PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Generic Gillette Fusion Razors at Kmart

jAZ
01-30-2011, 10:09 PM
I just discovered that Kmart (and maybe others) are now making knockoff versions of the Gillette razor products. I picked up the 6-blade Kmart store brand version of the Gillette Fusion.

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/01357352000_20100923080120651

It has 6-blades, the tilting head and very solid construction. It doesn't have the spring blades though.

But I'm just fine with it since it's about 1/3 the cost to buy blades.

Anyone else tried to use these or others? Glad that their are finally alternatives to the Gillette products.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_038W020377030001P

WV
01-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I've never liked Gillette razors, I'm a Schick guy.

|Zach|
01-30-2011, 10:11 PM
I am glad I don't have to buy all that stuff after going full beard.

Dunit35
01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
havent started puberty

Crashride
01-30-2011, 10:18 PM
6 freaking blades really? thats wayyyy overboard

BigRock
01-30-2011, 10:24 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR THE GENERIC GILLETTE FUSION CHALLENGE

jAZ
01-30-2011, 10:47 PM
6 freaking blades really? thats wayyyy overboard

At 1/3 the cost of 3 and 5 blade versions, it's actually not really overboard at all.

jAZ
01-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I am glad I don't have to buy all that stuff after going full beard.

I started shaving my head full bald. And at $4 per blade and 2-3 shaves per blade before they start degrading, I've been look at razor options a lot more often.

googlegoogle
01-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Posted about this 3 years ago. welcome to the past.

jAZ
01-30-2011, 10:50 PM

3 years ago!?!

Worst REPOST post evar!

blaise
01-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I stopped buying all the expensive blades. I use the Target brand with the strip on them. If I shave every day they work fine. I can get like 5 days from one.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Love the fusion blades, not the cost. How close is it being the same?

KurtCobain
01-30-2011, 11:21 PM
yeah, I'm a no on the puberty thing too.

Thig Lyfe
01-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Have fun dying of tetanus due to inferior blades!

Bugeater
01-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Get back to me when they have a generic of the Quintippio.

KcMizzou
01-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I am glad I don't have to buy all that stuff after going full beard.You don't have to shave your neck beard?

threebag
01-31-2011, 04:16 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ONidLNl8T-YybM::seanreiser.com/content/back-future-vs-doctor-who&t=1&usg=AFrqEzf2yLqJ4cQ3Pa2FaiftU_Avpq2EzA

"It Came Out of Nowhere,"

salame
01-31-2011, 04:41 AM
i just use tweezers

cookster50
01-31-2011, 06:44 AM
i just use tweezers

Sandpaper works better, doesn't take as long. Sometimes when I'm out camping I just grab the nearest porcupine, not as good as sandpaper, but better than tweezers.

Rukdafaidas
01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
I started shaving my head full bald. And at $4 per blade and 2-3 shaves per blade before they start degrading, I've been look at razor options a lot more often.

Try either sticking the razor in alcohol after shaving or drying the razor with a hair dryer after you're done shaving.
About a year ago, I had read of some guys getting a year off of one set of blades by doing this. They said the blades don't go bad from getting dull. They go bad because they're rusting at a microscopic level.
I've found that it works. I can't go a year before replacing them, but I do go about a month before I feel that I need to change them.

Pushead2
01-31-2011, 08:34 AM
K-Mart, I didn't know they still exist

Dayze
01-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Try either sticking the razor in alcohol after shaving or drying the razor with a hair dryer after you're done shaving.
About a year ago, I had read of some guys getting a year off of one set of blades by doing this. They said the blades don't go bad from getting dull. They go bad because they're rusting at a microscopic level.
I've found that it works. I can't go a year before replacing them, but I do go about a month before I feel that I need to change them.

:hmmm:
I need to try that.

Simply Red
01-31-2011, 09:28 AM
only one Kmart and it's 30+ mis. away.

jAZ
01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Love the fusion blades, not the cost. How close is it being the same?

I had 3 days of growth on my head and it was a little rought, but so would any blade at that point. I had 1 day of growth on my face and it was great. Not perfect, but better than other non-fusion blades.

Definitely worth the cost to test it out and see how you feel. I'll be keeping these and pan to buy more in the future.

jAZ
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks, I'll see if that works. But they also (by design) start to go bad when that strip goes from blue to white, which is after a few shaves. It starts to sick when that little bit of lubrication is gone.

I recently bought some Kmart disposable blades sorta like the Schick Quatro and the strip on those blades is still going 3 weeks later. The blade/design is worse to begin with, but it re-enforced the point that those strips are as much designed to force you to buy a new blade as they are to provide a smoother shave.

jAZ
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
only one Kmart and it's 30+ mis. away.

There's at least two of them. The other one is 20 minutes from my house.

WV
01-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks, I'll see if that works. But they also (by design) start to go bad when that strip goes from blue to white, which is after a few shaves. It starts to sick when that little bit of lubrication is gone.

I recently bought some Kmart disposable blades sorta like the Schick Quatro and the strip on those blades is still going 3 weeks later. The blade/design is worse to begin with, but it re-enforced the point that those strips are as much designed to force you to buy a new blade as they are to provide a smoother shave.

I think those strips are a bunch of crap. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always thought the shaving cream served the same purpose and the stupid strips are just selling points.

Skyy God
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
F**k Everything, We're Doing Five Blades

http://www.theonion.com/articles/****-everything-were-doing-five-blades,11056/

jAZ
01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I think those strips are a bunch of crap. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always thought the shaving cream served the same purpose and the stupid strips are just selling points.

They were selling points on the surface, but re-selling points in the end.

They become sticky after you use the top layer. And you have to buy a new blade once that happens, no matter how sharp the blade itself is.

Fish
01-31-2011, 12:30 PM

No offense, but that's just silly. While rust can have some affect on the surface of the blade, that's not what's making the blade "go bad". The blades need to be replaced simply because they're cutting through your beard while never being resharpened. It's really as simple as that.

Groves
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM
No offense, but that's just silly. While rust can have some affect on the surface of the blade, that's not what's making the blade "go bad". The blades need to be replaced simply because they're cutting through your beard while never being resharpened. It's really as simple as that.

Not to get into a pissing match, but you don't appear to know what you're talking about.

Now, I don't know about getting a year out of a blade unless you grow corn silk on your face, but you can certainly get a dull blade by just exposing it to the elements. We're not talking a corrosion tank, but simply the humid environment of a typical bathroom.

Desiccants can stem the corrosion if you don't want to use alcohol.

Chief Chief
01-31-2011, 03:07 PM

WHAT?! Waste a couple of perfectly good ounces of beer?? RUFKM?!

Rausch
01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Anyone else tried to use these or others? Glad that their are finally alternatives to the Gillette products.]

:#

jAZ
01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
:#

duly noted. ;)