PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Tommy John Surgery for Adam Wainwright

WebGem
02-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Mo confirms Wainwright will need Tommy John surgery.

Wow

DMAC
02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
At least it aint tom cash surgery

Dante84
02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Tommy Lee surgery would result in a bigger wang, more tattoos and a coke habit.

Tommy Two Tone surgery would cost $8,675,309

Tommy Pickle surgery would mean he has to wear a diaper.

Tommy Hilfiger surgery would be out of style.

Tommy Lee Jones surgery would take place in every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and dog house in that area.

I would be fine with Tommy John surgery, given the alternatives.

DMAC
02-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Tommy Lee surgery would result in a bigger wang, more tattoos and a coke habit. Meh

Tommy Two Tone surgery would cost $8,675,309 ROFL

Tommy Pickle surgery would mean he has to wear a diaper. Meh

Tommy Hilfiger surgery would be out of style. :doh!:
Tommy Lee Jones surgery would take place in every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and dog house in that area. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I would be fine with Tommy John surgery, given the alternatives.

:)

Dante84
02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
:)

Yeah, i couldn't just do two though. The others were tough.

Sigh. oh well.

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
We already have acardinals thread, use it

Dartgod
02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
This is pretty big news and some of us don't venture into the Cards thread.

I've never understood why people get so upset over threads they think are "not worthy".

KurtCobain
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM

this times a thousand.

There's so many shits that I could give less.

WebGem
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM

I've never understood why people get so upset over threads they think are "not worthy".

Yeah I could really care less if someone gets mad, and anyone who's not a Cardinals fan (myself included) will rarely read that thread.

There's a Cardinals prefix on the thread creator for a reason isn't there?

KurtCobain
02-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah I could really care less if someone gets mad, and anyone who's not a Cardinals fan (myself included) will rarely read that thread.

There shouldn't be one of those.

WV
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Tough break for Wainwright and the Cards.

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM

There a good reason for only one cardinal thread. Ticked off members at cardinal threads on the board, they can Place the one thread on ignore and never see any cardinal discussion taking place.

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM

This isn't news. It's been known since Tuesday morning.

Swanman
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
There a good reason for only one cardinal thread. Ticked off members at cardinal threads on the board, they can Place the one thread on ignore and never see any cardinal discussion taking place.

Some members need to grow a thicker skin then. It's the offseason, the board is normally littered with 15,000+ bullshit threads anyway.

Dartgod
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Excuse me for being a couple of days behind on my Cardinals news. :rolleyes:

mnchiefsguy
02-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Very tough break for the Cards. Given that the Brewers added Greinke, this is almost like a double whammy...Milwaukee improves while the Cards take a step back. Milwaukee and Cincy have to be considered the front runners for the Central now, I just don't see how the Cards can keep pace.

SAUTO
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM

ROFL panties in a bunch today?

i watch a shit ton of news and today is thursday and last night which was wednesday they hadnt actually confirmed it.

they talked of a "significant elbow injury" which would lead some to assume.

but when one of the best pitchers in baseball goes down its news.

BTW Blue Jays fans will be here soon to tell you that he will be better from this. every pitcher should have this surgery according to some of them.....

DMAC
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, i couldn't just do two though. The others were tough.

Sigh. oh well.

It's not unusual to have Tom Jones surgery and start dancing like carlton.

seclark
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
tommy chong surgery might be worth a try...
sec

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Excuse me for being a couple of days behind on my Cardinals news. :rolleyes:

I've offered to convert ya to a cardinals fan. The offer still stands.

DMAC
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I've offered to convert ya to a cardinals fan. The offer still stands.

How does this work...I want in.

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 12:57 PM
How does this work...I want in.

First step: never accept losing
Second: have playoff expectations on yearly basis
3rd: start generations of family loyalty. My son is 5th generation fan.
4th: display some passion when your team gets kicked inthe gonads. Related to rule 1

A lot of you royals fans would make great fans.

Dante84
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
It's not unusual to have Tom Jones surgery and start dancing like carlton.

Well, if we can use "Tom"....

Tom Hanks surgery would have him RUNNANG in no time.

seclark
02-24-2011, 01:38 PM
just plain old tommy surgery...hope his assistant makes sure he's working on the right arm.

DMAC
02-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Well, if we can use "Tom"....

Tom Hanks surgery would have him RUNNANG in no time.

Funny, but to use "Tom" you need to put 2 jokes in the line, like i so eloquently did.

Dartgod
02-24-2011, 01:57 PM
First step: Remove half your brain.
FYP.

:p

Reaper16
02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
First step: never accept losing
Second: have playoff expectations on yearly basis
3rd: start generations of family loyalty. My son is 5th generation fan.
4th: display some passion when your team gets kicked inthe gonads. Related to rule 1

A lot of you royals fans would make great fans.
A lot of us Royals fans already are great fans. Great fan and Cardinals fan are not necessarily the same thing.

Dante84
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Funny, but to use "Tom" you need to put 2 jokes in the line, like i so eloquently did.

And I recognize, and appreciate, the two-punch technique, I just opted to keep within my original format which gave birth to the whole approach.

But I was not aware that deducting the -my from "Tommy" required an additional punch. Having now understood that:

Since his arm had a break down, he should have Tom Petty surgery. It would be a lengthy recovery, but if he is really running down a dream, he has to start at square one and remember that the waiting is the hardest part. His game might have a temporary free fall, people will criticize and he might feel like another face in the crowd. He will need to tell them not to do him like that, don't come around here no more, and also remind them that he won't back down. Sooner or later, he'll feel a whole lot better.

DMAC
02-24-2011, 02:24 PM
And I recognize, and appreciate, the two-punch technique, I just opted to keep within my original format which gave birth to the whole approach.

But I was not aware that deducting the -my from "Tommy" required an additional punch. Having now understood that:

Since his arm had a break down, he should have Tom Petty surgery. It would be a lengthy recovery, but if he is really running down a dream, he has to start at square one and remember that the waiting is the hardest part. His game might have a temporary free fall, people will criticize and he might feel like another face in the crowd. He will need to tell them not to do him like that, don't come around here no more, and also remind them that he won't back down. Sooner or later, he'll feel a whole lot better.

You lost me, what were we talking about?

Dante84
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
You lost me, what were we talking about?

Tom & Jerry surgery.

SPchief
02-24-2011, 02:34 PM

Alot of us don't read that thread.

And its not currently on the front page

Chief Chief
02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
The Cards' GM shoulda seen this one comin' from a mile away and made a trade with KC -- Pujols for Greinke -- back when life was good.

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 02:42 PM
A lot of us Royals fans already are great fans. Great fan and Cardinals fan are not necessarily the same thing.

Dude, it's tounge in cheeck,sarcasm, I think royal fans are some of the best fans out there. Taking 100 loss seasons year after year, seasons over before it starts etc. I give out major props all the time to royal fans.

Reaper16
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Dude, it's tounge in cheeck,sarcasm, I think royal fans are some of the best fans out there. Taking 100 loss seasons year after year, seasons over before it starts etc. I give out major props all the time to royal fans.
We don't need your silver tongue and promises of snake oil, sir. We will not be converted!

BigRedChief
02-24-2011, 02:54 PM
We don't need your silver tongue and promises of snake oil, sir. We will not be converted!

You just want pujols?

journeyscarab
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought maybe he had "sad eyes" but that would be Robert Johns Surgery.