PDA

View Full Version : Football Fox: Orton is our starter

dirk digler
02-24-2011, 10:56 AM
lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/john-fox-says-kyle-orton-is-broncos-starter/

In a somewhat surprising statement at the NFL Scouting Combine, Broncos coach John Fox named his starting quarterback: Kyle Orton.

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s under contract and he’s the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos,” Fox said of Orton, according to multiple reporters passing along his comments on Twitter. “Kyle Orton is our starter.”

Fox downplayed the possibility that Orton could be traded.
That comment comes less than a week after Orton said he had barely heard from Fox and had no idea what his future held in Denver. Those comments suggested that Fox wasn’t overly enthusiastic about keeping Orton around.

But this week’s report that Tim Tebow doesn’t have much support in Denver suggests that Orton won’t be losing his job to last year’s first-round draft pick. Fox’s comments today would seem to confirm that.

Of course, it’s entirely possible that Fox will feel differently six or seven months from now (or whenever the NFL season starts) than he does at the moment. But as of right now, Fox is saying that Orton, not Tebow, is his guy.

WV
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
God cannot be happy.

RealSNR
02-24-2011, 11:45 AM
God cannot be happy.Tebow needs to be denied three times before he can ascend to QB heaven

WV
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Tebow needs to be denied three times before he can ascend to QB heaven

:LOL:

Mr. Laz
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM

ROFL

DTLB58
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
God cannot be happy.

Nor can the donky fans. Gawd I hope they trade that fugger (T.T.) out of the division.

BossChief
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I actually think Tebow can be a winning quarterback if given the right coaching... Thankfully they don't have a premier guy to develop him there...McCoy is ok, but I don't think hes good enough to succeed with such a large project.

58kcfan89
02-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Made my day. Well done, sir. ROFL

vailpass
02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Starting QBs get you more in a trade.

talastan
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
KnowMo to Coach Fox: "Oh ye of little faith." :shake:

bowener
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
http://www.ourhonordefend.com/wp-content/uploads/timtebow_carriesthecross.png

Fox, why have you forsaken me?

bowener
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM
KnowMo to Coach Fox: "Oh ye of little faith." :shake:
You're shitting me, right? KnowMo will praise Fox. "Fox has unmatched candor amongst NFL coaches..."

Rausch
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
So he's not as stupid as many think...

Quesadilla Joe
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Starting QBs get you more in a trade.

This.

Denver desperately wants to get more second day picks and I'm sure Orton would net us at least a 3rd and a 4th.

The Franchise
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe San Francisco will trade for him.

Rausch
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
This.

Denver desperately wants to get more second day picks and I'm sure Orton would net us....

Wait, you tards are trying to trade Orton over "Jesus?"

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/810928-lmao_super-300x217.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Kyle Orton has never brought us back from a 17 point deficit in the second half. He (and the rest of the team) pretty much gave up if we were down by more than 10.

Tebow inspires guys to keep fighting and to keep play with the way he plays and the way he leads. Tebow is going to be a fantastic QB. He has all the tools and he has a natural feel for the game. Everything he isn't very good at can be coached and corrected through hard work.

Molitoth
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Kyle Orton has never brought us back from a 17 point deficit in the second half. He (and the rest of the team) pretty much gave up if we were down by more than 10.

Tebow inspires guys to keep fighting and to keep play with the way he plays and the way he leads. Tebow is going to be a fantastic QB. He has all the tools and he has a natural feel for the game. Everything he isn't very good at can be coached and corrected through hard work.

Too bad Elway doesn't want him. :p

vailpass
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Wait, you tards are trying to trade Orton over "Jesus?"

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/810928-lmao_super-300x217.jpg

Tards? That's just plain hurtful.
I don't have any idea if Denver is going to trade Orton or now, was just making an observation.

Rausch
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Tards? That's just plain hurtful.
I don't have any idea if Denver is going to trade Orton or now, was just making an observation.

1 legit passer is worth 2 in the bush.

Dumping the 1 productive part of your offense to.....you know what......nevermind.

You should do that. You really should trade Orton.

Outside the division...

BigCatDaddy
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM

Dumping the 1 productive part of your offense to.....you know what......nevermind.

Outside the division...

Or to us.

Mile High Mania
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM

As if you would know... you didn't watch the games when they were down by 10.

They're doing this to keep potential trade value as high as it can be... and I say potential because if there is no new agreement prior to the draft, there will be no trading of Orton or anyone for draft picks in 2011.

vailpass
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Outside the division...

LMAO Hey, don't get all angy at me. Believe it or not I don't have any control over what Denver does with their QBs.

Mile High Mania
02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I have no idea what they'll do... but Orton hasn't been the problem for them offensively in his 2 seasons. The ground game has been sporadic and they haven't had a solid TE for years.

If they don't fix the defense... it won't matter who plays QB.

Rams Fan
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
This.

Denver desperately wants to get more second day picks and I'm sure Orton would net us at least a 3rd and a 4th.

Not happening. Orton's the starter and you know that. So, is Tebow better than Bradford?

Rams Fan
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM

That's bullshit. Did you see the game against the Rams when they almost came back and won? Oh wait a minute, you didn't.

Rausch
02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
That's bullshit. Did you see the game against the Rams when they almost came back and won? Oh wait a minute, you didn't.

:eek:

Rams Fan
02-24-2011, 04:44 PM
:eek:

He said that Tebow was better than Bradford. I showed him stats that proved him otherwise and told him about the defenses he played against, but nooooo, Tebow just happens to be the magic one that will be better than Bradford.:shake:

Rausch
02-24-2011, 04:51 PM
He said that Tebow was better than Bradford. I showed him stats that proved him otherwise and told him about the defenses he played against, but nooooo, Tebow just happens to be the magic one that will be better than Bradford.:shake:

I was eluding to the fact you'd decisively won the argument.

That said, you'd deserved a pic to celebrate as much.

I posted one (despite my hate of all things LAMB.)

My bad.

Rasputin
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
How much I hate Elway is irrelevant now, I'l take his dipshittery to lead the Donkos to another poor football season leaving them in the dust & last in the division.

This is funny stuff from Donkos, they are not showing any signs of improvement just moot moves that make them the same as they were last season in suckville. Chump Bailey is getting older and a step slower come next season. Orton is an ok QB, but Tebow gives the Donkos a spark and has much more upside than Orton does. Fine with me Orton can be the man for them, let Tebow not be there savior.

Rausch
02-24-2011, 05:15 PM

No win argument here.

I absolutely LOATHE both your teams. Hate, dripping, the way teh herpes-berry-AIDS-tree makes everything suck.

I'm still pissed off that the St .LOUIS station fuggen dissed me on the last four episodes of Voltron back in like 86. Perhaps 87.

Not sure, my math is bad.

Anyway, FUCK ST.LOUIS. Fuck it back down to the old and 80's days!
EAT A FAT SACK OF DICKS AND COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT ALL FUCKING DAY LONG ABOUT YOUR.......

Wait.

You've won multiple sports titles.

GTFO!!!!

Taco John
02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Meh. Tebow will be the starter by game 1.

Rausch
02-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Meh. Tebow will be the starter by game 1.

Hope so...

BigMeatballDave
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Denver would be a great CFL team.ROFL

Frazod
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I keep hoping that Orton gets busted on a prostitution charge, but only because I want to be able to post a thread about it entitled "Orton Hires a Ho."

Garcia Bronco
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I love talking about the starters in Feburary. you know; before training camp and mini-camps... the draft.