PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question regarding Universal Studios Orlando

luv
02-09-2011, 10:34 PM
So far, through Allegiant Air, I can fly out on a Wednesday afternoon, home on the following Monday morning, get a one day pass to Busch Gardens in Tampa, and a one day ticket to Universal Studios Orlando, all for $330.85 (including taxes and fees), not including hotel or car.

My question is this: Is one day enough for Universal Studios? Or should I spend $28 more for a three day pass?

Just in the thought stages right now. Looking at options.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, I am not planning on going to Disney World.

Rain Man
02-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I think I went there about a dozen years ago, and for an adult one day was enough.

Maybe if you like riding rides and go in peak season, the lines are long enough to warrant more than one day, but I remember kind of shrugging after a while and moving on. And that included watching a rollerblading race that was going on for about an hour.

luv
02-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I think I went there about a dozen years ago, and for an adult one day was enough.

Maybe if you like riding rides and go in peak season, the lines are long enough to warrant more than one day, but I remember kind of shrugging after a while and moving on. And that included watching a rollerblading race that was going on for about an hour.

I just think there would be so much to see and do. I might as well go ahead and get the three day for just $28 more. Even If I only go for two days, it would be worth it to have just in case.

02-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Last time I was there was in 1990 when the back to the future ride first came out. you get a discount if you go in with a fla license if I remember right.

I had a blast there. there are bars all over the place and the characters (mae west and wc fields etc) walk right into the bar. I did 2 1/2 yards of beer in thos chug glasses and had a serious peeing problem in the park after that. but it was fun as hell! have fun!

CoMoChief
02-09-2011, 10:46 PM
This isn't really vacation time for lots of people as school starting back up for most parent's kids...you're also going in the middle of the week so I wouldn't think it's too bad of a crowd...one day should be enough if you get there when the park opens.

And if you're staying at a hotel..I'd imagine they would have shuttle service to the parks...don't know why you'd need a car unless you plan on going out at night or something.

Bearcat
02-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Guess you got a new job, huh? Heh... I did it in a day, but it was with someone who knew the park and knew which rides/shows we had to go on/to, etc; and I tend to move quickly, find the stuff I want to do, and get out. There's plenty to do in Orlando if you end up not going the 3rd day or whatever.

Al Bundy
02-09-2011, 10:49 PM
So far, through Allegiant Air, I can fly out on a Wednesday afternoon, home on the following Monday morning, get a one day pass to Busch Gardens in Tampa, and a one day ticket to Universal Studios Orlando, all for $330.85 (including taxes and fees), not including hotel or car.

My question is this: Is one day enough for Universal Studios? Or should I spend $28 more for a three day pass?

Just in the thought stages right now. Looking at options.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, I am not planning on going to Disney World.

One day is enough.

luv
02-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Guess you got a new job, huh? Heh... I did it in a day, but it was with someone who knew the park and knew which rides/shows we had to go on/to, etc; and I tend to move quickly, find the stuff I want to do, and get out. There's plenty to do in Orlando if you end up not going the 3rd day or whatever.

I'm taking one trip with some money put aside. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Busch Gardens isn't too pricey, I just thought US looked like a blast though. The three day also includes Adventure Island? Also something about a Street Walk thing.

I always end up driving to KC. I mean, I love it up there, but I want to go someplace different. I also think all of this damned snow has me dreaming of warmer climates. We'll see what I decide later. Not making official plans yet. Just pricing some options.

Al Bundy
02-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm taking one trip with some money put aside. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Busch Gardens isn't too pricey, I just thought US looked like a blast though. The three day also includes Adventure Island? Also something about a Street Walk thing.

I always end up driving to KC. I mean, I love it up there, but I want to go someplace different. I also think all of this damned snow has me dreaming of warmer climates. We'll see what I decide later. Not making official plans yet. Just pricing some options.

If you go down there I strongly recommend taking a drive across the sunshine skyway.

