PDA

View Full Version : Football Elway says Tebow will take time to be great... Lots of time

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Broncos | John Elway says it will take time for Tim Tebow to be great

Fri, 04 Feb 2011 20:42:22 -0800

Denver Broncos vice president of football operations said Friday, Feb. 4, that it is going to take time for QB Tim Tebow to be great in the NFL, reports Dave Krieger, of The Denver Post. "Tim, as I've said, is a guy that is a very good football player," Elway said. "He is not a great quarterback yet. Hopefully we can make him a great quarterback, but I think that's going to take some time, first he needs to learn to pass like an NFL quarterback should pass, right now he's clueless. Next he's going to have to understand the playbook, at this time he is have a great deal of difficulty understanding what x means and what o means." But Elway added, he's got a great work ethic and believes in God so that's gotta count for something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Champ Bailey likely won't be back

Fri, 04 Feb 2011 20:35:22 -0800

Denver Broncos CB Champ Bailey is not likely to be back with the team in 2011, reports Jeff Legwold, of The Denver Post. The report adds that the price for Bailey, using the franchise tag, is likely too steep for a team in the rebuilding process.

KurtCobain
02-05-2011, 09:45 AM
They'll be in the cellar for years.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Bailey is no longer worth the Franchise Tag if there will be one.

FAX
02-05-2011, 09:56 AM
This can't be real. Real quotes, I mean ...

Can it?

FAX

Hammock Parties
02-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Tebow will take a long time to realize his potential.

A very, very long time.

A looooooooooong time.

http://i56.tinypic.com/9a1mj8.jpg

Baby Lee
02-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm no Tebow fan, but what about his 'story' differentiates him in a negative way from Cassel?

Dave Lane
02-05-2011, 10:02 AM
But Elway added, he's got a great work ethic and believes in God so that's gotta count for something.

This made me laugh out loud. Really?!?

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 10:06 AM
"What he is as a man, as a player, his intangibles, those all came true," said Elway. "Now we've just got to get him the experience and get him the work to continue to improve him as a quarterback.

Elway has also compared Tebow to Ben Roethlisburger and said he isn't the only person in the organization who has used that same comparison.

And on Champ.... Elway said that resigning Champ is his #1 priority.

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 10:07 AM
This made me laugh out loud. Really?!?

That was never said by Elway.

You do know who created this thread, don't you?

KCUnited
02-05-2011, 10:13 AM
"Next he's going to have to understand the playbook, at this time he is have a great deal of difficulty understanding what x means and what o means."

Elway went on to add, "at this point when Tim opens up the playbook he proceeds to give guys a certain number of kisses and hugs depending on how the play is drawn out."

KurtCobain
02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Elway has also compared Tebow to Ben Roethlisburger

What? ROFL

Fish
02-05-2011, 10:27 AM
ROFL

Tebow is going to provide years of entertainment......

Simply hilarious...

Rain Man
02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Elway has also compared Tebow to Ben Roethlisburger and said he isn't the only person in the organization who has used that same comparison.

Did he actually mention Roethlisberger by name? I thought all he said was, "No way would I let Tebow anywhere near my daughter". That's an indirect comparison at best.

Rain Man
02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
The nice thing about having Elway in charge is that his blimp-sized ego will prevent him from ever getting a good quarterback. Elway was a ball hog and glory hog when he played, and he won't want to see another quarterback getting some of the adulation that he wants. Consciously or subconsciously, he's going to sabotage Tebow and any other quarterback who comes in so they won't dethrone him as prom king.

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 10:39 AM
ROFL

Tebow is going to provide years of entertainment......

Simply hilarious...
Tebow will be in the HOF someday. Just wait....

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1753094

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
The nice thing about having Elway in charge is that his blimp-sized ego will prevent him from ever getting a good quarterback. Elway was a ball hog and glory hog when he played, and he won't want to see another quarterback getting some of the adulation that he wants. Consciously or subconsciously, he's going to sabotage Tebow and any other quarterback who comes in so they won't dethrone him as prom king.

Elway put his God-like status on the line in Denver when he took the job. He will do everything in his power to succeed and has even said that he plans on working with the QB's personally during training camp.

