PDA

View Full Version : Football Any "Geography Majors" from USF here???

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:32 AM
The University of South Florida = USF

Anyone?

I just wondered if one was here, so I could ask that person...

How in the world is your "school" called University of South Florida, when it is in Tampa, which is actually in the northern half of the state of Florida, when Florida is bisected top to Keyes?

What genius came up with that name?

As a "Geography major," how can you explain this?

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Don't ask me.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:35 AM
USF is much closer to the "center" of land mass Florida than Orlando...

But I am a fan of Torell Troup, and hope to see more of him next year. Too bad the Chiefs whiffed on him, would've been a perfect fit here.

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 11:43 AM
USF is much closer to the "center" of land mass Florida than Orlando...

But I am a fan of Torell Troup, and hope to see more of him next year. Too bad the Chiefs whiffed on him, would've been a perfect fit here.

Not so much on the closer to the center of the land mass. USF should have been UWF. Troup did ok with the Bills this year, not great though.

Donger
02-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Why is the region know as the "Pacific Northwest" referred to as such? Is there a Pacific Northeast?

milkman
02-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Why is the region know as the "Pacific Northwest" referred to as such? Is there a Pacific Northeast?

Northeast Asia?

Donger
02-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Oh, and technically, Tampa is in the geographical south of Florida.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh, and technically, Tampa is in the geographical south of Florida.

Not bisecting FLA from Keyes to top it isn't. If you ignore the Keyes, yea, but the Keyes are part of FLA, so you can't ignore them...

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Not bisecting FLA from Keyes to top it isn't. If you ignore the Keyes, yea, but the Keyes are part of FLA, so you can't ignore them...

Are you sure you want to do this?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Not so much on the closer to the center of the land mass. USF should have been UWF. Troup did ok with the Bills this year, not great though.

No, a "center of land mass" would weight each square foot of land that is FLA.

The Panhandle and, to a much lesser extent, the Keyes, would pull the "center" of "land mass" FLA almost into the Gulf of Mexico.

The center of mass of a donut has no donut in it....

Troup didn't get a lot of snaps, but did well when he did. He should get more now that Stroud is out.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Are you sure you want to do this?

Go for it.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/SantaKhala/SuperCoolStoryBro.png

chasedude
02-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Why do we drive on a parkway and yet park in a driveway? huh?

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Go for it.

This is the geographical center of Florida:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.681389,-82.46&spn=0.01,0.01&t=m&q=28.681389,-82.46

As you can see, it is north of Tampa.

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Why do we call it taking a dump? We aren't taking it anywhere, we are leaving it somewhere.

kstater
02-20-2011, 12:24 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.681389,-82.46&spn=0.01,0.01&t=m&q=28.681389,-82.46

It looks like the Keys are roughly 40 miles south of the edge of the mainland. So even if you move that point 20 miles south, Tampa is still south of it.

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
It looks like the Keys are roughly 40 miles south of the edge of the mainland. So even if you move that point 20 miles south, Tampa is still south of it.

The geographical center of Florida takes the Keys into account.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 12:26 PM

I'll accept that, without verification, as the "center of land mass FLA," but as anyone with eyes can see, that is 2/3rds up the state.

Just defining top and bottom and bisecting that puts the N/S line right under Tampa...

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I'll accept that, without verification, as the "center of land mass FLA," but as anyone with eyes can see, that is 2/3rds up the state.

Just defining top and bottom and bisecting that puts the N/S line right under Tampa...

Oh, you are eye-balling it?

LMAO

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Just curious, Donger, is the "center of land mass" closer to Tampa ("South" Florida) or Orlando ("Central" Florida)?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Oh, you are eye-balling it?

LMAO

I agree that "center of mass" defines "center." The issue of North and South, however, can be accurately portrayed by the bisection of most north and most south...

and to call anything in Tampa "South" Florida is, well, laughable...

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Just curious, Donger, is the "center of land mass" closer to Tampa ("South" Florida) or Orlando ("Central" Florida)?

It looks like it is closer to Tampa. Why do you ask?

Spott
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
This definitely needed it's own thread.

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I agree that "center of mass" defines "center." The issue of North and South, however, can be accurately portrayed by the bisection of most north and most south...

and to call anything in Tampa "South" Florida is, well, laughable...

Actually, I don't believe even that is accurate. I believe that if take, say, Key West as the most southern part of Florida and Crestview as the most northern, Tampa sits in the southern side.

Donger
02-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Just looked it up:

Distance between Crestview and Tampa = 314 miles (as crow flies)

Distance between Key West and Tampa = 237 miles (as crow flies)

Therefore, Tampa is in South Florida.

Thig Lyfe
02-20-2011, 12:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R57KK.gif

Donger
02-20-2011, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R57KK.gif

That's cute.

aturnis
02-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Why do we call it taking a dump? We aren't taking it anywhere, we are leaving it somewhere.

How come every time I pick my nose, it's full again in a few minutes. Funk that!

