PDA

View Full Version : Life Are you a leader or a follower?

Jenson71
02-17-2011, 08:02 PM
The world needs good of both.

I'm a follower. Though I could be a leader if I wanted to, in certain situations, it would be out of my comfort zone. I best operate as a supporting character.

el borracho
02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Hmm... I don't know. What do you think?

bogey
02-17-2011, 08:06 PM
At times I wish I was a follower. But I guess I'm a leader. Although I still have people I answer to, so maybe I'm both.

Jenson71
02-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Hmm... I don't know. What do you think?

I can't say for sure, but I will support your final decision.

DeezNutz
02-17-2011, 08:07 PM
I pitch.

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Come with me as I lead you all straight into Courtney Cox's vagina.

Bugeater
02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I just get out of the way.

teedubya
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I just think whatever Donger tells me to think.

Nightfyre
02-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Leaders also have to be good followers. I am both.

Dave Lane
02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
If you aren't the lead sled dog the view never changes. I suck as a follower.

LaChapelle
02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I watch
and wait for nightfall

Bowser
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I used to be a follower until I realized the people I'm following were idiots. Now, I think I'm a leader, but I'm not exactly sure of what, if anything, I'm leading, and I don't think anyone is following me.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Leaders also have to be good followers. I am both.

Exactly. You have to be above the team, AND part of the team to be a good leader.

stevieray
02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Exactly. You have to be above the team, AND part of the team to be a good leader.what do you think I am, Mr.C?

Hydrae
02-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Others seem to look at me as a leader but I prefer to be more laid back and just go with the flow. Leading can be such a hassle at times.

Other times though, the idiots in charge just need to get out of the way and let the rest of us take care of business!

NewChief
02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I have the charisma and people skills for leadership. My organizational abilities are lacking, though. I tend to get overwhelmed and swamped by details, as I'm more of a big-picture, visionary type. I think I'm a better facilitator than a leader (despite that, I repeatedly get put in leadership positions with mixed results).

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I masturbate to car accidents. Wait...wrong thread.

milkman
02-17-2011, 09:09 PM
I genuinely don't like people.

I neither follow or lead.

Just stay the hell out of my way.

jspchief
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm definitely a leader. Even in situations where a leader isn't established, I'll find myself taking control of the situation.

Bowser
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I have the charisma and people skills for leadership. My organizational abilities are lacking, though. I tend to get overwhelmed and swamped by details, as I'm more of a big-picture, visionary type. I think I'm a better facilitator than a leader (despite that, I repeatedly get put in leadership positions with mixed results).

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tl4VD8uvgec?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CHENZ A!
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
what do you think I am, Mr.C?

I would say both.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM

This sounds so much like me it's scary.

NewChief
02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
This sounds so much like me it's scary.

To compensate, I usually surround myself with good organizers and detail-minded people.

One of my best colleagues at work is a total pain in the ass who sees the faults in everything and constantly nitpicks. I rely on him heavily (whereas others avoid him because they perceive him as threatening or confrontational), and I have him put his eyes on every plan, proposal, or idea that comes through my domain. I also actually took my current position (department chair) only on the agreement that I would handle predominantly the "leadership" duties, leaving the book keeping and financial crap to another person as my "co-chair." I found out that there are actually people out there who like doing that kind of shit and hate doing the stuff that I enjoy doing.

LiveSteam
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Around old timers I try & keep my mouth shut & just let them do their job.=brick & stone on new custom homes,fireplaces ect. Even after 20 plus years in the trade. An old timer will have a trick or two you haven't seen before. But as far as quality control goes its MY WAY OR THE HYW. Teaching a young kid the masonry trade, is my way or the HYW as well.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
To compensate, I usually surround myself with good organizers and detail-minded people.

One of my best colleagues at work is a total pain in the ass who sees the faults in everything and constantly nitpicks. I rely on him heavily (whereas others avoid him because they perceive him as threatening or confrontational), and I have him put his eyes on every plan, proposal, or idea that comes through my domain. I also actually took my current position (department chair) only on the agreement that I would handle predominantly the "leadership" duties, leaving the book keeping and financial crap to another person as my "co-chair." I found out that there are actually people out there who like doing that kind of shit and hate doing the stuff that I enjoy doing.

I have an assistant, who to put it nicely, is "difficult". She is still employed because her organizational skills are very valuable to me. She doesn't require a lot of supervision, and doesn't make many mistakes. Sometimes, but not very often, people like that can be a real asset. The trick is figuring out a way to keep them motivated, and keep them in check.

cdcox
02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm a great number 2 man. I do the bidding of the leader. I keep the trains running on time. I do the dirty work. I'm the attack dog. The head minion. The ultimate team player. I get things done.

J Diddy
02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
I genuinely don't like people.

I neither follow or lead.

Just stay the hell out of my way.

Hmmm.

A hermit with an internet connection?

milkman
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Hmmm.

A hermit with an internet connection?

Not a hermit.

Just anti-social.

FAX
02-17-2011, 09:57 PM
A very wise man once told me that there are two ways to get rich; you can either be a great leader or a great follower. I think that's a very true statement.

FAX

Pushead2
02-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I've learned from hockey to be both & that has carried over into my real life.

Everyone must be both, just have to know when to be which to get ahead or be happy in life.

RJ
02-17-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm a leader and I choose that role but sometimes I'd like to kick back and let someone else do it.

And if I did I probably wouldn't like it much at all.

I guess I'm also a good follower in that I do respect my boss. But I have more people to lead than I have to follow.

RJ
02-17-2011, 10:35 PM

By golly I sure do relate to that.

I like having detail people around me to delegate to but lately I lack those. I'm trying damn hard to hire a few.

KCrockaholic
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm like a sponge. I sit back and absorb. Then I use what I have absorbed, and apply it to whatever I do, and twist it to make it uniquely mine. And I live by the motto of, "If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself" So I take charge in my own way, and also follow to an extent.

So I guess I'm both....

Lonewolf Ed
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM
There should be a third option: one who wishes to be left alone. I could be a leader but no one wants to follow, and I could be a follower yet I find leadership lacking. So I am the third type.

Psyko Tek
02-17-2011, 11:11 PM
I was a teenage anarchist

do not lead or follow well
just do my own thing
and usually very well

luv
02-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Follower here. I hate making decisions too much to be a leader. I work best when not in the spotlight.

chris
02-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Trick question.

People follow leaders who provide the vision and sense of direction of a project, event, or Company. Good leaders find out what the followers need and follow those needs to ensure growth and happiness of the followers.

People don't follow dictators for long....unless they have guns. :)

Jack
02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Not a hermit.

Just anti-social.

Hmmm....

An antisocial with post count of 47k. . .

:thumb:

Mr. Laz
02-18-2011, 10:20 AM
both ... i think i probably prefer to follow out of basic laziness. If there is nobody competent to lead then i will.

Mr. Laz
02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Hmmm....

Have you seen his 47k posts?

nothing social about them

seclark
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
saboteur
sec

milkman
02-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Hmmm....

Out here in the real world, I don't like people generally, and I don't hide my disdain very well.

Here, I can talk about the sport I love, and don't even have to try to hide my disdain for idiots.

boogblaster
02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
I followed some tight buttocks afew times ....

BigMeatballDave
02-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Both. Depends on what I'm doing.

Jack
02-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Retired.

Don't have lead or follow.

Everyday is Saturday and Sunday is any damn day I want it to be. . .