PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jim Zorn named QB coach...

dallaschiefsfan
02-15-2011, 10:02 AM
From Josh Looney' Twitter:

Chiefs have named Jim Zorn Quarterbacks coach...story coming soon on KCChiefs.com

DaKCMan AP
02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Interesting..

DMAC
02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/Jim%20Zorn%20meal.jpg

dirk digler
02-15-2011, 10:05 AM
I like it

DaFace
02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
HALEY IS CALLING THE PLAYS???!?
Posted via Mobile Device

Extra Point
02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Great news! To the ship! Then, we fish!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-15-2011, 10:13 AM
That's a Damn good hire imo. Zorn was excellent in the same position up in Seattle. Snyder hired him to go from QB coach to Offensive coordinator then turned around and made him head coach when he couldnt find anyone better. Naturally, Zorn fell on his face. He was very good as a QB coach for Seattle and was instrumental in the grooming of Matt Hasslebeck.

58-4ever
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Another coach with loads of experience. Can't say I hate the hire.

DTLB58
I hate that guy :rolleyes:

penguinz
Could be an excellent hire.

DaKCMan AP
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
That's a Damn good hire imo. Zorn was excellent in the same position up in Seattle. Snyder hired him to go from QB coach to Offensive coordinator then turned around and made him head coach when he couldnt find anyone better. Naturally, Zorn fell on his face. He was very good as a QB coach for Seattle and was instrumental in the grooming of Matt Hasslebeck.

Flacco improved under Zorn as well.

RockChalk
I like the hire. A different opinion/new ideas for Mark Castle is a good thing

RockChalk
Flacco improved under Zorn as well.

Wasn't it Flacco that was pissed off a few weeks ago about Zorn being let go?

Brock
02-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow. That's all right.

Fairplay
Good move for the Chiefs.

-King-
Wasn't it Flacco that was pissed off a few weeks ago about Zorn being let go?

Yup. He and a few other teammates.

Good hire.
Posted via Mobile Device

Archie Bunker
02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Love it, takes a bit of the sting out of the Muir promotion.

milkman
02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I think this is a good hire.

Charlie Batch, a QB with limited talent, had a really productive rookie season under Zorn's guidance as QB coach, and Matt Hasselbeck had some very good seasons with Zorn as his coach.

Zorn, as a player, did more with little natural ability than anyone could/should have expected.

MOhillbilly
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
with no season muir gets his one year as OC and zorn takes over after the lockout.

BigRichard
http://loanworkout.org/wp-content/uploads/turd-polish.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
Flacco is another good point. 2 different offenses with QB's that to a degree, have question marks around them. Both improve markedly. This reeks of Awesomeness. I'm thrilled about this hire.

ModSocks
02-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice hire. Hopefully Mark Castle can take the next step forward.

Reaper16
02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't have any complaints about this hire.

The Bad Guy
02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
That's a homerun hire. The guy is probably one of the 3 best QB coaches in the league and QBs everywhere he's been have improved.

I think Zorn will have a lot of input in the passing offense, with Muir controlling the running.

It made a bad hire with Muir a little more tolerable.

WV
02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Hope he doesn't still have any Redskin stink on him.

RedThat
02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Flacco is another good point. 2 different offenses with QB's that to a degree, have question marks around them. Both improve markedly. This reeks of Awesomeness. I'm thrilled about this hire.

And I believe Flacco was upset when Baltimore got rid of him. So that says a lot.

The Bad Guy
02-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Flacco wasn't upset, he was furious. He was on Sirius the day it happened saying how it was an awful move for the organization and how much Zorn taught him.

DaKCMan AP
02-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Joe Flacco On Jim Zorn Firing: 'I'm Not Happy About It'

Last week, the Baltimore Ravens fired their quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn, despite Joe Flacco having the best statistical year of his career. The star quarterback told Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times on Friday what he thinks of the firing.

"I'm not happy about it, and they know I'm not happy about it," Flacco said.

He went on to explain how he feels personally attacked by the personnel move.

"I also feel like a little bit like I'm being attacked. You fire the quarterback coach. Usually when your fire a position coach, it's because you're not really happy with how that position did," Flacco said. "And when I look back on my season and our season as a team, I mean, we won 13 games. I felt like I had a pretty good year and you're firing the quarterback coach? t's kind of an attack on me, I feel like."

Flacco continued, saying that the Ravens will be successful in the future and he would have liked Zorn to be a part of it.

The 26-year-old threw for 3,622 and 25 touchdown passes in 2010.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/31/joe-flacco-jim-zorn-firing-ravens_n_816119.html

DTLB58
02-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Let's hope Haley doesn't let him do this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-U_7EIUVHM

Mr. Flopnuts
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
If Haley choked on play calling again, I have no doubt Zorn could be a very good O coordinator.

milkman
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.kcchiefs....a3-42aa36ab5b90 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Jim-Zorn-Named-Chiefs-Quarterbacks-Coach/c1d5aa22-5f6e-4754-a4a3-42aa36ab5b90)

Jim Zorn Named Chiefs Quarterbacks Coach
By Josh Looney

Posted 11 minutes ago

Zorn brings quarterback expertise with him to Kansas City
http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/article-images/zorn_250_2_15_11.jpg

Chiefs Head Coach Todd Haley left the door open for further staff additions during offensive coordinator Bill Muir's introductory teleconference 12 days ago. That possibility became a reality when Jim Zorn flew to Kansas City this morning and inked a contract to become the Chiefs next quarterbacks coach.

The addition of Zorn gives the Chiefs a tenured quarterbacks coach with unequivocal responsibility for the continued development Matt Casselhttp://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/matt-cassel/5fbc174a-bfb6-45f9-9559-0bb09433efd4/).

A former NFL signal caller and 23-year coaching veteran, Zorn has worked with quarterbacks his entire professional career and received positive reviews from each of the quarterbacks that he's tutored along the way.

Last season, Zorn served as quarterbacks coach in Baltimore and guided QB Joe Flacco to the best season of his three-year NFL career. Flacco passed for a career-high 3,622 yards and tossed 25 TDs. He also posted a 103.4 quarterback rating over Baltimore's final 14 games to rank as the NFL's second-best passer over that timeframe.

It wasn't any coincidence that the Ravens posted an 11-3 record in those final 14 contests.

Flacco's breakout season completed a three-franchise sweep for Zorn. In each of his three NFL coaching stops (Seattle, Washington and Baltimore) Zorn has guided a starting quarterback to a career season.

