PDA

View Full Version : Football Champ Bailey sells his Colorado home.

The Franchise
02-16-2011, 02:57 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Free agent Champ Bailey has put his Colorado home up for sale, just after it was reported Bailey had renewed contract talks with the Broncos.
So much for that. "I am putting my Littleton, (CO) house up for sale," Bailey confirmed to Inside the NFL's Josina Anderson. It's an indication that Bailey doesn't plan to play for the Broncos in 2011. The team is not believed to be considering using the franchise tag on the 32-year-old shutdown corner.

Sofa King
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
He's buying one in Baltimore as we speak.

Bowser
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Wait for it......

the Talking Can
02-16-2011, 02:59 PM
hey gang

Sofa King
02-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Bailey sucks now anyways /knowmo

PhillyChiefFan
02-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Where is the Chiefs jet?!?!?

mcaj22
02-16-2011, 03:04 PM
i cant wait for that Knowmo bozo to tell us how bad Champ Bailey all of a sudden got in the span of a month and a half offseason

Donger
02-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Where is the Chiefs jet?!?!?

He tried to catch it for a flight to Leawood, but missed it.

Hootie
02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
as much as I like Champ Bailey as a player...we definitely don't have any need for him unless he wants to play safety and team up with Berry.

Quesadilla Joe
02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I really hope he doesn't leave Denver. Would need ANOTHER name change.

Hootie
02-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I really hope he doesn't leave Denver. Would need ANOTHER name change.

well after the Broncos turn in a 10 win stretch in the next 3 years I doubt you'll even be cheering for them anymore so you'll need a name change for sure...

ARodg1212

Rain Man
02-16-2011, 03:11 PM
i cant wait for that Knowmo bozo to tell us how bad Champ Bailey all of a sudden got in the span of a month and a half offseason

Come on, that's not how knowmo operates. He's a positive guy. They're cutting Bailey because of the rapid development of Perrish Cox and the fact that he's being groomed to take over that position for the next decade assuming he can get probation instead of hard time.

DJ's left nut
02-16-2011, 03:11 PM
The best part about that is not Bailey leaving Denver.

IMO, this will compel them to take Patrick Peterson instead of Nick Fairly. Don't get me wrong, Peterson is a very good player in his own right, but Fairly scares the absolute hell out of me.

Quesadilla Joe
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
I am almost positive that if Fairley is there Denver will take him. We have ZERO young talent at DT.

blaise
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I heard Albert Pujols expressed interest in it.

Sofa King
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
We have ZERO talent.

FYP

DJ's left nut
02-16-2011, 03:17 PM
You mean Patrick Peterson?

I am almost positive that if Fairley is there Denver will take him. We have ZERO young talent at DT.

Yup, Robinson was the NO pick last season (got my edit in before your post, so suck it).

Fairley should be your pick and will set about raping our interior line for years to come. But if you fellas hope to win anything in this division, you'll have to get through Rivers to get there.

Your defensive backfield without Bailey will suck as badly as your D-line. Peterson is supposed to be one of the better cover corners in years. I could certainly see the Broncos going that direction.

Chief Chief
02-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Champ and Carson should just swap houses, even up.

The Franchise
02-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Yup, Robinson was the NO pick last season (got my edit in before your post, so suck it).

Fairley should be your pick and will set about raping our interior line for years to come. But if you fellas hope to win anything in this division, you'll have to get through Rivers to get there.

Your defensive backfield without Bailey will suck as badly as your D-line. Peterson is supposed to be one of the better cover corners in years. I could certainly see the Broncos going that direction.

With Bailey leaving....they almost HAVE to take Peterson at #2.

T-post Tom
02-16-2011, 03:33 PM
He'll be the new Asst. DB Coach for the Faiders.

listopencil
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
You really should amend your thread title to:

Champ Bailey Puts One Of His Three Colorado Homes Up For Sale.

It's blatantly misleading as it is.

Quesadilla Joe
02-16-2011, 03:38 PM

I also got my edit in before your post. :)

I doubt Carolina will pass up on Fairley they need a DT just as badly as we do.