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lw3SOvXgAgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&start=82"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lw3SOvXgAgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&start=82" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

BigRedChief
02-20-2011, 03:18 PM
This definitely needed it's own thread.Why the hell was this thread started? As a resident of the Tampa area and my son seriously considering attending USF, I can honestly say....who gives a shit?

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Anyone?

How in the world is your "school" called University of South Florida, when it is in Tampa, which is actually in the northern half of the state of Florida, when Florida is bisected top to Keyes?

I am not sure but we already have a University of Central Florida in Orlando, a University of West Florida in Pensacola, a University of North Florida in Jacksonville for state universities with an area of the state in its name. For the southern part of the state we have Florida International University in Miami and a Florida Atlantic in Boca Raton. Then there is Florida State, University of Florida, New College of Florida and Florida A&M that dont have some area of Florida in their names.

But I'll ask as my daughter to see if she knows since she applied there last week as a back up.

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Why the hell was this thread started? As a resident of the Tampa area and my son seriously considering attending USF, I can honestly say....who gives a shit?

Really? My kid's first choice is Florida State because it has one of the top film schools unlike the others. Although, UF has more highly rated Creative Writing program....both are not that far apart rating-wise for that though.

JoeyChuckles
02-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Geography major, but UMKC. Sorry, can't help you.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Just looked it up:

Distance between Crestview and Tampa = 314 miles (as crow flies)

Distance between Key West and Tampa = 237 miles (as crow flies)

Therefore, Tampa is in South Florida.

Yes, but...

Crestview is almost by Mobile Alabama on the Panhandle, and hence most of that "distance" is EW, not NS...

Nice try.

The halfway line NS in FLA goes right below Tampa, proving that if you take the most northern part of FLA and the most southern part, bisect those two points, Tampa is in the NORTHERN HALF of FLA.

The University of SXXXH, sorry,

USF = University SOMEHWERE in Florida

just not in "South" Florida...

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:18 PM
It looks like it is closer to Tampa. Why do you ask?

Then "South Florida" is CLOSER to the CENTER of Florida than "CENTRAL Florida," as well as also being in the NORTHERN HALF of Florida...

Gosh, just how difficult can filling out a ballot be...???

:evil:

Also, very confusing, if UCF plays USF, and you say "Go Central Florida," are you talking about the team closer to the center of land mass FLA, or the one further away...???

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Really? My kid's first choice is Florida State because it has one of the top film schools unlike the others. Although, UF has more highly rated Creative Writing program....both are not that far apart rating-wise for that though.

Best to send your kid out of state.

In 2005, the TFG Wonderlic Odds were

CrimiNoles 4-1
Cokes 5-1
Gators 5-1
University Somewhere in FLA 7-1
Central Florida 8-1
Florida Atlantic 9-1
Florida Intl 10-1

Rest of Field 25-1

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Why the hell was this thread started? As a resident of the Tampa area and my son seriously considering attending USF, I can honestly say....who gives a shit?

I can honestly say that your kid sounds like a perfect fit at "South" Florida - GO BULLS!!!

WebGem
02-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Tampa is in the southern part of FL.

BigRedChief
02-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Really? My kid's first choice is Florida State because it has one of the top film schools unlike the others. Although, UF has more highly rated Creative Writing program....both are not that far apart rating-wise for that though.he doesn't know what he wants to major in yet. He hasn't decided what to do yet. Being a Florida resident, the money is pretty close to the same at all the schools. We make too much money so he's not going to get any help from the goverment or state. No biggie. We can pay the freight.

He seems to think that USF has a lot of good programs that are in different fields so when he figures out what he wants to do, he won't have to transfer.

He's suppose to make a final decision by the end of next week. I'm trying to stay out of it and make it his choice, not his parents.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Can someone please post a MAP of FLA including the Keyes???

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Best to send your kid out of state.

She's a girl and I don't have the money for out of state tuition, not after shelling out $9k per year for ten years from elementary to sophomore year. She's a candidate for the state's scholarship too here which won't apply if she goes out-of-state. Besides Florida State is Tier One, though not nearly as high as UF. It has one of the top film schools in the country. After she gets her degree in this state she will go to U of Southern Cal for an Interactive Media degree.

I'd love her to be a 'Nole too!

luv
02-20-2011, 04:27 PM
I am still curious what professional and college teams you actually root for. I haven't seen you start one positive thread about anyone since you decided to grace The Lounge with your presence.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
She's a girl and I don't have the money for out of state tuition, not after shelling out $9k per year for ten years from elementary to sophomore year. She's a candidate for the state's sholarship too here which won't apply out-of-state. Besides Florida State is in Tier one, though not nearly as high as UF. After she gets her degree in this state she will go to U of Southern Cal for an Interactive Media degree.

I'd love her to be a 'Nole too!

Best of luck to her. If she goes to FSU, tell her to stay away from the football players, who aren't called the CrimiNoles for nothing...

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Tampa is in the southern part of FL.

I keep hearing this but it never feels like it is. It's still hot and humid in Miami in late October and in November. I feel like it's central Florida just on the Gulf coast.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I am still curious what professional and college teams you actually root for. I haven't seen you start one positive thread about anyone since you decided to grace The Lounge with your presence.

