PDA

View Full Version : Football Mickey Mantle's greatest Yankee moment...

Hammock Parties
02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Truly inspiring.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JAtlQGqPg_M/TUrFwIX7v_I/AAAAAAAAEaw/GLsNeKHyNeQ/s1600/mantle-letter1.png

Ebolapox
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
ROFL

stlchiefs
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
That's hilarious. I found it hard to believe, but snopes actually confirmed the Micks response as legit. :)

arrowheadnation
02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
From what my dad tells me, that was kind of Mantle's MO. I've been a sports memorabilia collector for a number of years. A few years back, an interesting Mantle autographed baseball came up for sale. The story behind it was that the lawyer that represented Mantle's wife in their divorce trial asked Mickey to sign a baseball for him after the court proceedings. Mantle took the ball, made his mark, and gave it back to him. When he examined the signature, he saw that Mantle had added a note below his name. It said "Mickey Mantle F*CK YOU!" I think the ball actually brought about $300-400 more than a normal Mantle ball.

teedubya
02-09-2011, 02:29 AM
A know a guy who owned a baseball card shop... and at an auction he had obtained these business card sized thing that the old owner of Coca Cola used to use to write him name in gold.

Well, this kid got Mickey Mantle to sign his name in gold on this baseball. Baddest fucking thing ever. I saw this with my own eyes... it had the original gold card attached to the back of the baseball.

Sofa King
02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Heh. It woulda been awesome to be a Yankee during those times.