Champ is a first ballot HOF'er who still to this day shuts down whoever he covers and our defense has STILL been pathetic for the past 4 years. Denver needs help up front first and foremost. Even if we lose Champ and can't get Fairley I wouldn't want us to pick Peterson. Peterson has a chance to be a helluva player, but Denver has ignored the DL for too long. There are 3 or 4 DL I would rather Denver pick than Peterson.

Quesadilla Joe
02-16-2011, 03:39 PM

He has 3 homes in Colorado? Didn't know that.

BucEyedPea
02-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I was kinda hoping he was buying something in say Franklin Mass.

mcaj22
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
hey too bad you guys used a 1st round draft pick to trade up into the 2nd to draft Alphonso Smith only to turn around 1 year later and trade him to the Lions for a pack of Big League Chew and some Pokemon cards. Are the Donks going to ride with Andre Toast Goodman and Perish Cox?

I think even Dexter McGimmick can bet those guys on a route.

listopencil
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Yes, and Littleton is kind of a crappy place to live. Also, Josina Anderson is a horrible "journalist". She is best known for spreading gossip via moronic tweets that are almost incomprehensible, and a shocking lack of production value in her sports "news" segments. Go look on Youtube for some of her segments. They are garbage.

The Franchise
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM

Yes, and Littleton is kind of a crappy place to live. Also, Josina Anderson is a horrible "journalist". She is best known for spreading gossip via moronic tweets that are almost incomprehensible, and a shocking lack of production value in her sports "news" segments. Go look on Youtube for some of her segments. They are garbage.

I'm just posting what was on Rotoworld.com.

-King-
02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Who the fuck has 3 homes in the same state?

Sofa King
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Who the **** has 3 homes in the same state?

People who rent them out.

listopencil
02-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm just posting what was on Rotoworld.com.

Meh, you might consider it a quibble but there is a difference between your home selling and putting one of your three homes on the market. He hasn't sold anything. The article quotes him as stating that he is putting his Littleton, Co house up for sale. Then Josina runs with it. If she had any journalistic integrity she would have mentioned the other two houses, but she really doesn't have any.

This could very well be posturing from Bailey's side to put some pressure on the Broncos' Front Office, this could be just Bailey liquidating an asset in case the players don't get paid this year or he could be preparing to move on to another team. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Jethopper
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
who gives a shit. Champ is seriously washed up.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

...I am out of toilet paper for this shit!

Frazod
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM

I can think of several states I'd like to have multiple homes in if I had the means. Colorado is certainly one of them. Pretty nice place, IMO, outside of all the damned Bronco fans. And the Broncos themselves, of course.

Okie_Apparition
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
That should make for enough penis skins. For KnowMo2724 to make a love glove to guide him gently into insanity. This little piggy went to Chicago, lick, lick. This little piggy went to Miami, suck, suck. This little piggy went to Cleveland, kiss, kiss. This little piggy is on the bench, pinch, pinch. And this chubby piggy is on gone to FA, plunge, plunge.

R8RFAN
02-16-2011, 05:53 PM
who gives a shit. Champ is seriously washed up.

he would make a good safety now

CoMoChief
02-16-2011, 06:07 PM

Good reason to why a lot of NFL players are broke after they play....who the fuck needs 3 houses in roughly the same area? :spock:

Bowser
02-16-2011, 06:10 PM
That should make for enough penis skins. For KnowMo2724 to make a love glove to guide him gently into insanity. This little piggy went to Chicago, lick, lick. This little piggy went to Miami, suck, suck. This little piggy went to Cleveland, kiss, kiss. This little piggy is on the bench, pinch, pinch. And this chubby piggy is on gone to FA, plunge, plunge.

wat

Ugly Duck
02-16-2011, 06:12 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/RobertOak/rats_leaving_ship.jpg - KnowMo

88TG88
02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Anyone got pics of the house. I wanna see

RaidersOwnKC
02-16-2011, 06:29 PM
He's better then Brandon Flowers, thats fore sure.