02-09-2011, 10:59 PM

I always end up driving to KC. I mean, I love it up there, but I want to go someplace different. I also think all of this damned snow has me dreaming of warmer climates. We'll see what I decide later. Not making official plans yet. Just pricing some options.ummmmmmm ROFL

luv
02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
ummmmmmm ROFL

CityWalk. My bad. LMAO

02-09-2011, 11:02 PM
CityWalk. My bad. LMAOThat was a pretty big slip up there. :D

Frankie
02-09-2011, 11:04 PM

NO. NOT ENOUGH. Get the 3 day pass.

Rain Man
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I was going to suggest considering southern California to do Disney or California Adventure or Knott's Berry Farm, because I just got round trip tickets from Denver to Orange County for under $150. Astoundingly cheap.

Then I went to Orbitz and looked for you. Round trip from Springfield to Orange County is over $1,000. That's just bizarre.

My parents live in Springfield, and fares to Springfield are always staggeringly high.

Oh, I went and looked at flights from Branson, which is our little secret for flying into Springfield. However, they're still over $400 to Orange County. So.... never mind.

luv
02-09-2011, 11:14 PM
I was going to suggest considering southern California to do Disney or California Adventure or Knott's Berry Farm, because I just got round trip tickets from Denver to Orange County for under $150. Astoundingly cheap.

Then I went to Orbitz and looked for you. Round trip from Springfield to Orange County is over $1,000. That's just bizarre.

My parents live in Springfield, and fares to Springfield are always staggeringly high.

Oh, I went and looked at flights from Branson, which is our little secret for flying into Springfield. However, they're still over $400 to Orange County. So.... never mind.

Because the number of airlines flying through here are pretty limited. Allegiant Air is CHEAP, but very restricted on days and times of flights. Works for me, since I don't have a set schedule, though.

Bearcat
02-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Sounds like a good deal... never been to Tampa, but Orlando is fun to visit. I was there for a weekend in October, and stayed at Holiday Inn (http://goo.gl/maps/zwmR) for like $50/night through hotels.com. Granted, I wasn't there for the parks, it was only 7-10 from Disney.

Royal Fanatic
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
One day may have been enough many years ago, but they add new attractions every year. I took my family there last year, and we used the entire 3-day pass.

If you plan to visit the Harry Potter attraction, you need to get there about an hour BEFORE the gates open. It may sound foolish, but you'll be glad you waited in line for an hour at the start of the day. The lines later in the day get ridiculously long.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
02-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Drop the coin on the 3 day pass. The amusement park has lots to do and you can re-ride some of the rides. The movie park also has rides and cool stuff to check out. Also, for a hotel check out the Doubletree. It's litterally at the entrance to the park. Remodeled back in 2007. There is a TGI Friday's there and then you have all of the food joints at City Walk. Good value.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
02-10-2011, 12:34 AM
This times 100X~

One day may have been enough many years ago, but they add new attractions every year. I took my family there last year, and we used the entire 3-day pass.

If you plan to visit the Harry Potter attraction, you need to get there about an hour BEFORE the gates open. It may sound foolish, but you'll be glad you waited in line for an hour at the start of the day. The lines later in the day get ridiculously long.

Phobia
02-10-2011, 12:53 AM
I would set aside money for when you need money that you've set aside. But I'm really not very disciplined with my own money so what do I know?

Over-Head
02-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Go for the 3 day pass Luv, you'll be glad you did.
IIRC Disney/Universal have no expiery limits on thier tickets. I showed up at Disney in 97', with my ex-wife and used a set of passes I found at mom and dads in a suitcase pocket we borrowed that still had 2 days on them from a family trip we took in 82'.

Al Bundy
02-10-2011, 08:03 AM
I have to agree with Marty I suppose, I only ever go for the Halloween Haunted Nights so I only ever have the one day pass.

FlaChief58
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
If you have kids, go fo the extra day. If not then 1 day is plenty especially this time of year.