I have participated in football discussions here, including the recent one about Wiggy retiring at Center, and how Ryan Lilja did extremely well filing in for two games at C for the Colts 2-4 years ago, not making one bad snap, no penalties, no sacks allowed etc. Lilja should be the Chiefs next Center. Asamoah and Darryl Harris can compete for ORG. And don't ask me who I think should win that...

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Best of luck to her. If she goes to FSU, tell her to stay away from the football players, who aren't called the CrimiNoles for nothing...

Oh well, I was saying USF would only be if I can't come up with the money for room and board for her first year at Florida State because she can commute. I am working on the room an board since most of her tuition is covered and applying to scholarships to cover as well as getting back to work.

I think I read your last post wrong. I thought you posted USF. Maybe I'm dyslexic.

BigRedChief
02-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I can honestly say that your kid sounds like a perfect fit at "South" Florida - GO BULLS!!!I'm new to the area so your comment seems to be some sort of a diss that is lost on me because I'm not up to speed on the local college disses.

My son was given more than his fair share of brians. He is smart enough to be anything he wants to be in life. Even a dick on a message board.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.smokingmusket.com/2007/08/15/breaking-university-of-south-florida-not-in-south-florida/

milkman
02-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Why are the Jets and Giants New York based teams that play in New Jersey?

You can say you're located where ever the hell you want to call your location in sports.

At the end of the day, who gives a rat's ass?

luv
02-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I have participated in football discussions here, including the recent one about Wiggy retiring at Center, and how Ryan Lilja did extremely well filing in for two games at C for the Colts 2-4 years ago, not making one bad snap, no penalties, no sacks allowed etc. Lilja should be the Chiefs next Center. Asamoah and Darryl Harris can compete for ORG. And don't ask me who I think should win that...

That doesn't answer the question. I guess it's good you at least pay attention to the Chiefs, although I would assume that's part of your job.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:35 PM
The Jets and Giants are not SCHOOLS.

A "school" is supposed to understand GEOGRAPHY, and is fixed in location.

An NFL team is supposed to move to where it can make THE MOST MONEY, and doesn't care if its players CANNOT READ...

see Manley, Dexter, proud "student athlete" from OK St...

Donger
02-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes, but...

Crestview is almost by Mobile Alabama on the Panhandle, and hence most of that "distance" is EW, not NS...

Nice try.

The halfway line NS in FLA goes right below Tampa, proving that if you take the most northern part of FLA and the most southern part, bisect those two points, Tampa is in the NORTHERN HALF of FLA.

The University of SXXXH, sorry,

USF = University SOMEHWERE in Florida

just not in "South" Florida...

Actually, if you measure the latitude between Crestview and Tampa, and the latitude between Key West and Tampa, you (might) notice that it is greater between Crestview and Tampa.

milkman
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
The Jets and Giants are not SCHOOLS.

A "school" is supposed to understand GEOGRAPHY, and is fixed in location.

An NFL team is supposed to move to where it can make THE MOST MONEY, and doesn't care if its players CANNOT READ...

see Manley, Dexter, proud "student athlete" from OK St...

The school doesn't care about geography in finding a name for itself.

University of South Florida has a far better ring to it than University of Florida-Tampa, for instance, and they justify it with Donger's argument.

Over here on the left coast a new state college opened a few years ago in Camarillo.

It named itself Cal State Univerity-Channel Islands.

It's not in the Channel Islands, which are a few miles off the coast, but there it is.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:48 PM
"The school doesn't care about geography in finding a name for itself."

applies to "South Florida" and... ???

No other Div 1a school has its geography wrong in its own name like that. Even West Virginia is actually in West Virginia...

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 04:49 PM
he doesn't know what he wants to major in yet. He hasn't decided what to do yet. Being a Florida resident, the money is pretty close to the same at all the schools. We make too much money so he's not going to get any help from the goverment or state. No biggie. We can pay the freight.

He seems to think that USF has a lot of good programs that are in different fields so when he figures out what he wants to do, he won't have to transfer.

He's suppose to make a final decision by the end of next week. I'm trying to stay out of it and make it his choice, not his parents.

My kid was like that—all over the map from wanting to be a physicist to an author/illustrator/Marine to a pilot. Those are the hardest kids to work with 'cause they don't know. Going to school helps some sort it out more but apprenticing at places can help to.

I finally nailed my daughter down by asking her what she loved to do most of all. And it was game design with no hesitation; said she loved it—specially plots and creating characters. Sounds pretty useless and not very academic but I believe if one does what one is passionate about, they are more likely to succeed and stick with it. This career spends most of their time writing both fiction and non whereas the other type of designer studies visual arts and all the technical programs for games and animation.

BTW since your new here you should look into the Bright Futures Scholarship because it's merit based. I'm sure he has a GC though. If he has the courses, grades and SAT/ACT scores he'd be eligible. It's not that hard to get the Medallion. Look into it.

milkman
02-20-2011, 04:51 PM
"The school doesn't care about geography in finding a name for itself."

applies to "South Florida" and... ???