In 2007, Zorn tutored Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck to a franchise-record 3,966 passing yards and left Hasselbeck as that franchise's most-efficient passer. Hasselbeck is the only Seahawks quarterback to pass for 3,000-plus yards in three consecutive seasons since Zorn did so as a player from 1978-80. Hasselbeck also set single-season marks for completions (352), touchdowns (28) and passer rating (91.4) in 2007.

In addition to his specialty in directing quarterback play, Zorn also adds more head coaching experience to Kansas City's staff, having served as Washington's head coach from 2008-09.

During Zorn's time in Washington, QB Jason Campbell posted the two best seasons of his five-year NFL career, throwing for a career-high 3,618 yards and a career-best 20 TDs in 2009.

Unlike many of the Kansas City's previous staff additions, Zorn and Haley have no previous ties to one another. But while the two have never coached on the same sideline, the pair does seem to carry the same vision when it comes to directing effective quarterback play.

Throughout his tenure in Washington, Zorn described his coaching approach as "constant and consistent." Zorn's head coaching philosophy centered on his teams playing smart, steady, mistake-free football. Each of those aspects has been a point of emphasis under Haley in Kansas City.

Zorn's hiring signals a shift in staff structure as Zorn is the first Kansas City assistant to carry a "quarterbacks" title since Haley took over as head coach in 2009.

Throughout Haley's head coaching tenure, the primary responsibility for directing quarterback play has fallen on the shoulders of the offensive coordinator. Chan Gailey, Charlie Weis and Haley himself have all had previous success working with quarterbacks at the NFL level.

Those duties shifted this off-season with the promotion of Muir to offensive coordinator.

With Muir's expertise coming in offensive line play, the need for a proven and experienced quarterbacks coach became a priority. Zorn clearly fills that void.

As a player, Zorn made 106 starts over an 11-year playing career (1976-84) completing 1,669 passes for 21,115 yards with 111 TDs. Nine of those seasons came in Seattle (1976-84) where Zorn entered the league undrafted.

The Jim Zorn File

2011: Kansas City Chiefs – Quarterbacks

2010: Baltimore Ravens (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/) - Quarterbacks

2008-09: Washington Redskins (http://www.redskins.com/) – Head Coach

2000-07: Seattle Seahawks (http://www.seahawks.com/) – Quarterbacks

1998-00: Detroit Lions (http://www.detroitlions.com/) – Quarterbacks

1997: Seattle Seahawks – Offensive Assistant

1995-96: University of Minnesota – Quarterbacks

1992-94: Utah State – Offensive Coordinator

1989-91: Boise State – Quarterbacks (1989-90); Quarterbacks/Wide Receivers (1991)

1976-87: NFL Quarterback (Seattle, 1976-84; Green Bay, 1985; Tampa Bay, 1987)

doomy3
02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Excellent.

Oh, and this is a hire outside of "the tree," right?

Mr. Flopnuts
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/31/joe-flacco-jim-zorn-firing-ravens_n_816119.html

That's okay Joe. When we bounce your asses out of the playoffs, Jim will play a big part in it.

Kerberos
So if Casshole doesn't improve under Zorns tutelage do we then say Casshole sucks beyond anyones coaching? Or do we give him another excuse and blame it on Zorn?

CHENZ A!
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm absolutely cool with this. I'd like to see us draft a QB for him to develop. Does Zorn have any connections to Pioli, Haley, Parcells, or Belichek? It seems like a guy with his credentials would get a lot of offers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Can he bring Flacco with him :shrug:

Bill Lundberg
02-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Awesome.

milkman
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM
So if Casshole doesn't improve under Zorns tutelage do we then say Casshole sucks beyond anyones coaching? Or do we give him another excuse and blame it on Zorn?

If Cassel fails to continue to progress and improve under Zorn, that will be a clear indictment of Cassel.

-King-
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM

This is Cassles make it or break it year. Either he proves that how he played in the middle of the year wasn't just a fluke, or he proves that he was just lucky and he really is a below average to average qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Nice. I like having a dedicated QB guy.

milkman
I'm absolutely cool with this. I'd like to see us draft a QB for him to develop. Does Zorn have any connections to Pioli, Haley, Parcells, or Belichek? It seems like a guy with his credentials would get a lot of offers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Given Zorn's history with Mike Holmgren, I'm surprised that the Browns didn't make a run at him.

Deberg_1990
If Cassel fails to continue to progress and improve under Zorn, that will be a clear indictment of Cassel.

Exactly. Zorn is a solid hire IMO.

DJ's left nut
02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Damn...very nice hire.

And I'll bet he's also being 'interviewed' to replace Muir next season. If he plays nice with Haley, Muir will get a gold watch and a quiet push out the door to make room for Zorn as the new OC.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-15-2011, 10:42 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Zorn's record with QB's speaks for itself. I also think Jim sees something in Matt, and it played a role in him coming here. Pretty fucking refreshing after the Muir promotion. I'm confident this is going to be a much bigger deal than a lot of people may realize right now. Flacco made a HUGE leap this year with an incredibly difficult schedule. Matt now has the same opportunity.

the Talking Can
02-15-2011, 10:44 AM
i like guys who have already had their shot at the HC gig as well. They should realize and be more at peace with their level in the coaching hierarchy. Ideally, if they're good at their job (of course)(and don't fight with Haley for the KFC skins at the bottom of the bucket like Weis did), you can hold on to them for awhile (yeah I'm talking to you Romeo, you can't leave us...)

Discuss Thrower
02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
RESUME PRINTING

Sofa King
good hire. nice work front office.

Old Dog
Great hire IMO.

KChiefs1
Love it!

Brock
i like guys who have already had their shot at the HC gig as well. They should realize and be more at peace with their level in the coaching hierarchy. Ideally, if they're good at their job (of course)(and don't fight with Haley for the KFC skins at the bottom of the bucket like Weis did), you can hold on to them for awhile (yeah I'm talking to you Romeo, you can't leave us...)

Zorn has no ego at all. He got his playcalling taken away from him in Washington (and replaced by a guy who was calling bingo in a rest home), and didn't quit.

ModSocks
02-15-2011, 10:52 AM
But why was he fired in Baltimore?