The Franchise
02-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Go for the 3 day pass Luv, you'll be glad you did.
IIRC Disney/Universal have no expiery limits on thier tickets. I showed up at Disney in 97', with my ex-wife and used a set of passes I found at mom and dads in a suitcase pocket we borrowed that still had 2 days on them from a family trip we took in 82'.

Tickets expire 14 days after you start using them. That's at least how it is at Disneyland.

The Franchise
02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Tickets expire 14 days after you start using them. That's at least how it is at Disneyland.

Actually not 14 days.

From Disney's website.

Do the tickets expire?

All tickets must be used by a specific date, which is typically sometime within one year of purchase. E.g. you may not purchase a park hopper in 2010 and use it in 2012. In addition, park hopper tickets expire 13 days after the first use, even if there are unused days left.

Chief Chief
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
What month will you be in Orlando? There's a big difference between going to the parks in February/March and going to them in June/July.

Chief Chief
02-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Also, I am not planning on going to Disney World.

Mickey's gonna be so pissed...

luv
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
What month will you be in Orlando? There's a big difference between going to the parks in February/March and going to them in June/July.

Was thinking March/April.

Bump
02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
2 days would be better, they have the original park with the movie stuff which was awesome and I went to the new park with all of the bad ass roller coasters and 3D spider man ride. 1 day each, you won't regret it.

BigRedChief
02-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Was thinking March/April.You come during Spring break expect middle of the summer crowds. You have to get a 3 day pass. There is just too much to see and do. It may be the only time you ever get to see the park.

City walk is really cool. Must see.

Sea World is much better than Bush Gardens.

bevischief
02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
http://worldvisionportal.org/wordpress/

luv
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
You come during Spring break expect middle of the summer crowds. You have to get a 3 day pass. There is just too much to see and do. It may be the only time you ever get to see the park.

City walk is really cool. Must see.

Sea World is much better than Bush Gardens.

Doesn't Busch Gardens have a lot of roller coasters though?

BigRedChief
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Doesn't Busch Gardens have a lot of roller coasters though?oh yeah. my fav
http://www.buschgardens.com/BGT/Explore/Rides.aspx?id=597

luv
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
oh yeah. my fav
http://www.buschgardens.com/BGT/Explore/Rides.aspx?id=597

I'm much more into roller coasters than I am getting wet.

When is Spring Break exactly?

BigRedChief
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm much more into roller coasters than I am getting wet.

When is Spring Break exactly?mid to late march

02-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Mickey's gonna be so pissed...
http://www.mindstyle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MadMickey.jpg

JD10367
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Universal has two parks now, the original (which is pretty outdated and sleepy) and the newer one with the coasters. Last time I went to the original, it was pretty run-down, sparsely populated, and old-looking. One day might be enough, doing just the new side.

Sea World is great and worth a day, if you like animals.

Busch Gardens is also worth a day, but you do need to get from Orlando to Tampa, which is about a 75-minute drive. I used to live just outside Busch Gardens and I could get to the Disney World parking lot in that amount of time.

Valiant
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I am sure it has been wrote. But wait to go until you have a job. It is good that you have put aside money, but this sounds foolish and possibly regretable months down the road if you end up needing the money.

chiefsnorth
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
I am sure it has been wrote. But wait to go until you have a job. It is good that you have put aside money, but this sounds foolish and possibly regretable months down the road if you end up needing the money.

Whoa, no kidding. Didn't you post about how you couldn't find any job that paid near what you made before? I would put this money to some better use or hold onto it rather than flush it on a vacation until you have a job. Sorry for the tough love, but...

I am sure whomever you are going with would understand wanting to wait until you are working

luv
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Thanks, Phil.

If I don't go now, I won't go. Either way, it's not looking like I will, so there you go.

Rain Man
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks, Phil.

If I don't go now, I won't go. Either way, it's not looking like I will, so there you go.

The challenge with travel is that you either have the money and no time, or you have the time and no money. I think a person just has to decide to do it and go, so I hope you have a good time.