No other Div 1a school has its geography wrong in its own name like that. Even West Virginia is actually in West Virginia...

University of California-Santa Barbara is actually in Goleta, not Santa Barbara.

BigRedChief
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
My kid was like that—all over the map from wanting to be a physicists to an author/illustrator/Marine to a pilot. Those are the hardest kids to work with 'cause they don't know. Going to school helps some sort it out more but apprenticing at places can help to.

I finally nailed my daughter down by asking her what she loved to do most of all. And it was game design with no hesitation; said she loved it—specially plots and creating characters. Sounds pretty useless and not very academic but I believe if one does what one is passionate about, they are more likely to succeed and stick with it. This career spends most of their time writing both fiction and non whereas the other type of designer studies visual arts and all the technical programs for games and animation.

BTW since your new here you should look into the Bright Futures Scholarship because it's merit based. I'm sure he has a GC though. If he has the courses, grades and SAT/ACT scores he'd be eligible. It's not that hard to get the Medallion. Look into it.Yeah, I think they said his IQ was something like 148 but he still doesn't really apply himself, put forth his best effort..yet. So, his GPA in high school was for chit and his first semester was only like 3.12 or something like that. Keep telling myself he will turn it on sooner or later and blossum.

Donger
02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
http://www.travelmath.com/city/Key%20West,+FL

Lattitudes

Crestview 30 45' 42"
TB 27 56' 50"
KW 24 33' 19"

That's clearly a greater spread between Key West and Tampa vs. Crestview, and hence you might want to either re-check your data or correct yourself...

TB-CV < 3 degrees
TB-KW > 3 degrees

Yeah, I actually got those backwards. Anyway, I've already shown you that the geographical center of Florida is north of Tampa. That should answer your question.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Actually, if you measure the latitude between Crestview and Tampa, and the latitude between Key West and Tampa, you (might) notice that it is greater between Crestview and Tampa.

Yes, GREATER distance between Cview and Tampa...

putting Tampa in the SOUTH...

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I actually got those backwards. Anyway, I've already shown you that the geographical center of Florida is north of Tampa. That should answer your question.

We both did...

Oh get real. The "geographic center" is not the N/S line...

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
University of California-Santa Barbara is actually in Goleta, not Santa Barbara.

Not a Div 1a School, and a suburb counts...

University of Miami is in Coral Gables... so what...

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, GREATER distance between Cview and Tampa...

putting Tampa in the SOUTH...

I didn't even check to see what the latitude of the northern border of Florida is. I know that Crestview isn't quite there.

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I think they said his IQ was something like 148 but he still doesn't really apply himself, put forth his best effort..yet. So, his GPA in high school was for chit and his first semester was only like 3.12 or something like that. Keep telling myself he will turn it on sooner or later and blossum.

Oh, I see. That happens. My kid loves school so I've no problem there. Her GPA is 4.09 and her SAT is high but not as high in Math. She likes the ACT math more as it's easier and more predictable to prep for. She'll do 2 more of those and is only 2 points away from the full scholarship. I will be getting her IQ tested in about a month. I haven't done that yet. These aren't IQ tests. But she's competing against kids with more Honors or Dual Enrollment classes who have GPAs in the 5's.

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:02 PM
We both did...

Oh get real. The "geographic center" is not the N/S line...

The geographic center isn't just the N/S line.

redsurfer11
02-20-2011, 05:03 PM

Anyone?

C'mon, give them some credit. Dey wuz tinkin ahead. When Global warming takes over. It will be South Florida

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:03 PM
The geographic center isn't just the N/S line.

A "center of mass" will not mark the middle point between most north and most south if the land mass is not a perfect shape.

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
A "center of mass" will not mark the middle point between most north and most south if the land mass is not a perfect shape.

Yes, I know.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
C'mon, give them some credit. Dey wuz tinkin ahead. When Global warming takes over. It will be South Florida

A "Climate Major" from USF = sounds like a tippy toppiest for sure...

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:05 PM
A "Climate Major" from USF = sounds like a tippy toppiest for sure...

You are a Global Warming denier?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Do you read with a higher comprehension level than Dexter Manley?

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Do you read with a higher comprehension level than Dexter Manley?

I don't know who that is, but probably yes.

milkman
02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Not a Div 1a School, and a suburb counts...

University of Miami is in Coral Gables... so what...

It's not in Miami, that's what.

BigRedChief
Oh, I see. That happens. My kid loves school so I've no problem there. Her GPA is 4.09 and her SAT is high but not as high in Math. She likes the ACT math more as it's easier and more predictable to prep for. She'll do 2 more of those and is only 2 points away from the full scholarship. I will be getting her IQ tested in about a month. I haven't done that yet. These aren't IQ tests. But she's competing against kids with more Honors or Dual Enrollment classes who have GPAs in the 5's.oh, he loves to learn. He just doesn't like to study the things he has no interest in, but he needs to get his degree. Just immaturity. We are hoping having the natural smarts, the love of learning kicks in and the immaturity goes away. Worrying about your kids never stops...:doh!:

BucEyedPea
Northeast Asia?

