PDA

View Full Version : Life Ever been attacked by a dog?

Frazod
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
The thread about mailmen got me thinking about this. Have you ever been seriously attacked by a dog? I'm not talking growled at, or nipped by a playful puppy; I mean a full-blown attack where the dog did, or at least attempted to do, grievous bodily harm. Personally, I never have been.

So let's hear about the times Fido decided you needed to die!

DMAC
02-04-2011, 02:03 PM
You were attacked by a fridge. Good thing you had your gun.

FAX
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Nope. Never got attacked by a dog.

FAX

Saulbadguy
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Not full blown attacked, but got bit in the nose by a dumbass cocker spaniel. Had to get stitches, still have a scar.

DMAC
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Not full blown attacked, but got bit in the nose by a dumbass cocker spaniel. Had to get stitches, still have a scar.

Did it bite your hair off too?

58-4ever
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
A fat girl tried to have sex with me once. She was pretty vehement about it too.

#notsureifthatcounts

Frazod
02-04-2011, 02:06 PM
A fat girl tried to have sex with me once. She was pretty vehement about it too.

#notsureifthatcounts

Only if you count my first marriage. I guess that was a prolonged assault. :doh!:

Saulbadguy
02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Did it bite your hair off too?

No, my genes took care of that.

02-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Not a dog, but I had it out with a rabid skunk a few years back. theres a thread about it somewhere.

DMAC
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
No, my genes took care of that.

Not as exciting.

Dallas Chief
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
No, but my stepdad did was when he was a teenager. He killed it later that week by riding his bike past its house again, the mutt gave chase, and he dropped a cinder block on it's head. Kept right on riding too. Got arrested for it, but not charged.

blaise
02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't say I was attacked, but I was bitten. It was my fault. I was playing with our new puppy and he sort of jumped and nipped at my face. His tooth was sharp like a pin and it poked right through the skin near my nose. When I pulled back it tore a line from there to the top of my lip. I still have a scar there. It looks like a thin white line. Not too bad, though. I think it's kind of cool.

blaise
02-04-2011, 02:12 PM
No, but my stepdad did was when he was a teenager. He killed it later that week by riding his bike past its house again, the mutt gave chase, and he dropped a cinder block on it's head. Kept right on riding too. Got arrested for it, but not charged.

One of my neighbors when I was a kid, this old guy, claimed he killed a dog that bit him by putting a bunch of sand in it's mouth and holding it's mouth shut. That used to kind of freak me out.

Predarat
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
No, I always keep a container of AntiFreeze by my side.

ChiTown
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I once got bit by a postal worker.........nasty little critters.

Frazod
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Not a dog, but I had it out with a rabid skunk a few years back. theres a thread about it somewhere.

Ick. I assume there was no winning that exchange - just degrees of losing.

DMAC
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
One of my neighbors when I was a kid, this old guy, claimed he killed a dog that bit him by putting a bunch of sand in it's mouth and holding it's mouth shut. That used to kind of freak me out.

Grandpa told me he would get rid of barkin neighbor dogs by finely crushing up a Coke bottle and putting it in a half pound of ground beef.

He said he would feed the raw beef to the dog and it would shit blood for a week, then die. :eek:

02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Ick. I assume there was no winning that exchange - just degrees of losing.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150261

LOL!

Chiefs Rool
02-04-2011, 02:22 PM
yup, when I was about 4 years old. I was running around outside and my neighbors had let their 3 doberman's out and they all attacked me. My mom tried to fight them off, but not before I required a bunch of stitches in my head. I barely remember it, but I can sort of vision but it's very hard to remember exactly what happened as I was so young and now I'm old. I don't know if the dogs ever got put down, but I do know that they had to pay my medical bills.

MOhillbilly
02-04-2011, 02:22 PM
got bit right through the hand by a pit bulldog and just below the junk.

seclark
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
old man neighbor of mine had a lab mix that couldn't stand me. damn thing would lay down and let my kids scratch his belly, but as soon as it saw me, the hair on its neck would raise up and he'd just look at me and growl.

had a winter storm one time and i drove down to check on the old guy...see if he needed anything. i saw the dog as soon as i drove up. he saw me and walked around to the back side of the house. i went up and knocked on the door and all of a sudden looked down and this dog was standing right next to me, nose right there at my knee. i thought, "this ain't gonna go very good."

just as soon as the old man opened the door, the dog lunged and me and bit down on my left hand. pretty much tore the skin and meat off my thumb. i managed to grab one of his ears and twisted like hell. by then, the old man had got outside and started kicking the dog, which was kinda funny cause the dog probably weighed more than the 90 year old man. dog turned me loose and just sat there w/his head down, letting that old man kick him.

