PDA

View Full Version : Football Tom brady wins Offensive player of the year

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @MikeReiss: Patriots QB Tom Brady is named AP Offensive Player of the Year. ... And won't surprise me if his HC wins Coach of the Year.

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Jamaal got fucked over

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Yup and todd haley better win that shit on wed night

talastan
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
That was a big shock. They must be picking AP awards by the amount of hair a person has. There goes Haley's chance at Coach of the Year. :shake:

Hammock Parties
02-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Brady had an incredible year. 38 TDs throwing to garbage.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Tom Brady named AP's offensive POYEmail Print Comments8 Associated Press

DALLAS -- Tom Brady has won The Associated Press 2010 NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award for the second time in four seasons.

The record-setting New England quarterback, who had a string of 355 passes without being intercepted, received 21 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. He easily beat Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick, who got 11 votes.

A unanimous choice for the All-Pro team, Brady led the Patriots (14-2) to the league's best record and threw for 36 touchdowns while being picked off just four times. When he won the award in 2007, Brady set an NFL mark with 50 touchdowns passes as New England went undefeated in the regular season.

Oddly, the Patriots did not win the championship in either of those seasons, but have won it three other times.

kstater
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Jamaal got fucked over

:spock:

MoreLemonPledge
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
The top 2 vote getters for Defensive MVP are playing in the Superbowl, and the top 2 vote getters for Offensive MVP didn't win a playoff game. I guess defense really does win championships.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/photos/2011/feb/01/305504/

damm jamaal didn't get 1 vote

Thig Lyfe
02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
That should clinch it. Matt Cassel is the MVP.

Chiefs Rool
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
cant say he didnt deserv it

Buehler445
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Mike Tomlin should 100% be coach of the year. He lost his QB to suspension for 25% of the season and is playing in the Super Bowl. Not to mention he went 3-1 in that stretch.

CaliforniaChief
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Mike Tomlin should 100% be coach of the year. He lost his QB to suspension for 25% of the season and is playing in the Super Bowl. Not to mention he went 3-1 in that stretch.

Agreed.

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
:spock:

6.38 YPC 2nd to only Jim Brown, and 2nd in the league in rushing yards even though he had less carries.

JD10367
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I cannot speak for all Patriots fans, only myself, when I say: who gives a fat flying fuck. They lost in the first round of the playoffs, AGAIN. I could care less if he wins OPOY or MVP or Best Hair Award. It's all fucking pointless when you don't win the Super Bowl.

kstater
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
6.38 YPC 2nd to only Jim Brown, and 2nd in the league in rushing yards even though he had less carries.

And Tom Brady had 37 TD's 4 INT's, went more than half a season without throwing an INT and led his team to 14 wins. This one wasn't close for a reason.

-King-
02-01-2011, 08:40 PM

You're a fucking idiot.

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2011, 08:43 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

we have our teenage response everybody give him a hand :clap:

-King-
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
we have our teenage response everybody give him a hand :clap:

How can you compare ypc to 38TDs and 4 INTs? Jamaal deserved a vote or two, but he did not in any way get screwed out of the award.

Tribal Warfare
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
How can you compare ypc to 38TDs and 4 INTs? Jamaal deserved a vote or two, but he did not in any way get screwed out of the award.

Brady had a great year, but Charles did also being mentioned in the same breath as Jim Brown and Barry Sanders is an outstanding accomplishment. Christ like this type shit happens every year of course :rolleyes:

alpha_omega
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
36 and 4 should win it.

Brock
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Brady had a great year, but Charles did also being mentioned in the same breath as Jim Brown and Barry Sanders is an outstanding accomplishment.

Great, so he earned being mentioned in the same breath as Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. Hopefully, in 3 or 4 years that will still hold true. I doubt it.

SAUTO
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Brady had a great year, but Charles did also being mentioned in the same breath as Jim Brown and Barry Sanders is an outstanding accomplishment. Christ like this type shit happens every year of course :rolleyes:

Come on man......charles was great, but its not even close.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM

And Brady is mentioned in the same breath as Manning, Montana and other great QBs.

SAUTO
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
TW would you trade charles for brady today?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
02-01-2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/photos/2011/feb/01/305504/

damm jamaal didn't get 1 vote

I'd take Jamaal over Arrian Foster any day of the week - long term or based on this season's production alone. Same with Roddy White and Desean Jackson.

milkman
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
The top 2 vote getters for Defensive MVP are playing in the Superbowl, and the top 2 vote getters for Offensive MVP didn't win a playoff game. I guess defense really does win championships.

Individual awards are useless.

The two teams in the SB have both franchise QBs and outstanding defense.