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I predict that Rain Man will end up hating Tebow just as much as he hates Elway. LMAO

SAUTO
02-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Its nice to hear that his church has raised the money to build that new wing to put his bust in.......
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
02-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Elway put his God-like status on the line in Denver when he took the job. He will do everything in his power to succeed and has even said that he plans on working with the QB's personally during training camp.

Yep. Working personally with the quarterbacks. We all know what's going to happen there. Sabotage. He's going to throw his sabot into the quarterback machinery.

Chiefaholic
02-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I predict that Rain Man will end up hating Tebow just as much as he hates Elway. LMAO

Along with the THOUSANDS of current and former Donkeys before him. If all Bronco fans were as dillusional as you, Elway could triple ticket and parking prices and never miss a packed house.

Knowmo = Hootie squared

Bwana
02-05-2011, 11:10 AM

Yeah, if he pays the admission of $12.50 to walk through the door.

Baby Lee
02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm no Tebow fan, but what about his 'story' differentiates him in a negative way from Cassel?

Anyone? Don't make me make this it's own thread. ;)

Rain Man
02-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Anyone? Don't make me make this it's own thread. ;)

How about, "He was a first-round draft pick so he shouldn't be in a developmental phase from Day One"?

Bowser
02-05-2011, 11:21 AM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/56ftMWBdQ-4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM

I've seen Matt Cassel make a play like that once or twice. That doesn't mean he's going to be/is any good

Baby Lee
02-05-2011, 11:46 AM
How about, "He was a first-round draft pick so he shouldn't be in a developmental phase from Day One"?

Thinner than you're spindly spindly limbs.

1. Nobody but the Broncos had him first round.
2. Draft position is irrelevant to the nuts and bolts assessment of what kind of QB he'll be once acclimated.

So what does Cassel pwn Tebow in;

Want to?
Dedication?
Intelligence?
Decision making?
Natural ability?
Leadership?
Success?
Aura?

RealSNR
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
So what does Cassel pwn Tebow in;

Want to? Nope. But it's closer than you think
Dedication? SAA
Intelligence? Yes
Decision making? Yes
Natural ability? Fuck no
Leadership? Fuck no
Success? Irrelevant question until we give Tebow a few more years
Aura?if you mean "douchebag" then Tebow's got him there.

Baby Lee
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM

In terms of success, actually go ahead apply it to all qualities, I was meaning at every level of competition.

MagicHef
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Elway was on the sports radio station in Denver today, and said that re-signing Champ was their #1 FA priority. As far as Baby Lee's question, I think Cassel wins in decision making, and that's it.

RealSNR
02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
In terms of success, actually go ahead apply it to all qualities, I was meaning at every level of competition.Then sure, Tebow has had more success.

So has Ken Dorsey and Jason White

jAZ
02-05-2011, 02:04 PM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9KyBdPeKHg&start=25s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
02-05-2011, 02:21 PM

I hope they do resign Chump Bailey, at his stage of his career he is going down hill. You may get another above mediocre year but he isn't going to be any thing special and I predict him getting powned more times than not. Chump Bailey is going to fail to deliver as a shut down corner so ya hope you resign him bitches.

Three7s
02-05-2011, 02:22 PM

WOW, what an epic 10 yard pass! You heard it here first people, put Tebow in the HOF NOW! That pass is all you need to see!

I can't believe I ever doubted the lord, savior, and creator of the universe, Tim Tebow. PRAISE TIM TEBOW!!!

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Elway was on the sports radio station in Denver today, and said that re-signing Champ was their #1 FA priority. As far as Baby Lee's question, I think Cassel wins in decision making, and that's it.

Sweet! I love hearing a divison rivals #1 off season priority is inking their soon to be 33 year old corner back to a big money deal.

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I hope they do resign Chump Bailey, at his stage of his career he is going down hill. You may get another above mediocre year but he isn't going to be any thing special and I predict him getting powned more times than not. Chump Bailey is going to fail to deliver as a shut down corner so ya hope you resign him bitches.

Champ completely shut down Bowe and every other receiver he faced one on one. Bowe had a big game against us when we blew you out but that was because we were playing a soft zone for 45 minutes.