The Poz
02-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Not sure where Rotoworld is getting this from but apparently they're eluding to the fact that Zorn couldn't get along with the coaching staff (resulting in his firing?). Love the hire but I hope they have their facts wrong as Haley doesn't seem to be the easiest to get along with.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1354/chiefs-offense
CHIEFS NAME JIM ZORN AS QBS COACH
"Chiefs named Jim Zorn as quarterbacks coach.
We'd usually say we liked the move, but head coach Todd Haley has made it clear that he's running the offensive show in Kansas City, and Zorn's hiring in Baltimore last year seemed to upset chemistry between Ravens coaches and players. Zorn will work under Haley and new coordinator Bill Muir."

Deberg_1990
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Zorn's record with QB's speaks for itself. I also think Jim sees something in Matt, and it played a role in him coming here. Pretty ****ing refreshing after the Muir promotion. I'm confident this is going to be a much bigger deal than a lot of people may realize right now. Flacco made a HUGE leap this year with an incredibly difficult schedule. Matt now has the same opportunity.

Flacco was pissed when Zorn got fired.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dfd0f0/article/flacco-on-zorns-firing-i-dont-think-it-was-a-good-decision

KCFalcon59
02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Like the hire...Why didn't they just hire Zorn to be OC and QB coach. Seems like Muir will just be in the way.

milkman
02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Not sure where Rotoworld is getting this from but apparently they're eluding to the fact that Zorn couldn't get along with the coaching staff (resulting in his firing?). Love the hire but I hope they have their facts wrong as Haley doesn't seem to be the easiest to get along with.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1354/chiefs-offense
CHIEFS NAME JIM ZORN AS QBS COACH
"Chiefs named Jim Zorn as quarterbacks coach.
We'd usually say we liked the move, but head coach Todd Haley has made it clear that he's running the offensive show in Kansas City, and Zorn's hiring in Baltimore last year seemed to upset chemistry between Ravens coaches and players. Zorn will work under Haley and new coordinator Bill Muir."

Why are they eluding facts?

Deberg_1990
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
But why was he fired in Baltimore?

Because the Ravens offense didnt progress in the playoffs.

IMO, its more Flacco than anything. Hes solid, but not top tier. In the playoffs outside of the Chiefs game, hes really never done much.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Is bet money that Zorn was a scapegoat goat in the whole Al Saunders deal. Saunders has always been a drama queen, while Zorn has always kept his head down and his mouth shut. Their loss is unequivocally our gain.

suds79
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM

That's why you hedge your bets and draft a QB for a year or two down the road. You give Zorn a guy with all the physical tools like a Ryan Mallett.

If Cassel works out? Great.

If not? Well that sucks. Onto the next guy.

But I like the hire.

BigMeatballDave
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
NO WAY!1! THIS IS KNEE-JERK PLANET! LET'S ALL OVERRACT!1!

:)

DJ's left nut
02-15-2011, 10:59 AM
That's why you hedge your bets and draft a QB for a year or two down the road. You give Zorn a guy with all the physical tools like a Ryan Mallett.

But I like the hire.

Woah...I hadn't considered this possibility.

Anyone think this could signal a Locker/Mallet/Newton pick in the first round?

It's absolutely possible that we're bringing Zorn in to groom the new boss just as much as we're bringing him in to refine Cassel.

suds79
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM

It's absolutely possible that we're bringing Zorn in to groom the new boss just as much as we're bringing him in to refine Cassel.

Probably about a 5% chance. But a man can hope can't he? :grovel:

Just thoroughly convinced that Matt Cassel will never be great.

Extra Point
02-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Like the hire...Why didn't they just hire Zorn to be OC and QB coach. Seems like Muir will just be in the way.

NOBODY gets in the way of Muir and his meat and potatoes! (I don't see Muir here after two or years.)

Palko probably has a 4+ hour woody on this news, since Zorn was the "left handed Fran Tarkenton." I don't see Palko around next season, except at 3rd string. Color Croyle gone.

Maybe, "Luck" will be on our side after next season, if we choke on all these meat and taters.

Micjones
02-15-2011, 11:05 AM
An absolutely excellent hire.
Had we truly paired him with a competent OC we'd be off to a fabulous start to this off-season. At any rate, I'm happy with this move.

SAUTO
02-15-2011, 11:05 AM

IMO newton will go top 10

warrior
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Very good hire--------:thumb:

OnTheWarpath15
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Solid hire.

Now I hope they do the right thing and get him a young QB to work with.

Nightfyre
02-15-2011, 11:11 AM
I think the earlist we draft a qb would be ponder in the third maybe.

milkman
02-15-2011, 11:13 AM

Solid hire.

Now I hope they do the right thing and get him a young QB to work with.

I'd bet that we'd be looking at a 2nd to mid round prospect.

Someone like Ponder in the second, or Andy Dalton later.

seaofred
02-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Nice hire. I bet he has a hand in the passing game plan.

tomahawk kid
02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Solid, solid hire.

Agreed that I think he's going to have an impact of the passing gameplan.

The Franchise
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM

I don't think we'll take a QB in the 1st round (unless someone falls)......but I think we might take one around the 2nd-4th round range. Someone that isn't going to have to jump in right away....but can sit back and learn from Zorn over the next 1-2 years. Christian Ponder anyone?

Nightfyre
02-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Ponderponderponderponder

beach tribe
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Christian Ponder anyone?

YES PLEASE!
I would kill to get Ponder in the 2nd-3rd.

Great Hire BTW. Definitely offsets Muir quite a bit.

KurtCobain
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Andy Dalton sounds good now.

dirk digler
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't think we'll take a QB in the 1st round (unless someone falls)......but I think we might take one around the 2nd-4th round range. Someone that isn't going to have to jump in right away....but can sit back and learn from Zorn over the next 1-2 years. Christian Ponder anyone?

Good points. They are going to need to get a QB since we don't have a reliable backup

Mr_Tomahawk
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Did not watch Ponder at all...

Serious question,

Can he throw the ball beyond 10 yards?

I don't want to draft a noodle-arm to replace our noodle-arm...

Chiefnj2
02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
The passing game will improve when the team gets some receivers.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
The passing game will improve when the team gets a quarterback.

FYP.

The Franchise
02-15-2011, 11:27 AM
We actually need a QB and some receivers.

Chiefnj2
02-15-2011, 11:28 AM
FYP.

I know its fun to hate on Cassel. But KC has the worst receivers in the league. You know how I know it? Because they signed a guy off the street to START in the playoffs, three days before the playoff game. A guy off the street who nobody wanted was seen as a better option to start than the #2, #3, #4 and #5 guys that were on the roster the entire season.