LMAO

Donger
The University of Phoenix must really freak LaDairis out. They are everywhere.

milkman
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Manley

LaDairis

A former "student athlete" at Ok St.

"After his career in the United States ended, he revealed that he was functionally illiterate, despite having "studied" at Oklahoma State University for four years."

Music from "Hang 'em High"

Dumb Okies...

dumb Oh -keys

Dumb Okies...

ah oh ah ah....

BucEyedPea
oh, he loves to learn. He just doesn't like to study the things he has no interest in, but he needs to get his degree. Just immaturity. We are hoping having the natural smarts, the love of learning kicks in and the immaturity goes away. Worrying about your kids never stops...:doh!:

Oh yeah, that's how mine is on math especially Algebra. Can't believe she was even thinking of being a physicist at one point. I'm like those Chinese Tiger moms though. I make her do it. I even paid for an expensive tutor to sort her out. Her work ethic on making some part time money sukks though. 'Cause she wants to drive and I expected her to pay for her insurance. She can at least pay for that. She quit her first part time job that lasted for 4 weeks because it wasn't what she liked. She prefers to hang out on weekends and be a social butterfly. Drives me nuts!

Thig Lyfe
This is literally the worst thread.

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:12 PM

Oh, so he was a Zionist?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I have the

NOWLEDGE

to

ONOR

the no politics in The Lounge policy - do you??

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I have the

NOWLEDGE

to

ONOR

the no politics in The Lounge policy - do you??

What?

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 05:13 PM
This is literally the worst thread.

You're free to leave it then. Simple really.

milkman
02-20-2011, 05:14 PM

It's like a train wreck.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2011, 05:16 PM
This is quite entertaining.

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 05:16 PM
It's like a train wreck.

Those are exciting to watch.

Chief Pote
02-20-2011, 05:21 PM
If Frazod was a mod, he would have temp banned his ass for this thread.

luv
02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
What?

He seems to think anyone who is not him is a moron.

luv
02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
If Frazod was a mod, he would have temp banned his ass for this thread.

:spock:

BigRedChief
02-20-2011, 05:29 PM
He seems to think anyone who is not him is a moron.hey that job is taken. :harumph:

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:31 PM
What?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241831

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241831

Oh. You've got quite a collection of awesome threads going. Keep it up.

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:37 PM
He seems to think anyone who is not he is a moron.

FYP

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:38 PM
:spock:

LaDairis (who used to be TFG until he was banned for using the expression "white n*gger" ((and still does))) seemed to think that frazod got him banned the first time as a mod.

luv
02-20-2011, 05:44 PM
LaDairis (who used to be TFG until he was banned for using the expression "white n*gger" ((and still does))) seemed to think that frazod got him banned the first time as a mod.

He mistook frazod as a mod, so the rest of us have to suffer? Why has he not gotten banned for continuing to use the "n" word?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:44 PM
No, TFG was banned with SHTSPRYR in the old topic linked in DC discussed this morning initiated by Banyon?. But TFG was "red" color with something like "Frazod is pssd at u" without ever an explanation of why from Frazod...

Basically, some thought the DC section got a bit "out of hand..." and there was a "purge"

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:46 PM
No, TFG was banned with SHTSPRYR in the old topic linked in DC discussed this morning initiated by Banyon?. But TFG was "red" color with something like "Frazod is pssd at u" without ever an explanation of why from Frazod...

Basically, some thought the DC section got a bit "out of hand..." and there was a "purge"

Here's a hint: the words that appear when you hover your cursor over your rep bars are NOT to be taken as literal fact.

LMAO

Donger
02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
He mistook frazod as a mod, so the rest of us have to suffer? Why has he not gotten banned for continuing to use the "n" word?

See above. I don't know why he hasn't been banned again for the same thing. Albeit, I haven't bothered to search to see if he still uses the term "white n*gger" now or not. He claims that he has since coming back as LaDairis.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:48 PM
It was a fact that Frazod's name was listed over my "rep bars"

It was also a fact that Frazod had nasty things to say about "TFG" in the Lounge, behind TFG's back, instead of explaining to TFG in the DC section precisely what the "disagreement" was...

If you wish to criticize what someone posts in the DC section, the place to do that is the DC section, not here... at least that's what I've been informed...

luv
02-20-2011, 05:50 PM
See above. I don't know why he hasn't been banned again for the same thing. Albeit, I haven't bothered to search to see if he still uses the term "white n*gger" now or not. He claims that he has since coming back as LaDairis.

Yeah, I see. I also thought coming back with a different user name was a no-no? Oh well, I'm guessing not, since that seems to be the norm anymore.

luv
02-20-2011, 05:53 PM

It was also a fact that Frazod had nasty things to say about "TFG" in the Lounge, behind TFG's back, instead of explaining to TFG in the DC section precisely what the "disagreement" was...

If you wish to criticize what someone posts in the DC section, the place to do that is the DC section, not here... at least that's what I've been informed...