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
We've been working with Champ Bailey's representative this week on a new contract, which is an important priority for us. Our conversations have been constructive, and we'll continue those talks in the hopes that we can reach an agreement. Champ's an elite player who means a great deal to our entire organization and our fans. We want Champ to finish his Hall of Fame career as a Denver Bronco.

https://twitter.com/johnelway

I have no fear, for the DUKE is on it!

-King-
02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
He's better then Brandon Flowers, thats fore sure.

Well atleast you guys still have Nnamdi...

Oh wait.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
02-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Would love to hear the evaluations of Champ on this board by some of you if he was picked up by the Chiefs ala Quitterson.

-King-
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Would love to hear the evaluations of Champ on this board by some of you if he was picked up by the Chiefs ala Quitterson.

Flowers and Carr are better options at this point. And so is Arenas at nickel. Unless Champ wants to be a dime back, he'd have no place on this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
02-17-2011, 12:00 PM

IMO, this will compel them to take Patrick Peterson instead of Nick Fairly. Don't get me wrong, Peterson is a very good player in his own right, but Fairly scares the absolute hell out of me.

With Bailey leaving....they almost HAVE to take Peterson at #2.

Peterson is a very good CB. Great size, athleticism, and a physical player. However, he's overrated IMO. He's not the caliber of a Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, or Darrelle Revis but is better coming out of college than Terrance Newman, Quentin Jammer, and Malcom Jenkins.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Dungver drafted Peterson #2 overall. I'd rather have Joe Haden who I think is a better cover corner than Peterson, just shorter. Haden had an outstanding rookie season for the Browns.

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Flowers and Carr are better options at this point. And so is Arenas at nickel. Unless Champ wants to be a dime back, he'd have no place on this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

So you would take three guys who have never once been to a Pro Bowl over a guy who has been to 10 (an NFL record for DB's) Pro Bowls? ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
John Elway totally gets it--has complete understanding of value of social media in connecting with our fans in a fast, personal manner.

https://twitter.com/broncos_sacco/status/38295462406529024

Halfcan
02-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Why do football players evern buy houses? Seems like they are never around long enough to make it worth the loss.

Molitoth
02-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Wait for it......

Champ Bailey seen buying a house in Overland Park today.

vailpass
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM

Colorado, California, Arizona, etc. Geographically diverse states make it practical to own more than one home.

Bewbies
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM

He was the best CB in the league for quite a long time. I'm not interested in giving someone that old a big contract.

vailpass
02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
He was the best CB in the league for quite a long time. I'm not interested in giving someone that old a big contract.

I surely wouldn't be either. Always fun to see fans (of all teams) hate on a player right up to the minute their team picks him up then they suddenly see the upside.

Bewbies
02-17-2011, 04:24 PM

I'll be honest. Anymore the only times I'm concerned with who the other team picks is when it's a QB. If Denver had a shot at Luck I'd be nervous, that's about it.

I hate having Rivers in the division. He's going to keep SD good for a long time. I'm not nervous about Tebow at all, and the Raiders QB situation is worse than ours.

Bewbies
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
I surely wouldn't be either. Always fun to see fans (of all teams) hate on a player right up to the minute their team picks him up then they suddenly see the upside.

Pretty much. Although I would have not been happy had we hired The Rat. :evil:

Bowser
02-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Honestly, if Bailey were to come in here and then contribute as well as Eddie did during his time, I would have zero complaints about it.

HemiEd
02-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Who?

Jethopper
02-17-2011, 06:58 PM
The dude is WASHED UP. Comon guys! I couldn't have been the only one that watched him last year.....

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 10:06 AM
The dude is WASHED UP. Comon guys! I couldn't have been the only one that watched him last year.....
:doh!:

In matchups against two Pro Bowl receivers last season, he kept Dwayne Bowe from catching the ball even once, and limited Larry Fitzgerald to three catches for only 19 yards. One statistical sports service stated Bailey was the second-most effective cornerback against the pass in the entire league in 2010.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_17418950?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Mile High Mania
02-18-2011, 10:28 AM
I think it's a "good face" effort to resign him, but if I'm him... I look at it and think.... "I've got 2-3 good years left, Denver may take that long to get where I want to be - I'm going to sign with Baltimore or a team like that."