the old boy felt terrible. kept saying he was sorry and he'd kill the dog. i told him to forget about it. dog was just doing his job. he lived out in the boonies by himself, and i figured that bastard mutt was nice for him to have around. i went and got stitched up and told him i was fine.

strange thing was, after a couple months that dog got sick. couldn't hardly eat. we thought it had arthritis and the old man would warm up milk and put it in its food to make it soft enough to chew. it died not too long after that. i like to think it had something to do w/me, but i dunno...

if it wasn't for me being buddies w/the old man, i would have gut shot that dog and let him bleed to death though. f@ckin mongrel.
sec

Pioli Zombie
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Michael Vick was right

seclark
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I once got bit by a postal worker.........nasty little critters.

they say those are awful. never brush their teeth.
sec

blaise
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I had a neighbor shoot one of our dogs because she would get into his chickens. He warned us. He was this old farmer, and he came up one day and said he would have to do it if she kept going up there. We had a ton of property- a horse ranch, and the dog lived at the barn and just roamed the property. So, we didn't really do anything different about it after he warned us. We couldn't leash her, she was what she was. Anyway, she did it again and he shot her. Then he came and told us that he did.

Chiefs Rool
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I had a neighbor shoot one of our dogs because she would get into his chickens. He warned us. He was this old farmer, and he came up one day and said he would have to do it if she kept going up there. We had a ton of property- a horse ranch, and the dog lived at the barn and just roamed the property. So, we didn't really do anything different about it after he warned us. We couldn't leash her, she was what she was. Anyway, she did it again and he shot her. Then he came and told us that he did.

I had a neighbor that shot another neighbor's dog because it tried to mate with his. :shake:

FAX
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Wait a minute ... I revise and extend my remarks.

We had a dog once that was run over by a car. He wasn't dead, though. I picked him up and he bit the heck out of me right on the neck. Not really an attack, per se. But I still have the puncture scars. I took him to the vet and he was put down. Although, after biting me, I briefly considered just leaving him there to die slowly in the gutter.

FAX

seclark
02-04-2011, 02:34 PM

i had a pet husky that went a mile down the road and killed 125 setting hens. cost me $300 and he let me off very easy. i took the dog straight to the river and shot it in the head. the old man said he hated for me to kill the kids dog, but after writing him that check, it wasn't hard at all to do.
sec

Rain Man
I've never been attacked, but one time when I was walking home from work some woman was out in her yard with her lab. I was minding my own business walking up the sidewalk and that dog went absolutely berserker on me. It charged down out of the yard and confronted me and was snarling and spitting and lunging and everything short of biting. (Stupid coward dog - afraid to actually do anything. Stupid coward dog.) I had a backpack and I swung it off and was trying to keep it between me and the dog, and I have to say, it was a very scary experience. The woman ran over and even though the dog was acting rabid it didn't mess with her, so she was pulling its collar and dragging it backward and once she got it more than a few feet away it turned around and got compliant and she took it up the steps. The funny thing is, that was when I got hostile and the stupid coward dog was afraid to come back and finish the fight. I gave that lady an earful about that stupid dog and to show how upset I was, she was cute and apologizing profusely and I was still yelling at her.

ModSocks
Heh. Never bit, but chased a few times.

One time i was walking to school, i was about 5 or 6, and a German Shepard began chasing me. I ran across the street and jumped in the back of a parked truck. As the dog chased after me, some old, drunk woman (i mean this old hag was just beat) ran right over the dog and kept on going.

It cried and limped home.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I was just walking through my subdivision when I was about 17. Our phones were down so I was walking to the top of the hill to get cell service. It was fairly late (early evening) and I was focusing on the bars so I wasn't really paying attention. With the low ambient light and the light of phone scrambling whatever night vision I would've had, I was all but blind.

As I got further up the road, I hear a big damn dog let out a couple of very unfriendly barks, I look up and a German Shepard is charging down his yard at me in full throat with his hackles up. I'm standing in the street, so I'm both startled and a fair amount of pissed that this dog is going to kick my ass on a public street, but decide to make a break for it anyway rather than a principled stance that is going to get by balls chewed off. As I get across the street, I trip over the curb trying to cut through the lawn. I hit the ground and make the split decision that if this dog is chasing me, he's going to be on my ass before I get back up so I roll over and get ready to mule kick the motherfucker...

...who was secured to the end of the chain at the end of his yard....on the other side of the road.

Damn dogs.