DaWolf
02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
I think it's funny the media continuously rips Haley for supposedly not getting along with coaches and having an ego, yet he just hires a coach that was supposedly fired because another coach had too big of an ego to get along with Zorn.

This to me proves that Haley is not afraid of making hires he thinks will help the team. If Zorn and Haley can focus on the passing gameplan, and Muir and Carthon on the running gameplan, and they put it together during the week and Haley calls the plays, I have no issues with that. Now it just comes down to continuing to get better personnel on the roster...

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Outstanding hire.

I respected Zorn as a player and his influence as a QB coach is undeniable.

DJ's left nut
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Did not watch Ponder at all...

Serious question,

Can he throw the ball beyond 10 yards?

I don't want to draft a noodle-arm to replace our noodle-arm...

Ponder's weakness is definitely his arm strength and multiple injuries to his throwing arm (shoulder, no less).

I'm not terribly fond of him. I think his upside is a better version of Cassel, which is to say he will peak as Eli Manning. While I'd take that, it's also a pretty remote chance that everything will break correctly.

I'd take him in the third, but he won't make it that far. Dalton's a very similar animal but more likely to fall to the 3rd. The only QB out there that I see as a possible slide candidate that I would take in the 2nd is Locker.

And if we got Locker in the 2nd, I'd JIMP.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2011, 11:37 AM
And if we got Locker in the 2nd, I'd JIMP.

:Lin:

Mr. Laz
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
This makes me feel better about the situation.

The Franchise
02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't think he makes it to us....but I'd take Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd.

salame
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
nicely done

suds79
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
The passing game will improve when the team gets some receivers.

Not going to argue we have good WRs. So yes to an extent you're right. But for a long time I've largely believed that QBs make WRs.

Tom Brady succeeds nomatter who he's paired with. Same for Manning. Plug in about any WR and he makes it work.

No obviously it's unfair to compare those guys to Cassel. But you can find other examples. Who was Phillip Rivers throwing two? That guy would succeed nomatter who was in there.

OnTheWarpath15
02-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Not much of a fan of either, though at this point, I might just be happy that they at least took a fucking chance on a QB in R2-3.

I don't think my wish of a legit, R1, franchise caliber QB will ever be realized.

DJ's left nut
02-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't think he makes it to us....but I'd take Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd.

Damn, beat me to it. I was just coming back to edit my post to include him.

Zorn would be an awfully nice edition to the staff if it meant taking a guy with Kaepernick's talents and refining them into a legitimate NFL quarterback. He has a very steep learning curve, but Zorn may be just the guy for it.

So add him to my 2nd round QB list. Otherwise, I'd just wait until the 3rd or even the 4th and get the remainder of the Ponder/Dalton/Enderle/Santzi/Devlin group. I don't see a lot from any of those 5 guys to really pull them from the rest of the group. They're all pretty smart guys, most of them have played in a fairly pro-oriented system and they all have high marks for leadership and creativity while taking some hits for their arm strength. In fact, of the lot of them, Devlin might be my favorite. He's the biggest risk/reward guy. While he looks to have the most rough edges, he also appears to have the most upside (and by a fair amount).

mnchiefsguy
02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Very good hire. Not only a good coach, but it also shows that Haley/Pioli are willing to go outside coaching tree when they see a talented coach. Also, should Muir fall on his face and not be a good offensive cord., we have someone in the wings ready to step into the spot if needed.

The Franchise
02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't mind if they signed Drew Stanton either. Let Zorn work with him for a year and see what he has.

Dave Lane
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Zorn has no ego at all. He got his playcalling taken away from him in Washington (and replaced by a guy who was calling bingo in a rest home), and didn't quit.

No shit? OMFG what an insult :)

suds79
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Not much of a fan of either, though at this point, I might just be happy that they at least took a ****ing chance on a QB in R2-3.

This.

I like some QBs more than others but at some point, I just want them to do it. Regardless if I like the guy or not. At this way you can say they've tried. It's by far the most important position on the field, and this franchise never really takes a gamble in drafting one high.

Chief Faithful
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
That's a homerun hire. The guy is probably one of the 3 best QB coaches in the league and QBs everywhere he's been have improved.

I think Zorn will have a lot of input in the passing offense, with Muir controlling the running.

It made a bad hire with Muir a little more tolerable.

My thoughts exactly, Zorn is a great hire that will really prop-up the passing game under Muir.

Zorn is not only skilled as a QB coach he has always been known for his leadership skills, which is the right profile.

Chiefnj2
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Very good hire. Not only a good coach, but it also shows that Haley/Pioli are willing to go outside coaching tree when they see a talented coach. Also, should Muir fall on his face and not be a good offensive cord., we have someone in the wings ready to step into the spot if needed.

Muir isn't in a position to fail. It'll be Haley who fails.

dallaschiefsfan
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Yes to Andy Dalton...

Dave Lane
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Probably about a 5% chance. But a man can hope can't he? :grovel:

Just thoroughly convinced that Matt Cassel will never be great.

I think its about 75% chance. I think we will draft a QB fairly high this year. If for no other reason than they have seen what we have in Croyle and have to be very scared.

Bill Lundberg
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I think its about 75% chance. I think we will draft a QB fairly high this year. If for no other reason than they have seen what we have in Croyle and have to be very scared.

I don't think Croyle is on the team next year regardless. Isn't his contract up? I doubt we re-sign him.

teedubya
02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I ****ING HATE THIS HIRE!!!!

Just kidding, actually, I think it's great, but there is faaar too much agreement on this topic for me.

terrysheafanclub
02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't think Croyle is on the team next year regardless. Isn't his contract up? I doubt we re-sign him.

Croyle blows. Guy should not be on a NFL roster.

As for Zorn, horrible hire for Haley's future, but great hire for the franchise's future because Zorn will be the next head coach of the Chiefs.

wazu
02-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Glad to see this hire has been approved by ChiefsPlanet, and therefore by me.

The Bad Guy
02-15-2011, 12:50 PM

As for Zorn, horrible hire for Haley's future, but great hire for the franchise's future because Zorn will be the next head coach of the Chiefs.

Um, no chance. Zorn isn't a head coach.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Is Andy Dalton a realistic possibility?

His draft profile makes it sound as if he has a stronger, more accurate arm than Castle...

Brock
02-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Ha ha, what?

eazyb81
02-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Okay, this definitely makes up for the terrible Muir promotion, because we really just need a guru to babysit Cassel.

