PDA

View Full Version : Misc I think I strained my neck

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Don't know how, probably because I slept funny, but I've had this type of a problem more than once recently. I put ice on my neck, but it still hurts. Anyone know how to heal this(or not make it hurt as much)?

BigMeatballDave
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Quit trying to blow yourself...

wazu

/thread

Rams Fan

LMAO I've heard of someone removing their ribs so they could do that....

Shogun
01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
You're straining too much while pooping, you probably have hemmoroids also. Go have a look and report back

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
You're straining too much while pooping, you probably have hemmoroids also. Go have a look and report back

Eh, it doesn't hurt when I poop. It hurts when I turn my head to the right.

Frazod
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Chiropractor. I'd try to do it first thing tomorrow before the weather goes to complete shit.

bevischief
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM

Thread over.

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Chiropractor. I'd try to do it first thing tomorrow before the weather goes to complete shit.

To late for that. It's already raining, which will turn to freezing rain after which it will be snowing at 8 in the morning here. I had someone give me a massage, that helped a bit.

Frazod
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
To late for that. It's already raining, which will turn to freezing rain after which it will be snowing at 8 in the morning here. I had someone give me a massage, that helped a bit.

Oops - I forgot, you guys are already fucked. I'm outside Chicago - we've got until tomorrow afternoon before it hits here full force.

But I'm telling you, when that happens, go to the chiropractor. Don't buy into their song and dance about needing to come back another ten times, but that first time is worth the trip and whatever the charge is.

CHENZ A!
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
I hyperextended my elbow or something last week, and made it even worse this week. My bicep, and forearm hurt too and the elbow is all fucked up. I feel like my hand is kind of numb, or maybe just weak. I couldn't even do a puch up right now if I wanted to I bet. I shouldn't have played on Sat

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Oops - I forgot, you guys are already ****ed. I'm outside Chicago - we've got until tomorrow afternoon before it hits here full force.

But I'm telling you, when that happens, go to the chiropractor. Don't buy into their song and dance about needing to come back another ten times, but that first time is worth the trip and whatever the charge is.

Sounds like a plan, I don't think it's really serious, it feels like I pulled something.

And we're screwed if it's 20 inches here in St. Louis. Power lines will be going down, schools closing etc.

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:46 PM
I hyperextended my elbow or something last week, and made it even worse this week. My bicep, and forearm hurt too and the elbow is all ****ed up. I feel like my hand is kind of numb, or maybe just weak. I couldn't even do a puch up right now if I wanted to I bet. I shouldn't have played on Sat

I've had that type of shit happen with shoulder. I put some ice on it and rested it for a day or so. Felt better after that.

RealSNR
01-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Take this and call me in the morning

http://www.rickenbackermotors.com/rest/savewood/weight2.jpg

DJ's left nut
01-31-2011, 08:49 PM
My chiropractor turned my stiff neck into a ruptured disc. Nearly a decade later and I still can't work out for more than a couple days without ending up immobile for a week.

Go into chiropractic care with both eyes open. There's a good reason a lot of highly trained people see chiropractors as quacks. There are a lot of success stories, but chiropractic care centers around 'adjustments' and other fairly rapid, unnatural movements that can certainly do harm.

When my neck goes out, I pretty much have to hit the inversion table, down anti-inflammatories and wait for things to calm down. Heat can help keep the muscles loose, but cold does a better job of stopping the inflammation altogether; kinda depends on the nature of the injury which is better for you, but try both.

Frazod
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a plan, I don't think it's really serious, it feels like I pulled something.

And we're screwed if it's 20 inches here in St. Louis. Power lines will be going down, schools closing etc.

One morning I woke up and couldn't turn my head to one direction (can't remember which one). Did something in my sleep, same as you. It was horrible, hurt like hell. I went to work and was actually sent home because I was so obviously fucked up. Went to a chiropractor on my wife's recommendation (every three or four years she's actually right about something :D ). He jerked my head around and made that wet, ripping, popping sound that you associate with somebody's neck getting broken in a movie, and the thought of that sound does still disturb me a bit, but the pain instantly went away. The closest thing I can compare it to is how much better you feel right after you puke. Neither is very pleasant to experience, but the results don't lie.

KcMizzou
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Since we're sharing injuries... I stubbed my toe really bad on the stairs a week before this past Saturday. Ended up going to the doc on Wednesday because I thought I might have broken my foot. They took an X-ray and didn't find a break but said it might be like a turf to thing or a bone bruise. There's no telling without an MRI, and the treatment (R.I.C.E. rest, ice, compression, elevation) would be the same either way.

Damn thing hurts like a bitch though. I still can't put any weight on the ball of my right foot. From reading up on it, it sounds like things like this can take a month or more to fully heal... so I'll be gimping around for quite a while.

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
One morning I woke up and couldn't turn my head to one direction (can't remember which one). Did something in my sleep, same as you. It was horrible, hurt like hell. I went to work and was actually sent home because I was so obviously ****ed up. Went to a chiropractor on my wife's recommendation (every three or four years she's actually right about something :D ). He jerked my head around and made that wep, ripping, popping sound that you associate with somebody's neck getting broken in a movie, and the thought of that sound does still disturb me a bit, but the pain instantly went away. The closest thing I can compare it to is how much better you feel right after you puke. Neither is very pleasant to experience, but the results don't lie.

That sounds so relaxing right now.

Frazod
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
That sounds so relaxing right now.

What, puking or getting your head half ripped off? :)

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
What, puking or getting your head half ripped off? :)

Yes.

Frazod
01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes.

You're kind of twisted. I like that.

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
You're kind of twisted. I like that.

If I wasn't twisted, I wouldn't be where I am.

Donger
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
It will be better in a few days.

UTChief
01-31-2011, 09:09 PM
sorry to hear that, take some good drugs

Rams Fan
01-31-2011, 09:19 PM
sorry to hear that, take some good drugs

Weed makes everything better.