FAX
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Damn, Mr. Rain Man.

You're lucky to be alive.

FAX

Pioli Zombie
02-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I once tried to witness to a German Shephard. I told him that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for his sins and that if he would Repent and accept Christ as his Lord and Savior that he would be saved. He bit the crap out of my testicles and leg but I forgave him as Jesus forgave me.

notorious
02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
http://content7.flixster.com/photo/51/52/81/5152813_gal.jpg

Rain Man
02-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Damn, Mr. Rain Man.

You're lucky to be alive.

FAX

Once the dog was in the house, I beat and sexually assaulted the woman while he was looking out the screen door, just to taunt him.

MOhillbilly
in the thousands of bulldogs ive been around ive only been around two truely scary animals(shifty & crazytrain came by the names right). Was glad to see them part ways with the living.

Otter
I've seen one go down. Many moons ago an ex-girlfriend and myself were looking at apartments and the current residents were outside sitting on lawn chairs facing the river with their dog kind of zoning out. The dog was a Hawaiian Pit bull, pure muscle and could probably take down a full grown deer if it really wanted. As soon as I rounded the corner he charged me, smelled me than actually stood in between my legs and started looking at the river again which is actually kind of a submissive or protective thing to do which surprised me in retrospect.

Krysta (girl at the time) rounded the corner with her Border Collie and all hell broke loose. The border collie was dead in what I'm guessing was about 10 seconds with a crushed skull and the the pit pinned her up against the wall and scared the shit out of all involved until the owner (a guy who probably should have such an alpha dog in the first place) took it inside.

The ironic part is ol' Preppie (border collie's name) probably would have had a chance at running away if it wasn't on the leash meant to keep it safe. Besides one one Chow all dogs seem to like me. I have a way with dogs and old ladies.

No human carnage but a border collie went from healthy and loving life to disfigured and tits up in about 10 seconds.

FAX
02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
I once tried to witness to a German Shephard. I told him that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for his sins and that if he would Repent and accept Christ as his Lord and Savior that he would be saved. He bit the crap out of my testicles and leg but I forgave him as Jesus forgave me.

You, sir, are one of the most ignorant, depraved, obnoxious, cretinous, and outright moronic imbeciles ever to grace this board.

Just wanted to get that out there.

FAX

luv
02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I came across a tempermental Dachshund last summer. Went to pet him before he was ready to. I have little scars on both sides of my hand. He bit into me, and I was nearly able to lift him off the ground while his teeth were in my hand. One of the holes bld for a little while, and I managed to survive.

FAX
Once the dog was in the house, I beat and sexually assaulted the woman while he was looking out the screen door, just to taunt him.

Well done, Mr. Rain Man.

You know, a woman who can't control her dog deserves the most brutal rape and beating a man can muster. That's my philosophy, anyhow.

FAX

seclark
worse than any dog attack was last 4th of july at party. f@ckin coyote hound pissed on my beer cooler.:mad: i thought...wtf???

dogs owner just sat there watching like it happened all the time.

sec
(and yes, i still drank the beer)

Rain Man
02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Well done, Mr. Rain Man.

You know, a woman who can't control her dog deserves the most brutal rape and beating a man can muster. That's my philosophy, anyhow.

FAX

How else are they going to learn?

Bwana
I had a blue heeler take a steak out of me when I was about 18. I went up to ask some farm hand if I could hunt, and the dude, let his dog loose. The thing tore into my leg. I punted the thing half way across the driveway and the farm hand got pissed off. I drove by there all the time and one day when I was heading out deer hunting, I saw the dog crossing the field. 7mm + 150 grain jacketed bullet = the dog didn't bite anyone else.

http://www.silverbulletarms.com/sc_images/products/435_large_image.jpg

DMAC
I moved to a new town once with my mom and step dad. I met these kids that played baseball every afternoon in the summer. I never played (and sucked) but they invited me anyway. Month or so went by and i got the hang of it. Anyway, we hit our last ball over the fence (where a crazy old negro man and his dog lived. The dog was huge and vicious and there were many tales about it eating kids). Well, I remembered my step dad had a baseball signed by some woman, Baby something... I went home and nabbed it. Wouldnt ya know it, I hit my first homerun with that ball, over the fence with the vicious dog. Come to find out, the ball was signed by Babe effing Ruth. I was screwed! Luckily, the old man was home, so we knocked on his door and he went back there and got it. I heard the dog died next to some train tracks or something...and some group of kids snuck out to go look at it and got leeches on their wangs...

