PDA

View Full Version : Football And The Draftabulators Take One Up The Rectum

Pages : [1] 2

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 08:52 AM
DALLAS -- Top draft choice, top rookie.

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford won The Associated Press 2010 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award on Friday.

The first overall selection in last year's draft, Bradford guided the Rams from the embarrassment of a 1-15 record to a 7-9 mark. In the weak NFC West, that was good enough to contend for the division title; St. Louis lost out on a tiebreaker to Seattle.

"I think the more I'm out there, the more comfortable I become," Bradford said. "It's been like that all year. There's been some ups, there's been some downs, but I feel like for the most part I've learned from my mistakes each week. I think the game's stating to slow down a little bit, but I really still have a long way to go before I'm as comfortable as I want to be."

The voters certainly were comfortable with Bradford's passing and leadership.

He earned 44 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. Only two other rookies received votes: Tampa Bay wide receiver Mike Williams earned four, and Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey had two.

Bradford is the fourth quarterback since 2004 to win the award. Before that, no quarterbacks had won it.

"If you asked me before the season, I probably wouldn't have said that we would have thrown the ball as much," Bradford said. "As a quarterback, you love to throw the football. So the fact that our coaching staff feels comfortable with the ball in my hands just gives me confidence. It makes me feel very good about going out there on Sundays."

Health was one of the major questions about Bradford when he came out of college.

He won the 2008 Heisman Trophy as a redshirt sophomore, when the Sooners lost to Florida for the national championship, then decided to stay at Oklahoma another season. It was cut short by an early shoulder injury and he barely played in 2009. Still, Bradford so impressed pro scouts in postseason workouts that he was a consensus No. 1 pick.

The questions about his durability remained, and he answered them by taking every snap this season. He threw 590 passes, completing 60 percent for 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

"I take a lot in that, especially coming off the shoulder injury last year and knowing that there were a lot of questions about my durability, about my ability to take hits in this league," Bradford said. "So the fact that I've been able to take every snap with this offense, I do take a lot of pride in that."

Bradford became the starter in training camp and never looked over that shoulder. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur placed their faith in him, and he came through like, well, a rookie of the year.

It didn't begin well -- Bradford threw three interceptions and was sacked twice in a 17-13 loss to Arizona. But he began to hit his stride in midseason, at one point going four straight games and five of six without being picked off.

His best performances came in a 36-33 win over Denver, when he had three TD passes and a season-best 308 yards through the air, and in a 20-10 win over Carolina that featured 25-of-32 passing and two touchdowns.

"He's obviously extremely talented, and I think he works his fanny off to make sure that he does the right things and masters the game plan," said Shurmur, now the head coach in Cleveland. "So to say I would be surprised, I would say no.

"To be thankful that he is what he is, I would say yes."

Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger was the first quarterback to win Offensive Rookie of the Year, in 2004, followed by Tennessee's Vince Young in 2006 and Atlanta's Matt Ryan in 2008.

Williams, a fourth-round pick (101 overall) from Syracuse, had 65 catches for 964 yards and 11 touchdowns this season. Pouncey, the rare offensive lineman to collect votes, was a standout in helping the Steelers win the AFC North title.

KurtCobain
02-05-2011, 08:59 AM
He does have one hellova fanny.

|Zach|
02-05-2011, 09:09 AM
I didn't think this group had a problem with Bradford at #1 but I could be misremembering things seeing as how I can't even find my own car keys this morning.

-King-
02-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I didn't think this group had a problem with Bradford at #1 but I could be misremembering things seeing as how I can't even find my own car keys this morning.

Clausen was obviously much more suited to be #1 than Bradford....

Rams Fan
02-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I luv Sam. No homo.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:22 AM

Most did. It got so bad that I challenged Hamas to a loser leaves town bet on who would have the better rookie QB rating between Bradford and Sanchez but I guess he likes this place too much and wouldn't take it.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:23 AM

I was on the Clausen band wagon at #5 so I'm not going to bash that too much, but it was obvious Bradford was the guy in that draft at QB.

Rams Fan
02-05-2011, 09:29 AM
I was on the Clausen band wagon at #5 so I'm not going to bash that too much, but it was obvious Bradford was the guy in that draft at QB.

Clausen may end up being the #3 or #4 QB in this draft(behind McCoy and maybe Tebow).

keg in kc
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I was wary, but it was because he missed basically the entire season with an injury. The spread offense thing is always a concern, but it wouldn't have kept me from drafting him.

DeezNutz
02-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Yet another unity thread.

Rams Fan
02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
The one thing I still wonder about is what if Suh was on the Rams and the Rams drafted McCoy or Clausen? Wouldn't be the same, but Suh could have made the Rams DL scary.

keg in kc
02-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Yet another unity thread.It's all your fault. Didn't you know that?

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Clausen may end up being the #3 or #4 QB in this draft(behind McCoy and maybe Tebow).

Yeah, I just want them to take a QB in the 1st 2 rounds preferably 1st. I'm not too picky who anymore, just take SOMEONE graded out that high dammit and if it fails do it again.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:44 AM
The one thing I still wonder about is what if Suh was on the Rams and the Rams drafted McCoy or Clausen? Wouldn't be the same, but Suh could have made the Rams DL scary.

Franchise QB > Franchise DT

and before Saccapoop post

Franchise QB > Franchise LT, G or C

Rams Fan
02-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Franchise QB > Franchise DT

and before Saccapoop post

Franchise QB > Franchise LT, G or C

The Rams have two very good(and might be two franchise) tackles on the team right now. Saffold was amazing last year at LT and Smith had a good year at RT.

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I was on the Clausen band wagon at #5 so I'm not going to bash that too much, but it was obvious Bradford was the guy in that draft at QB.Why? Clausen would have been a disaster at 5.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:50 AM
The Rams have two very good(and might be two franchise) tackles on the team right now. Saffold was amazing last year at LT and Smith had a good year at RT.

Yeah, that was for Saccopoop. The Rams are actually probably better set for success in the future then the Chiefs are. They really need to get back to having that team speed again. Jackson is about to fall of the cliff and needs to be replaced and they needs some weapons on the outside that can get open.

The defense isn't too bad already especially at home. Rams are my #2 team now since they

A. Have Bradford (I'm on OU fan)
B. Are in Missouri.

I'm on the bandwagon with you buddy.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Why? Clausen would have been a disaster at 5.

I thought different at the time for several reasons.. It's early still, but in hindsight I was probably wrong.

The Franchise
02-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah....fuck those guys for having an opinion. :rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah....**** those guys for having an opinion. :rolleyes:

You can have an opinion without calling everyone else a stupid muther ****er for having one different then you. Then when you do that and you are wrong it kind of comes back and bites you in the ass. Besides they don't give opinions they believe they are giving predestined facts and present them as such.

|Zach|
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Totally forgot about that dude.

KurtCobain
02-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Anybody who has an opinion should be shot.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Anybody who has an opinion should be shot.

See post 20.

Okie_Apparition
02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Each and every Draftabulator has more rep than you. Plus far, far more 100 post threads. You're worthless and should be ignored.

|Zach|
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Each and every Draftabulator has more rep than you. Plus far, far more 100 post threads. You're worthless and should be ignored.

lol.

Hydrae
02-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Skip?

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 10:30 AM

There is a reason this maybe from the most popular post in Chiefs Planet history.

http://www.xtranormal.com/profile/2501955/

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Skip?

LMAO

Deberg_1990
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Amazing how NFL executives and Scouts seem to know more than the people on this board.

The Franchise
02-05-2011, 11:24 AM
You can have an opinion without calling everyone else a stupid muther ****er for having one different then you. Then when you do that and you are wrong it kind of comes back and bites you in the ass. Besides they don't give opinions they believe they are giving predestined facts and present them as such.

:rolleyes:

Hydrae
02-05-2011, 11:25 AM
There is a reason this maybe from the most popular post in Chiefs Planet history.

http://www.xtranormal.com/profile/2501955/

ROFL

I had not seen that before. I am going to have to give Fax rep for that!

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
ROFL

I had not seen that before. I am going to have to give Fax rep for that!

It should probably be a sticky.

FringeNC
02-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Colt McCoy looked good, too, I thought. Jimmy Clausen did not. It's much too earlier to judge any of these guys, but the idea that college spread QBs are apt to fail in an NFL offense seems less plausible now. Fact is, most college QBs fail in the NFL, regardless of the college offense they ran.

It seems about the only thing we know for sure is that a QB with very bad intangibles, like JaMarcus Russell, should never be drafted early, despite a "thumbs up" from Mecca.

Chiefnj2
02-05-2011, 02:35 PM

WHich mult are you?

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Colt McCoy looked good, too, I thought. Jimmy Clausen did not. It's much too earlier to judge any of these guys, but the idea that college spread QBs are apt to fail in an NFL offense seems less plausible now. Fact is, most college QBs fail in the NFL, regardless of the college offense they ran.

It seems about the only thing we know for sure is that a QB with very bad intangibles, like JaMarcus Russell, should never be drafted early, despite a "thumbs up" from Mecca.

I went back and looked at the last 7 or 8 drafts when shotgun/spread attacks starting gaining popularity. 1st round QB's from spread/shotgun systems are much more likely to be successful then 1st round QB's taken from other offensive systems. The hit/bust ratio is much more in favor of taking the spread QB if he already has a 1st round grade.

stevieray
02-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah....**** those guys for having an opinion. :rolleyes:

IIRC....weren't you guys gonna paint Clausen's name on your chests whilst @ Arrowhead?

that would've been pretty funny.