The playcalling alone can easily be handled by Haley/Muir.

Have to hand it to Clark, he keeps reaching into his wallet to hire top coordinators and assistants.

salame
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't mind if they signed Drew Stanton either. Let Zorn work with him for a year and see what he has.

this could work for our backup situation

LaChapelle
02-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Zorn and Crennel will be in a power struggle next season
to be the interm coach when Haley is fired mid-season
before Cowher buys a house in Leawood/next Warpaint editorial

eazyb81
02-15-2011, 01:02 PM

Which is key, since Cassel's ceiling is really Matt Hasselbeck, not a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.

Zorn will simply help us get the most out of Matt Cassel. His upside is a highly efficient QB that probably won't win game for you on his own, but will be accurate and not turn the ball over much.

FringeNC
02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
So Weis was QB coach and OC. Now Haley is OC, and Zorn is QB coach. As demanding Haley is, having a buffer like Zorn is probably good for Cassel.

Muir is just Haley's guy in the booth...

I'm not much worried about the coaching situation...Haley decided he didn't want a offensive coordinator, just a QB coach for Cassel. I don't think we will miss Weis.

the Talking Can
02-15-2011, 01:24 PM

i think it's more likely that claython would post a picture of a chick he likes that didn't look like a 14 year old boy...

MoreLemonPledge
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
this could work for our backup situation

NO BRODY SHOULD BE THE STARTER HE'S BETTER THAN CASTLE

milkman
02-15-2011, 01:39 PM

In what universe did you think this would pass as in intelligent post?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I think that this is a very good hire. The guy is a good QB coach, he's just a horrible HC.

milkman
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Which is key, since Cassel's ceiling is really Matt Hasselbeck, not a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.

Zorn will simply help us get the most out of Matt Cassel. His upside is a highly efficient QB that probably won't win game for you on his own, but will be accurate and not turn the ball over much.

With this hire, I believe that coordination of the offense is going to be a collaborative effort between Muir and Zorn, with Haley overseeing things and calling plays.

Bowser
02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I think that this is a very good hire. The guy is a good QB coach, he's just a horrible HC.

I won't argue that he's NOT a horrible HC, but it seems like Washington is a place where head coaches go to die.

Either way, love this signing. Cassel's going to be in the all important third year in Haley's system, and now he has a top notch QB coach to mentor him. Excellent.

HotRoute
02-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Muir + Zorn = Weis (IMO)

Hopefully these two guys paired up with Haley calling the shots the chiefs can be as productive if not more productive as they were in 2010

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2011, 02:00 PM
This is Cassles make it or break it year. Either he proves that how he played in the middle of the year wasn't just a fluke, or he proves that he was just lucky and he really is a below average to average qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can we get a contract in blood regarding this statement?

Huffman83
02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Good hire. Even as just a QB coach, that's still a good guy to have around and involved in the offense.

I wonder if the "Meat and Potatoes offense" that's been rumored will actually end up being more of a West Coast style offense now. But at this stage in the NFL West Coast has almost become meat and potatoes.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2011, 03:54 PM
When Haley is fired, Zorn will be our new HC.

seaofred
02-15-2011, 03:54 PM

The deal is done!

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Good hire. Even as just a QB coach, that's still a good guy to have around and involved in the offense.

I wonder if the "Meat and Potatoes offense" that's been rumored will actually end up being more of a West Coast style offense now. But at this stage in the NFL West Coast has almost become meat and potatoes.

Nah, there's no way that Haley dumps the Erhardt/Perkins offense. Zorn is the QB coach and will with Cassel on his mechanics, not design the offense.

Huffman83
02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
It wouldn't be a dump of the whole system I know, but would you be offended if you saw plays designed for Charles or McCluster to catch out of the back field?

DTLB58
02-15-2011, 04:09 PM

This is a very good point.

That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just with all the spread offenses these days and the crop of new young college QB's coming in this April's draft it sounds ultra conservative.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
This is a very good point.

That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just with all the spread offenses these days and the crop of new young college QB's coming in this April's draft it sounds ultra conservative.

:facepalm:

Todd Haley is NOT going to dump the Erhardt/Perkins offense because he hired Jim Zorn.

JFC.

RustShack
02-15-2011, 04:40 PM

ROFL

Idiot.

RealSNR
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
I know some people are joking, but some people on here seem to be serious about Zorn eventually becoming a head coach of the Chiefs.

Do any of you actually believe that Scott Pioli would hire a head coach from outside the Parcells/Belichick tree if/when Haley is fired?

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Really good hire for the Chiefs. They got some outstanding coaches on staff, no excuses for Cassel now.

KurtCobain
02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Really good hire for the Chiefs. They got some outstanding coaches on staff, no excuses for Cassel now.

There were no excuses last year. He should've played better with such a weak schedule and Weiss coaching him. Yeah, he played decent at the end of the year, but not when it really counted.

Zorn's going to have to whip out the hand of Midas this year just to get Cassel identical numbers to 2010.

suds79
02-15-2011, 04:57 PM

Yeah they said that last year.

I think in the end we all know who he is. An average NFL QB who you can call good when at his best.

Just will never be great.

RustShack
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I know some people are joking, but some people on here seem to be serious about Zorn eventually becoming a head coach of the Chiefs.

Do any of you actually believe that Scott Pioli would hire a head coach from outside the Parcells/Belichick tree if/when Haley is fired?

Well, hiring him would add him to the Pioli/Haley tree.. but with that said he will never be a HC here.

Thig Lyfe
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
As Jesus healed the lame, so shall Zorn improve the hopelessly shitty.

Tribal Warfare
02-15-2011, 06:30 PM

There will always be excuses for Cassel

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Zorn, as a player, did more with little natural ability than anyone could/should have expected.

I have always said those type of former players are the one's who make good coaches. Because, to play, they've had to think and study, and learn instead of relying on their natural gifts.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:17 PM
with no season muir gets his one year as OC and zorn takes over after the lockout.

I was thinking this as well. :thumb:

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:21 PM

If Cassel doesn't Andrew Luck will. :p

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Nah, there's no way that Haley dumps the Erhardt/Perkins offense. Zorn is the QB coach and will with Cassel on his mechanics, not design the offense.

Nope. Haley is definitely 100% calling the shots on offense. Where Zorn will really be a huge asset, though, is that I would be shocked if he wasn't heavily involved with preparing the passing game plan. Something the Chiefs badly needed, so Haley can spend more time Monday through Saturday focusing on coaching.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:25 PM

I think this is more evidence that Muir is OC in name only.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:29 PM

But I like the hire.

