PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Thomas Remembered. 7 sack game

Gracie Dean
02-08-2011, 04:43 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eJFStDDAdAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gracie Dean
02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CWjUBanzwtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
02-08-2011, 04:59 PM
I'll never forget that game. Seven sacks, and we ended up losing because he couldn't pull down No. 8. A performance for the ages wasted, and nobody remembers it but us.

Nice little microcosm of what it is to be a Chiefs fan. :shake:

J Diddy
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
First Chiefs game I could ever remember watching. DT hooked me that day, but I should have known.

We seem to do great things, just not when it matters most.

Gracie Dean
02-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I have been trying to find the picture of DT sitting on his helmet during a downpour that delayed a Sunday evening game I think back in 1998

Hammock Parties
02-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I have been trying to find the picture of DT sitting on his helmet during a downpour that delayed a Sunday evening game I think back in 1998

http://i54.tinypic.com/fnekg6.jpg

Gracie Dean
02-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Clay, that is great. Thank you

bowener
02-08-2011, 06:29 PM
The NFL didn't count strip fumbles on the QB as a sack back then, right? Did they count half sacks his whole career too?

If no to at least one of those, I am very curious to know what his total sacks actually ended up being.

Kraus
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM

That was an awesome game.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
The NFL didn't count strip fumbles on the QB as a sack back then, right? Did they count half sacks his whole career too?

If no to at least one of those, I am very curious to know what his total sacks actually ended up being.

No, all that shit counted.

bowener
02-08-2011, 06:36 PM
No, all that shit counted.

Ok, thanks!

mlyonsd
02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I was there. We lost. It sucked.

Brock
02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
The secondary was like "okay, clock ran out, game's over".

RedNFeisty
02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Watching Derrick Thomas, play football made my blood pump and the adrenaline rush. DT was amazing, thrilling to watch.

Kraus
02-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I must be thinking of a different game then, I thought that was the monsoon game against Seattle where the game was delayed a couple times due to weather.

Valiant
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Watching Derrick Thomas, play football made my blood pump and the adrenaline rush. DT was amazing, thrilling to watch.

Yeah DT's play is what Arrowhead experience used to be like.. Fast, explosive and always going all out, the crowd mimicked him.. I miss those 90s crowds.. But hard to repeat with the players we have now and the costs of tickets..

Valiant
02-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I must be thinking of a different game then, I thought that was the monsoon game against Seattle where the game was delayed a couple times due to weather.

That game was amazing.. Water was bouncing up like two feet.. No part of anyone there was dry..

Gracie Dean
02-08-2011, 08:14 PM
That game was amazing.. Water was bouncing up like two feet.. No part of anyone there was dry..

I remember one camera showed pouring water out of the stands like it was a waterfall

KcMizzou
02-08-2011, 08:22 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0562/1962/130457_feature.jpg

suzzer99
02-08-2011, 08:33 PM
That is an awesome pic.

DT's sack-safety of Steve Young at Arrowhead (when we had Montana so there was a big bragging-rights thing) is probably the second most exciting play I've seen live. First is Tamarick Vanover's punt return TD in overtime on Monday night vs. the Chargers.

I can't help but think of some similarities with E. Berry making the pro-bowl his rookie year, or Tony G's first year when it was obvious he was going to be something special.

RedNFeisty
02-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah DT's play is what Arrowhead experience used to be like.. Fast, explosive and always going all out, the crowd mimicked him.. I miss those 90s crowds.. But hard to repeat with the players we have now and the costs of tickets..

Yes, all you had to do was listen to the crowd, it was thunder on the horizon. I miss the roar of the crowd, it is nothing compared to the 90's.

chasedude
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
I was there and soaked.

After the storm passed and alot of the pussy fans left, my friend and I went down to the seats behind the Seahawks bench. We had a great time heckling Moon calling him a "Wife Beater"

Memorable Game

We miss you DT.

Gracie Dean
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I was there and soaked.

After the storm passed and alot of the pussy fans left, my friend and I went down to the seats behind the Seahawks bench. We had a great time heckling Moon calling him a "Wife Beater"

Memorable Game

We miss you DT.

we sure do

Halfcan
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I'll never forget that game. Seven sacks, and we ended up losing because he couldn't pull down No. 8. A performance for the ages wasted, and nobody remembers it but us.

Nice little microcosm of what it is to be a Chiefs fan. :shake:

:thumb: You said it! I was at that game and DT had Krieg in his grasp but the ref let the play go and he wiggled out. I was sooo bummed walking out of that stadium.

DT wanted the win for his dad that day and the fly over pumped him up until he was unstoppable. He was being double and triple teamed. I remember him just tossing the rb out of the way like rag dolls.

Halfcan
02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I was there and soaked.

Memorable Game

We miss you DT.

:thumb: I was actually there as well. Moon just sat there with his helmet on trying to act like he was going to be put back in. I was shocked when he decided to come here and play after the beating he took by the fans.

threebag
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
in that game with the heavy rain didnt DT lay on his back and make "rain angels"?