PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Indian-style pizza

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Saw this in the local paper this morning. Sounds interesting.

http://www.bombaypizzaco.com/index.php?status=featuredpizza

http://www.bombaypizzaco.com/graphics/menu001.jpg

http://www.bombaypizzaco.com/uploads/pizza07.jpg

http://www.bombaypizzaco.com/uploads/pizza03.jpg

Saulbadguy
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Looks tasty.

Donger
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Am I missing something? I don't see the word "curry" at all.

Mr. Kotter
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
A couple look, possibly, interesting....but most look downright nasty. :spock:

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM

That's because you like steak and taters you fucking midwestern caveman.

Stewie
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I'll have the Gateway of India. Who's buying?

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Am I missing something? I don't see the word "curry" at all.

Spicy potato gravy is basically curry.

Donger
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
A chicken curry pizza would be worth trying.

KCUnited
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Outstanding.

Hootie
03-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't order indian food...

if I'm racist towards any people it's indian people...they smell, they are entitled, and they suck.

the white washed ones aren't so bad

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM

That's because you're a fucking moron.

You lived in the one of the greatest cultural melting pots in America and you never tried to explore indian food....you missed out.

seclark
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM

if I'm racist towards any people it's indian people...they smell, they are entitled, and they suck.

wouldn't hire you, huh?
sec

Mr. Kotter
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Yeah, that whole caste system crap, is an albatros around their neck.

So 18th century, and all. :shake:

Hootie
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
wouldn't hire you, huh?
sec

hire me to do what?

at least when you order Chinese food they have pictures...

you're on your own around here when it comes to Indian food...if I can't say it, and I can't decipher what is in it...I'm not ordering it (unless it comes with a pretty picture like the Chinese places offer)

Mr. Kotter
03-02-2011, 12:00 PM
That's because you like steak and taters you ****ing midwestern caveman.

Actually, I'm not big on meat and potatoes--at least, not like most midwesterners. Chicken, pizza-pasta Italian style, tex-mex are much more appealing to me.

I've tried Indian food a number of times, and my consistent reaction was pretty much: "people really pay good money for this? Seriously?"

It just doesn't do it for me. To each his own, though. I suspect curried-man-sausage is a favorite of yours...heh.

NTTAWWT, of course.

Donger
It's kind of creepy when I get around Indian people. Once they figure out that I used to be British, their entire demeanor changes.

Hootie
there is this new Indian kabob house that looks interesting...but I don't think I have the courage to go in there...

also

when I paint apartments during turnover...you can instantly tell when an indian resided in one of the units...because JFC...they reek (like curry and ballsack)

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
if I can't say it, and I can't decipher what is in it...I'm not ordering it

LMAO

Any decent restuarant will have a description on the menu.

And there's this thing called the INTERNET where you can LOOK UP stuff on MENUS and even GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH for pictures.

there is this new Indian kabob house that looks interesting...but I don't think I have the courage to go in there...

Are you telling me you've NEVER had indian food?

Dude...

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Chicken

Hey cletus, what you in the mood for tonight?

Um...chicken?

YOUR PALATE IS PATHETIC

Hootie
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't think I've ever had indian food...it's just a new place on campus that looks interesting...

I love spicy food...and from what I hear...Indian food is spicy...

but I wouldn't know what to order and I'm a very picky eater...I'd go in to the dish expecting to be grossed out and I'm sure I'd end up hating whatever I ordered.

Pants
03-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Man, I fucking love Indian food. My current roommate is Indian (well, he was born and raised in the UK) and he makes the best fucking chicken tikka masala I have ever tasted. None of the local Indian restaurants even come close. I mean his balance of spice is immaculate. It's really spicy without being super hot, just amazing flavor. We buy fresh naan and he heats it up on one of his special little things you put over a regular stove-top.

Having said all that, Indian style pizza sounds completely unappealing to me. Fuck. That. Noise.

Hootie
03-02-2011, 12:04 PM
there is also a new Chicago Beef Stand right next door and that's as American as you can get...and I bleed red, white and blue so...

fuck the kabob house!