Pioli Zombie
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I'd like to see a dog strapped into the backseat of an old Lincoln Continental and driven with the top down along Dealey Plaza. I'd have a team, one up in the School Book depository, one up on the bridge ahead, and one in the grassy knoll. Triangulation. That's the key! it would be like a turkey shoot. All 3 blasting away and I'd laugh as the dogs head was blasted apart. BACK. And to the left. BACK. And to the left. BACK. And to the left..

Pants
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
It's not hard when you're a retarded kid who tries to go pet a German Shepherd while he's eating. Still have a scar on my hand.

CoMoChief
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM
There were these neighbors that lived down the street from me when I was growing up. One guy had a Chow and it was meaner than shit....it got out and there were little kids playing in the yard....dog came over and attacked one of them...another neighbor witnessed this and came over and then the dog attacked him....so this guy choked the dog out..I mean MMA style guillotine choke out and killed it. Guy wasn't charged...and the owner of the Chow had to pay a fine IIRC.

HonestChieffan
02-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I had a blue heeler take a steak out of me when I was about 18. I went up to ask some farm hand if I could hunt, and the dude, let his dog loose. The thing tore into my leg. I punted the thing half way across the driveway and the farm hand got pissed off. I drove by there all the time and one day when I was heading out deer hunting, I saw the dog crossing the field. 7mm + 150 grain jacketed bullet = the dog didn't bite anyone else.

http://www.silverbulletarms.com/sc_images/products/435_large_image.jpg

22 250 poisoned my neighbors dog after he came after me about 4 times. Poor pooch just happened to be across the road in a calving pasture and I feared for the baby calves safety. Was the most aggressive dog I had ever been around and he would have hurt somebody bad someday.

bevischief
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Not bit but I stared down a dog. I use to walk my dog around the block but this house near the end of the block they had this crazy mutt dog and would always bark at me anytime he saw me. He got out while I was walking my dog and came up to me we were about 2 feet apart and I just stared at him waiting for him to blink and back down, he lost the stare down. After that he left me alone.

Frazod
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I've always been good with animals as well. I certainly have no false sense of security over it, but even animals that tend to be shitty to other people will warm up to me, or at the very least not try to eat me.

Years ago a neighbor of some friends had a lab/pit mix named Baby. Awesome dog - basically looked like a pit with a lab head. She wasn't particularly friendly to anybody else, but in the few times he brought the dog over while I was there she and I bonded - to the point where she'd key on anybody who came near me. The owner had to stop bringing her over while I was there - he basically said "I don't really know you, and I've bought this dog for family protection. You could break into my house and slit our throats right now and the dog would lick you hand." I was kind of bummed, but he had a point. Never saw Baby again. :(

Pioli Zombie
02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
It's not hard when you're a retarded kid who tries to go pet a German Shepherd while he's eating. Still have a scar on my hand.
Fuckin dog. What's retarded is having a dog like that around a poor kid. People will say stupid shit defending the dog but if he's that fucking mean he would do that he shouldnt be around a kid, he should be taken out and shot dead with his brains splattered all over Betty Whites ass.

DMAC
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM

So you were a retarded kid huh?

Pants
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
****in dog. What's retarded is having a dog like that around a poor kid. People will say stupid shit defending the dog but if he's that ****ing mean he would do that he shouldnt be around a kid, he should be taken out and shot dead with his brains splattered all over Betty Whites ass.

Not really, it was my fault. I wasn't traumatized or anything, I still love dogs. I probably would have shat my pants if there was any shit in me, though.

Pants
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Had my moments, I guess.

Skyy God
02-04-2011, 02:59 PM

I've always suspected as much. ;)

Inspector
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
It was such a cutie. One of those big poodles. She had pretty pink ribbons on both of her ears. Such a cute dog.

She was standing in the front yard as my wife and I were taking our walk around the neighborhood. Fences weren't allowed in my neighborhood so these fine folks had the invisible fence thingy. So no worries.

The family had kids too. You know how kids can be. Sometimes forgetful. Sometimes forgetting to turn the electric invisible fence on.

She charged, we did an about face and just started to walk away but by the time we got about 10 - 15 yards away she had a chunk of my hamstring (maybe she liked pork?) and a piece of my wife's hand.

We didn't fight or run, just kept walking at the same pace and the dog sat down and watched us go on down the street.

Later we got hold of the neighbor to let them know mainly because there were kids who played around their house. We received an apology and that was the end of that. Except now I've got a stupid dog bite story to tell whenever I get the chance.

But hey, it got me out of jury duty once when a guy was suing someone for a dog attack. He was a UPS driver. I'd been attacked by a dog and one of my kids works for UPS so they sent me home!

