PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Super Bowl Menu

Saccopoo
02-06-2011, 03:19 AM
I didn't see one this year and looked around for it as we've got a lot of good chef/cooks here.

Here's mine:

Homemade Onion Dip
- Vidala onion
- Two green onion
- one clove garlic
- white pepper
- salt
- celery seed powder
- sour cream
- mayonaise
- cream cheese
- worchestershire
- fuck I'm giving away my best shit

Homemade Bean & Conqueso Dip
- No more private recipes - fuck off

Deviled Eggs

Super Special Nachos

Then on to the real shit:

Appetizers:
Pierogies
- If you ain't making this then Pittsburgh ain't represented. National food of Pittsburgh. Period.

Beer and cheese soup
- strong cheddar and some nice lager. Sexy and creamy. Just like last Thursday...hmmm...yeah...

Brats
- Wisconsin national food. Just started their submersion in a very light American lager minutes ago. Let that succulent pork soak up the beer and then grill them babies to perfection. Served with butter drenched and carmellized onions and green peppers on homemade hoagie rolls.

I just hope I don't squirrel up the process due to beer consumption that began about six hours ago and won't stop until Mondayish.

Have a great Super Bowl!

JOhn
02-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Probably gonna be Ramon's and maybe some sort of processed meat. :thumb:

KcMizzou
02-06-2011, 03:33 AM
I don't really care. Get drunk, munch, watch football.

If anything, I'll make the rotell dip with the spicy breakfast sausage. (100 times better than using hamburger, or if you're fancy "ground beef")

Try it once, and you'll never do it with beef again.

cdcox
02-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Deviled Eggs

Tomato Burchetta

Smokies wrapped in candied bacon

|Zach|
02-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Sounds like good shit guys.

Pushead2
02-06-2011, 04:04 AM
I didn't see one this year and looked around for it as we've got a lot of good chef/cooks here.

Here's mine:

Homemade Onion Dip
- Vidala onion
- Two green onion
- one clove garlic
- white pepper
- salt
- celery seed powder
- sour cream
- mayonaise
- cream cheese
- worchestershire
- **** I'm giving away my best shit

Homemade Bean & Conqueso Dip
- No more private recipes - **** off

Deviled Eggs

Super Special Nachos

Then on to the real shit:

Appetizers:
Pierogies
- If you ain't making this then Pittsburgh ain't represented. National food of Pittsburgh. Period.

Beer and cheese soup
- strong cheddar and some nice lager. Sexy and creamy. Just like last Thursday...hmmm...yeah...

Brats
- Wisconsin national food. Just started their submersion in a very light American lager minutes ago. Let that succulent pork soak up the beer and then grill them babies to perfection. Served with butter drenched and carmellized onions and green peppers on homemade hoagie rolls.

I just hope I don't squirrel up the process due to beer consumption that began about six hours ago and won't stop until Mondayish.

Have a great Super Bowl!

am I invited?

bevischief
02-06-2011, 04:40 AM
pizza hut.

threebag
02-06-2011, 06:48 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:CXgEAaDZ-ORURM::www.gottarubit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jambalaya.jpg&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfQZMfTFLAVo44Pi5wdWr-_zOWN8g

Jambalaya

the Talking Can
02-06-2011, 07:08 AM
keeping it simple, but making enough to eat on for most of the day

all american ground beef tacos
Vat of nacho cheese
buffalo fried shrimp

growlers full of Terrapin Sound Czech and Stone Double Bastard

Fire Me Boy!
02-06-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm a week into my full-blown diet, and doing pretty well. So I'm not cooking anything.

:deevee:

Extra Point
02-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Beers, Tossed salad, Shrimp Cocktail, Beef Stew, Biscuits, Beers. Lots of beers.

|Zach|
02-06-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm a week into my full-blown diet, and doing pretty well. So I'm not cooking anything.

:deevee:

Oh man. You should have made the SB your last hurrah and THEN started. Good luck though!

HonestChieffan
02-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Pork Carnitas in slow cooker now, lots-o-beer, nachos, lots-o-beer

Nzoner
02-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Appetizers:
Pierogies

We're going to a party and the hosts are originally from Pittsburgh so they're doing a complete Pitt menu including pierogies.Can't say I've ever tried them but looking forward.

