PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Does MMA & UFC test for steroids?

googlegoogle
02-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Heard only a few get tested.

If so then i will lose interest.

Buck
02-11-2011, 04:21 AM
Chael Sonnen got caught not too long ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-11-2011, 04:36 AM
http://asteroidapophis.com/

raybec 4
02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
The athletic comissions that sanction the fights take pre and post fight samples. Athletes are subject to the same rules and regulations as boxing and receive suspensions or bans for the use of PED's or illegal drugs.

Shogun
02-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Yes, All of the UFC fighters under contract do, no matter what state they are fighting in.

All other states are subject to the commission

They take A and B samples

For those who are not aware of or confused as to what the "B" sample is, here's a brief breakdown:

When a fighter is tested he only provides one sample (In layman's terms: he only pisses one time).

The sample cup is then sealed with tamper proof tape and shipped to the test facility. Once the sample arrives at the test facility it is opened and poured into two separate containers. One is labeled sample "A" and the other is labeled sample "B". Sample "A" is then screened (usually for drugs of abuse and PED's) while sample "B" is stored. If sample "A" comes back clean both samples are destroyed (flushed/poured down the drain). If sample "A" comes back positive for drugs of abuse or PED's then sample "B" is retrieved from storage and run through a more in-depth battery of tests.

A very strict chain of custody is maintained during this entire process and any break in the chain of custody makes the sample (no matter what the test results are) void.

TheGuardian
02-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Heard only a few get tested.

If so then i will lose interest.

Why would you lose interest, and why do you care if guys are using?

Otter
02-11-2011, 08:26 AM
"MMA" is a fighting style.

The UFC is an organization.

"MMA" can't check for steroids any more than yodeling can check for herpes.

suds79
02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Why would you lose interest, and why do you care if guys are using?

This.

I'm sure they do and by glancing at the first few replies it seems they do. But I've never even pondered the question because I don't care what some other guy does to his own body.

Furthermore, it's pointless in caring about that stuff the way I see it. Sure you can test. That's fine. But there will always be a certain percentage of guys in any sport that cheat because they're looking for the latest thing that can't be tested. So the playingfield will never be completely level among all the athletes.

BigCatDaddy
02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
I guess you really never had much interest in MLB either then.

Sofa King
02-11-2011, 09:17 AM
"MMA" is a fighting style.

The UFC is an organization.

"MMA" can't check for steroids any more than yodeling can check for herpes.

lol.

i'd rep this post if i had any.

BigCatDaddy
02-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Google it next time.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
An argument could be made that the public wants to see juiced up gladiators. Does anyboy want to watch some skinny flabby guys in underwear? Lets be honest, this is what made WWE wrestling so popular. Big muscular guys.

Sofa King
02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
http://mmavalor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/roy-nelson-2.jpg

Brock
02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
An argument could be made that the public wants to see juiced up gladiators. Does anyboy want to watch some skinny flabby guys in underwear? Lets be honest, this is what made WWE wrestling so popular. Big muscular guys.

Some of the most popular guys in MMA are neither big nor particularly muscular. If these guys want to juice, fine, but it has nothing to do with popularity.