KurtCobain
02-05-2011, 03:05 PM
IIRC....weren't you guys gonna paint Clausen's name on your chests whilst @ Arrowhead?

Who says he wouldn't have looked better under Weiss? He could've easily given a rookie year illusion to being something had he played here.

Saccopoo
02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
It should probably be a sticky.

At least in the Draft Planet section.

stevieray
02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Who says he wouldn't have looked better under Weiss? He could've easily given a rookie year illusion to being something had he played here.

:spock:

Saccopoo
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Who says he wouldn't have looked better under Weiss?

Me, for one.

The dream of having Weis coach a quarterback that played under him in college doesn't translate to the pros. The guy simply doesn't have the footwork/athleticism combined with average height, small hand size and lack of arm strength to make it as a starter in the NFL in todays game, which to the possible amazement of some, has transitioned itself into a more open, optionish type of offensive game that tends to emulate the success of the "spread" offense in the college game.

However, because a lot of people "in the know" have used that "he played in a pro style set so he's more ready to play in the pros" schtick, it has trickled down into the drafturbator street lingo without an understanding of the actual players, the development of the NFL game, etc. It was an easy way to pick a quarterback without putting too much thought into it. e.g.: "Shit! The dude played for USC! They ran a "pro style" offense! He's got to be the best quarterback in the draft!"

(Sub-considerations were that a guy played for a former pro coach running a pro style set at a big name school, which only recruited the best of the best of the best in terms of high school talent. A rival four star guy going to a name program would immediately add drafturbator street cred to that player four or five years later when they had a chance at the pros, irregardless of the fact that maybe, just maybe, the guy capped himself out in high school and some guys actually continued to get bigger and stronger and better as they matured. It's like the bully in eighth grade who simply matured four years earlier than everyone else.)

Just because he played for Weis doesn't mean that he was going to be an All-Pro as a Chief while Weis was coaching here. Unfortunately, a lot of people around here thought that very thing and was the single biggest determining factor in their love/idolatry of Jimmy Clausen prior to the 2010 draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2011, 09:00 AM

I severely underestimated him. Badly. Remember the Llama?

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/TheLlama.png

Yep, my FAIL.

Oh, how I would LOVE to be "Llamafied" or some such thing instead of being Cassholed.

I will rejoice and have my soul freed the day Shat Cassholi leaves this team and town.

|Zach|
02-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I will rejoice and have my soul freed the day Shat Cassholi leaves this team and town.

He will play just fine next year and you will be back on the bandwagon. Don't worry we all know the kind of guy you are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
He will play just fine next year and you will be back on the bandwagon. Don't worry we all know the kind of guy you are.

1) No, you really don't.

2) He will play "just fine" enough to fill a uni he didn't ever earn.

Keys to the car, without a license.

TheGuardian
02-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Truer words have never been spoken.

Pestilence should also get off their dicks.

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Bradford looked good for about 3 quarters against the Bucs.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Who wouldn't want to wear a Carolina Panther backup QB jersey to the Chiefs home opener on MNF ROFL Hell, there might be a few with custom Chiefs jerseys with Sanchize me on the back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Bradford looked good for about 3 quarters against the Bucs.

He looked bad against a Chiefs D, but he would look great in a Chiefs uni compared to Cassholi, even if he were allowed to come across the bench and join the Chiefs on the fly during that very game, yes...

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 09:23 AM
He looked bad against a Chiefs D, but he would look great in a Chiefs uni compared to Cassholi, even if he were allowed to come across the bench and join the Chiefs on the fly during that very game, yes...

I wasn't sure the point of his post since evern Brady put up a 69 QB rating one game. You can always cherry pick stats like that, but sure give me Bradford on this team in a heartbeat.

It kind of makes you wonder if we could have moved up to get him offering our first 3 picks which turned into Berry, McCluster, and Arenas. I love Berry, but I make that trade in a heart beat if the Rams would have taken it and I bet they would have.

milkman
02-06-2011, 09:43 AM

You know, when I said that I didn't really like Matt Ryan in that draft, not a single drafturbator attacked me for that opinion.

When I said that I thought that Sam Bradford could be a very good QB in the right system with good coaching, not a single drafturbator attacked me for that opinion.

When I said I didn't like Jimmy Clausen, not a single drafturbator attcked me for that opinion.

When I said, however, that I really liked Matt Stafford and wanted badly to have a chance to draft him, I was attacked for that opinion by the people who always bitch that drafturbators attack them for thir opinions.

When I said that I really liked Mark Sanchez, I was attacked for that opinion by those same people.

This perception that drafturbators are the instigators is pure unadulterated bullshit.

Amazing how NFL executives and Scouts seem to know more than the people on this board.

Yeah, cause JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, David Carr, David Klingler, etc, etc, etc....give us all the evidence that we need taht they always get it right.

TheGuardian
02-06-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL

Ok Milk.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 09:58 AM
This perception that drafturbators are the instigators is pure unadulterated bullshit.

You've been on here long enough to know that's not true. I was called every name under the sun for stating Sam Bradford would turn out to be a great QB in the draft planet forums. I got so fed up with it I gave Hamas the option of a bet that the loser leaves depending on who has the better statistical rookie year Bradford or his boy Sanchez. Of course he didn't take it and I wouldn't have been quite as nice as Doomy was with ROR.

milkman
02-06-2011, 10:01 AM
You've been on here long enough to know that's not true. I was called every name under the sun for stating Sam Bradford would turn out to be a great QB in the draft planet forums. I got so fed up with it I gave Hamas the option of a bet that the loser leaves depending on who has the better statistical rookie year Bradford or his boy Sanchez. Of course he didn't take it and I wouldn't have been quite as nice as Doomy was with ROR.

I am simply telling you that it is not all on the drafturbators.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I am simply telling you that it is not all on the drafturbators.

Not all, probably 90%.

milkman
02-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Not all, probably 90%.

That's just ridiculous.

Okie_Apparition
02-06-2011, 10:13 AM
You have the rep bar of a young bull. Damn varicose veins are holding me back from a victory lap on your face.

Bugeater
02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Besides they don't give opinions they believe they are giving predestined facts and present them as such.
Hmmm....isn't that exactly what you did right here?
I was called every name under the sun for stating Sam Bradford would turn out to be a great QB in the draft planet forums.

Marcellus
02-06-2011, 10:20 AM
That's just ridiculous.

It's bad on both sides now.

Supposedly the story goes that a few years ago posters like yourself got tired of the dumbasses and started getting testier with them.

Dane and Hamas went complete asshole and took others with them.

Non-draftobators responded in kind creating a board that has more ******** than actual words.

After being wrong for the most part on how the season was going to play out draftobators went quiet and non-draftobators went overboard being smug about it.

The season crashed to an end, draftobators show back up regularly and now you can't have a single conversation about anything without the same old shit going round and round.

It's not just the draftobators right now, it's both sides making this place a bore.

Ebolapox
02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
holy fuck, skip's back.

milkman
02-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Supposedly the story goes that a few years ago posters like yourself got tired of the dumbasses and started getting testier with them.

Non-draftobators responded in kind creating a board that has more ******** than actual words.

After being wrong for the most part on how the season was going to play out draftobators went quiet and non-draftobators went overboard being smug about it.

The season crashed to an end, draftobators show back up regularly and now you can't have a single conversation about anything without the same old shit going round and round.

It's not just the draftobators right now, it's both sides making this place a bore.

No, the story is that I never called anyone names, trying to actually debate civilly, but got fed up with being called names by the dumbasses and eventually responded in kind.

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 10:30 AM
holy ****, skip's back.

He is? Where?

Marcellus
02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
No, the story is that I never called anyone names, trying to actually debate civilly, but got fed up with being called names by the dumbasses and eventually responded in kind.

I wasn't calling you out as an instigator in any of it.

Others however have fueled the fire.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
You have the rep bar of a young bull. Damn varicose veins are holding me back from a victory lap on your face.

I think it would help if they also treated everyone else the way the treat each other. For example I saw a post ther other day where Dane disagreed with Hamas and it went something like this

"While you know I respect your vast superior football intellect I disagree in this situation..."

anyone else with that same opinion but a "DUB" then it's

"You need to stick your face in that big bag of dog shit you are holding in that pic you moron".

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Same story here and probably with many others.

Dave Lane
02-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree its time to let the draftabulator stuff go. The real problem with them was they presented themselves as so certain that any other voice had to be shouted down. I took my share of abuse, but really it doesn't matter, it makes no difference to me if I was right or wrong in the end, what should matter is having some fun speculating of possible directions for the Chiefs. The draftabulators really made it not fun to have a different opinion. For that reason many people held a grudge.

I think this season was great in that maybe we can realize that no one has a better idea than anyone else, some of it is just luck and intangibles that are impossible even for people paid 100's of thousands a year to discern.

milkman
02-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I wasn't calling you out as an instigator in any of it.

Others however have fueled the fire.

The point is, and the reality is, that there are instigators on both sides.

For anyone to suggest that it's all one side or the other, or even that the majority is on one side of the other, is biased.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Hmmm....isn't that exactly what you did right here?