DeezNutz
02-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Reuben wraps (fried)
Jalapeno poppers (homemade, of course)
Lil smokies wrapped in bacon
Copious amounts of beer

KCUnited
02-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Homemade Jamaican Beef Patties
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Some sort of slaw to tie in.

Bugeater
02-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm doing something that I haven't done for over two decades, and it's called "I'm going to a bar to watch the game and letting someone else do all the damn work".

boogblaster
02-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Ribs
Fries
Slaw
Rolls
Peach Cobbler
Booze

rockymtnchief
02-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm doing something that I haven't done for over two decades, and it's called "I'm going to a bar to watch the game and letting someone else do all the damn work".

:thumb:
Me too, if I can get down the drive to the highway. Damn snow!

RJ
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Brisket is on the smoker, should be ready by halftime. There's plenty of beer out in the garage.

Let's see.....brisket, beer......am I missing anything?

dirk digler
02-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I guess I am going with chili, wings, maybe some potato skins, dip, and beer.

Over-Head
02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
:thumb:
Damn snow!
Yeah really, prepping my ribs for a dry rub while I watch 15cm's of snow build up. :(

On the menue
Hot wings
Baccon explosion
Ribs
Nachos
and large amounts of beer

Gracie Dean
02-06-2011, 09:56 AM
My famouse Cheese Dip
75 meatballs Home made
Chilli Home made

I have all the fixings for chili pies if anyone wants that too

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Was getting ready to throw some ribs on the smoker here in a few, but the wife has been sick and just made the call that she wasn't going to be good for game time. So I just got done calling around 14 people that were planning on coming over for the game to tell them we'd have to do it up right for SB 2012. :(. We'll see if I can plow through 8 avocados by myself tonight.

HonestChieffan
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Dirk asked for my Carnitas Recipe. Got me thinking maybe some other good ideas on here and I have time to add some stuff. So if you have a good un you would share, post it up...

My Carnitas

Its so damn hard....I hunted wild turkey in Mexico two years ago, the little mexican gal spoke zero English but was a wizard cook...all over a wood fired stove. If you can get to Penzys spice or go online, they sell a spice called Epizote....it really adds a lot as well as a little red pepper called chile pequin. I use about a tablespoon of epizote. 2 chile pequins is a gods plenty...they are bigger than a BB but not much and are like 1000x scovile scale units hotter than a jalepeno.

Even without Chile Pequin or Epizote it works well as follows:

Get a bone in pork shoulder.

4 cups Chicken stock
2 tablespoons Cumin (ground)
2 Tablespoons corriander-ground
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
Juice of two limes
teaspoon or so of red pepper flakes
salt/pepper

Mix all that up, put Mr pork shoulder in a crock pot, pour the mix on, set it on high.

3 pounder takes about 5 hours, a 5 pounder takes about 7

I pull the meat out and shread it and take all the juice and reduce on the stove and pour back on the meat.

Sure-Oz
02-06-2011, 10:48 AM
My sb menu consists of antibiotics, tylenol, water, and soup

strep throat ftw

in all seriousness though thats part of it. I'm sure burgers, brats, chips and dip, will be added

rockymtnchief
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah really, prepping my ribs for a dry rub while I watch 15cm's of snow build up. :(

Looks like karma does pay off!

Friday night I came home and saw someone spotlighting on the neighbors ranch. (Neighbor is out of state for the month). I chased them across the ranch and got them stopped. I was in the process of chewing their ass, with .45 behind my back, when another neighbor flew down the road to chase them off also. Apparently, my backup let the neighbors dad know what I'd done. The dad just showed up and plowed my 500' driveway with his front end loader. Ranch neighbors FTW!

HonestChieffan
02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Looks like karma does pay off!

Friday night I came home and saw someone spotlighting on the neighbors ranch. (Neighbor is out of state for the month). I chased them across the ranch and got them stopped. I was in the process of chewing their ass, with .45 behind my back, when another neighbor flew down the road to chase them off also. Apparently, my backup let the neighbors dad know what I'd done. The dad just showed up and plowed my 500' driveway with his front end loader. Ranch neighbors FTW!

