PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet The Rainmakers Reunion Tour and opening the show Chiefs Planet's own...

Nzoner
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
InChiefsHell and his band Headstrong!

DejaVu in a way but last year's weather sucked and now with the news of a Rainmakers reunion and new CD next month myself and the other festival promoters are going for round 2 on Saturday June 4th in St Joseph at the Krug Park Bowl.

The Rainmakers have already promised us that this will be a full blown Rainmakers rock-n-roll show and as far as I'm concerned there's no one better to open than Rich and Headstrong.What's even better is the show is only $5 for great seats or lawn seating for free.

Hope to see ya there!!

Headstrong Sympathy For The Devil

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pGCbrs3FkpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMnnPI5GUps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LCOoATNBb7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Hgl4VvcHU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B2_ICPVdaQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stevieray
02-17-2011, 10:25 PM
playing knucks this summer too

Nzoner
02-17-2011, 10:26 PM
playing knucks this summer too

Yep,May 14th in fact,but not with Headstrong :)

Bugeater
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
You're tempting fate by doing this with a band called The Rainmakers.

Nzoner
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
You're tempting fate by doing this with a band called The Rainmakers.

That's what Bob Walkenhorst said on the phone to me the other day but damn it's worth it to see a Rainmakers reunion and your ass best stick around this time because the mrs will be at the races.

Bugeater
02-17-2011, 11:01 PM
That's what Bob Walkenhorst said on the phone to me the other day but damn it's worth it to see a Rainmakers reunion and your ass best stick around this time because the mrs will be at the races.
ROFL Dude...we were friggin' drenched.

kc rush
02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I already ordered the new album and am now putting June 4 on my calendar.

Nzoner
02-24-2011, 08:36 AM
The Saturday line-up is now set

12:30 p.m. The Lux Band

3 p.m. Rev'D Up

6 p.m. Headstrong

8:30 or so The Rainmakers 25 On Tour

InChiefsHeaven
03-20-2011, 07:14 AM
WTF...how did I miss this thread? Looking forward to it brutha...hopefully much better weather this time. ROCK ON!!

Psyko Tek
03-20-2011, 09:58 AM
gawd I read that as a RAINMAN tour

kc rush
03-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I am a little disappointed with the new album, its more country than rock. They had a better blend on previous albums.

I still plan on going to the show though.

Nzoner
03-20-2011, 01:56 PM
I am a little disappointed with the new album, its more country than rock. They had a better blend on previous albums.

I still plan on going to the show though.

After talking with Bob I got excited because he said it was going to be a ,"full blown Rainmakers rock-n-roll show" so I'm assuming we're going to hear a lot of the old great Rainmaker classics.I'll have the tickets within a week or so,if you want I can mail them to you.

Really looking forward and I think you're gonna love Headstrong too.

Nzoner
03-30-2011, 06:15 AM
The Rainmakers are touring Norway right now and here's a song from yesterday's show...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UKRtBrH4PZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner
03-30-2011, 06:20 AM
and another one from the Good News Bad News project

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0enQqS0V10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
03-30-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm not really a rocker, you know that Joe.

But that guitar player is GOOD.

I've always liked that dude 'ICH'

Anyhow, just an observation, carry on. ;)

kc rush
03-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Laughing at the all white t-shirt set there. Thanks for the updates, looking forward to the show.

Nzoner
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
WTF...how did I miss this thread? Looking forward to it brutha...hopefully much better weather this time. ROCK ON!!

I need some more video of Headstrong

InChiefsHeaven
03-30-2011, 07:35 AM
I'll have to come up with some. Most of what we have is just plain not good, either the video is bad or the audio is bad...but I have some stuff from the Halloween show. Let me see what I can do.

Nzoner
03-30-2011, 07:46 AM
I'll have to come up with some. Most of what we have is just plain not good, either the video is bad or the audio is bad...but I have some stuff from the Halloween show. Let me see what I can do.

Cool,also I should have an agreement to you by days end.

headsnap
03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I would really love to come to this but unfortunately I have plans that will be putting me in Cincy that weekend.

Though my kids know the words to most of their songs, I haven't seen Steve Bob & Rich since "Party in the Park" circa 1984!!

Phobia
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
I would really love to come to this but unfortunately I have plans that will be putting me in Cincy that weekend.

Though my kids know the words to most of their songs, I haven't seen Steve Bob & Rich since "Party in the Park" circa 1984!!

They told me they'd like to see you play too.

headsnap
03-30-2011, 08:31 PM
They told me they'd like to see you play too.

that chick on the left is HAWT!!!

my wife is looking pretty good in that pic too! :)

Phobia
03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I've had better. I also run a 4.3 and throw a footbally 80 yards.

Nzoner
04-06-2011, 09:52 AM
From the new CD a song called Missouri Girl

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6w4z8QinDWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner
04-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Festival ad

Nzoner
05-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Week of the show bump and looking to be a great day for an outdoor festival!

Nzoner
06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Have heard form other Kansas Citians(rainmaker fans) who are making the trek,so if any CPer's are coming look Rich and I up.Rich will be the lead man for Headstrong and I'll be the bald guy announcing the bands.

Bugeater
06-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Sadly I am not going to make it down for this, I am just too damn busy. Definitely going to be down later this month to buy fireworks though.

Nzoner
06-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Sadly I am not going to make it down for this, I am just too damn busy. Definitely going to be down later this month to buy fireworks though.

Sadly is right,we had some ribs last night from a vendor called Hog Haven that were unbelievable,so today I'm taking a jar of Black Market BBQ Sauce.

InChiefsHeaven
06-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Gettin' ready for the trek from Omaha. We actually have a few people coming down to see the show. Weather looks a little warm but should stay dry, so that's awesome.Can't wait, should be an awesome show!

gblowfish
06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Hope you have a blast. I was just listening to The Rainmakers on my IPOD cutting the grass this AM.

boogblaster
06-04-2011, 11:29 AM
yea wished I was there .. just been listen'n to ya sound-tracks .. good R&R band ....

InChiefsHeaven
06-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Northend Music Festival in St. Joe was a HUGE SUCCESS! We sold a ton of CD's and we're donating 50% to Red Cross disaster relief for all the crazy crap that's been going on here in the Midwest. Once again, a big thank you to Joe Tracy and Pat for having us down for the show. It was hot as hell but no rain and the crowd was nothing short of spectacular! They started small but kept getting bigger and louder. By the time we were done, we were amazed at the enthusiasm of that crowd. St. Joe, ya done yourselves proud!

We opened for the Rainmakers who were just fantastic. Props go out to Rev'd Up, the band that played before us. Quality musicians all the way around. The ribs from Hog Haven were unbelievable by the way. If you are down there look those guys up. The video came out pretty good, so I hope to have it up here in the next few days. Thanks again to all and hopefully we'll see you again! ROCK ON!