No, I typically just state my opinions and present them as such with the chance that I might be wrong. I stated all the positives and negatives about Bradford and said the negatives aren't a concern and he will be fine. Even the positives coming in about Bradford for shit upon by most of the DB. I think someone else coined the phrase they would shit on a gold brick if given the opportunity.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:39 AM

For anyone to suggest that it's all one side or the other, or even that the majority is on one side of the other, is biased.

I disagree and I value all opinions here as it's been proven everyone is right and wrong some of the time. If someone wants to act like a Dick though just be prepared to be treated as you are one and don't get mad or defensive about it.

I have no beef with you and value your opinion as well especially when it comes to our line. You and Saccapoop do a great job of breaking it down even though I disagree at times with those assesments.

milkman
02-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I disagree and I value all opinions here as it's been proven everyone is right and wrong some of the time. If someone wants to act like a Dick though just be prepared to be treated as you are one and don't get mad or defensive about it.

I have no beef with you and value your opinion as well especially when it comes to our line. You and Saccapoop do a great job of breaking it down.

We'll just have to disagree.

But you and I can agree to discuss opinions without the hate.

keg in kc

For anyone to suggest that it's all one side or the other, or even that the majority is on one side of the other, is biased.Since mecca's disappeared, I'd say it's the, ah, I don't know what you call them, true fans who're being the douchebags. Threads like this one are just sad. It comes off like a really insecure guy looking for approval from the cool kids.

Not that we didn't see the same kind of thing the other way when the Jets were winning playoff games. But there seem to be a lot of guys here who're butthurt over meaningless crap from months and years ago.

Let it go, people.

FAX

Are you calling me biased?

FAX

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
We'll just have to disagree.

But you and I can agree to discuss opinions without the hate.

As should everyone.

Besides this thread did wonders for building my rep status back up :)

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Are you calling me biased?

FAX

I think he is calling you Mr. Biased.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Since mecca's disappeared, I'd say it's the, ah, I don't know what you call them, true fans who're being the douchebags. Threads like this one are just sad. It comes off like a really insecure guy looking for approval from the cool kids.

Not that we didn't see the same kind of thing the other way when the Jets were winning playoff games. But there seem to be a lot of guys here who're butthurt over meaningless crap from months and years ago.

Let it go, people.

Please go read the DP threads and tell me who is the douche bag in those.

The problem is they won't ever change their posting style so it's just going to continue.

FAX
02-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I agree its time to let the draftabulator stuff go. The real problem with them was they presented themselves as so certain that any other voice had to be shouted down. I took my share of abuse, but really it doesn't matter, it makes no difference to me if I was right or wrong in the end, what should matter is having some fun speculating of possible directions for the Chiefs. The draftabulators really made it not fun to have a different opinion. For that reason many people held a grudge.

I think this season was great in that maybe we can realize that no one has a better idea than anyone else, some of it is just luck and intangibles that are impossible even for people paid 100's of thousands a year to discern.

This, right here, is a darn good post deal. And pretty accurate, in my view.

I don't think the "draftabulator" (or whatever) thing will go away any more than the "true fan" deal will, though. Unfortunately.

Besides, Mr. milkman is biased as all get out. I did a post search on the term, "suck rancid dog ball sweat" and the results were about 87% draftabulator.

FAX

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 10:47 AM

I was wrong and admitted it. Fuck. Why in the hell do I have to continue taking abuse?

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM

Except for the simple fact that I praised the 2010 draft on draft day and beyond.

You and others have wrongfully accused me of hating it, so I've had to dig up the thread on multiple occasions to prove otherwise, which is quite fucking annoying to be honest. Get your shit straight or shut the fuck up.

The bottom line is that this "drafturbator" tag is fucking bullshit. Every that participates in the draft forum or speaks about the draft in the main forum has a different opinion. There is no "group think".

And the only person that is continually negative about every move the Chiefs have ever made is Mecca. The guy has good knowledge of college players and their abilities, but he's never happy with the Chiefs drafts.

keg in kc
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM

The problem is they won't ever change their posting style so it's just going to continue.So you're going to try to out-douchebag them with threads like this? It's really sad, man.

You're letting them get under your skin. Don't. Stop taking stuff personally. Talk the draft and don't get pulled into the stupid shit. If you're a victim, it's because you've made yourself one.

Bugeater
02-06-2011, 10:51 AM

The problem is they won't ever change their posting style so it's just going to continue.
Then don't fucking go to DraftPlanet. Pretty goddamn simple.

This is as bad as people bringing their DC butthurt into The Lounge.

Marcellus
02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Except for the simple fact that I praised the 2010 draft.

You and others have wrongfully accused me of hating it, so I've had to dig up the thread on multiple occasions to prove otherwise.

The bottom line is that this "drafturbator" tag is ****ing bullshit. Every that participates in the draft forum or speaks about the draft in the main forum has a different opinion. There is no "group think".

And the only person that is continually negative about every move the Chiefs have ever made is Mecca. The guy has good knowledge of college players and their abilities, but he's never happy with the Chiefs drafts.

This all started several years ago not just this season. The place has trended more negative for some time. It's not just one factions fault either.

The draftabulator tag is no worse than the true fan tag.

Reerun_KC
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I was wrong and admitted it. ****. Why in the hell do I have to continue taking abuse?

You were not a draftabulator... So need to fall on the sword for them...

There were only four original ones and you were not one of the four...

Reerun_KC
02-06-2011, 10:54 AM
This all started several years ago not just this season. The place has trended more negative for some time. It's not just one factions fault either.

Alot of truth to this sentence here...

FAX
02-06-2011, 10:54 AM
What amazes me is that people take things so darn seriously all the time.

Take the lowly asterisk, for example (*). It's a star. Like the ones in the heavens that twinkle at night and fill our souls with awe and wonder. However, when employed by a draftabulator, it becomes an insult and a demonic sign of hellish proportions ...

... on second thought ... maybe draftabulators are evil, after all.

FAX

Reerun_KC
02-06-2011, 10:55 AM
What amazes me is that people take things so darn seriously all the time.

Take the lowly asterisk, for example (*). It's a star. Like the ones in the heavens that twinkle at night and fill our souls with awe and wonder. However, when employed by a draftabulator, it becomes an insult and a demonic sign of hellish proportions ...

... on second thought ... maybe draftabulators are evil, after all.

FAX

Wait, this isnt real?

oh man....:doh!:

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 10:56 AM

First off, I don't call everyone that disagrees with me a "True Fan".

The reason this "place" has been negative is due to the fact that the Chiefs sucked for three straight seasons. People tend to be negative when their team of choice sucks ass.

Furthermore, I rarely, if ever, have a problem with the "older" members. You know, guys that came over in 2000. Guys that I've been chatting with for the better part of 15 years.

It's the n00bs and the people that don't post very often that take issue with "negativity" because they see the Chiefs through "rose colored glasses". And quite honestly, this isn't the place for them to post.

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 10:57 AM
WTF is a draftabulator?

Bugeater
02-06-2011, 10:58 AM
WTF is a draftabulator?
They're the smartest motherfuckers on the planet.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I think this got turned into more then what was intended I guess. It was simply a reminder that "Hey you stupid ass muther fucker you don't know every god damn thing there is when it comes to football so quit acting like it and shitting on other opinions different from yours". Nothing more.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
You were not a draftabulator... So need to fall on the sword for them...

There were only four original ones and you were not one of the four...

This is fucking dumb and clearly part of the reason this shit has gotten out of control.

|Zach|
I think this got turned into more then what was intended I guess. It was simply a reminder that "Hey you stupid ass muther ****er you don't know every god damn thing there is when it comes to football so quit acting like it and shitting on other opinions different from yours". Nothing more.

Let it go.

Al Bundy
They're the smartest mother****ers on the planet.

Seriously... wtf is a draftabulator?

FAX
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I remember this one time when some friend of Mr. Phobia's was being a total asswipe to me on here. He started being a dick and so I countered with limericks questioning his sexual orientation and the size of his assumed penis - some pretty darn good ones, too, if I do say so myself. That's when he started rounding up his "friends" to start bashing me about. I guess that was because he was personally either out of ammo or brain cells.

Anyhow, it eventually got so bad that I took an hiatus. After several months, I finally realized that this is just a message board and that, if I ever saw that guy in person, I'd bash him right in the noggin with a 2X4.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
It was simply a reminder that "Hey you stupid ass muther fucker you don't know every god damn thing there is when it comes to football so quit acting like it and shitting on other opinions different from yours".

Nothing more.

LMAO

Yeah right. This had nothing to do with digging up an old thread in order to through an opinion in someone's face.

You're a shitty actor.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 11:01 AM
LMAO

Yeah right. This had nothing to do with digging up an old thread in order to through an opinion in someone's face.

Isn't that what I just said?

Bugeater
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6559885/

Bugeater
02-06-2011, 11:03 AM
LMAO

You're a shitty actor.
I'm pretty sure it was jAZ that dug up that old Bradford thread. Same deal though.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM

It's someone that follow college football, is interested in the Senior Bowl, the Shrine Bowl, the Texas vs. USA bowl and participates in mock draft.

It's an "insult" from people that participate in none of the above.

Okie_Apparition
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
You all smell like you sound and the manure and roses are fighting to overpower each other. At least the green ass liberals are happy.