Country living. Neighbors still are. Good job on the spotlighters.

cdcox
02-06-2011, 12:36 PM
The key to the SB menu is to have food that you don't have to mess around with during the game. If you get too involved with the food, you miss half the game. It's not even completely safe to walk away from the TV during commercial breaks.

cdcox
02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh and it is also a MUST that you actually eat DURING the game. Very tricky timing.

Buehler445
02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Just cooking some burgers and brats. My wife is making some ridiculously amazing cheese dip. She's got the recipe locked away. I'll see if I can pry it loose.

kstater
02-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Duck Chili

Lonewolf Ed
02-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I was going to make sharp cheddar and beer soup, but got urgent requests for stromboli. A girl I worked with once asked me what I had been up to, and I told her I made a new dish, cheese and beer soup. She asked, "What's in that?"

:spock:

So, I snapped back at her, "Pork chops, you moron!" :shake:

RJ
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh and it is also a MUST that you actually eat DURING the game. Very tricky timing.

Exactly. If everything goes right, I should be taking my brisket off a little before game time. Then I'll wrap it in foil and let it rest until halftime. But as we know, barbecue is an inexact science.

58-4ever
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Was getting ready to throw some ribs on the smoker here in a few, but the wife has been sick and just made the call that she wasn't going to be good for game time. So I just got done calling around 14 people that were planning on coming over for the game to tell them we'd have to do it up right for SB 2012. :(. We'll see if I can plow through 8 avocados by myself tonight.

My wife would have to be really sick to pull off a move like that. I hope she feels better though! Sometimes it is more fun to watch the game by yourself. :thumb:

stlchiefs
02-06-2011, 03:48 PM
My wife would have to be really sick to pull off a move like that. I hope she feels better though! Sometimes it is more fun to watch the game by yourself. :thumb:

I usually enjoy the crowd, but the last thing you want to do is throw a party and send people home sick, especially when there were going to be a couple of little ones in the group. Lots of game day food for dinner this week! Enjoy the game.

Buehler445
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Cheese and Pepper Dip
1 can stewed tomatoes, I use Hunt's Mexican style
1 small can chopped green chilies, drained
1 T. worchestershire sauce
onion powder, to taste
2 lbs Velvetta
2 cans cheddar cheese soup
Place first 4 ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until fine. Put cheese and soup in a crockpot, add tomatoe mixture. Heat until melted, stirring occasionally so won't scorch.

I brown 2 lbs hamburger and add to cheese mixture also. This will fill a crockpot. Can cut recipe in half, just freeze half the tomatoe mixture for future use.

bevischief
02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Cheese and Pepper Dip
1 can stewed tomatoes, I use Hunt's Mexican style
1 small can chopped green chilies, drained
1 T. worchestershire sauce
onion powder, to taste
2 lbs Velvetta
2 cans cheddar cheese soup
Place first 4 ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until fine. Put cheese and soup in a crockpot, add tomatoe mixture. Heat until melted, stirring occasionally so won't scorch.

I brown 2 lbs hamburger and add to cheese mixture also. This will fill a crockpot. Can cut recipe in half, just freeze half the tomatoe mixture for future use.

sounds good.

Buehler445
02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I know it sounds weird to put worchestershire sauce in there, but it is really really focking fantastic?

Lonewolf Ed
02-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I know it sounds weird to put worchestershire sauce in there, but it is really really focking fantastic?

The English don't know how to cook beef but somehow came up with the best damned sauce ever! Worcestershire can liven up almost any dish.

Gonzo
02-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Smoked 3 racks of baby backs on my brand new Bradley smoker. It's really cool and low maintenance compared to my giant charcoal smoker, (especially in winter).
It auto feeds these wood biscuits on like a small conveyor belt type thing. It stayed at 200 degrees all day today.
We also had some shrimp coctail, deviled eggs, jalapeno poppers and the standard meats and cheeses.
The ribs were fricken awesome and I highly recommend that smoker to anyone in the market. They're expensive but work really damn well.
Posted via Mobile Device

HonestChieffan
02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Im gonna have another beer if GB stops the steelers again

gblowfish
02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
We had:
Tossed salad with mushrooms, shredded cheddar cheese and croutons
8 oz bacon wrapped filet minons
BBQ shrimp on skewers
Baked Potato
Garlic Bread