This year if we spend a pick on a QB, I hope it's a diamond in the rough that we get in the 2nd half of the draft. Depending on Cassel's performance in 2011, I will change that position to high drafty QB or even Luck-at-any-cost.

MahiMike
02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I like it. Another ex-head coach that Todd can refer to. Plus it gives him a chance to see if they mesh well enough to become OC after Muir. 3rd benefit of course is Cassel gets better.

I was pulling for Trent Green but guess he doesn't have the resume yet.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I think the earlist we draft a qb would be ponder in the third maybe.

Ponder was an early season favorite of mine, but he came down to earth in my book rather swiftly. I still love the fact that he is pretty smart and accomplished though.

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I think this is more evidence that Muir is OC in name only.

It means that Muir is going to be heavily involved with the gameplan. This move leads me to believe Muir is going to have most of the say in preparing the gameplan and getting the run offense set, and Zorn will prepare the passing gameplan.

On Sunday, Haley will call the plays with probably no input from Muir or Zorn.

This is what makes this year a lot different from 2009. In 2009, we didn't have a guy who could be a passing game coordinator.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:35 PM
We actually need a QB and some receivers.

And an offensive line. ;)

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
In fact, of the lot of them, Devlin might be my favorite. He's the biggest risk/reward guy. While he looks to have the most rough edges, he also appears to have the most upside (and by a fair amount).

I especially was thinking of him in my earlier post.

Mr. Laz
02-15-2011, 07:42 PM
It means that Muir is going to be heavily involved with the gameplan. This move leads me to believe Muir is going to have most of the say in preparing the gameplan and getting the run offense set, and Zorn will prepare the passing gameplan.

On Sunday, Haley will call the plays with probably no input from Muir or Zorn.

This is what makes this year a lot different from 2009. In 2009, we didn't have a guy who could be a passing game coordinator.
sooooooooooo let me get this straight

we are going to have 3 "chefs" in the offense

1. Zorn creates the passing game plan but then doesn't have anything to do with calling the passing plays.

2 Muir creates the rushing game plan but then doesn't have anything to d o with calling the running plays.

3. Haley doesn't create shit but then takes over and runs the offense on game day.

4. On gameday muir and zorn are just positional coaches

:doh!:

Hammock Parties
02-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Why would Zorn, who has a WCO background, prepare our passing game?

Makes no sense, and sounds like dumbass speculation.

milkman
02-15-2011, 07:43 PM

1. Zorn creates the passing game plan but then doesn't have anything to do with calling the passing plays.

2 Muir creates the rushing game plan but then doesn't have anything to d o with calling the running plays.

3. Haley doesn't create shit but then takes over and runs the offense on game day.

It's a process.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:44 PM
....here is faaar too much agreement on this topic for me.

Quite UnCP-like. :LOL: Isn't it?

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Which is key, since Cassel's ceiling is really Matt Hasselbeck, ....

:LOL:

Matt Casselbeck.

OK it's dumb, but I think it's funny.

dirk digler
02-15-2011, 07:49 PM

Sounds complicated

el borracho
02-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Great! Now all we need is a QB!

Frankie
02-15-2011, 07:52 PM

Huffman83
02-15-2011, 07:55 PM

Todd Haley is NOT going to dump the Erhardt/Perkins offense because he hired Jim Zorn.

JFC.

That's not what's being said. It's just saying there may be some more "west coast." styling done to the offense. Does that make you feel better?

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Why would Zorn, who has a WCO background, prepare our passing game?

Makes no sense, and sounds like dumbass speculation.

Umm...
It's been stated many times that Bill Muir has had a lot of input on the running game the past 2 seasons. He's a WCO guy too. In fact, the guy preparing the offensive gameplan spent his entire offensive coaching career in WCO.

It's not uncommon to have assistant coaches prepare gameplans. I'm sure Haley will be involved and have final say, Muir will do the majority of the legwork, and I'm sure Zorn will have input on route combos and call sheets. It's not like this is uncommon practice. There aren't going to be too many cooks in the kitchen. Haley has ultimate say. And Muir is the go-between that will keep it that way.

Rexx
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Nice hire Clark. I always like it when we hire a guy that I've actually heard of. Maybe he can take over the OC job after Muir gets run out.

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Umm...
It's been stated many times that Bill Muir has had a lot of input on the running game the past 2 seasons. He's a WCO guy too. In fact, the guy preparing the offensive gameplan spent his entire offensive coaching career in WCO.

It's not uncommon to have assistant coaches prepare gameplans. I'm sure Haley will be involved and have final say, Muir will do the majority of the legwork, and I'm sure Zorn will have input on route combos and call sheets. It's not like this is uncommon practice. There aren't going to be too many cooks in the kitchen. Haley has ultimate say. And Muir is the go-between that will keep it that way.

Before anyone says it, I forgot that he was o-line coach for the Jets.

KurtCobain
02-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice hire Clark.

Clark probably read this and happy to here you approved.

mcaj22
02-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Zorn has been a guy that can clearly polish a turd at QB

Hasselbeck
Campbell
Flacco

and now Mark fuckin Castle.

He can turn these bozos into above average players, it's very impressive actually what he does with garbage QBs.

BossChief
02-15-2011, 08:41 PM
This is a great hire!

This would have been a good hire as the full blown OC, but this is just a grand slam homerun and even better than him being hired as the OC.

I wanted a guy like McDaniels or Clements, but Zorn may well be a better fit overall than either. He has the experience Cassel needs to learn from and this allows Matt to have a guy dedicated to his development and is able to focus on such instead of splitting duties between OC and QB coach.

We may well have actually upgraded from Weis with this hire, in the big picture.

With Cassels work ethic and the tutelage of Zorn to help him continue to develop and work on the intricacies of the position with him, I am cautiously optimistic for the impact of this hire.

Now, lets hope Pioli does the right thing and drafts someone with talent to work with and compete with Cassel to make them both better.

RaidersOwnKC
02-15-2011, 08:46 PM
The Raiders are hiring stud coaches like Rod Woodson, Hue Jackson and Al Saunders while the Chiefs are hiring guys like Jim Zorn, and Bill Muir. LOL, Jim Zorn? What a terrible hire.

Washington and Baltimore couldn't wait to get rid of that guy.

Matt Cassel already sucks. He will suck even more after this hire.