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 11:11 AM
It's someone that follow college football, is interested in the Senior Bowl, the Shrine Bowl, the Texas vs. USA bowl and participates in mock draft.

Ohh shit.. I'm one!!!!!

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Ohh shit.. I'm one!!!!!

Damn, I just started a thread about me taking one up the rectum to.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Isn't that what I just said?

What you should have said is "I'm a fucking attention whore that wants rep, so I'm bringing up old threads in order to show that people on a football forum were wrong about a player. Give me some rep!".

Go fuck yourself, Dickbag. You're the worst kind of forum member.

Brock
02-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Everybody here has been wrong. A lot.

BigCatDaddy
02-06-2011, 11:21 AM
What you should have said is "I'm a ****ing attention whore that wants rep, so I'm bringing up old threads in order to show that people on a football forum were wrong about a player. Give me some rep!".

Go **** yourself, Dickbag. You're the worst kind of forum member.

LMAO

And people wonder why this hatchet never gets buried.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 11:22 AM
LMAO

And people wonder why this hatch never gets buried.

Fuck off.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:36 AM

wrong wrong wrong wrong

I came up with the word, I know why I used it. None of these are the reasons.

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 11:37 AM
wrong wrong wrong wrong

Well then wtf does it mean?

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
a drafturbator, for example, is someone who called the Willie Roaf trade a fail because we gave up a 4th rounder and didn't get any playoff wins in return...

that's right

a 4th rounder

for 4 years of all-pro LT play...

|Zach|
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
wrong wrong wrong wrong

I thought the original word was Draftubator.

Reerun_KC
02-06-2011, 11:40 AM

Wait no its not...

I follow all of those, and watch most of those... And I am not a draftabulator...

And I love reading and following the guys that get paid to put out draft mocks...

But that really has nothing to do with it...

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Well then wtf does it mean?

It's a way of some posters to verbalize their insecurities.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
a drafturbator is someone who OVERVALUES the draft to an absolute extreme...

a drafturbator is someone who complains about trading a future 7th round pick to trade back into the draft and take Jake O'Connell when the success rates of 7th round picks are liking trying to guess a number 1-100 and getting it right in 1 try...

a drafturbator is someone who thinks every draft pick should strike gold...even though the success rate of even top 10 picks overall is 50/50 (at best)...

basically...we're seeing the drafturbators come out once again (who would have guessed it??) even after a division title in a season where no one expected us to finish higher than 2nd (and that was being generous)...

FORTUNATELY we got rid of Mecca and OTWP only makes an occasional appearance...ChiefsCountry was so wrong about everything he's pretty much backed off...

so we're down to Hamas and Dane and a few of their leeches...so this offseason should be more pleasant but I'll give them some credit for trying to repeat their debauchery from last year...I almost feel bad that they are the ones that have to try and swat away ROR...that dude wants nothing more than for Hamas to posrep him and tell him nice things...I bet ROR would take a bullet for Hamas if it meant Hamas acknowledged him a few times on this board.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I thought the original word was Draftubator.

drafturbator

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I guess I'm one, I complained about trading a 7th round pick for an already retired (papers filed) Jake Plummer.

DaneMcCloud
a drafturbator, for example, is someone who called the Willie Roaf trade a fail because we gave up a 4th rounder and didn't get any playoff wins in return...

that's right

a 4th rounder

for 4 years of all-pro LT play...

Oh Ricky the Pizza boy, you so funny!

The cumulative effect of trading the #12 overall pick, trading second and third round picks for a coach and another third round pick, all for people and players that would have less than 5 years of effectiveness, set this franchise back for years.

Of course, I don't expect you to understand this because most of your time is spent delivering pizzas.

Oh and by the way, the #12 pick overall in the 2001 draft if playing in the Super Bowl today.

notorious
Here we go again, grouping a bunch of people together.

:facepalm:

There is never a middle ground in CP.

milkman
02-06-2011, 11:47 AM
wrong wrong wrong wrong

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter that you coined the word, and how you intended to define it.

It has taken on an entirely different meaning.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 11:48 AM

a drafturbator is someone who complains about trading a future 7th round pick to trade back into the draft and take Jake O'Connell when the success rates of 7th round picks are liking trying to guess a number 1-100 and getting it right in 1 try...

a drafturbator is someone who thinks every draft pick should strike gold...even though the success rate of even top 10 picks overall is 50/50 (at best)...

basically...we're seeing the drafturbators come out once again (who would have guessed it??) even after a division title in a season where no one expected us to finish higher than 2nd (and that was being generous)...

FORTUNATELY we got rid of Mecca and OTWP only makes an occasional appearance...ChiefsCountry was so wrong about everything he's pretty much backed off...

so we're down to Hamas and Dane and a few of their leeches...so this offseason should be more pleasant but I'll give them some credit for trying to repeat their debauchery from last year...I almost feel bad that they are the ones that have to try and swat away ROR...that dude wants nothing more than for Hamas to posrep him and tell him nice things...I bet ROR would take a bullet for Hamas if it meant Hamas acknowledged him a few times on this board.

The only way this offseason would be "pleasant" is if you left forever.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with the ramblings of your alcohol riddled brain, which sucks for the rest of us who actually enjoy TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL on a FOOTBALL FORUM.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Wait no its not...

I follow all of those, and watch most of those... And I am not a draftabulator...

And I love reading and following the guys that get paid to put out draft mocks...

But that really has nothing to do with it...

those guys don't even follow college football as much as they say...

hamas might watch all of the Missouri games but he probably pays attention to 10-15 games (or less) for the rest of the season...

I was watching the NFL Network the same time they were and all of the analysts were going "gaga" over Bruce Campbell's athletic ability...it was the talk of the day...and all of the sudden Hamas is all over Campbell's nuts like he's the top prospect that is going to have some holy rise...

and then (I believe) Charlie Casserly comes on and starts talking about all of Campbell's flaws and Hamas plugged his ears and closed his eyes and made some sort of snide remark about how stupid Casserly was (it might have been Mayock, but for some reason I remember it was Casserly who was saying the tape doesn't lie)...

these guys have a false sense of entitlement and pretend like they aren't watching the same things that we do...Mecca and Hamas have ruined 2 draft threads in a row...

but hey...

it'll be pretty funny to watch Hamas in "defense" mode in this year's draft thread when everyone talks about all of his genious draft posts over the last few years.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh and by the way, the #12 pick overall in the 2001 draft if playing in the Super Bowl today.

Damione Lewis?

Uhm, no he's not. You're and idiot.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh Ricky the Pizza boy, you so funny!

The cumulative effect of trading the #12 overall pick, trading second and third round picks for a coach and another third round pick, all for people and players that would have less than 5 years of effectiveness, set this franchise back for years.

Of course, I don't expect you to understand this because most of your time is spent delivering pizzas.

nevermind the dumbass comment at the end...

you called the Willie Roaf trade to Kansas City a terrible trade...a disaster...a failure

4 pro bowls...

4 pro bowls out of a 4th round pick...

that's how smart you are...

lets all go to Damione Lewis' Super Bowl party! hahahaha

Hootie
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
did Dane get Damione Lewis and Ryan Pickett mixed up!?!?!? Awwww...that's cute.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2011, 11:59 AM

We care for and love our team in our own, future-sensing, "PLEASE build this team according to PROVEN-methods" way, yes...

ah-HA!

This whole rep-shenanigans-bullshit was laid-out to bring YOU home.

Well, okay. But know this:

I, DCS/ROR have wielded enough rep prior to your "homecoming" to knock a n00b 22 thousand feet below the depths of the sea.

In one shot.

Welcome back, Beaker.

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 11:59 AM
did Dane get Damione Lewis and Ryan Pickett mixed up!?!?!? Awwww...that's cute.

I would have mixed it up, too. None of the 3 1st round picks that the Rams had in 2001 are on the team anymore and the two of them left after 2005.:banghead:Damn you, Zygmunt.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
nevermind the dumbass comment at the end...

you called the Willie Roaf trade to Kansas City a terrible trade...a disaster...a failure

4 pro bowls...

4 pro bowls out of a 4th round pick...

that's how smart you are...

lets all go to Damione Lewis' Super Bowl party! hahahaha

Third round pick

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I would have mixed it up, too. None of the 3 1st round picks that the Rams had in 2001 are on the team anymore and the two of them left after 2005.:banghead:Damn you, Zygmunt.

it's just hilarious to me that Dane tried to use our #12 pick (Damione Lewis) against me as some sort of *great* point...

even if it were Ryan Pickett at #12 whoopdeefuckingdoo...

I'd take our 85 games or so from Green over 15 years of Ryan fucking Pickett ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Yeah...keep thinking that.

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM
it's just hilarious to me that Dane tried to use our #12 pick (Damione Lewis) against me as some sort of *great* point...

even if it were Ryan Pickett at #12 whoopdee****ingdoo...

I'd take our 85 games or so from Green over 15 years of Ryan ****ing Pickett ROFL

Stop reminding me of the old regime. They couldn't draft for shit. The longest tenured Ram is from the 2002 and he's the ****ing LS.:shake:

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM

even if it were Ryan Pickett at #12 whoopdeefuckingdoo...

I'd take our 85 games or so from Green over 15 years of Ryan fucking Pickett ROFL

Yeah, great. Trent Green has three decent seasons, Lewis is still in the league.