BigCatDaddy
02-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Champ completely shut down Bowe and every other receiver he faced one on one. Bowe had a big game against us when we blew you out but that was because we were playing a soft zone for 45 minutes.

So you are in favor of giving this 33 year old CB a fat new contract?

SAUTO
02-05-2011, 03:02 PM

How do you know what defense they put out there in the second half against us?
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM

:rolleyes: dumb

Baby Lee
02-05-2011, 03:28 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9KyBdPeKHg&start=25s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thought you were posting this line. NSFW - Language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

Saccopoo
02-05-2011, 03:31 PM

:spock:

While improved, I'm pretty sure Cassel makes some of the worst on-field decisions I've seen from a starting NFL quarterback.

Quesadilla Joe
02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
How do you know what defense they put out there in the second half against us?
Posted via Mobile Device

I watched every down of the first Chiefs game.

Rasputin
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Chump chump chump or is he chimpanze Bailey he is going to suckville regardless of how he played up to this point at age 33 he would be better served as a FS. Glad you like him bruh ROFL good luck with that. Going down down down Chump is going down down down as a high caliber CB.

SAUTO
02-05-2011, 06:01 PM

I bet you did
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
02-05-2011, 06:06 PM
So you are in favor of giving this 33 year old CB a fat new contract?I remember when we were all excited about 32-year old Ty Law

MagicHef
02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
:spock:

While improved, I'm pretty sure Cassel makes some of the worst on-field decisions I've seen from a starting NFL quarterback.

Fine, you've convinced me. Tebow is better than Cassel in every way possible.

kysirsoze
02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Fine, you've convinced me. Tebow is better than Cassel in every way possible.

LMAO

clyde05
02-06-2011, 01:31 AM

Maybe college football hof but not nfl hof

Demonpenz
02-06-2011, 08:09 AM
He's better than Kurt Warner was at this point. If he puts all his faith in God, works out to his abilities like he has been, he will be good.

DaKCMan AP
02-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow, who was raised by Christian missionaries, kept himself busy with non-traditional tourist activities during his first visit to Las Vegas on Tuesday.

A teetotaler, his only shots involved a basketball court and a ping pong table.

In town to shoot individual photo shoots for Nike with fellow NFL stars, he played a game of pickup basketball with Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings, All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis of the New York Jets and Ndamukong Suh, the Detroit Lions star rookie defensive tackle.

They were spotted ballin' in the Palms’ Hardwood Suite, which features a basketball court for high rollers and VIP guests.

Tebow also reportedly played ping pong against a professional after a session of the World Championship of Ping Pong had ended in The Pearl, the Palms’ concert venue.

Tebow, who led Florida to two national championships in three years and was the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy, had dinner with Revis, Suh and Peterson at N9NE Steakhouse, a celebrity hotspot frequented over the years by the likes of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf and Pete Rose.

Tebow, the first to arrive, took a table in the main dining room, rather than the private room favored by many celebrities.

He ordered Fiji water and went with a bone-in ribeye – not a T-bone. And, no, the water didn’t turn into wine for the NFL newcomer whose clean-cut, down-to-earth image made him one of the league’s most popular players overnight.

During dinner, Tebow, Revis and Suh went to the kitchen to sign Chef Barry Dakake’s Shake Down Door, which has been signed by hundreds of celebrity guests. They signed helmets, football, jerseys and N9NE Steakhouse dinner plates.

Suh, the dominating defensive lineman out of Nebraska and the No. 2 overall draft pick in 2010, was celebrating being named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Tebow wore a gray sweater, with jeans and Nike tennis shoes. Revis was wearing black Chuck Taylor Converse hightops. Huh?

They are all staying at the Mandarin Oriental in CityCenter, Vegas Confidential has learned.

--NORM CLARKE, Vegas Confidential

http://www.lvrj.com/columnists/normclarke/breaking_news/TIM-TEBOW-NO-LONGER-A-VEGAS-VIRGIN-115623814.html?ref=814

King_Chief_Fan
02-10-2011, 11:15 AM
did anyone mention that Cassel is running out of time?
Shouldn't he be good by now?

tooge
02-10-2011, 11:41 AM

he compareed him to Rothlisberger? In what way? I'm guessing he means that once he gets his willy wet for the first time, he will become a raping machine.

