PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is Pete Moris? He was let go by the Chiefs

Quesadilla Joe
01-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Sad, regrettable decision by Chiefs organization to let Pete Moris go. You deserved better, Pete.

One of 11 swept up in this move; business-side decision, not football.

Yes, but did not come from that direction. RT @Greg_A_Bedard Pete got let go? Pioli strikes again
https://twitter.com/ProLinkSports

Hammock Parties
01-30-2011, 12:42 AM
PR director. He was a good guy.

RealSNR
01-30-2011, 12:42 AM
He was yo friggin mutha

tk13
01-30-2011, 12:43 AM
He worked in PR. He wrote all the weekly game notes. I don't know how many years, but he's been with the team a long time.

J Diddy
01-30-2011, 01:41 AM
He was yo friggin mutha

Yo mutha is like geico, so easy a caveman can do it.

|Zach|
01-30-2011, 01:49 AM
If he gets picked up by the Broncos then he is AWESOME!

Quesadilla Joe
01-30-2011, 02:53 AM

We have one of the best PR guys in NFL history working for Denver.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/BRONCOS-VP-OF-CORPORATE-COMMUNICATIONS-JIM-SACCOMANO-TO-RECEIVE-LIFETIME-ACHEIVEMENT-AWARD-FROM-THE-/ca271902-7892-11df-ba56-acc8e62813e9

Denver Broncos Vice President of Corporate Communications Jim Saccomano will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Order Sons of Italy in America (OSIA) on Sunday, June 13. The award ceremony will take place during a luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at the Denver Marriott West.

Saccomano is recognized as one of the most accomplished public relations professionals in NFL history as well as the longest tenured pro sports administrator in Colorado. He has chaired the NFL’s media relations and international committees and has served on the league’s postseason, radio-television, and special projects committees as well.

In his three decades with the Broncos, he has coordinated all of the Broncos’ public relations efforts locally, nationally and internationally, and in this capacity has worked on Super Bowls XXI, XXII, XIV, and the World Championship Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII. In addition to his five Broncos Super Bowls, he has worked for the NFL’s public relations staff at 19 additional Super Bowls and for 12 games has been designated by the league as a co-captain of the NFL’s Super Bowl PR staff.

In 1990, Saccomano and his staff were honored as the first recipient of the Pro Football Writers of America’s Pete Rozelle Award as the NFL’s outstanding public relations staff. In 1998, he was named winner of the Charlie Callahan Award for Public Relations from The Football News.

A Denver native and honors graduate of Metropolitan State College (B.A., 1970), he also has a master’s degree in journalism from the University of Colorado (1977). Saccomano is Chairman of the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame and serves on the Colorado Press Association Foundation Board and has served on the Denver Chamber of Commerce Metro Sports Committee as well.

The OSIA is the largest organization in the U.S. for people of Italian heritage. Founded in 1905, today it has 600,000 members and supporters along with a network of more than 700 lodges throughout the country.

KurtCobain
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/BRONCOS-VP-OF-CORPORATE-COMMUNICATIONS-JIM-SACCOMANO-TO-RECEIVE-LIFETIME-ACHEIVEMENT-AWARD-FROM-THE-/ca271902-7892-11df-ba56-acc8e62813e9

But ummm.. Denver sucks so he must suck.

|Zach|
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM

BEST OFFSEASON EVER!!!!

Saccopoo
01-30-2011, 03:04 AM

I wonder...is he a distant cousin of Saccopoo?

KurtCobain
01-30-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm gonna miss this guy.

booger
01-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Chiefs Front-Office Chopping Continues
January 26, 2011 - Bob Gretz | Comments (16)

The destruction/remake of the Kansas City Chiefs has been going on since January of 2009. The vision of the Hunt Family, led by team chairman Clark Hunt has not yet been realized because long-time, loyal employees continue to lose their jobs for one reason – change for the sake of change.

On Wednesday, at least 11 employees were known to be fired by the club. That included the 29-year employee Brenda Sniezek who was the director of community relations. Also released was director of logistics Ken Blume, who has been with the organization for 25+ years. Joining them on the waiver wire was associate director of public relations Pete Moris, an employee since 1994.

Others who found themselves unemployed were: Evelyn Bray, accounting manager; Heather Coleman, stadium operations personnel director, Pam Johnson, administrative assistant-finance; Lisa Siebern, player development assistant; Tom Stephens, creative services manager and three members of the team’s sales department.
http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/chiefs-front-office-chopping-continues.html

bowener
01-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I wonder...is he a distant cousin of Saccopoo?

Will you be posting in third person from now on?

WebGem
01-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Peter Morris? As in The Saurus?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't understand the point of firing all of those longtime employees for a team that has obviously been tremendously successful from a business perspective. You can't put this on Pioli, he works the football side only.

Surely these folks wouldn't be taking the axe for the drop off in attendance, that's related to the decline of the on field product from '07-'09.

Deberg_1990
01-30-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't understand the point of firing all of those longtime employees for a team that has obviously been tremendously successful from a business perspective. You can't put this on Pioli, he works the football side only.

Surely these folks wouldn't be taking the axe for the drop off in attendance, that's related to the decline of the on field product from '07-'09.

Who knows?? But sweeping changes with new management happen everywhere in all types of business from tme to time. sadly, thats just the way it is.

The Bad Guy
01-30-2011, 09:40 AM

You need to have a good PR guy when you hire shit coaches and are paying almost 10 million to coaches that are elsewhere.

bevischief
01-30-2011, 09:42 AM

this.

The Bad Guy
01-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Hopefully they axe Bob Moore too. Bob Moore is one of the most ignorant SOB's to ever exist.