That's why I say, again and again, give me a franchise QB and a top 10 defense and I'll take my chances against the rest of teh league.

JD10367
02-01-2011, 09:32 PM

That's why I say, again and again, give me a franchise QB and a top 10 defense and I'll take my chances against the rest of teh league.

But if you have to choose one, choose the defense. As Brady has shown the past two seasons--and as the Ravens showed with Trent Dilfer--you're better off with the D than with the QB.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2011, 09:42 PM
But if you have to choose one, choose the defense. As Brady has shown the past two seasons--and as the Ravens showed with Trent Dilfer--you're better off with the D than with the QB.

Brady has won 3 rings, and has had his team in the hunt every year for nearly a decade.

The Dilfer lead Ravens were a one year wonder.

Brock
02-01-2011, 09:44 PM

If you have to choose one, you're not going to the Super Bowl.

DTLB58
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Jamaal got ****ed over

If Thomas Jones wasn't sharing the load and Jamaal would have got another 10 TD's and 500 yards.......

milkman
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Brady has won 3 rings, and has had his team in the hunt every year for nearly a decade.

The Dilfer lead Ravens were a one year wonder.

The Chiefs of the 90s, no SB.
The Steelers between the Bradshaw years and the Roethlisberger years, one SB.
The Bears of the 80s, one SB.

On the other side, you have Peyton Manning, one SB
Dan Fouts, none
Dan Marino, one SB appearence.

You need both.

Over-Head
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Patriots QB Tom Brady is named AP Offensive Player of the Year. .

Ok, whats the punch line??:hmmm:

DTLB58
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM

I don't disagree or....McCarthy has 16 players on IR and ditto.

Over-Head
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Agreed!!
He's a HOFer...give him another 10 years

DTLB58
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I cannot speak for all Patriots fans, only myself, when I say: who gives a fat flying ****. They lost in the first round of the playoffs, AGAIN. I could care less if he wins OPOY or MVP or Best Hair Award. It's all ****ing pointless when you don't win the Super Bowl.

The thing is these awards are suppose to be based on the regular season only since everyone doesn't play in the post season.

milkman
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
The thing is these awards are suppose to be based on the regular season only since everyone doesn't play in the post season.

His point is, he doesn't give a rat's ass about regular season awards.

It's about winning in the post season.

DTLB58
02-01-2011, 10:07 PM

Yepper, Besides anyone can draft a freaking RB these days, my god this league is loaded at that position. I want a QB.

Buehler445
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I cannot speak for all Patriots fans, only myself, when I say: who gives a fat flying fuck. They lost in the first round of the playoffs, AGAIN. I could care less if he wins OPOY or MVP or Best Hair Award. It's all fucking pointless when you don't win the Super Bowl.

May you have the Chiefs NEVER WINNING A FUCKING PLAYOFF GAME....EVER! FUCK! Curse. So we can get it off our mantle.

Can we have your QB then? You know, since you don't want him.

KCrockaholic
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
If Thomas Jones wasn't sharing the load and Jamaal would have got another 10 TD's and 500 yards.......

Would have, could have, should have. I wish we played that game, but we don't.

JD10367
02-02-2011, 01:07 AM
May you have the Chiefs NEVER WINNING A ****ING PLAYOFF GAME....EVER! ****! Curse. So we can get it off our mantle.

Can we have your QB then? You know, since you don't want him.

Never said any such thing.

But I'm wondering about Belichick. Really. 2006: Patriots give up biggest postseason lead ever in loss to the Colts. 2007: Patriots go 16-0 and lose to the Giants in the SB in the biggest collapse in history. (2008 is a mulligan thanks to Bernard Pollard.) 2009: Patriots lose at home in first playoff game to Baltimore, looking awful. 2010: Patriots lose at home in first playoff game to the Jets (after finishing a league-best 14-2), looking awful. What the fuck.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still drinking the Kool-Aid. I'm just staring suspiciously at the glass now, wondering if it's good for me or not...

JD10367
02-02-2011, 01:15 AM
And just to clarify, before anyone jumps on me with a "spoiled" comment, look at that list again: massive collapse, historically massive collapse, one-and-done to a solid but unspectacular team (that then lost its next playoff game), one-and-done (after finishing with the best record) to a solid but unspectacular team (that then lost its next playoff game). That's a pretty brutal four-year result for a team with the supposed best coach in history and one of the best QBs in history.

I have no problem with a good team that, at most, even gets into the playoffs and maybe wins a game and then loses to a better opponent. I don't expect the Patriots to win Lombardis every year. I'm not a Yankee fan. But, shit, that's some pretty obvious underachieving.