Gotta love the Chiefs. Always settling for mediocrity.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM

Who is Oakland's QB again?

Reerun_KC
02-15-2011, 08:49 PM
The season cant get here fast enough... We went on an great ride last year... Next year is going to be off the hook!

Shogun
The Raiders are hiring stud coaches like Rod Woodson, Hue Jackson and Al Saunders while the Chiefs are hiring guys like Jim Zorn, and Bill Muir. LOL, Jim Zorn? What a terrible hire.

Ironic post is Ironic

Mr. Laz

let me the first with the response and the neg rep

go fuck yourself

RaidersOwnKC
Who is Oakland's QB again?

He's 2-0 against the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
02-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Better order some ice for Claywhit... He just got burned...

Brock
02-15-2011, 08:50 PM

I'll bet you think you're making some original points that nobody's ever mentioned before.

Huffman83
02-15-2011, 08:52 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/75378-TrollFace.png

Shogun
02-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Ron Woodson is unproved as a coach and Hue Jackson is unproved as a head coached and served with a lot of shit teams. Great studs!

We may be settling for Mediocrity, but we don't settle for complete and utter shit, that the Raiders spot in the NFL.

Big Chief Homer
02-15-2011, 08:55 PM

actually hes not dumbass, do your research.

RaidersOwnKC
02-15-2011, 08:56 PM
The season cant get here fast enough... We went on an great ride last year... Next year is going to be off the hook!

Off the Hook? Nobody says that anymore, dude.

And yes, you went on a ride last year because you had possibly the easiest schedule in NFL history. Next year you will play teams like the Steelers, Pats, Colts.

Believe me, the Chiefs won't win more then 6 games next year. Not with Todd Haley as your coach. Jason Whitlock is right on the money with him.

DBOSHO
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
RaidersownkcbutunfortuantelycantbeatthenfcwestoranyteamoutsidetheafcwestForthatmatter

Shogun
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Off the Hook? Nobody says that anymore, dude.

And yes, you went on a ride last year because you had possibly the easiest schedule in NFL history. Next year you will play teams like the Steelers, Pats, Colts.

Believe me, the Chiefs won't win more then 6 games next year. Not with Todd Haley as your coach. Jason Whitlock is right on the money with him.

Todd Haley took the Chiefs to a 10 win season, regardless of schedule.

Raiders havent won more than 8 games since 2002, and WERE mediocre

RealSNR
02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
The Raiders are hiring stud coaches like Rod Woodson, Hue Jackson and Al Saunders .Two of those three guys are rookies at the respective coaching spots. Considering Al's last few head coaching hires, there's absolutely zero reason to believe right now that those assholes will be any different.

Oh, and die of AIDS

DBOSHO
02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
The fade have probably had one of the top 3 easiest schedules each year since 2003.

RaidersOwnKC
02-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Todd Haley took the Chiefs to a 10 win season, regardless of schedule.

Raiders havent won more than 8 games since 2002, and WERE mediocre

Charlie Weis was more responsible for the Chiefs little improvement last year.

He left because he couldn't deal with Todd Haley's ego.

Todd Haley is an egomaniac of a head coach, and with him as head coach, the Chiefs will go nowhere. He's the new Josh McDaniels.

And yes, the Raiders haven't won more than ten games since 02, but guess what we did in 02? We won a playoff game. Something the Chiefs haven't done in ages.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Todd Haley is the new Josh McDaniels.

This is true.

McDaniels is everything Haley would like to be.

Huffman83
02-15-2011, 09:09 PM
I like Raiders fans who have such opinions and knowledge of the inner dealings of the Chiefs. It makes you go "hmmmmmm."

Shogun
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Charlie Weis was more responsible for the Chiefs little improvement last year.

He left because he couldn't deal with Todd Haley's ego.

Todd Haley is an egomaniac of a head coach, and with him as head coach, the Chiefs will go nowhere. He's the new Josh McDaniels.

And yes, the Raiders haven't won more than ten games since 02, but guess what we did in 02? We won a playoff game. Something the Chiefs haven't done in ages.

Why does the past matter when you're talking shit about now?

That just goes to show that you're grasping at straws right now and you have NOTHING other than quoting some lines out of a Jason Whitlock Article. None of His speculations have been 100% confirmed so really you are just trolling.

DBOSHO
02-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Haleys an egomaniac! I hang out with him everyday!

RaidersOwnKC
02-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Looks like I accomplished my mission.

Got you hillbillly's feathers ruffled up a bit.

Im out. :D

BossChief
02-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Whoever thinks that hiring Jim Zorn as strictly our QB coach is "mediocre" is delusional.

RealSNR
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM

Ohh the irony ROFL

The Bad Guy
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
This is true.

McDaniels is everything Haley would like to be.

Yeah, another stupid fucking post by you. Stick to making videos. Your commentary fucking blows.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 09:59 PM
let me the first with the response and the neg rep

go **** yourself

Oh I neg-repped him too. I hope this is the begining of a huge trend on this thread.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Todd Haley is an egomaniac of a head coach, and with him as head coach, the Chiefs will go nowhere.

I prefer an egomaniac HC to a maniac owner.

Frankie
02-15-2011, 10:05 PM

You've been out since your first post. Out of your mind that is.

Chiefshrink
02-15-2011, 10:26 PM

Perceptive:thumb:

Quesadilla Joe
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Why would Zorn want to come to KC? Does he really think he is going to get another HC job by tying himself to Cassel?

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Whoever thinks that hiring Jim Zorn as strictly our QB coach is "mediocre" is delusional.

Also delusional to think that Jim Zorn is hired strictly to be a guy who coaches Cassel. And of course that's important, not just from coaching him to be a better player, but also being a guy who can quickly coach Cassel in-games when he sees a defensive tendency or that something's up with Cassel.

As if setting up a gameplan is only about picking plays out of a binder and then jamming it into your call sheet for the week. There's all the offseason pre-work, which is a joint effort by the coaches. There's a ton of self-scouting, scouting of opponents (players/tendencies) with new teams to prep for every week, and back-and-forth between coach and players before the call sheet is set up. And within the game, there's a ton of adjustment based on tendencies they see based on down/distance. Most of the prep work for the plays occur during the week when Haley will be pre-occupied.

Muir can only set up the protections and make adjustments, which is crucial. Haley has to coordinate the passing game and he doesn't have time to do all those nitty gritty details. It's crazy to think Zorn's inexperience is going to keep him from helping Haley out in a significant way in putting together the final plays for the game.

milkman
02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Why would Zorn want to come to KC? Does he really think he is going to get another HC job by tying himself to Cassel?

