PDA

View Full Version : Life Hit a deer

El Jefe
01-29-2011, 10:58 PM
With my ol Buick, wasn't terrible, but my front ends a little hurt. Bad time to happen, I really don't need to be spending money right now, oh well I guess. Anyone have any war stories to share about hitting bambi to make me feel better?

luv
01-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Here you go.....Oh, and that's when we beat Pittsburgh at home last year. And it also gave us the reason and resources to upgrade to the RV.

WebGem
01-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I nailed the shit out of some sort of animal in a rental car once

BigMeatballDave
01-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I hit one back in 95. I was still living in KC.

I was on my way back home from visiting a friend in Drexel. It was a big buck. I hit him square going about 50. Had to replace the entire front clip.

El Jefe
01-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Hot Dang, that left a mark.

FAX
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM
I autopoached a deer in a '68 Chevy van one time ... the blunt nosed van with the engine between the front seats. Popped the tape right out of my cassette player. A friend of mine said he would take the deer so we loaded him up in the back and took him to his house.

FAX

El Jefe
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM

For some reason that made me lol, thanks.

Rams Fan
01-29-2011, 11:09 PM

I bet the company you rented the car from was happy.

chefsos
01-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Haven't had the opportunity personally, but I've been told a story about a woman who hit one around here. The deer was in mid-leap and hit the windshield. The woman was not injured by the collision at all, but the deer then proceeded to kick her to death. :eek:

Gonzo
01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Popped one in my 80 Monte Carlo on Kellogg in Wichita back in 94.
Salvage yards, ftw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
01-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Bump will be along shortly, to gravel your ass for killing Bambi.

Frazod
01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Bump will be along shortly, to gravel your ass for killing Bambi.

LMAO

Boon
01-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Kansas averages about 10,000 car/deer accidents per year.
That's a lot of claims. Sumbitches are a real costly animal.

Bowser
01-30-2011, 12:00 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v_habakm5sw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

stevieray
01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
I autopoached a deer in a '68 Chevy van one time ... the blunt nosed van with the engine between the front seats.
FAX

:rockon:

Kraus
01-30-2011, 12:35 AM
I hit one Friday morning too... :(

Thig Lyfe
01-30-2011, 12:56 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xL9xCWphV8s" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

JOhn
01-30-2011, 01:52 AM
I seriously have lost count of how many deer I have hit, with the majority (99%) when I lived in Missouri.
I do know I hit deer 6 different times when I worked as a Medic. Thank God those Ambulances were built tough. LOL

TimeForWasp
01-30-2011, 05:56 AM
My dad totalled out a full size chevy 4x4 pickup one time when he hit a full grown 2000 lb Sow on a gravel road in South Dakota.

HonestChieffan
01-30-2011, 07:41 AM
My dad totalled out a full size chevy 4x4 pickup one time when he hit a full grown 2000 lb Sow on a gravel road in South Dakota.

2000 pound sow.....damn. need pics

Bwana
01-30-2011, 08:02 AM
I seriously have lost count of how many deer I have hit, with the majority (99%) when I lived in Missouri.
I do know I hit deer 6 different times when I worked as a Medic. Thank God those Ambulances were built tough. LOL

You know, with all the road miles I have put on over the years, I have never hit one. The odds of that, are about like plugging into Pamela Anderson without a hat and coming out of it disease free.

A few years ago, I was following a buddy of mine along the Montana Highline in the middle of the day, between Malta and Havre and I got one hell of a free show. Off to the right, I could see three deer running across a field and getting ready to jump a fence, to cross the road. I slowed down, my buddy didn't. Two of the deer stopped just before entering the road, but one kept running. I watched him put on the burst and try to beat this guys van. The crazy thing ran right into the right side of the van, not the front, but the side. :eek: The deer went down like a sack of bricks at first, but got up and wondered off after about 30 seconds. The van on the other hand, didn't come out of the encounter as well. It smashed in the entire side of the right front door.