Champ has been a good soldier... and he's been through a ton of change, time to do what is best for him.

Rams Fan
02-18-2011, 10:29 AM
So you would take three guys who have never once been to a Pro Bowl over a guy who has been to 10 (an NFL record for DB's) Pro Bowls? ROFL

Would you take an older DB over a younger one?

vailpass
02-18-2011, 10:31 AM

What are their names?

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM

I would take a 33 year old Champ Bailey over anybody not named Revis/Aso and even then I would probably take Champ because he has been with the Broncos for so long.

Rams Fan
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
What are their names?

I'm not talking about the Chiefs DBs, but say you had the chance to have a guy like McCourty(who is on the Pats) over Bailey, would you do it?

Mile High Mania
02-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Honestly...

I think I'd rather see them spend the MEGA millions that Bailey will cost to resign on major improvements up front and in other areas, and then go young at Champs position. Not young as in a cheap replacement, but I think you could likely spend that $ better considering the age.

I don't think he's done by any means, but do I think they can do a good job of replacing him and improving other areas on defense in a more fiscally responsible manner? Yes.

I'm past the days of being tied to a name just because of past production, especially when the player is closer to 35 than 30.

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 12:26 PM
I think Champ has five Pro Bowl caliber years left in him, two or three years at corner and two or three at safety. In a few years Darcel McBath and Champ could be the best safety tandem in the NFL.

Halfcan
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
I think Champ has five Pro Bowl caliber years left in him, two or three years at corner and two or three at safety. In a few years Darcel McBath and Champ could be the best safety tandem in the NFL.

ROFL yeah okay

Rams Fan
02-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Name a 38 year old Pro Bowl DB that is currently in the NFL.

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Name a 38 year old Pro Bowl DB that is currently in the NFL.

Brian Dawkins made the Pro Bowl with Denver when he was 36 and Champ will be much faster when he gets to Dawkins' age.

Rams Fan
02-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Brian Dawkins made the Pro Bowl with Denver when he was 36 and Champ will be much faster when he gets to Dawkins' age.

And then Dawkins was awful this year. Chances are Bailey will have a few more productive seasons by the time he is 35 or 36, but none after that.

Mile High Mania
02-18-2011, 12:34 PM

You think... based on what, I mean other than the random commentary you can find on Denver Post or other sites that have said similar things. You didn't even watch 16 full games of Bailey in 2010.

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 12:39 PM
You think... based on what, I mean other than the random commentary you can find on Denver Post or other sites that have said similar things. You didn't even watch 16 full games of Bailey in 2010.

I probably missed 8-10 quarters of Broncos football this year. Big deal. If you enjoy watching Denver get blown out more power to you, I don't. All I know is that Champ was his normal self this season.

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 12:40 PM
And then Dawkins was awful this year. Chances are Bailey will have a few more productive seasons by the time he is 35 or 36, but none after that.

You think... based on what, I mean other than the random commentary you can find on Denver Post or other sites that have said similar things. You didn't even watch 16 full games of (edit)Dawkins in 2010.

Mile High Mania
02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I probably missed 8-10 quarters of Broncos football this year. Big deal. If you enjoy watching Denver get blown out more power to you, I don't. All I know is that Champ was his normal self this season.

Champ was good - he's definitely not the shut down player he used to be, which is why I wouldn't be upset if they didn't pay him $40-50M to remain in Denver for the next 3-4 seasons. Find his replacement now, spend that $ to build up other key areas in this switch back to a 4-3 and begin building a foundation that won't be replaced again next year and the year after...

Sofa King
02-18-2011, 01:24 PM

Then why does your sig say you only watched 4 full games, and the rest you turned off by halftime.