Why would a dumbass Donkey homer post on a Chiefs forum?

Does he really think anyone is going to think he's something other than a useless dumbass?

RealSNR
02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Why would Zorn want to come to KC? Does he really think he is going to get another HC job by tying himself to Cassel?My best guess is he needs a job.

Unless you want Zorn's kids to starve to death

LaChapelle
02-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Zorn was ONLY hired so the Cheaps
could have inside info on Saunders and Campbell
Haley is scared shitless/RaidersOwnKC

Mr. Flopnuts
02-16-2011, 12:35 AM

LMAO I'm so looking forward to you eating your own shit next year. Yeah. Get excited about running off the first coach to lead you to a non losing record in 8 fucking years. Retard.

Saccopoo
02-16-2011, 12:53 AM

Holy shit some of you people are so amazingly desperate for a first round quarterback that you are going to create this fairy fantasy wonderland of hypotheticals that will absolutely ensure your deluded little minds that the Chiefs will take a quarterback in the first round.

When half this board was totally gung-ho for any guy at that position that they were begging for Jimmy Clausen with the fifth pick, and now thinking that they live in a land of rainbow colored unicorns where the hiring of a quarterback coach means that they are going to take anyone who plays the position (well, anyone besides a black guy from a spread system - mention Newton or Kaepernick and people go beserk trying to list all the potential negatives, but a guy like Gabbert or even a Mallet and it's like the little baby Jesus has come back to bless the faithful).

Chiefs=Champions
02-16-2011, 01:51 AM
LMAO I'm so looking forward to you eating your own shit next year. Yeah. Get excited about running off the first coach to lead you to a non losing record in 8 fucking years. Retard.

LMAO

RAIDERS OWN KC

RealSNR
02-16-2011, 09:19 AM
When half this board was totally gung-ho for any guy at that position that they were begging for Jimmy Clausen with the fifth pick, and now thinking that they live in a land of rainbow colored unicorns where the hiring of a quarterback coach means that they are going to take anyone who plays the position (well, anyone besides a black guy from a spread system - mention Newton or Kaepernick and people go beserk trying to list all the potential negatives, but a guy like Gabbert or even a Mallet and it's like the little baby Jesus has come back to bless the faithful).What? Show me the anti Newton/Kaepernick posts out there.

Also... Kaepernick is black?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
There will always be excuses for Cassel

Ahem...

THIS.

Lzen
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
I know I'm late to the party, but I love this hire. Good job, Chiefs.

HIChief
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM

You mean step into his throw?

Sannyasi
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM

Off a cliff, if we are lucky.

booger
02-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I know I'm late to the party, but I love this hire. Good job, Chiefs.

Me too. I expected a system/tree guy like Chris Palmer but was pleasantly suprised to see Zorn hired. Good for Cassel and whoever the 2nd and 3rd is next year(hopefully a mid round prospect at least) and good for Sirianni to grow as a coach and learn from a QB guru like Zorn.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
You mean step into his throw?

Or make more than one fucking read?

This'll work too.

Rausch
02-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Damn...very nice hire.

And I'll bet he's also being 'interviewed' to replace Muir next season. If he plays nice with Haley, Muir will get a gold watch and a quiet push out the door to make room for Zorn as the new OC.

I doubt that...

milkman
02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I doubt that...

It's not that hard to envision, seeing that Muir is nearly 70 years old.

Frankie
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM

I just can't believe all this automatic fickle fan Cassel hating! We saw, in 2010, a work in progress whom suddenly started playing like a good solid NFL QB and then dropped back for a couple of games when his mentor ditched the team and by all evidence quit giving a flying excrement about the Chiefs and Cassel.

Some fans where totally eating crows when MC started playing well and now are back bashing him. The man played well enough to be a Pro Bowl alternate for heaven's sake!! He has at least earned the right to be judged one more season before you guys declare him crap and pull the flush.
:shake:

Deberg_1990
02-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I just can't believe all this automatic fickle fan Cassel hating! We saw, in 2010, a work in progress whom suddenly started playing like a good solid NFL QB and then dropped back for a couple of games when his mentor ditched the team and by all evidence quit giving a flying excrement about the Chiefs and Cassel.

Some fans where totally eating crows when MC started playing well and now are back bashing him. The man played well enough to be a Pro Bowl alternate for heaven's sake!! He has at least earned the right to be judged one more season before you guys declare him crap and pull the flush.

He obviously made considerable improvement during the regular season. Its time for him to take the next step and do it in the playoffs, something he did not do this year.

Sannyasi
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Let's not recycle the argument for the millionth time. I was just making a cheap/easy joke :evil:

Frankie
02-18-2011, 02:20 PM
He obviously made considerable improvement during the regular season. Its time for him to take the next step and do it in the playoffs, something he did not do this year.

Agreed.

Frankie
02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Let's not recycle the argument for the millionth time. I was just making a cheap/easy joke :evil:

Cool.

gblowfish
02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
There was a special on the NFL Network last night, talking about Top 10 greatest left handed QBs in NFL history. Zorn was ranked #6. Had a lot of good things to say about him as a smart guy, and as a leader. I think he's a bright guy. Nobody succeeds under Dan Snyder the Uber-Douche in DC, so I don't hold that against him. I think he'll be a good add to the coaching staff, and he has a lot of familiarity with the AFC West.

stevieray
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
LOL at this thread.

...funny how such a great hire only got five games before a verdict was reached.

jd1020
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
LOL at this thread.

...funny how such a great hire only got five games before a verdict was reached.

Was the verdict "Cassel still sucks?" Because thats not funny.

Brock
10-10-2011, 01:34 PM
LOL at this thread.

Great hire?

BossChief
10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
LOL at this thread.

huh?

stevieray
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Was the verdict "Cassel still sucks?" Because thats not funny.

I imagine that Jim Zorn will make that call, and it won't be five games in.

jd1020
10-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I imagine that Jim Zorn will make that call, and it won't be five games in.

You're right. He probably knew this before he came.

stevieray
10-10-2011, 08:09 PM
You're right.

...probably.

Aries Walker
10-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Not necessarily. Zorn stuck with Jason Campbell the whole time he was in DC. If he didn't realize a dud there, maybe his radar is on the fritz.

RealSNR
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
LOL at this thread.

What are you talking about? Zorn's still a great QB coach.