I told him, that's what you get for being a guy and driving a blue minivan, even the deer don't have any respect for you. :D

black angus
01-30-2011, 08:49 AM
There's a reason most farmers around here have grill guards on the front of their pickups. That $400-500 investment can save thousands down the line.

Frazod
01-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Thank God our ancestors wiped out the buffalo.

RJ
01-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I autopoached a deer in a '68 Chevy van one time ... the blunt nosed van with the engine between the front seats. Popped the tape right out of my cassette player. A friend of mine said he would take the deer so we loaded him up in the back and took him to his house.

FAX

Foghat?

stevieray
01-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Foghat?

Slow Ride?

Buehler445
01-30-2011, 10:12 AM
My wife and buddy carpool 40 miles to the next town over every day. My buddy tells me this story that these deer that are trying to run across the road while they're following a semi. He tells me 3 make it, one gets blasted. But he said when the 3rd one hit the semi, it slid right up the curved fenders and gets chucked 30 feet straight up in the air.

He thought it was wildly hilarious to see a deer chucked 30 feet in the air.

Radar Chief
01-30-2011, 10:13 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fLuIRPpNpRc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Buehler445
01-30-2011, 10:23 AM
We had a kid working for us. He was really pretty industrious. Anyway, he was on the way home from work and blasted this deer with his piece of shit pickup. He thought there was a chance his dad would be pissed that he wrecked the pickup. So he tied a chain on the son of a bitching animal and drug it home.

I would have liked to see it. I'm sure the carcass was bouncing through ditches, off signs and culverts, and probably damn near skinned the thing on the sand road.

Anyway, the kid got some satisfaction through retribution for the kamikaze.

UTChief
01-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I hit one this winter also $2,700 damage

Over-Head
01-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Back in my trucking career, I had just fueled up in OH, headding for TX over weight on a weekend.
Was running around the KY outbound scales on I-75 on a back road, (DOT had been spotty all weekend setting up with no notice catching guys just like me sneaking around over loaded.) when Bambi descided to come look real close at the undercarrige of my Freightliner.
Lost about $300.00 worth of fuel when he/she ripped off my cross over line between fuel tanks, not to mention a $1500 grill in the process.

WV
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
West Virginia Car-Deer Accidents Annually Exceed $44 Million (http://www.insurance-website.com/Content/2011/01/13/west-virginia-car-deer-accidents-annually-cost-exceed-44-million/)

So yeah I've hit one or two. The first one I ever hit I threw in the back of the truck and took home. At least I got some meat out of that one.

Bwana
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Back in my trucking career, I had just fueled up in OH, headding for TX over weight on a weekend.
Was running around the KY outbound scales on I-75 on a back road, (DOT had been spotty all weekend setting up with no notice catching guys just like me sneaking around over loaded.) when Bambi descided to come look real close at the undercarrige of my Freightliner.
Lost about $300.00 worth of fuel when he/she ripped off my cross over line between fuel tanks, not to mention a $1500 grill in the process.

Yeah, between suicidal Bambi's and crazy bastards that ran you off the road in Corvettes, it's no wonder you got the hell out of trucking. :evil:

Over-Head
01-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, between suicidal Bambi's and crazy bastards that ran you off the road in Corvettes, it's no wonder you got the hell out of trucking. :evil: Ya got that shit right!!!:D

chasedude
01-30-2011, 11:38 AM
In 94 (I think) and on my way back from Lawrence on 24 hwy I hit a deer. It was a large buck with a beautiful rack, which is all that made contact with my car. It knocked out my left headlight and my left side mirror.

I pulled over and my buddy and I ran back to see the body on the road. I must've just knocked the thing out cold cause it got back up a little dazed and wobbly then bolted into the woods.

I considered both the deer and I lucky. If I hit it full on I'm sure it would have gone through my windshield killing it and probably me with also.

I can still recall the sound of his antlers making contact with my car, creepy.

