PDA

View Full Version : Football Hammer Could Drop Soon on Auburn'$ Champion$hip

NaptownChief
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2011-articles/january/auburgeddeon-end-times-near.html (http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2011-articles/january/auburgeddeon-end-times-near.html)

Auburgeddeon - End Times Near (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/2011-articles/january/auburgeddeon-end-times-near.html)

The UGA blog Sports and Grits (http://sportsandgrits.blogspot.com/2011/01/auburns-future-lies-within-content-of.html) takes a day off from "cold-blooded sausage making" in Georgia to provide insight into the imbroglio in Alabama:

<HR>
Colonial Bank based in Birmingham, AL failed in August of 2009. The chairman of Colonial was Bobby Lowder who is also on the Auburn board of trustees. It is widely held that Lowder is the puppet master of Auburn's BOT and is the man who had Bill Muse removed as AD. Lowder is also the man who interviewed Bobby Petrino while T-Tubs was still under contract.
In 2009 the FDIC seized Colonial and sold its assets to BB&T, and began an investigation into all of Colonial's operations. It is believed that in the course of this investigation the FBI has found overwhelming proof of Auburn supplying the parents of football players with loans of which they were not required to pay back. It was also learned that Colonial bank had set up special accounts that were linked to ATM cards that were then issued to Auburn players giving them access to funds provided by boosters.
It is expected that in the next few weeks the Justice Department will had down indictments on Lowder and a number of Colonial executives over the TARP fraud. Now here is Auburn's problem. If the indictment specifies about the loans and the ATM linked accounts the NCAA will have no choice but to launch a full scale investigation. These actions, if true, dwarf the Alabama scandal of the 2000's that left Bama one vote shy of the Death Penalty.
If true Auburn will test the alleged "SMU Rule" that no other program would ever get the DP. Mike Slive is bracing for this and has apparently informed Auburn that the Conference can do nothing to help. This makes us wonder if Slive and the SEC offices have been tipped off that the pay for play scandal will be named in the indictments. Behind the scenes on all of this it would appear that Slive has been in negotiations with the NCAA to hand down a punishment that would leave the Auburn National title in tact while stripping Newton of his Heisman. The negotiations would also keep Auburn from the DP and in turn prevent Slive from having to consider removing Auburn from the SEC. This is especially important for Slive who is nearing the end of his time as SEC commish and is looking to make one more big move to cement his legacy as Commish and that move is expanding the conference to 16 teams. Slive has apparently been planning the move for a few years and almost let the PAC-10 and Big-10 beat him to the punch. With the current Texas Network mess going on in the Big-12 Slive is waiting to pounce on A&M and maybe Oklahoma as well (however there is no interest in Oklahoma St and if Oklahoma balks over that issue the SEC will move on).

mnchiefsguy
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Can't say I am surprised...that whole situation seemed dirty from the get go.

DJ's left nut
02-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Holy shit.

Auburn will get absolutely hammered if that stuff is proven true. I can't see them avoiding the death penalty, SMU rule be damned.

NaptownChief
02-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Can't say I am surprised...that whole situation seemed dirty from the get go.

The group I trust less than Aurburn, the Newton's and the SEC is the NCAA. They way to tried to brush their hands of this so quickly without even the slightest suspension for Newton was way too suspicious. Sure looked like the investigators handling the matters for the NCAA were given the same Colonial Bank ATM cards the players were given.

ROYC75
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Wonderful, Auburn cheats and the B12 teams pay ?

WOW!:rolleyes:

Bambi
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
posted 2 weeks ago?

NaptownChief
02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
posted 2 weeks ago?

Sure.....we are talking about the government here...any movement in the next 6 months on this will be "quick" by their standard.

Bambi
02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Sure.....we are talking about the government here...any movement in the next 6 months on this will be "quick" by their standard.

I'm just saying I haven't heard from any reliable news organization about this particular story.

It's posted on a Georgia blog January 28th. Not exactly breaking...

FAX
02-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Wow. Methinks people in the South like their football just a little too much.

FAX

Mile High Mania
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I'd be shocked if you couldn't find something similar with 10 other schools that rank in the top 50.

NaptownChief
02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd be shocked if you couldn't find something similar with 10 other schools that rank in the top 50.

Me either and I bet 8 or 9 of them compete for the same conference championship every year. ROFL

Toadkiller
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Does this mean my Ducks did win the National Championship.

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Does this mean my Ducks did win the National Championship.

Nope. The Sooners got hosed to when they took USC's title after the Bush scandle.

tomahawk kid
02-10-2011, 02:46 PM
This sounds like a bunch of rumors and hoping by 'Bama fans......

Dayze
02-10-2011, 02:50 PM
This sounds like a bunch of rumors and hoping by 'Bama fans......

how do you mean? Just curious.

eazyb81
02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
This stuff is really old, and the LSU board Tiger Droppings went into even more detail within a day or two of the Newton news surfacing.

At this point though, the fact that there has been absolutely no new info on this story from legit media sources makes me believe nothing will end up happening.

There are a lot of accusations and stories, but no proof thus far.

LiveSteam
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
ya know dam well Poppa Newton took money. Its not the first or last time you will see Auburn or Bama in trouble for NCAA violations. Every time they win = trouble. I would be shocked if anything ever happens to Bama on Sabins watch. But chin Chizzzzzzy at Auburn.
that dudes a fucking loser,just like me:thumb: