capitol punishment, but this witch should spend her days in solitaire confinement with nothing but pictures of her dead children flashing on several screens, 24-7.

with a video of her kids talking back ,

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

for the rest of her life.

Bugeater
01-29-2011, 06:53 AM
This is one of the many reasons I would never make a good police officer; I would have taken her gun, shot her in the face and said I found her that way.
Shit, a good police officer would've done just that.

SLAG
01-29-2011, 07:40 AM
what. a. tragedy.

observation:
is she wearing a jumpsuit made out of tyvk home wrap?

REDHOTGTO
01-29-2011, 08:01 AM
such a horrible tragedy, i play poker with a couple whose nephew is good friends with these people. they are devastated, never saw any of it coming, i guess the nephew is over at this house all the time but luckily was not there that day. now whats the husband left with? people are just fuggin nuts these days, so sad.

tmax63
01-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Too bad the bitch didn't save the taxpayers alot of money and finish herself off. It just shows we need to teach people firearms training in school so she could of cleared the jam and got that last round downrange into her forehead.

alnorth
01-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Well, I wouldn't have gone to jail because of her, no matter what, but I would have been a bit more clever. Set her down at the kitchen table, find the gun during the investigation, "oh, looks like this was jammed.... there, fixed it." and absent-mindedly set the gun down on the table.

I'd obviously run the risk the crazy bitch would shoot me with it, but I assume she would have jumped at the chance to kill herself and save everyone the trial and the possibility that the jury gives only life in prison. If she doesn't take the gun in a couple minutes, well damn. I'll suddenly have to remember that putting a loaded gun in front of her was a bad idea and scoop it up.

Old Dog
01-29-2011, 10:42 AM
It would appear that the little blue target on her jumpsuit is a tad too far to the viewing right and maybe about a 1/2" low too.

RedNFeisty
01-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Then I would make one hell of a police officer, because there are many people that would get a single bullet right between the eyes.

Priest31kc
01-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Hate reading these stories.....stays in my head for awhile....JFC. Once again, this world is fucked!

Bowser
01-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Good god.

threebag
01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Then I would make one hell of a police officer, because there are many people that would get a single bullet right between the eyes.

Some of these whack jobs it would be hard to stop at a single bullet between the eyes unless it was the last one you were to fire

WebGem
01-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Hope that cunt burns in hell

KCrockaholic
01-29-2011, 11:57 AM
That's the kind of person that deserves to be tortured to death. Make it painful and suffering.

Lonewolf Ed
01-29-2011, 11:57 AM

I had a friend in high school who's mother shot and killed him in his sleep, then went to shot his sister but the gun jammed. The mother went upstairs called the police. The daughter found her brother taking his very last breath, she then went upstairs to find her mother holding the gun on the phone with the police. She ran into the bathroom locking the door. The mother tried shooting her again before the police arrived, to no avail.

I really feel for the father. In one fell swoop, he has nothing. No daughter to walk down the aisle at her wedding. No son to give fatherly advice too. No more looking forward to grandchildren. No insane wife. Nothing.

It wouldn't be a shock if that psychotic dolt did it to strike at her husband, but who knows?

Lonewolf Ed
01-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Some of these whack jobs it would be hard to stop at a single bullet between the eyes unless it was the last one you were to fire

I'd test my gun sight by firing the first shot into her foot. Hmmm, need to aim up a little. BAM! Shin. Okay, a little higher. BAM! Top of the knee. Okay, getting there... Once I hit her between the eyes, then I'd know my gun was properly sighted.

RustShack
01-29-2011, 12:17 PM

In a few years after shes found guilty in court.

FAX
01-29-2011, 12:19 PM
She looks possessed in the photograph.

FAX