PDA

View Full Version : Life Another Business Class question

El Jefe
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Ok CP, how would you answer this hypothetical question from my illustrious biness class.

No more of these, I thought it would be interesting, but I am in fact wrong. For those who answered seriously thanks, it's interesting getting different perspectives on these scenarios, as they allow me to see things I wouldn't have before.

The Franchise
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Everything at a garage sale is "as is" unless otherwise noted by the seller.

The Franchise
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh and for the second question.

No because techincally you could use the computer as a hammer.....even if it still worked.

Bwana
02-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Everything at a garage sale is "as is" unless otherwise noted by the seller.

This

Buehler445
02-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Most garage sales are as is I believe.

Saul Good
02-01-2011, 06:57 PM
If you want warranties, go to a retailer. If you buy electronics at a garage sale, test it out before you purchase it.

The only thing that you should expect from the seller is that it's not stolen.

ElGringo
02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I agree with above responses, it was bought as is. However, looking at it from a sellers perspective, if someone returned to me with said computer that I believed to be working I would probably do all I could to get it working for the person (just cause that is the type of person I am). If I knew it didn't work, I also would have warned the buyer of this.

El Jefe
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Poof vamous son of a b****, H to the Izzo.

Bwana
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Try this one on for size.

On Tuesday you notice that you cannot find a valuable ring that been given to you by your grandmother, so you assume that you have lost it. On Friday you see another student wearing what appears to be the ring that you lost. You confront the person, and the person says that they found it on the floor of a local restaurant. You say that the ring is yours and provide pictures of the ring as evidence. The other student refuses to give it back to you.

Will you be able to regain possession of the ring?

Principle of Law

Your (as a judge) decision

Honestly, I give them one more chance to do the "right thing" before going all cowboy on their ass and removing it myself.

J Diddy
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Honestly, I give them one more chance to do the "right thing" before going all cowboy on their ass and removing it myself.
With a knife I presume.

Saul Good
02-01-2011, 07:21 PM

On Tuesday you notice that you cannot find a valuable ring that been given to you by your grandmother, so you assume that you have lost it. On Friday you see another student wearing what appears to be the ring that you lost. You confront the person, and the person says that they found it on the floor of a local restaurant. You say that the ring is yours and provide pictures of the ring as evidence. The other student refuses to give it back to you.

Principle of Law

I would award it to the original owner. That person was obviously still looking for it. What if I drop my wedding ring, lose sight of it for ten seconds, and someone picks it up? Is it theirs? Hell no.

Bwana
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
With a knife I presume.

No LMAO

DeezNutz
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I have another scenario:

Imagine your professor gives you an assignment. You post said assignment on ChiefsPlanet, get responses from scholars like DoucheChief, yet submit said brilliance as your own.

Would you have possession of the ideas?

Kyle DeLexus
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM

Principle of Law

As a judgment if you (the ring loser) can prove that the ring belongs to you and the other student said they found it at a local restaurant, possession is awarded to the title owner

kstater
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
I have another scenario:

Imagine your professor gives you an assignment. You post said assignment on ChiefsPlanet, get responses from scholars like DoucheChief, yet submit said brilliance as your own.

LMAO

I'd rep you but I'd be afraid Hootie would get mad.

kstater
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
And what the fuck is up with having to leave a comment for positive rep now?

Kyle DeLexus
02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
And what the **** is up with having to leave a comment for positive rep now?

That's the best part of rep, comments should be required.

DeezNutz
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
LMAO

I'd rep you.

Cool, you got my PM. I drop them like British pamphlets over wartime Germany.

Pablo
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Yo bro. If you want me to do your homework for me just send me a PM.

I grad-ye-ated collage and a'thing

All I require for payment is rep. And lots of it.

Buehler445
02-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Pretty much this. The condition of their finger after I'm through is not my concern.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
02-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I suggest a new major.

CaliforniaChief
02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I have another scenario:

Deez FTW!

El Jefe
02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
I have another scenario:

Nah, these are thinking questions, they hold no point bearing, they are just creative thinking scenarios to get our minds churning. I wish those were my assignments lol.

luv
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
So, does this mean I can have the Planet do my homework, too?

El Jefe
02-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I suggest a new major.

I already posted one reply to one of these. These are thinking questions designed to get you to be able to choose a decision, and be able to defend you decision legally, I don't need answers from others, Im looking to solicit other point of views.

Bwana
02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
So, does this mean I can have the Planet do my homework, too?

Yes

luv
02-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes

Sweet! I've got Legal Research, Civil Litigation, and Paralegal Ethics.

El Jefe
02-01-2011, 08:39 PM

I just threw up a little in my mouth, Paralegal ethics sounds easy though, is it?

Bwana
02-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Well hell, post it up girl!

luv
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I just threw up a little in my mouth, Paralegal ethics sounds easy though, is it?

Ethics is always easy. Confidentiality, conflict of interest, unlawful practice of law, etc. There are a few specifics to learn, but overall, easy A.

luv
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Well hell, post it up girl!

Nah. I've been doing just fine on my own. And I know my answers are ones I came up with.

Bwana
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Nah. I've been doing just fine on my own. And I know my answers are ones I came up with.

Yeah, but after you get all whisky drunk, it may not work out so well. ;)