Yeah, that's GREAT value for the #12 overall pick, Jackass.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Third round pick

oh yeah

I forgot that Willie Roaf was all-pro and bumped that pick from a 4th to a 3rd

damn what a wasted pick!

that Roaf trade was a disaster!

We shoulda traded for Damione Lewis!!!

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, great. Trent Green has three decent seasons, Lewis is still in the league.

Last I heard about Lewis was that he came into St. Louis for a FA visit early in the season. I don't know if he signed with anyone.

DaneMcCloud
oh yeah

I forgot that Willie Roaf was all-pro and bumped that pick from a 4th to a 3rd

damn what a wasted pick!

that Roaf trade was a disaster!

We shoulda traded for Damione Lewis!!!

Yeah, that was the argument.

What time does your shift start today, Pizza Boy?

doomy3

You'd rather have a career of Damione Lewis over what we got with Trent Green?

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM

even if it were Ryan Pickett at #12 whoopdee****ingdoo...

I'd take our 85 games or so from Green over 15 years of Ryan ****ing Pickett ROFL

The question would be, however, would you rather have the 85 games from Green, or to have taken a shot at Drew Brees in the draft, who has been reported as the target of that pick if the Chiefs were unable to get a deal done for Green.

doomy3
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
The question would be, however, would you rather have the 85 games from Green, or to have taken a shot at Drew Brees in the draft, who has been reported as the target of that pick if the Chiefs were unable to get a deal done for Green.

That's the easiest question in history, assuming there is validity to those rumors.

Hootie

hahahahahahahaha

should I go post the top 15 picks for the last decade again???

hahahahahahahaha

The value we got for Green was good value for the #12 overall...

it wasn't GREAT...but it was definitely good...and was a pick well spent.

but we wouldn't expect you to understand that...you think trading Roaf for a provisional 4th round pick (turned into a 3rd) for 4 years of all-pro LT play was a failure...

you're the ultimate drafturbator

suggesting 10 years of Damione Lewis at #12 is more valuable than 5 years of Trent Green at #12

probably the dumbest thing I've ever read

FAX

Simmah!

Don't go start talkin' football, Mr. milkman. We're in the middle of a friggin' meltdown, here.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
You'd rather have a career of Damione Lewis over what we got with Trent Green?

I'd have RATHER had Drew Brees and stated so at the time (which is searchable).

With that said, the entire Vermiel regime set this franchise back for 5 years, if not longer. They traded away the #12 overall pick for a guy that had three good years, traded a 2nd & 3rd for Vermeil and traded another 3rd for Roaf, who played well for 3.5 years.

The point about Lewis is that he's still in the league. And if the Chiefs HAD drafted Lewis, maybe they would have gone a different direction in 2002 instead of reaching for Sims.

It's a domino effect that has continued for a decade.

Rams Fan
hahahahahahahaha

should I go post the top 15 picks for the last decade again???

hahahahahahahaha

The value we got for Green was good value for the #12 overall...

it wasn't GREAT...but it was definitely good...and was a pick well spent.

but we wouldn't expect you to understand that...you think trading Roaf for a provisional 4th round pick (turned into a 3rd) for 4 years of all-pro LT play was a failure...

you're the ultimate drafturbator

suggesting 10 years of Damione Lewis at #12 is more valuable than 5 years of Trent Green at #12

probably the dumbest thing I've ever read

Do you know who was picked after Lewis? Marcus ****ing Stroud and 6 picks later, Steve Hutchinson.

FAX
If you guys don't mind, I would like to make one minor clarification.

Mr. Raised On Rats is not what one could consider a "draftabulator". He is more akin to the evil tick which affixes itself to one's shaven nutsack.

FAX

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM

I don't know milkman...Vermeil chose Green and Green went on to lead great offenses in Kansas City...

CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT makes this an obvious question...

all I know is Brees was so bad in San Diego they drafted Eli...andun then got a measly compensation pick for him when it was all said and done...

you never know how Brees would have turned out in KC...with the supporting cast we had...well I think we'd probably have a franchise QB right about now...but that's not the debate right now

according to Dane we should be upset because the #12 pick Damione Lewis is playing in today's Super Bowl!!!!!

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I love how the Rams had 3 1st round picks in 2001 and the picks before or after them went to the Pro Bowl while none of the Rams 1st round picks in 2001 have been to the Pro Bowl. :facepalm:

FAX

With that said, the entire Vermiel regime set this franchise back for 5 years, if not longer. They traded away the #12 overall pick for a guy that had three good years, traded a 2nd & 3rd for Vermeil and traded another 3rd for Roaf, who played well for 3.5 years.

The point about Lewis is that he's still in the league. And if the Chiefs HAD drafted Lewis, maybe they would have gone a different direction in 2002 instead of reaching for Sims.

Much truth here.

However, let's think about it this way for a moment. Uncle Dick was brought in by Carl to win the Super Bowl. He was about ... 100 years old when he was hired. Uncle Dick did what he thought best given the mission he was given and the timeframe he had.

Therefore, all that crap is on Carl.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
I don't know milkman...Vermeil chose Green and Green went on to lead great offenses in Kansas City...

CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT makes this an obvious question...

all I know is Brees was so bad in San Diego they drafted Eli...andun then got a measly compensation pick for him when it was all said and done...

you never know how Brees would have turned out in KC...with the supporting cast we had...well I think we'd probably have a franchise QB right about now...but that's not the debate right now

according to Dane we should be upset because the #12 pick Damione Lewis is playing in today's Super Bowl!!!!!

Hey Pizza Boy, I wanted Brees in 2001. Look it up, if you get a break from your shift today.

Hootie

IF WE STILL HAD DAMIONE LEWIS WE'D BE PLAYING IN THE SUPER BOWL TODAY JUST LIKE HE IS!

ROFL

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Hey Pizza Boy, I wanted Brees in 2001. Look it up, if you get a break from your shift today.

ok?

and then two years into his career when he got off to his San Diego start you would have cursed the "midget" QB and Vermeil/Carl and said we should have traded for Green...

I know how this game works...

I'd rather not argue right now...I'm getting pumped for the Super Bowl!

I think Damione Lewis will win the MVP.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I love how the Rams had 3 1st round picks in 2001 and the picks before or after them went to the Pro Bowl while none of the Rams 1st round picks in 2001 have been to the Pro Bowl. :facepalm:

I love how you continue to talk about the Rams all of the time and don't realize that LITERALLY none of us care. At all.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I love how you continue to talk about the Rams all of the time and don't realize that LITERALLY none of us care. At all.

Actually, no one gives a fuck about you. At least Rams Fan talks about football.

Your act is comprised of insulting those people on a football forum that want to chat about football, then go on about rep as if it doesn't matter to you (although it does).

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Why can't I talk about them in a thread that's about the damn QB of the Rams?

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Actually, no one gives a **** about you. At least Rams Fan talks about football.

Your act is comprised of insulting those people on a football forum that want to chat about football, then go on about rep as if it doesn't matter to you (although it does).

I talk football constantly...

use the search function

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
ok?

and then two years into his career when he got off to his San Diego start you would have cursed the "midget" QB and Vermeil/Carl and said we should have traded for Green...

I know how this game works...

I'd rather not argue right now...I'm getting pumped for the Super Bowl!

I think Damione Lewis will win the MVP.

Actually, you're fucking full of shit, as usual.

I watched Brees at Purdue because a close friend (and former NCAA Division I cornerback) was studying for his MBA at Purdue during Brees' final two seasons and suggest I follow him.

Furthermore, I am the LAST person to call out a young player that has the ability to succeed in the NFL and was a fan of Drew Brees. I still think that to this day, his numbers would have been equal to or surpassed Green's numbers by 2003 under Vermeil and Saunders and most likely, the Chiefs would have him on the roster today.

Nice try though, Pizza Boy.

FAX
02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Mr. Rams Fan is a tad troubling, to be honest.

I think he may be Chinese.

FAX

milkman
IF WE STILL HAD DAMIONE LEWIS WE'D BE PLAYING IN THE SUPER BOWL TODAY JUST LIKE HE IS!

ROFL

His overall point, whether you like him or, not has merit.

I have no problem with the trade for Roaf, but I hated the trade for Green and giving up picks for Dick.

I've grown tired of going after other's people's thrash when we try to fill the QB spot.

It's well past time that we grow and develop our own QB who gives us the cahnce to have an open window for more than 4 or 5 years.

Hootie

dude you've tried engaging conversation about your draft blunders of 2001 and no one has responded one time...

talk about Bradford all you want...I think he'll be great...must be nice to have an ultimate franchise QB for right into your lap...congrats

keg in kc
I hated Brees. Didn't think there was any way he'd succeed at this level.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:22 PM
I talk football constantly...

use the search function

Yeah, we're all familiar with your love of Peyton Manning and Damon Huard, your never-ending gambling and Madden stories and your peeing on your roommates while showering and watching football stories.

And, we're also familiar with your constant insults to anyone and everyone that has an opinion.

Yep, you're a valued forum member.

ROFL

milkman

Ignore him.

Rams Fan
talk about Bradford all you want...I think he'll be great...must be nice to have an ultimate franchise QB for right into your lap...congrats

For the rest of this thread, I'll only talk about Bradford, fine. Feels good to make some progress with a young QB and someone that has a lot of potential.

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I hated Brees. Didn't think there was any way he'd succeed at this level.