The message over the rep bars is automatic. Everyone has the same messages once they reach certain levels, either positive or negative.

As for the other, coming back and crying a river isn't going to resolve the issue.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:54 PM
In other words, coward is as coward does, and once a coward, always a coward...

GOT IT...

milkman
02-20-2011, 05:55 PM

The rep comments are just some made up bullshit that's there for entertainment.

Rep is the most useless shit around here.

luv
02-20-2011, 05:56 PM
In other words, coward is as coward does, and once a coward, always a coward...

GOT IT...
CP is a lot like real life in that you don't always get your way and shit isn't always fair. Do you whine IRL too?

kstater
02-20-2011, 05:58 PM
What the hell is up here?

And, the crazy part is that crazy BucEyedPea is oblivious as to what the intent of the thread is.

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Who in the hell is TFG? and why on earth did this thread get to 7 pages?

kstater
02-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh shit, the second page got worse.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I really don't whine.

Really.

This was a perfectly legit non-political thread in the Lounge, then Donger tried to make it political, and I had to "explain" stuff that is best left in DC...

do you define that as "whining?"

The "cause" for this part of the thread is Donger injecting DC stuff here...

and hoping his flock of future USF Geography majors will simply attack me, not him, for bringing politics here, an old trick by someone who profits from the idiocy of others...

luv
02-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I really don't whine.

Really.

This was a perfectly legit non-political thread in the Lounge, then Donger tried to make it political, and I had to "explain" stuff that is best left in DC...

and hoping his flock of future USF Geography majors will simply attack me, not him, for bringing politics here, an old trick by someone who profits from the idiocy of others...
You've got deflection down to an art.

milkman
02-20-2011, 06:02 PM
TFG was a giy that was pimping Daryl Harris a couple of years ago, wasn't he?

kstater
02-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I really don't whine.

Really.

Since when is explaining geographical coordinates a political discussion?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 06:03 PM
The simple truth is that some feel it necessary to hate me for my views, views for some reason they do not have either the mental or intestinal fortitude to attempt to debate in DC, where such discussions belong.

And hence they attack me and try to blame me for bringing politics here to the Lounge, a tactic successfully used before...

LaDairis
TFG was a giy that was pimping Daryl Harris a couple of years ago, wasn't he?

Yes, his first post was a detailed review of Harris as the OLG next to Mr. Blindside at Ole Miss...

Al Bundy

And, the crazy part is that crazy BucEyedPea is oblivious as to what the intent of the thread is.

I am oblivious to it as well.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Since when is explaining geographical coordinates a political discussion?

When Donger injects virulent DC lingo in it...

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 06:08 PM
The simple truth is that some feel it necessary to hate me for my views, views for some reason they do not have either the mental or intestinal fortitude to attempt to debate in DC, where such discussions belong.

And hence they attack me and try to blame me for bringing politics here to the Lounge, a tactic successfully used before...

Ok, why on earth did you bring up some random USF non-topic on a Chiefs message board?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Ok, why on earth did you bring up some random USF non-topic on a Chiefs message board?

For some reason, I've been nominated to run a campaign here, and I'm winning big time...

Donger
02-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I really don't whine.

Really.

I injected what?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 06:12 PM
I injected what?

First zionist then white n-word...

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2011, 06:14 PM
pussy.

sent from my pony-xpress

Thig Lyfe
02-20-2011, 06:16 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/705380/80999678.jpg

milkman
02-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes, his first post was a detailed review of Harris as the OLG next to Mr. Blindside at Ole Miss...

I don't give a rat's ass about political crap, but I did agree with your opinion about Harris.

Frazod
02-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Is THAT why you're so pissed at me? ROFL

It's just the silly comment that goes with the first level of negative rep, you dumbass. I didn't write it, nor do I have any control over it. Unless I happen to be the one who gives you rep, either positive or negative, to land your point total in that range.

This actually isn't the first moron to blame this on me.

Donger
02-20-2011, 06:34 PM
First zionist then white n-word...

That? I thought after Global Warming was brought (to which you responded politically), all was fair game. Was I wrong with that assumption?

Then again, what's wrong with people knowing that you have used and do use those words over in DC?

JD10367
02-20-2011, 07:10 PM
When I lived in Tampa, I actually wondered why it was called USF. Tampa is clearly in the center of the state thinking north-south. Jacksonville and Pensecola are north, Tampa and Orlando and Daytona are center, and Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and the Keys are south.

I think the reasoning is probably simple: when the university was founded (50s/60s), there really WAS no "central Florida". Orlando was a tiny shithole until Walt stuck his mouse house there. There would have been no reason to want people to think of "central Florida" when they thought of the school. Putting "south" in the title, OTOH, would invoke thoughts of warm sunny climes and would entice kids to want to go to school there.

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM

You do realize that you being on the board(after you were banned as TFG) is against the board rules, right?

BucEyedPea
02-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Not really. I answered to the thread at first in Post #30, as well as another. Not much more to add after that. Then I just digressed in Post #31 which someone took me up on. Where the two of us digressed some more....even pm'd me. It was all good between us. It happens.