The Franchise
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Same shit happened to me when I was 6. Although the dog bit me in the cheek and I had to get something stupid like 30-40 stitches.

Baby Lee
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Technically an attack, due to the depth of damage, but over in an instant so not your traditional 'sustained' attack.

A little too close to the neighbors' Siberian husky while said neighbors shot off fireworks on the 4th of July when I was 9. Husky jumped up and 'wolfed' down 1/2 of my left ear. Literally swallowed it, had to get a skin graft from the crease behind said ear to replace and remodel the missing bit.

Before and after, my interactions with dogs have been blissful, until this past Thanksgiving. But it was totally my fault. My Ozzie is an alpha male. I actually got him from a family of friends who unfortunately got two alpha male puppies [Ozzie's a Fox Terrier, the other dog a Chocolate Lab] for their son and daughter. The two were literally, and nearly fatally on many occasions, at each other's throats.

Without another alpha male around, Ozzie's the perfect gentleman. He's ten this August and he hardly growls at anything. He's reluctant to bark to the point that he looks on with puzzled shame when I try to get him to bark for his treat. He's great around strangers, not even effusively nice [ie rambunctious] he just saunters up to them and stands there in a petting optimized vicinity and looks up eagerly. MoF, when I was transitioning from renter to owner of my house, and the past owner [a good friend] contracted a carpenter for some repairs, the guy [she/the owner, didn't tell me about it ahead of time] let himself in and Ozzie just sat and watched him work for about 3 hours while I was at work.

Now my parents and sisters have dogs too, but they're both betas so it's rarely a problem. . . . EXCEPT when food is at issue, and my sis' dog has a ravenous appetite and is pretty much on constant food patrol. We usually do fine with keeping them separated while feeding, but sis' dog got a little too curious while Ozzie was enjoying a Thanksgiving turkey bone and tempers flared. I had to grab Ozzie and settle him because when he activates it's right to the throat and commencing with the shaking the prey.

I got in there a little TOO quickly and probably surprised him by pulling him back from behind, and Ozzie nailed me on the chin with an over-his-shoulder nip that took about 1/2 a pencil eraser sized chunk out of my chin, not big but not negligible. There's just a hint of a scar to remind me that dog teeth are hard.

notorious
02-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Technically an attack, due to the depth of damage, but over in an instant so not your traditional 'sustained' attack.

A little too close to the neighbors' Siberian husky while said neighbors shot off fireworks on the 4th of July when I was 9. Husky jumped up and 'wolfed' down 1/2 of my left ear. Literally swallowed it, had to get a skin graft from the crease behind said ear to replace and remodel the missing bit.

I would have "retrieved" my ear via his asshole.

Frazod
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Same shit happened to me when I was 6. Although the dog bit me in the cheek and I had to get something stupid like 30-40 stitches.

I actually got bit in the face by a horse when I was 4. I remember blood and pain but not much else. No scar, fortunately.

I guess horses are the one animal I've had some bad luck with. Beyond the face bite, one dumped me on my ass when I was a kid after some prick set off a pack of firecrackers behind it (it did the HI O SILVER thing, and I'm not the Lone Ranger). I think I've ridden a horse two or three times since. Never cared for it.

DMAC
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
(it did the HI O SILVER thing, and I'm not the Lone Ranger)

:facepalm:

KC native
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Never really attacked but I've broken up about 4 dog fights and have gotten bit on my calf and hand.

I have no fear of dogs though so I think that helps the no attacks. If a dog gets aggressive, I have no problem fucking said dog up.

Frazod
02-04-2011, 03:42 PM
:facepalm:

Yeah, that sucked. We were visiting one of my mom's friends, and it was her kid who did it. After I recovered from getting the wind knocked out of me, I walked over and knocked the crap out of him (abruptly stopping his laughter in the process). That didn't go over too well with mom or her friend. I don't remember if they didn't believe he did it or didn't care, but I got in more trouble than he did. Fucker.

The Franchise
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I actually got bit in the face by a horse when I was 4. I remember blood and pain but not much else. No scar, fortunately.

I guess horses are the one animal I've had some bad luck with. Beyond the face bite, one dumped me on my ass when I was a kid after some prick set off a pack of firecrackers behind it (it did the HI O SILVER thing, and I'm not the Lone Ranger). I think I've ridden a horse two or three times since. Never cared for it.