That's the way I felt, but if he ended up playing at the level for the Chiefs that he's playing at, I would have gotten over being wrong about him.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
His overall point, whether you like him or, not has merit.

I have no problem with the trade for Roaf, but I hated the trade for Green and giving up picks for Dick.

I've grown tired of going after other's people's thrash when we try to fill the QB spot.

It's well past time that we grow and develop our own QB who gives us the cahnce to have an open window for more than 4 or 5 years.

Oh no, Milk, please insult me because I misremembered who was taken with the #12 overall pick of the 2001 draft.

THAT'S what's REALLY important here, not the fact that the Chiefs FUCKED themselves for a decade due to all of the trades, which amounted to exactly ZERO.

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
dude you've tried engaging conversation about your draft blunders of 2001 and no one has responded one time...

The blunders included D Lewis, who is pertinent to the conversation.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Dick retired a Super Bowl champion...

I don't think giving up picks for him was a bad idea, especially at the time...

and he built a squad that was capable of being the best team in the NFL from 2003, 2004 and 2005.

It didn't work out and it did set the franchise WAY back...and captain hindsight is an easy card to play.

well we just won a division title with a young team under new direction...a team Dane predicted would start 0-6...

yet the same old bullshit is happening once again this offseason...

any wonder why???

The drafturbators.

Hootie
Yeah, we're all familiar with your love of Peyton Manning and Damon Huard, your never-ending gambling and Madden stories and your peeing on your roommates while showering and watching football stories.

And, we're also familiar with your constant insults to anyone and everyone that has an opinion.

Yep, you're a valued forum member.

ROFL

I just can't wait to watch Damione Lewis in today's Super Bowl. I voted other for MVP in that poll...I think Lewis has it today.

milkman
Stop telling people what they can and can not talk about Hootie.

He's welcome to talk about the Rams all he wants.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:27 PM

and he built a squad that was capable of being the best team in the NFL from 2003, 2004 and 2005.

It didn't work out and it did set the franchise WAY back...and captain hindsight is an easy card to play.

well we just won a division title with a young team under new direction...a team Dane predicted would start 0-6...

any wonder why???

The drafturbators.

Hindsight?

I said that it was a terrible idea when it was being discussed.

I said he would never recreate the success in KC that he had in StL.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh no, Milk, please insult me because I misremembered who was taken with the #12 overall pick of the 2001 draft.

THAT'S what's REALLY important here, not the fact that the Chiefs ****ED themselves for a decade due to all of the trades, which amounted to exactly ZERO.

uhm

I did exactly what you would do if I fucking n00bed myself the way you did...

"Roaf wasn't a good trade! and look at our #12 pick from 2001 playing in the Super Bowl today! Ryan Pickett! A rotational DL!!!!"

oh wait it was Damione Lewis...a dime a dozen DL from the day he was drafted.

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Stop telling people what they can and can not talk about Hootie.

He's welcome to talk about the Rams all he wants.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

Yeah... he's not bad for a Rams fan.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Hindsight?

I said that it was a terrible idea when it was being discussed.

I said he would never recreate the success in KC that he had in StL.

he did recreate the success though

so you were wrong

they built the best offense in the NFL

unfortunately they couldn't put a defense together

and going for the Super Bowl at all costs set the franchise back 5 years...no doubt about it...we're finally starting to recover

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:30 PM
fine..

Rams Fan continue to talk about the Rams 2001 draft and everyone will continue to ignore you...because none of us care (like I said)

but go on

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
fine..

Rams Fan continue to talk about the Rams 2001 draft and everyone will continue to ignore you...because none of us care (like I said)

but go on

Just because no one responds doesn't mean anyone's ignoring me.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:32 PM

you keep telling yourself that

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:32 PM

any wonder why???

The drafturbators.

Hindsight?

You're a fucking clueless, drunken moron.

I stated the same exact opinions of those drafts when they happened. It isn't like I woke up one day and decided to "rewrite" history.

You can make up all the shit you want but everyone knows that it's untrue.

Ricky the Pizza Boy.

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM

so you were wrong

and going for the Super Bowl at all costs set the franchise back 5 years...no doubt about it...we're finally starting to recover

He recreated the success?

Did I sleep through a SB win?

Or even an appearence?

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
you keep telling yourself that

Keep bumping threads that you think Dane and Hamas were wrong in. Whatever makes you happy....

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM

Or even an appearence?

Yeah, don't you remember?

The Pizza Boy remembers.

LMAO

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:35 PM
should I call you Dane the music man?

do you think I'm offended by your name calling?

you offend a lot of people, but you don't offend me

why don't you go into one of those threads where someone is laid off and make fun of them for not having a job...or make fun of them for having their home's repo'd...or make fun of them for being heavily in debt...or make fun of them for being bankrupt

idiot

by condescending me you're bashing half the board...I have two jobs and zero debt...I'm a productive member of society...so keep condescending me and making yourself look like an idiot in the process.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Dude, just ignore his dumb, drunken ass.

He's a shit-stirrer that's been banned more than once.

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:36 PM
The fact is, the Chiefs were every bit as mediocre, if not moreso, under Dick as they were with Marty.

Two winning seasons in 5 years, one playoff appearence and first round loss.

And you call that success?

Unbelieveable.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:38 PM

Or even an appearence?

yeah

he turned the Rams into the greatest show on turf...

and he turned the Chiefs offense into something comparable...

he recreated our offense and his system was proven to be pretty damn genius...

too bad he couldn't figure out defense...him and Carl...I mean, in all honesty...doesn't Carl deserve the blame here more than Dick?

but anyways...I'm not really that concerned about Dick Vermeil anymore...

I never even mentioned Green...we did get fair value out of our #12 for Trent Green...not great, but definitely not bad...definitely better than the Rams.

As for Roaf...that was a STEAL of a trade.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:42 PM
The fact is, the Chiefs were every bit as mediocre, if not moreso, under Dick as they were with Marty.

Two winning seasons in 5 years, one playoff appearence and first round loss.

And you call that success?

Unbelieveable.

where did I call it success?

dude was an offensive coach and he brought a Super Bowl caliber to KC...for several years...

the defense ruined it for us and he couldn't get it figured out...

so he almost got us there but could never complete the team...but it's not like we were going to do any better with Carl at the helm...

that Chiefs era is dead...discussing it now is ridiculous and I don't care anymore

I do think our 2005 team was as good as any team in the NFL...we just didn't get the bounces

Mi_chief_fan
02-06-2011, 12:43 PM

so you were wrong

I find it incredibly amazing that Greg Robinson still finds a job every year. Wolverine fans were so upset at RichRod, but seldom did I hear them complain about Robinson. Worst defense in college football last year.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:47 PM
by condescending me you're bashing half the board

By "condescending" you?

ROFL

You're a retard. And the only person I'm "bashing" is you.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:48 PM
By "condescending" you?

ROFL

You're a retard. And the only person I'm "bashing" is you.

you're bashing me for making an honest living

something a ton of people on this very board can't do right now

is that hard to comprehend?

The Franchise
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
For the rest of this thread, I'll only talk about Bradford, fine. Feels good to make some progress with a young QB and someone that has a lot of potential.

Don't let him stop you from talking about whatever you want. You bring more to this forum than he does.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Don't let him stop you from talking about whatever you want. You bring more to this forum than he does.

what do you bring to this forum?

Just curious.

100 characters or less, please.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
you're bashing me for making an honest living

something a ton of people on this very board can't do right now

is that hard to comprehend?

Go ahead and link us to examples of where I've "bashed" anyone for losing their job.

JFC, your mind works like Swiss cheese.

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
where did I call it success?

Right here.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Right here.

he recreated success...

no doubt about it

offensively

I just don't think it's his fault (entirely, or even mostly) that our defense sucked...

he was a little too loyal to a fault as well

The Franchise
02-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Just curious.

Go. Fuck. Yourself.

3 < 100

Hootie
02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Go ahead and link us to examples of where I've "bashed" anyone for losing their job.

JFC, your mind works like Swiss cheese.

it's quite simple Dane (you'd think a smart person would get this)

you are bashing what I do to make a living...

I pay my taxes, I don't rack up debt, and I live comfortably....yet you bash me for it...for no real reason (other than the fact you're insecure)

by bashing me for making a good, honest living...you're bashing half of the board who is unemployed

milkman
02-06-2011, 12:59 PM
he recreated success...

no doubt about it

offensively

I just don't think it's his fault (entirely, or even mostly) that our defense sucked...

he was a little too loyal to a fault as well

You were addressing my post.

I don't care about the fact that he put a great offense on the field if that offense doesn't win a championship.

My post was about about recreating the postseason success.

And, he didn't even actually recreate the Rams offensive success, cause that offense looked more like the Cowboys of the 90s than the Rams GSOT.

I don't give a rat's ass if you finish first on offense and defense.

What matters, what you are measured on, is the post season.

One playoff appearence and a first round exit is not success.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM
it's quite simple Dane (you'd think a smart person would get this)

you are bashing what I do to make a living...

I pay my taxes, I don't rack up debt, and I live comfortably....yet you bash me for it...for no real reason (other than the fact you're insecure)

by bashing me for making a good, honest living...you're bashing half of the board who is unemployed

LMAO

No, you just don't get it, Pizza Boy.

I'm "bashing" you because you're 25 years old, college educated but choose to live in a house with three other guys and work at a pizza joint, YET, you claim to be a "contributing member of society", "debt free", etc. It's fucking hilarious.