ArrowheadHawk
02-20-2011, 08:55 PM
I didn't even know who LaDumass was till yesterday but after this thread he is getting my vote for douche of the year.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Is THAT why you're so pissed at me? ROFL

It's just the silly comment that goes with the first level of negative rep, you dumbass. I didn't write it, nor do I have any control over it. Unless I happen to be the one who gives you rep, either positive or negative, to land your point total in that range.

This actually isn't the first moron to blame this on me.

Curious, this correlation here.

You were listed as the reason for TFG's "red" rating, and you were bashing TFG in the Lounge, and you clearly didn't like TFG in the final topic linked in DC today...

and all of this was just coincidence...

and your name on the, whatever bar, that's coincidence, and the fact that you were hating TFG behind TFG's back, pure coincidence... at the same time.

Somehow, that's pretty difficult to believe...

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 10:31 PM
I didn't even know who LaDumass was till yesterday but after this thread he is getting my vote for douche of the year.

You and I are in the same boat. I had never even heard of/seen the guy until yesterday.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM
That? I thought after Global Warming was brought (to which you responded politically), all was fair game. Was I wrong with that assumption?

Then again, what's wrong with people knowing that you have used and do use those words over in DC?

LOL!!

You brought up Global Warming.

I responded by comparing your reading comprehension to Dexter Manley's.

Clearly, you really hate me and the truth I spread, and you are obsessed with trying to start some sort of eruption of political dialogue in a thread about USF... in the Lounge...

I don't follow you around documenting the truth that you take money from a foreign country to push what many consider to be treason here, and its not the first time treason has originated from your "faith" either...

Rather, I simply document that in the DC forum where it belongs.

How many times do you intend to follow me into the Lounge and plant politics in my Lounge topics???

milkman
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM

You were listed as the reason for TFG's "red" rating, and you were bashing TFG in the Lounge, and you clearly didn't like TFG in the final topic linked in DC today...

and your name on the, whatever bar, that's coincidence, and the fact that you were hating TFG behind TFG's back, pure coincidence... at the same time.

You hit a level in the negative rep that simply had Frazod's line attached to it because his rants in the early days of the planet were legendary.

He had nothing to do with the actual designation of those rep levels.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:36 PM
You do realize that you being on the board(after you were banned as TFG) is against the board rules, right?

You do realize that every time politics is brought up here in the Lounge, you have no problem with it, unless it is by LaDairis...

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 10:37 PM
You do realize that every time politics is brought up here in the Lounge, you have no problem with it, unless it is by LaDairis...

Where did I mention politics in this thread?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:39 PM
You hit a level in the negative rep that simply had Frazod's line attached to it because his rants in the early days of the planet were legendary.

He had nothing to do with the actual designation of those rep levels.

Then why was he so eager to bash TFG, first in the Lounge behind TFG's back, and then in the topic about banning TFG and SHTSPRYR that ended up banning both???

I mean, come on... he's done exactly the same here with LaDairis...

HE HATES WHAT I POST ABOUT HIM AND HIS "FAITH" IN DC...

It is cold in the morning. The sun rises. It gets warmer. Clearly the sun has nothing to do with that.... that's about what you are asking me to believe...

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Then why was he so eager to bash TFG, first in the Lounge behind TFG's back, and then in the topic about banning TFG and SHTSPRYR that ended up banning both???

It is cold in the morning. The sun rises. It gets warmer. Clearly the sun has nothing to do with that.... that's about what you are asking me to believe...

Milkman is telling the truth about the rep tag. There's a thread about it(I'll link you to it after this post).

LaDairis
Where did I mention politics in this thread?

You didn't. But Donger did, all over this topic. And did you have any outrage over that? NOPE...

The silver in Donger's pocket buys much....

milkman

Believe what ever the hell you want.

I can only tell you what is.

But if you want to be a dumbass and believe otherwise, go right on ahead.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:44 PM
When I lived in Tampa, I actually wondered why it was called USF. Tampa is clearly in the center of the state thinking north-south. Jacksonville and Pensecola are north, Tampa and Orlando and Daytona are center, and Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and the Keys are south.

I think the reasoning is probably simple: when the university was founded (50s/60s), there really WAS no "central Florida". Orlando was a tiny shithole until Walt stuck his mouse house there. There would have been no reason to want people to think of "central Florida" when they thought of the school. Putting "south" in the title, OTOH, would invoke thoughts of warm sunny climes and would entice kids to want to go to school there.

THERE YOU GO!!!

People like

Jason Pierre-Paul

who likely never paid much attention to geography anyways...

BTW - I really do like USF C Sampson Genus, who is being dissed for lack of height, but is really one great athlete and a heck of a good C, and worth a look in round 7 'cause if the Chiefs don't draft him, he ain't gonna come here as an undrafted - he'll stay in FLA.

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 10:45 PM
You didn't. But Donger did, all over this topic. And did you have any outrage over that? NOPE...

That isn't why I posted in this thread.

Here's the link to the thread I previously mentioned:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211280(A few more have since been added, FWIW)

Negative Rep 3: ________ did something to piss Frazod off.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Believe what ever the hell you want.