Yeah....mine was from me being dumb though. I was 6 and no one told me not to bother a dog when he's eating. He was eating and I bent down to give him a hug. Rocky (was his name) turned around and latched onto my cheek. This is one memory that I will never forget because I remember screaming at the top of my lungs.....my Dad running into the room and throwing the dog against the wall. Once he got me settled down.....I remember him leaving with Rocky and Rocky never coming back.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Should dog owners have to carry insurance in case of damage caused by their pets? We rationalize this with car owners, and now, everyone else for health insurance. After reading this thread, why not dog owners?

Bwana
02-04-2011, 03:47 PM

I had horses for 15 years and only go bit once. Right at back of the arm, in the tricep area. It was cold, so I had on two shirts and a wrangler jean jacket. I was throwing out some hay for them and evidently I wasn't fast enough for this hose and it tore into my arm. Through the shirts and jacket, it drew blood. Son of a bitch that hurt. The bitch of it was, that horse was the most gentle horse I have ever owned. It was either having a bad day, or playing.

Frazod
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah....mine was from me being dumb though. I was 6 and no one told me not to bother a dog when he's eating. He was eating and I bent down to give him a hug. Rocky (was his name) turned around and latched onto my cheek. This is one memory that I will never forget because I remember screaming at the top of my lungs.....my Dad running into the room and throwing the dog against the wall. Once he got me settled down.....I remember him leaving with Rocky and Rocky never coming back.

They kept this horse in a vacant lot next to our house. I would feed it apples and various other things. I guess I gave it a crappy apple or something. CHOMP.

Bwana
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Should dog owners have to carry insurance in case of damage caused by their pets? We rationalize this with car owners, and now, everyone else for health insurance. After reading this thread, why not dog owners?

For some dogs, you do.

Otter
02-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Never really attacked but I've broken up about 4 dog fights and have gotten bit on my calf and hand.

I have no fear of dogs though so I think that helps the no attacks. If a dog gets aggressive, I have no problem ****ing said dog up.

I thought I smelled bad breath, failure and semen scented flatulence.

Baby Lee
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM

I have no fear of dogs though so I think that helps the no attacks. If a dog gets aggressive, I have no problem fucking said dog up.

Yeah, I think it was key in Ozzie's demeanor, and recommend to any owners of newborn 'aggressive' terriers [Fox, Rat, Jack Russell in particular] was the 'dominance sessions.'

Plop them on their back, pin their chest with your hand, get in their face, and bare your teeth. Maintain that pose until they 'give up' which usually is signified by them ceasing all squirming or optimally them wetting themselves.

No violence or physical pain administered, just setting firmly in their mind that, yes, there's something out there that is bigger and stronger than they'll ever be, and that something owns the house and puts your food out.

seclark
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
i admit, i did cry when travis shot old yeller.
sec

Mr. Flopnuts
02-04-2011, 03:54 PM
For some dogs, you do.

I didn't know that. I'd say I think it's ridiculous, but I don't want this to get kicked to DC. :D

blaise
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM

We had a mean horse. I still remember it's name Fizz O'Leana. It was one of the studs we had. He had a pen all to himself, and when you fed him you just shot the hay in there over the gate because he would bite you in a second. He would always kick the side of the walls if he saw you standing there.

I laughed at him the day we drugged his ass up and I got to stand on his face while we cut his balls off, and then fed them to the dogs.

notorious
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Plop them on their back, pin their chest with your hand, get in their face, and bare your teeth. Maintain that pose until they 'give up' which usually is signified by them ceasing all squirming or optimally them wetting themselves.

No violence or physical pain administered, just setting firmly in their mind that, yes, there's something out there that is bigger and stronger than they'll ever be, and that something owns the house and puts your food out.

Too bad the owners of rat dogs treat them better then their family members.

A few times in my life I was tempted to punt a pampered rat so hard that Shane Lechler would blush. I love dogs with every inch of my body, but I don't classify those little bastards as dogs.

DMAC
I laughed at him the day we drugged his ass up and I got to stand on his face while we cut his balls off, and then fed them to the dogs.

Balls with glass?

Skyy God

My understanding is that many homeowners policies cover dog bites.

Bwana
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM

ROFL

That sounds like something Jack Handy would come up with, priceless!

Skyy God

A few times in my life I was tempted to punt pampered rat so hard that Shane Lechler would blush. I love dogs with every inch of my body, but I don't classify those little bastards as dogs.

If it's smaller than a cat, it's not a dog.

Mr. Flopnuts
My understanding is that many homeowners policies cover dog bites.

That would actually make sense.

notorious
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM

I enjoy your newsletter and I wish to subscribe.