16 games in a season
- 4 games watched
12 off by halftime

rest of the games were off by halftime, so 12 games - 6 games (which is the half of every game you missed)

that means you missed 6 whole games worth. which is much more than 8-10 quarters.

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Then why does your sig say you only watched 4 full games, and the rest you turned off by halftime.

16 games in a season
- 4 games watched
12 off by halftime

rest of the games were off by halftime, so 12 games - 6 games (which is the half of every game you missed)

that means you missed 6 whole games worth. which is much more than 8-10 quarters.

I was exaggerating. At the time I said that we were 4-10 and had just fired our Head Coach. Cut me some slack will ya?

I watched the first 6 games in their entirety and then turned the 59-14 thrashing by the Raiders off when the score was 31-0. I then watched the next two games and turned the SD MNF game off at halftime and turned the STL game off at halftime and turned it back on when we started coming back. I watched the first half of the second KC game but it was boring so I turned it off after the first quarter and turned off the Arizona game at halftime. The rest of the season Tebow started and I watched every one of those games....

So in all I missed 3 quarters of the Oakland game, 2 quarters of the SD game, 2 quarters of the STL game, 3 quarters of the second KC game, and 2 quarters of the Arizona game. 12 quarters in all.

Sofa King
02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I was exaggerating. At the time I said that we were 4-10 and had just fired our Head Coach. Cut me some slack will ya?

I watched the first 6 games in their entirety and then turned the 59-14 thrashing by the Raiders off when the score was 31-0. I then watched the next two games and turned the SD MNF game off at halftime and turned the STL game off at halftime and turned it back on when we started coming back. I watched the first half of the second KC game but it was boring so I turned it off after the first quarter and turned off the Arizona game at halftime. The rest of the season Tebow started and I watched every one of those games....

So in all I missed 3 quarters of the Oakland game, 2 quarters of the SD game, 2 quarters of the STL game, 2 quarters of the second KC game, and 2 quarters of the Arizona game. 11 quarters in all.

still more than 8-10.

Quesadilla Joe
02-18-2011, 01:58 PM
still more than 8-10.

I was guesstimating.

vailpass
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not talking about the Chiefs DBs, but say you had the chance to have a guy like McCourty(who is on the Pats) over Bailey, would you do it?

There is a large number of younger CBs I'd like to see in Denver over Champ.

listopencil
02-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Broncos re-sign Champ Bailey to four-year contract for $43 million

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post (mklis@denverpost.com?subject=The%20Denver%20Post:%20Broncos%20re-sign%20Champ%20Bailey%20to%20four-year%20contract%20for%20$43%20million)

Read more: Broncos re-sign Champ Bailey to four-year contract for $43 million - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17454037#ixzz1Elx0RWdN) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17454037#ixzz1Elx0RWdN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

listopencil
02-23-2011, 03:26 AM
That's funny, Rotoworld only had a little negative blurb about Champ's feelings towards the lockout and barely mentioned that he just signed. What a pack of untrustworthy douches, eh?

jd1020
02-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Broncos re-sign Champ Bailey to four-year contract for $43 million

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post (mklis@denverpost.com?subject=The%20Denver%20Post:%20Broncos%20re-sign%20Champ%20Bailey%20to%20four-year%20contract%20for%20$43%20million)

Read more: Broncos re-sign Champ Bailey to four-year contract for $43 million - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17454037#ixzz1Elx0RWdN) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17454037#ixzz1Elx0RWdN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

First I've heard of this.

listopencil
02-23-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm having a hard time finding this breaking news on Josina Anderson's twatter account. Oh, I mean Twitter: http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

listopencil
02-23-2011, 03:31 AM
First I've heard of this.

In all fairness maybe Josina did report it but I just can't understand the woman. She's barley literate on her Twitter page.

listopencil
02-23-2011, 03:34 AM
From the article:

"...I thought about being on the market but all in all, it didn't really take me to forgive them. There's new people in charge there. I know I could have got something worked out once Josh McDaniels left. And things did work out didn't they?"

Wow.