SAUTO
01-30-2011, 11:43 AM
We had one run into the side of our van a couple of years ago and the roll all the way to the the back bumper did a shit ton of damage.You know, with all the road miles I have put on over the years, I have never hit one. The odds of that, are about like plugging into Pamela Anderson without a hat and coming out of it disease free.

A few years ago, I was following a buddy of mine along the Montana Highline in the middle of the day, between Malta and Havre and I got one hell of a free show. Off to the right, I could see three deer running across a field and getting ready to jump a fence, to cross the road. I slowed down, my buddy didn't. Two of the deer stopped just before entering the road, but one kept running. I watched him put on the burst and try to beat this guys van. The crazy thing ran right into the right side of the van, not the front, but the side. :eek: The deer went down like a sack of bricks at first, but got up and wondered off after about 30 seconds. The van on the other hand, didn't come out of the encounter as well. It smashed in the entire side of the right front door.

I told him, that's what you get for being a guy and driving a blue minivan, even the deer don't have any respect for you. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
01-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Ya got that shit right!!!:D

LMAO

Bwana
01-30-2011, 11:53 AM
We had one run into the side of our van a couple of years ago and the roll all the way to the the back bumper did a shit ton of damage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deer like that, must be the Norm Bates of deer society. LMAO

They are so thick around here, we call them forest rats.

Frazod
01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
West Virginia Car-Deer Accidents Annually Exceed $44 Million (http://www.insurance-website.com/Content/2011/01/13/west-virginia-car-deer-accidents-annually-cost-exceed-44-million/)

So yeah I've hit one or two. The first one I ever hit I threw in the back of the truck and took home. At least I got some meat out of that one.

I'll bet the insurance industry does all it can to restrict deer hunting.

Buehler445
01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I'll bet the insurance industry does all it can to restrict deer hunting.

I bet you are incorrect. The insurance companies want to take premiums in and not pay out claims. Paying out for fucking deer is expensive.

FAX
01-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Foghat?

Buffalo Springfield.

FAX

Over-Head
01-30-2011, 01:11 PM
LMAO
Dont forget where I was in my "drug years" when that Vett went by...."You shoulda been in my fucken world!!!"..:D:eek:

Bwana
01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Dont forget where I was in my "drug years" when that Vett went by...."You shoulda been in my ****en world!!!"..:D:eek:

Does this give you a flashback? :hmmm:

http://lsdex.ru/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/21.media.tumblr.com//tumblr_kv11ezaooY1qzt4vjo1_500.gif

Over-Head
01-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Does this give you a flashback? :hmmm:

You prick!! I just came in from the shed

Bwana
01-30-2011, 01:22 PM
You prick!! I just came in from the shed

:LOL:

Gracie Dean
01-30-2011, 01:34 PM
My mom hit a deer with her buick a few years ago and it messed up a small corner of her car and killed the deer.

KCFalcon59
01-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I hit one about two weeks ago. Early morning, dark, thing just jumped right in front of me. Startled the shit out of me. Didn't much hurt the deer as it ran off. It cracked my bumper, broke my headlight, and dented my hood a little. Not too bad. Old car so I am going to leave it as is until I get something newer.

seaofred
01-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I hit one once on my way home from the Chiefs/Patriots game. What also sucked is I got a speeding ticket on the way up there that day... Still a good day though, we sacked Brady like 7 times and I think he threw 5 picks. 3 to Greg Wesley. If I remember right.

stevieray
01-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Buffalo Springfield.

FAX

Go and Say Goodbye?

googlegoogle
01-30-2011, 06:45 PM
http://www.channel4.com/food/images/mb/Channel4/4Food/recipes/chefs/river_cottage/christmas_at_river_cottage/rc_xmas_roasted_venison_ahero.jpg

RJ
01-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Buffalo Springfield.

FAX

So that got me thinking about Buffalo Springfield which made me think about Neil Young which made me want to watch some Neil Young You Tube videos which made me decide that I should own Neil Young Live at Massey Hall which made me order it from Amazon. So in a roundabout way I'd say you owe me $18.86.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dVC2cszdTao" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>