:D

Baby Lee
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM

A few times in my life I was tempted to punt pampered rat so hard that Shane Lechler would blush. I love dogs with every inch of my body, but I don't classify those little bastards as dogs.

I'm talking about a rat terrier [which is a classificational], not a rat dog [which is slang for a toy/purse dog]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Rat_Terrier_bark.jpg

Named because of their skill in hunting down vermin [just like the Fox Terrier is skilled in hunting down bigger vermin]. As alluded to above, they have a stout neck with rapid twitch muscles, so when hunting prey they grasp them in their jaws and the actual killing comes from breaking their spine through vigorous shaking. Ozzie's consumed dozens and dozens of nice fresh squirrels and rabbits over the years. Used to snatch birds too, saw him snatch one out of the air over 6 feet above the ground once. But one day he landed back and tweaked his back, so he just chases the earthbound [and fencetop to some extent] stuff these days.

My sis' dog ranges from 22-25 lbs depending if he needs a diet or not.

There is a toy rat that is rat in both the classification and slang sense.

underEJ
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Yep. In 1994 I was running in Loose Park. A man and his German Shepherd were running opposite my direction and when they passed me, the dog lunged at me, and bit my thigh tearing off about half my shorts, and a pretty good chunk of flesh. He tried to knock me down and go for more, but only got me to my knees before the owner finally snapped out of his shock and pulled the thing off of me and took off running. I could barely walk and there was alot of blood. Some lady helped me limp to a pay phone up by the main circle, and gave me money to call my mom who lived nearby. Another man tried to follow the owner and dog to get a plate number or house number but lost them.

I had to fly back home to San Francisco the next day and that was the worst flight I have ever been on. My thigh muscles kept freaking out and I was in so much pain. They reseated half the plane to get me a row by myself.

notorious
I'm talking about a rat terrier.

My mistake. :)

Named because of their skill in hunting down vermin [just like the Fox Terrier is skilled in hunting down bigger vermin].

Don't turn one loose on Chiefsplanet. We would lose over 80% of the posters in no time.

Frazod

This. Fuck I hate little dogs. Especially the yippie ones.

ModSocks
02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
My mutt has a BIG problem with my FIL.

No one else but my FIL. He literally goes ape shit as soon as his truck pulls up. My dog will be chillin' in the kitchen and as soon as he hears my FIL coming up the stairs he flips the **** out.

No one else (except for maybe the occasional black guy). We always know it's my FIL because he's the only one the dog flips for.

Not sure what it is about him.

Oh, and when he hugs and kisses my son or woman.....whooooo......doggy goes off.

MOhillbilly
02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
i admit, i did cry when travis shot old yeller.
sec

who didnt?

Baby Lee
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
My mistake. :)

Don't turn one loose on Chiefsplanet. We would lose over 80% of the posters in no time.

No worries. Ironically when my sis' dog was younger and not so chubby, he seemed very cat-like, not that he was smal' but he has a weird body/gait, where has body was longer and skinnier than normal and his leg joints operated more like a big cat than a dog, especially in comparison to Ozzie, who's a compact bundle of energy.

Good a place as any to put up a couple pics I recently found on the ol' HD.

1. Ozzie at the park
2. Dude loves his Air Conditioning
3. Ozzie and sis' rat saying fond farewells [that's my phone Wallpaper]

DMAC
02-04-2011, 04:32 PM
who didnt?

I cried when Hooch got shot too. Then he lived and had puppies and I felt like a friggin puss.

Frazod
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
who didnt?

CoMoChief! And he thinks you're queer, too! :D

DJ's left nut
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM

To a large extent, you already do (or perhaps might).

Contact your homeowners carrier and ask them what kind of coverage you may/may not have for a dogbite.

I know we have personal injury protection for a dog-bite through our homeowners insurance.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I cried when Hooch got shot too. Then he lived and had puppies and I felt like a friggin puss.

Dude.

Hooch died.

The Mastiff that ****s up his house at the end is his offpring (spawned before he died). Feel free to watch it again if you'd like.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m7BZZiS_CNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry to break the bad news.

MOhillbilly
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
CoMoChief! And he thinks you're queer, too! :D

if he knew my tally, he wouldnt call me a puss.