I can only tell you what is.

But if you want to be a dumbass and believe otherwise, go right on ahead.

I BELIEVE I BELIEVE

I will ignore the side show noises here....

Frazod
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person now? Have you suffered a complete psychotic break?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person now? Have you suffered a complete psychotic break?

I see... always looking to change the subject, and toss out the "you're crazy" charge.

I believe X - you're crazy
I believe Y - you're batshyt
I believe Z - get to a mental facility now

At some point, do you ever tire of just dodging, lying, and then bashing people behind their backs, only to lie about doing so when busted?

Precisely what about anything I've posted is "crazy?"

Yeah, the truth in DC you hate so very much, because it documents you for what you truly are...

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 10:57 PM
because it documents you for what you truly are...

So what is frazod?

milkman
02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
So what is frazod?

The guy who sends him over the edge.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:09 PM
So what is frazod?

Sad, dishonest, petty, cowardly, and untrustworthy, but he also has a bad side too...

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Jefferson's song

Movin on Up

Movin on Up

Gettin MORE RED!!!

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Sad, dishonest, petty, cowardly, and untrustworthy, but he also has a bad side too...

He's always seemed alright to me. However I would like to know who you are a mult of.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:12 PM
a mult?

define...

Imon Yourside
02-20-2011, 11:13 PM
a mult?

define...

A multi account poster.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:14 PM
No. TFG was banned in early 09. Haven't posted until LaDairis showed up a few weeks ago...

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 11:16 PM
No. TFG was banned in early 09. Haven't posted until LaDairis showed up a few weeks ago...

So, do you admit you posted previously on CP until you were banned and this isn't your first account on CP?

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
OH gosh, is there a CP indictment coming?

Any idea who I can hire as an attorney??

Maybe Greta will hear my case.,..

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM

It's a simple yes or no question.

LaDairis
02-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Can't I even talk to my attorney first??

Frazod
02-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I see... always looking to change the subject, and toss out the "you're crazy" charge.

I believe X - you're crazy
I believe Y - you're batshyt
I believe Z - get to a mental facility now

At some point, do you ever tire of just dodging, lying, and then bashing people behind their backs, only to lie about doing so when busted?

Precisely what about anything I've posted is "crazy?"

Yeah, the truth in DC you hate so very much, because it documents you for what you truly are...

See my reply in DC. I think it pretty much covers everything you're curious about. Happy trails, whacko!

Rams Fan
02-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Can't I even talk to my attorney first??

It's a simple question. There's no need for you to hide something.

Frazod
02-20-2011, 11:27 PM

patteeu's an attorney. He seems to have a soft spot for anybody I don't like. Drop him a PM.

redsurfer11
02-21-2011, 08:52 AM

Lighten up Francine. Donger didn't bring up politics (Global Warming). I DID, As a joke. If the Ice Caps melt. Tampa will be South Florida.

Donger
02-21-2011, 09:08 AM
LOL!!

You brought up Global Warming.

No I didn't.

Clearly, you really hate me and the truth I spread, and you are obsessed with trying to start some sort of eruption of political dialogue in a thread about USF... in the Lounge...

I don't hate you and I'm not aware of the truth you claim you spread.

How many times do you intend to follow me into the Lounge and plant politics in my Lounge topics???

I'm not following you. If I happen to be in the Lounge when you post another wonderful thread, that is just coincidence.

What's your next thread in the Lounge going to be about, BTW?

Frazod
02-21-2011, 09:15 AM
We all hate LaDairis. It's a conspiracy. And I'm responsible for all of it.

You're just one of evile minions, Donger. Admit it!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-21-2011, 09:24 AM

So how much does being a minion pay? If the rates are good, I could stand to pick up a second job.

God willing, I might even make lackey one of these days. :evil:

Frazod
02-21-2011, 09:55 AM
So how much does being a minion pay? If the rates are good, I could stand to pick up a second job.

God willing, I might even make lackey one of these days. :evil:

A good minion can easily make a $200K or more in casino cash. :thumb:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
A good minion can easily make a $200K or more in casino cash. :thumb:

Well heck, sign me up.

The way I lose money at Blackjack, this might be the only way to stay in the black in 2011. :thumb:

Frazod
02-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Well heck, sign me up.

The way I lose money at Blackjack, this might be the only way to stay in the black in 2011. :thumb:

I'll move you up to the top of the goon pool. Will PM when needed. :D

Donger
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM

No, I don't hate him.

sportsman1
02-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for wasting 30 minutes of my life, that was entertaining. FWIW I have wondered once or twice about USF myself. Doesn't strike me as a good name but what I do I know? I'm from Texas.

bowener
02-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Why is this douche bag starting threads?

MahiMike
02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
U r We Todded.

LaDairis
02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks for wasting 30 minutes of my life, that was entertaining. FWIW I have wondered once or twice about USF myself. Doesn't strike me as a good name but what I do I know? I'm from Texas.

Well, at least the University of North Texas is clearly in the northern half of the state of Texas...