Just Passin' By
02-10-2011, 01:13 PM
What surprises me is that a lot of Broncos fans still think hiring Elway was a good move.

Quesadilla Joe
02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
What surprises me is that a lot of Broncos fans still think hiring Elway was a good move.

John Elway is God. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?!?!?!?

The Franchise
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jmyXxkWaWZQ/SwLutnY1BtI/AAAAAAAAAFg/2i0r6r-Ifts/s1600/smiling_horse.jpg

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM

I look at it like this... neither one of us is apparently smart enough to be anything more than a fan. So, we don't really know what is good or bad in this situation. By default - those that hate Denver and Elway will say it's a move doomed for failure. And, those on the other side will say it's either great or they'll hope for the best.

I have no idea, but all I can do is hope for the best. To suggest it's failure is just as silly as anything that KnowMo types...

DaKCMan AP
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I look at it like this... neither one of us is apparently smart enough to be anything more than a fan.

It has nothing to do with smarts. That entire profession is 100% based upon connections.

vailpass
02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
It has nothing to do with smarts. That entire profession is 100% based upon connections.

I wouldn't say 100% but I'd go with 85.

Rausch
02-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Some day when our franchise is desperate enough for wins that we give a HOF player a front office role I really hope it's Will Shields.

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2011, 01:27 PM

It could be. Former players have been known to make good GM's in some cases. It's not like they hired Carl Peterson or anything.

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Some day when our franchise is desperate enough for wins that we give a HOF player a front office role I really hope it's Will Shields.

He was my 2nd choice to Dale Carter :)

Rausch
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
It could be. Former players have been known to make good GM's in some cases.

Name one...

Rausch
02-10-2011, 01:30 PM
He was my 2nd choice to Dale Carter :)

All it needs is teh AIDS...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgBD6qhXxuywHlMfrVAstv-YBZG-Nt-dJw-ziGeLKmibHAuO_e

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Name one...

I think Newsome does a pretty good job in Baltimore.

Rausch
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I think Newsome does a pretty good job in Baltimore.

Good call.

There's one...

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Good call.

There's one...

It happens, it also happens in other sports as well. Jerry West did a pretty good job, but then you have the Michaels Jordans which they better hope doesn't happen with the Broncos, but I would rather enjoy.

Just Passin' By
02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
John Elway is God. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?!?!?!?

God, obviously, can keep his mouth shut for a period of time. Captain Hee-Haw, on the other hand, can't seem to accomplish that.

Just Passin' By
02-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I look at it like this... neither one of us is apparently smart enough to be anything more than a fan. So, we don't really know what is good or bad in this situation. By default - those that hate Denver and Elway will say it's a move doomed for failure. And, those on the other side will say it's either great or they'll hope for the best.

I have no idea, but all I can do is hope for the best. To suggest it's failure is just as silly as anything that KnowMo types...

I'm not sure what smart has to to with it, and I can assure you that my comments have nothing to do with hating Denver or anything along those lines, although I do admit that I'm not an Elway fan. However, it doesn't take a great deal of "smart" to know that repeatedly talking down your young, developing QB isn't usually the brightest way to approach things.

Is Elway going to piss in the guy's Cheerios next?

vailpass
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM

ROFL Someday? Did you convert to the Steelers or something?

RealSNR
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
It happens, it also happens in other sports as well. Jerry West did a pretty good job, but then you have the Michaels Jordans which they better hope doesn't happen with the Broncos, but I would rather enjoy.
Wayne Gretzky, too

vailpass
02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Wayne Gretzky, too

And Al Davis.

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh and Xanders is the GM... Elway is not the GM in title, just wanted to make sure we're all technically correct when blasting the guy.

RealSNR
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Wanna know how great the Chiefs are? Not even our head coach played football! We've got zero players at our top office positions! Now that's what I call a smart and successful team!

listopencil
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM

It's pwnt. Not powned. Powned is just silly.

vailpass
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Wanna know how great the Chiefs are? Not even our head coach played football! We've got zero players at our top office positions! Now that's what I call a smart and successful team!

Haley might not have played but I bet his mullett did.