One thing I am thankful for is that they got rid of the Rufus Dawes column.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2011, 10:06 AM
They are slowly changing over to their own guys. To be expected and it's probably a good thing that they are doing it slowly so that it goes smoothly.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Hopefully they axe Bob Moore too. Bob Moore is one of the most ignorant SOB's to ever exist.

One thing I am thankful for is that they got rid of the Rufus Dawes column.

He doesn't do PR anymore. He's just Chiefs historian.

The Bad Guy
01-30-2011, 10:16 AM
He doesn't do PR anymore. He's just Chiefs historian.

Kick him out of that title then too.

CaliforniaChief
01-30-2011, 10:31 AM

This was what I pulled off their site on this guy...

http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/iraqiinformationminister.jpg

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Are they really tremendously successful? People always complain about ticket and parking prices being poorly priced, even in their better days merchandise never flew off the shelf, and for how long did they peddle that embarrassing website? A lot of the business practices the Chiefs have used for years are obsolete. It wasn't until last year that they became really active with Twitter, etc.... The business side has benefitted off of tradition and a loyal fanbase that would buy tickets and merchandise no matter what.

I don't agree that winning alone is going to make this team marketable again. The last few weeks, we were a playoff bound team and we were still fighting blackouts.

It's a shame to talk about it this way because these are good people losing jobs. But this is business and new people generally bring new ideas. The best businesses aren't the ones who hold on to every single employee with history. The best ones are the ones that churn.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2011, 10:45 AM
This was not a traditionally strong fan base. Arrowhead was a ghost town in the 80s. In their better days, the Chiefs were consistently in the top 3-5 in merchandise sales.

Besides, if you are firing people for business failings, why in the hell are you firing secretaries or accountants. The problems you are mentioning are issues with marketing, which would make sense for the people in sales and PR to be let go.

cabletech94
01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
no no no no no.

they are just getting ready for their lockout.
these poor 11 will count as roughly $150,000 to $250,000 against the payroll.
there's no way that the chiefs can make it. must cut ties.

in all seriousness, this does suck for these guys. best wishes to them. the pussification (or should that be dickification) of america continues.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2011, 10:57 AM
This was not a traditionally strong fan base. Arrowhead was a ghost town in the 80s. In their better days, the Chiefs were consistently in the top 3-5 in merchandise sales.

Besides, if you are firing people for business failings, why in the hell are you firing secretaries or accountants. The problems you are mentioning are issues with marketing, which would make sense for the people in sales and PR to be let go.
the boom in KC coincided with the advent of free agency and the boom of the NFL in general as much as it did the Chiefs front office. Carl Peterson just rode the wave.

and they already did get rid of their PR guy, bob moore.

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2011, 10:57 AM

I get that helped engineer a turnaround. But the same happened for Disney in the 1980's. The same happened to Apple. Dell. Etc... Thousands of business models that became obsolete because time changes a lot of things. The best businesses are the ones that change with the times. Isn't it also possible that maybe Denny Thum was in this org. for so long that he didn't have a fresh perspective on eliminating positions that didn't really add value? Or maybe being loyal to a fault?

The one that really threw me by surprise was the Community Relations person, since KC has always been rock solid there. But to my point, 6 of the 11 of those people let go were in sales/marketing/PR.

Thing is, this decision seems to be driven by Clark Hunt, not Pioli, given that Hunt became CEO of the Chiefs. And Hunt has been with the organization for a long time. So I don't think it's necessarily true that these are changes for the sake of change. Maybe he's trying to slash cost by eliminating positions that weren't overly important. Maybe he's holding people accountable for lackluster results. There are a million and a half business reasons for why they might make a decision like this. I think it's disingenuous for anyone to say these were moves made just to purge the organization of Peterson's staff.

tk13
01-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Actually now that it's mentioned I do wonder if this has something to do with cutting costs for the lockout.

Marcellus
01-30-2011, 11:41 AM

Without being inside the organization there is no way to know why these people were canned. They very well may not have been very good at their jobs.

You don't clean out 11 people for no reason, something was going on. That's a lot of people to replace. You don't put yourself in that position just to do it as Gretz suggest.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Without being inside the organization there is no way to know why these people were canned.

I like to imagine Pete Moris, Brenda Sniezek, Ken Blume, Evelyn Bray, Heather Coleman, Pam Johnson, Lisa Siebern, Tom Stephens and three members of the team’s sales department were caught naked and sweaty inside a broom closet.

Brock
01-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Actually now that it's mentioned I do wonder if this has something to do with cutting costs for the lockout.

This.

Al Bundy
01-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I only know one guy that works out there for the Chiefs, people are on eggshells over there and the feeling I get is that these are lock out related moves. Seems to be happening in lots of places.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2011, 03:25 PM
the boom in KC coincided with the advent of free agency and the boom of the NFL in general as much as it did the Chiefs front office. Carl Peterson just rode the wave.

and they already did get rid of their PR guy, bob moore.

Bullshit.

The Chiefs rise to respectability occurred more than 4 years before, 1989.

cabletech94
01-30-2011, 04:20 PM
no no no no no.

they are just getting ready for their lockout.
these poor 11 will count as roughly $250,000 to $450,000 against the payroll.
there's no way that the chiefs can make it. must cut ties.

in all seriousness, this does suck for these guys. best wishes to them. the pussification (or should that be dickification) of america continues.

just redid my math.

Ugly Duck
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Hey... thats what I was going to say! Neg rep to you for beating me to the punch....

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I only know one guy that works out there for the Chiefs, people are on eggshells over there and the feeling I get is that these are lock out related moves. Seems to be happening in lots of places.

From what I have heard same thing. Some of the people let go have been with the team along time. I hope Clark is making the right decisons bringing East Coast types in to run the Chiefs. Lot of the bullshit that flies out east won't cut it in the Midwest.