HoneyBadger
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
When I was about 8 I was at my neighbors house, and they had a giant German Shepard. It started biting my leg. I wasn't too hurt, but I was scared of dogs for several years after that.

arrowheadnation
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
My dad has a lawn care business. I was weedeating for him when I was like 10 years old. I had just finished and turned the weedeater off. Neighboring yard had a large fence with beware of dog sign on it. As I was walking back to the pickup, a large Mutt crawled through a hole in the fence and was running right at me with teeth bared. I started running, weedeater in hand. As he's catching up, I'm flipping the switch on and yanking the pull string. It started on about the third yank. I stopped, revved it up real loud, and turned around to scare him off. He dove right into the spinning line. Gave him a couple nasty cuts on his toungue and nose. He ran away with tail between legs. I felt terrible about it. We never heard anything about it from the neighbors. My dad laughed his ass off when he saw me running full blast through the back yard holding the weedeater out in front of me trying to start it.

black angus
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
My folks had a neighbor a block down that kept a mean pit bull. He had bitten at least 4 people that I know of. While changing the oil in my moms car one afternoon, he charged me. Being forewarned I had an aluminum baseball bat with me and I unloaded on him.
About a month later the guy who owned the dog got busted for running a meth lab in his house. Explained why he had the mean dog.

tmax63
02-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I've been bit a few times but never attacked. Was working in an ER one time getting hours for my EMT license when a 70+yr old lady came in and got about 100 stitches in each leg/ankle. She was doing her nightly stroll through her neighborhood and a poodle attacked her and she couldn't run enough to get away. I still hate poodles.

Bugeater
02-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Just once, and it was LiveSteam's fucking fault. He had me drive him over to some dude's farmhouse that I didn't know, and their dog immediately charged me and bit my leg as soon as I got out of the car. The fucker ripped the brand new pair of jeans I was wearing, and the owner didn't give a damn about any of it. He actually thought the whole deal was funny. That still pisses me off.

Bwana
02-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Just once, and it was LiveSteam's ****ing fault. He had me drive him over to some dude's farmhouse that I didn't know, and their dog immediately charged me and bit my leg as soon as I got out of the car. The ****er ripped the brand new pair of jeans I was wearing, and the owner didn't give a damn about any of it. He actually thought the whole deal was funny. That still pisses me off.

Heh, that sounds A LOT like my experience, but mine had a different ending. :bang:To this day, I can't stand blue heelers.

kcxiv
02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
when i was like 6, i used to tease the hell out of this big ass black dog by my house. one day, the fucker broke his chain and i ran up a car and was stuck there til my parents heard me yelling haha. Its not really an attack, but when your 6, its scary. lol

Idahojim
02-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Just my ex-wife.

KC native
02-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I think it was key in Ozzie's demeanor, and recommend to any owners of newborn 'aggressive' terriers [Fox, Rat, Jack Russell in particular] was the 'dominance sessions.'

Yea, I own a 70 pound male pit bull and a 6 pound miniature pinscher. I used to have the male pit (Chief) and a 50 pound female pit. The female started getting crazy at 2 and finally half assed snapped at my kid so she disappeared the next day. The male is a champ though. Kids can jump and pull on him all day and he doesn't give a shit (just like a pit should be). If a another adult dog comes around though, he feels the need to kill it (which is why I've broken up 3 dog fights. I'm not a dog fighter and I don't condone dog fighting).

Being a dominant owner and person over dogs isn't overrated. I had to be more dominant over the miniature pinscher than the female pit though, believe it or not.

I've never owned a dog with food issues and I will never own one that does have those issues. I know too many people with kids to ever let a dog snap at someone for taking their food away. In my book, a person brings and takes away food from a dog. A dog should never bite nor be aggressive to a human that takes food away or feeds a dog.

Fairplay
02-05-2011, 01:15 AM
This was a funny scene in the Pink Panther.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ue0fZfwHfzo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Several years back I was walking at work, if memory serves it was late in the day, rainy, and I was attacked by a fairly large dog. He only took one swipe at me, but he got me on the back of my right leg. Fortunately I was wearing long shorts under sweatpants, so the damage was much less than it could have been, but it was fairly terrifying.

Pretty sure I posted about it on here.

Fairplay
02-05-2011, 01:20 AM
The times i have seen where a dog could attack i would yell at it and wave a stick at it. It would back off alright. You just can't show them you are scared even though you might be thinking to yourself **** me!

I think i learned that from my dad.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I'd like to see a dog strapped into the backseat of an old Lincoln Continental and driven with the top down along Dealey Plaza. I'd have a team, one up in the School Book depository, one up on the bridge ahead, and one in the grassy knoll. Triangulation. That's the key! it would be like a turkey shoot. All 3 blasting away and I'd laugh as the dogs head was blasted apart. BACK. And to the left. BACK. And to the left. BACK. And to the left..

It's funny how most dog threads are full of hating people who hurt animals yet this thread is so full of hate for dogs. Funny !