Way to go for it, Dude.

LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
02-06-2011, 01:01 PM

i dont think there was people touting clausen ahead of bradford

The Franchise
02-06-2011, 01:01 PM

I was......but I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong about Bradford.

milkman
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM

I believe you would be wrong.

L.A. Chieffan
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I believe you would be wrong.

well, uh ok that was dumb.

even though i still think clausen can be ok in the nfl, he wasnt nearly as ready coming out as bradford

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Go. ****. Yourself.

3 < 100

Well you kept it under 100 characters.

Okie_Apparition
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Rams fan in a Dylan mult. Josh Freeman is a fraud. Hootie needs a strope taken to his ass.

SAUTO

Kidding........

Right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
Rams fan in a Dylan mult. Josh Freeman is a fraud. Hootie needs a strope taken to his ass.

Yeah, how could I be Dylan if I'm a dude?

kstater
02-06-2011, 01:06 PM

Yeah, that's not really true.

kstater
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Skip, you're a fucking pussy.

L.A. Chieffan
Yeah, that's not really true.

really? are you sure? are you sure, sure? wow, thats a shocker.

milkman

Uh.....this is the internet...

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Uh.....this is the internet...

True, but I'm just seeing how that mult thought I was a mult of someone else.

Okie_Apparition
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
You're far too sweet. Reading your posts would make it move if it still could. Purple is for pussies.

Rams Fan
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
You're far too sweet. Reading your posts would make it move if it still could. Purple is for pussies.

Would you like some anti freeze?

SAUTO
02-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Damn skippy
Posted via Mobile Device

Okie_Apparition
02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Come on, OTWP is tough enough to handle a little n00b hazing.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
that's not skip

SAUTO
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
And rams fans is def. NOT Otwp. Not even close
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Josh Freeman is a fraud.

:rolleyes::skip: trying to :Poke:.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:33 PM
well in fairness

if Cassel is a fraud because he played weak opponents

than the same case can be made for Freeman

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
well in fairness

if Cassel is a fraud because he played weak opponents

than the same case can be made for Freeman

Not at all, I don't think either of them are frauds. However I feel like Freeman will be a top 5 QB in this league.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Not at all, I don't think either of them are frauds. However I feel like Freeman will be a top 5 QB in this league.

don't necessarily disagree about Freeman

but I think it's still too early to tell...he still has plenty of work to do

Al Bundy
02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
don't necessarily disagree about Freeman

but I think it's still too early to tell...he still has plenty of work to do

Yep, but he is putting in the work.

doomy3
02-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Hindsight?

You're a ****ing clueless, drunken moron.

I stated the same exact opinions of those drafts when they happened. It isn't like I woke up one day and decided to "rewrite" history.

You can make up all the shit you want but everyone knows that it's untrue.

Ricky the Pizza Boy.

Dane, I just checked every post of yours in the archives, and I couldn't come up with one where you mentioned Drew Brees. Am I missing something?

I did find a lot of other posts about the offseason and draft of 2001, and here are a few of those posts. I'm not thinking they'll say what you thought they would. I also left out all of the posts where you were leading a campaign to go after Dilfer prior to the 2001 season.

03-22-2001, 04:07 PM #12
DaneMcCloud
Wounding Vaginas Since 2000

Casino cash: $34163
Since the none of the Chiefs front office visited the Miami campus for workout day a couple of weeks ago, I don't think the they're interested in Morgan at all. I really hope that the Chiefs can find a partner in which to trade down in the first round and pick up a 2nd rounder. If so, I'd draft Shaun Rogers (or the best available DT), Andre Dyson (4.4 CB from Utah) in the 2nd, Stephen Blaylock, RB from Stephen F. Austin (4.3 40 - perfect 3rd down back; maybe more) and either McMahon, Booty or Palmer as the second 3rd round choice. If the Chiefs sign Priest Holmes, we'd have a nice RB corp, and the available cap money could either be allocated towards depth on defense and a one or two year deal for Aikman/Dilfer/Buerleine. I'd rather see the Chiefs draft a DT than sign an old, fat DT with little gas left in the tank.

03-01-2001, 10:44 PM
DaneMcCloud

What does everyone think? I'd rather have L. Tomlinson or D. McAllister, depth on the defense and offensive line with our current draft. The Chiefs would sign a Gus Frerotte or Trent Dilfer, then sign a big time free agent QB next year or trade for Green then. Face the facts: The Chiefs are re-building and won't be much of a contender in '01.

04-06-2001, 02:31 PM #6
DaneMcCloud

If Beuerline is healthy, I think he'd make an excellent choice for several reasons. First of all, he's only one season removed from a 4,400 yard, Pro Bowl campaign. He's played in this offense before (albeit Norv Turner's version), he's intelligent, has a couple of good seasons left and will be well protected not only by the Chiefs offensive line but by design and scheme as well. I also think that he's a QB that the Chiefs fans would support wholeheartedly (like Gannon) because the guy's a battler and seems to be a class act in the locker room and off the field. It seems that sometimes in KC, if the team isn't winning, it's just as important for the team to have hard working individuals and a QB that the fans can relate to as a hard working, no frills guy. Dilfer (minus the mistakes) would also draw that type of support from the fans as well.

04-22-2001, 05:18 PM #31
DaneMcCloud

I truly can't believe you guys are down on this draft! No one has even hit the field yet! This is the SAME EXACT THING AS LAST YEAR! You guys all said the Chiefs could have waited on Bartee, Who the hell is Greg Wesley?, Pat Dennis? Blah, blah, blah! The Chiefs have had pitiful special teams in the past 3 years, and after the purge of players this offseason, they'll need guys that will do anything! As far as tight end, Jason Dunn hasn't been healthy since the 1997 season, Drayton was a disappointment, Kendal Gammon is the long snapper and the other guys are just guys! Remember, the Chiefs can carry 80 players until mid-August. The guys who are drafted that don't make the team will go on the 5 man practice squad. Chill out guys - everything's okay!

04-23-2001, 06:00 PM #53
DaneMcCloud

Johnny, if Bill Parcells would have been hired instead of Dick Vermeil, would you complain that the Chiefs roster would have been poplulated by available Patriots and Jets players? How about Mike Holmgren populating with available Packers? This is just par for the course. A successful coach who drafted, signed and developed players from a very successful team wants any available player that can help his new team! Who cares where these guys are from? Should I slam you because you're a Chiefs fan living in North Carolina, not a Kansas or Missouri resident? In the era of free agency, we should be THRILLED that a coach can easily bring in players that conform with his style of play and mentality. All of these changes have been for the good of the Chiefs; they haven't had much success in the past 5 years, so I for one applaud the changes!

04-22-2001, 09:17 PM #8
DaneMcCloud

Downing had 72 tackles and 9 1/2 sacks for Syracuse last year in the Big East. Depending on the source, Downing was projected anywhere from 3rd to 6th round. The Chiefs like him because he got bigger, stronger and faster this offseason. They also think that he could immediately become a part of the rotation. Sounds like a dedicated, hungry player to me, which is exactly what the D-line has been missing.
As I mentioned earlier, one of my buddies is a coach at Boise State, and he thinks we'll love Harts. He smart, dedicated and has football instincts, plus he's a kick returner. Doesn't sound too bad to me.
Beisel scares me because everyone here loves him, (just like Fatafahi), and that's because he's a K-Stater. If anything, he's the one I don't see making the team.
Layne and Blaylock (who I love!) are good picks because the Chiefs had no true fullback to back up Richardson, and Blaylock could be a Warrick Dunn/Tiki Barber type player. He's fast (4.3 40), is a good outside runner and can catch. Again, sounds pretty good to me.
Snoop is a great pickup because he's been a gamer for Florida State, and always kicks butt in big games. Charlie Joiner LOVES the guy, so that's a pretty good endorsement. If it hadn't have been for his suspension from this year's National Championship game (which they probably would have won with him), he would have been a low first round to second round pick.
Bill Baber, the TE, was a necessary pick. Jason Dunn hadn't been healthy since 1997 and if Gonzalez goes down, who do you start? The Chiefs needed depth and athleticism at the position, which is another indication of HOW IMPORTANT THE TIGHT END WILL BE IN THE NEW SYSTEM! (for those of you who doubt that T Gon will be a big part!)
Stulstedt comes across as another Darnell Alford type guy. Big, strong athletic but his attitude will determine how far he goes with his career. Let's hope Dickie V can get him (and Alford) into gear.
I think this is a solid but not spectacular draft. The Chiefs really didn't have any ammo in which to move up, so staying put and getting solid players wasn't a bad idea.

04-21-2001, 11:24 PM #25
DaneMcCloud

Mark, I really don't understand your frustration. The Chiefs didn't have a starting QB, and the players available in free agency would have been one year stop gaps, nothing more. Beuerline was old and injured, Dilfer could hit the broad side of a broad, Aikman was too beat up, Johnson was fragile (and not interested) and Banks is well, Tony Banks. The Chiefs didn't have a choice if they wanted to win now. Trent Green is and will continue to be a good QB and after his knee heals, will not give him future problems. Giving up a second rounder, while I feel is too high, is certainly not unprecedented for a coach with his pedigree, and it's far less than the Jets gave up for Parcells. I can personally guarantee that Trent Green and Dick Vermiel's staff will have a much quicker and longer lasting impact than say a Damione Lewis and Tommy Polley. How much real and immediate impact did Sly Mo or William Bartee have last year? How about John Tait and Mike Cloud the year before? Draft picks are no substitute for experience, leadership and proven ability. The Chiefs will have a much better season than if Duece McCallister and Trent Dilfer were the starters!

(This post added for irony.)

04-22-2001, 02:57 PM #5
DaneMcCloud

John, I SICK OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID, NEGATIVE POSTS! Why don't you just GO AWAY and root for another team, because it's obvious that you're no longer a Chiefs fan! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to question the Chiefs draft? The same guy who thought the Chiefs should select Torrance Marshall with the 12th overall pick? (he went in the 3rd round by the way). JUST PLEASE LEAVE!!

MoreLemonPledge
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I love Dane McCloud ownage.

And the last post is fucking money.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
jesus...

that's an epic beatdown

hahaha

MoreLemonPledge
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Dane, I SICK OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID, NEGATIVE POSTS! Why don't you just GO AWAY and root for another team, because it's obvious that you're no longer a Chiefs fan! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to question the Chiefs draft? The same guy who thought the Chiefs should select Jimmy Clausen with the 5th overall pick? (he went late in the 2nd round by the way). JUST PLEASE LEAVE!!

SAUTO
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Damn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Hey Music Man, I wanted Brady in 2000. Look it up, if you get a break from your great life today.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Dane, I just checked every post of yours in the archives, and I couldn't come up with one where you mentioned Drew Brees.

I think at one point, the mods indicated that the archives were screwed up, but I'm that others that were around at the time can verify that I would have liked to have seen Drew Brees at #12. I don't even think those are actually my posts.

Milkman has alluded to our past conversations as well.

DaneMcCloud
Hey Music Man, I wanted Brady in 2000. Look it up, if you get a break from your great life today.

You weren't around then, Pizza Boy.

SAUTO
That was dane version t.f
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM

I'm going to start using the (which is searchable) line every time I want to be right about something!

Let me guess Dane...we lost all of those pro-Brees' posts in the great CP purge of 2008!?!?!

doomy3
I think at one point, the mods indicated that the archives were screwed up, but I'm that others that were around at the time can verify that I would have liked to have seen Drew Brees at #12.

I'll take your word for it. It's just odd that it doesn't mesh at all with your other posts from that offseason.

Hootie
I think at one point, the mods indicated that the archives were screwed up, but I'm that others that were around at the time can verify that I would have liked to have seen Drew Brees at #12.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I JUST CALLED THIS EXCUSE

GREAT PURGE OF 08!

LMAO

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I think at one point, the mods indicated that the archives were screwed up, but I'm that others that were around at the time can verify that I would have liked to have seen Drew Brees at #12. I don't even think those are actually my posts.

you don't think those are your actual posts?!?!?

hahahahaha

LMFAO

Jesus Dane...you're reaching new lows

notorious
02-06-2011, 01:56 PM
JFC, coming into this thread is like walking into an Epic 80' Movie Bar Fight scene.

People are just swinging away. ROFL

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Dane the great purge of 08 purged my old account where I was advocating taking Brady with our 1st pick in 2000 (which is searchable) (oh wait the archives were messed up!!)

hahahahahahahaha

well any post that I've made in the last 5 years that is wrong (like predicting the Jets and Ravens to be overrated this year) wasn't really my posts...the archives were messed up!

MoreLemonPledge

http://www.filthydripped.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/15_damage_control_l.jpg

doomy3

Yeah, they are actually your posts. I know this, because usually the next post was from someone else and started with "Dane,..."

notorious
02-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Skip, you're a ****ing pussy.

LOL

Hootie
he doesn't think those are HIS posts when they are his EXACT posting style??

Really?

Really?

Really?

OMG Dane...hahahahahaha

milkman
you don't think those are your actual posts?!?!?

hahahahaha

LMFAO

Jesus Dane...you're reaching new lows

He's right.

The server got really jacked up and somehow posts and users got all screwed up.

Hootie
02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah, they are actually your posts. I know this, because usually the next post was from someone else and started with "Dane,..."

the mods edited the following posts to set Dane up!

the great purge/frame job of 08!

DaneMcCloud
I'll take your word for it. It's just odd that it doesn't mesh at all with your other posts from that offseason.

I don't even know if those are my posts because things got out of whack along the way in regards to the archives. I'm absolutely certain that I discussed Brees in this forum because there were discussions about Al Saunders mentioning how much he liked him on 810 that year.

What was your search criteria and who is "John"? Was that Proctor?

I just did a search on "Brees" and DaneMcCloud, and there's not a single post before 2007, so something is definitely wrong.

Rams Fan
JFC, coming into this thread is like walking into an Epic 80' Movie Bar Fight scene.

People are just swinging away. ROFL

http://i33.tinypic.com/2m83wr8.jpg

Hootie
02-06-2011, 02:00 PM
He's right.

oooooh

yeah

ok

so his name just got reassigned to someone else's posts with the exact same posting style as him

yeah

that totally makes sense

got it

doomy3
02-06-2011, 02:00 PM
He's right.

Many of those posts I listed literally have someone else, the next post, using Dane's name in their reply. Unless the server also actually changed the contents of posts, then they are his.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Link me because some of those don't ring a bell.

The discussion about McCallister & Dilfer is right but the rest are very, very odd.

notorious

Just curious.

Go. ****. Yourself.

3 < 100

Well you kept it under 100 characters.

Skip, you're a ****ing pussy.

Would you like some anti freeze?

You weren't around then, Pizza Boy.

I am kicking myself for not checking this thread out earlier.

Burst.

Hootie
look at his linked posts you dumbfuck!!!

hahahaha

dude those posts are exactly like the ones you post now to members you know by first name...

"John, ..."
"Mark, ..."
"As I mentioned earlier, one of my buddies is a coach at Boise State, and he thinks we'll love Harts."

lmfao

those are your posts, Dane.

Stop trying to hide from it...you look pathetic.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Many of those posts I listed literally have someone else, the next post, using Dane's name in their reply. Unless the server also actually changed the contents of posts, then they are his.

Again, what was your search criteria?

And once more, anyone that was here back in 2000 and 2001 can verify that I discussed Brees, probably ad nauseam.

doomy3
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't even know if those are my posts because things got out of whack along the way in regards to the archives. I'm absolutely certain that I discussed Brees in this forum because there were discussions about Al Saunders mentioning how much he liked him on 810 that year.

What was your search criteria and who is "John"? Was that Proctor?

I just did a search on "Brees" and DaneMcCloud, and there's not a single post before 2007, so something is definitely wrong.

My only search criteria was to search every one of your posts in the archives. I typed your name in the poster line, and left the keyword blank (I only did this because adding in "Brees" in the keywords with your username yielded zero results. I would have had much better luck using "Dilfer.")

Hootie
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
shit! he's right! this doesn't look like a Dane post:

"If Beuerline is healthy, I think he'd make an excellent choice for several reasons. First of all, he's only one season removed from a 4,400 yard, Pro Bowl campaign. He's played in this offense before (albeit Norv Turner's version), he's intelligent, has a couple of good seasons left and will be well protected not only by the Chiefs offensive line but by design and scheme as well. I also think that he's a QB that the Chiefs fans would support wholeheartedly (like Gannon) because the guy's a battler and seems to be a class act in the locker room and off the field. It seems that sometimes in KC, if the team isn't winning, it's just as important for the team to have hard working individuals and a QB that the fans can relate to as a hard working, no frills guy. Dilfer (minus the mistakes) would also draw that type of support from the fans as well."

he must have been switched with badgirl!!!!

milkman
oooooh

yeah

ok

so his name just got reassigned to someone else's posts with the exact same posting style as him

yeah

that totally makes sense

got it

I am not saying those are or are not his posts.

I am merely saying that it is documented that posts somehow did get reassigned to different posters at some point in the past in the first or second server upgrade.

KurtCobain
Hey you! I'm plugging something in an ongoing thread!

Do you wish you could be a drafttabulator for just one moment? Do you want your fifteen minutes of feeling like you know more than NFL GMs? Then go to Draft Planet and join the alternate mock draft today! We're trying to start this weekend now I guess, so gotta pimp this shit out!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241269

Mock or Die.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
look at his linked posts you dumbfuck!!!

hahahaha

dude those posts are exactly like the ones you post now to members you know by first name...

"John, ..."
"Mark, ..."
"As I mentioned earlier, one of my buddies is a coach at Boise State, and he thinks we'll love Harts."

lmfao

those are your posts, Dane.

Stop trying to hide from it...you look pathetic.

You're a fucking jackass.

I'm not "hiding" from anything and I've already stated that I remember posting some of those remarks (and yes, I had a friend at the time under Dirk Koetter at Boise State), so that's exactly right.

What's "wrong" is that I absolutely mentioned Brees and it's ridiculous to suggest that I didn't, especially when you weren't even around.

Hootie
the great purge/frame job of 08!

damage control! damage control!

back when I was a member in 2000 Dane I predicted everything that went wrong to be wrong before it happened (which used to be searchable)

(but please don't try to search it because it won't exist...I just don't think anyone will call my bluff...but if they do I'll just blame the great purge of 08 as a frame job where all my posts aren't really my posts)

-King-
ROFL This is hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device