Mr. Kotter
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
It's kind of creepy when I get around Indian people. Once they figure out that I used to be British, their entire demeanor changes.

I'll bet.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

I'll have to try my Bond accent the next time I'm around some of them....

ReynardMuldrake
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Paneer on a pizza? Genius!

Hammock Parties
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't think I've ever had indian food...it's just a new place on campus that looks interesting...

I love spicy food...and from what I hear...Indian food is spicy...

but I wouldn't know what to order and I'm a very picky eater...I'd go in to the dish expecting to be grossed out and I'm sure I'd end up hating whatever I ordered.

Jesus dude, how long did you live in Chicago?

I bet there are orgasmically good indian joints in that town.

Find a good place via internet reviews, order chicken tikka masala, side of naan, with raita. Simple as that. If you don't like that...it's not for you.

ClevelandBronco
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Racist? You? Oh, no. You're fine. :spock:

WV
03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I absolutely love Indian food, but I'll pass on the pizza. There isn't much out there that's better than a good Murgh Tikka Masala.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Buy some and post pics, let us know how it is. I need to see if there is an indian restaraunt around here to try it.

Saccopoo
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I make my own. Every Indian restaurant I've been to isn't really that good, and, frankly, I find the preparation and presentation a bit provincial. And it's typically overpriced.

At least this pizza joint is attempting to add a bit of creativity into the standard fare. Personally, I tend to trend towards a Goa slant when I cook Indian food. Substantially more flexibility in terms of accepted adjuncts as well as the primary food. (Beef, fish are all utilitized.)

Have some of my Goan fish curry then listen to this and you'll find another level of consciousness:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IB5kOdf8lDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RockChalk
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Buy some and post pics, let us know how it is. I need to see if there is an indian restaraunt around here to try it.

I know you don't live in Lawrence, but out here there is a place called India Palace that is pretty darn good IMO

I'm a part of the no thanks to Indian Pizza though...

Rausch
03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I'd try it.

Sassy Squatch
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Slumdog sounds like a meatlovers. I want it.

ReynardMuldrake
03-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I know you don't live in Lawrence, but out here there is a place called India Palace that is pretty darn good IMO

I'm a part of the no thanks to Indian Pizza though...

India Palace in Lawrence is part of a chain. There are two more in KC owned by the same guy. The restaurant on Metcalf I think went out of business though.

Sassy Squatch
03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Berry Bombay is the worst.... Strawberries on a pizza?

RockChalk
03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
India Palace in Lawrence is part of a chain. There are two more in KC owned by the same guy. The restaurant on Metcalf I think went out of business though.

I was not aware of that. Always told it was local, haha. Of course up here, most of the residents are all gung-ho about being local.

Pants
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I was not aware of that. Always told it was local, haha. Of course up here, most of the residents are all gung-ho about being local.

Yeah, my resident Indian food experts say that Chili and Spice in OP is pretty much the only place they consider eating at when they want Indian food and don't feel like cooking any.

ReynardMuldrake
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Local chain, not national. There were three that I was aware of. The one on 87th in Lenexa is still there.

ReynardMuldrake
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah, my resident Indian food experts say that Chili and Spice in OP is pretty much the only place they consider eating at when they want Indian food and don't feel like cooking any.

An Indian place in OP I haven't tried?? Just looked it up, I know exactly where that is. I'll definately check it out.

IMO, Ruchi on College & Antioch is the best Indian in the city. Really amazing stuff.

Pants
03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
An Indian place in OP I haven't tried?? Just looked it up, I know exactly where that is. I'll definately check it out.

IMO, Ruchi on College & Antioch is the best Indian in the city. Really amazing stuff.

Never been to Ruchi, will have to try it out. It's hard to do when your roommate buddy cooks perfection on a regular basis, though, lol.

RockChalk
03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Local chain, not national. There were three that I was aware of. The one on 87th in Lenexa is still there.

I grew up in Lenexa. Where is the one on 87th at?

Also, I've heard of Ruchi but never tried it. May have to give it a shot next time I'm in town and needing a colon-cleanse

ReynardMuldrake
03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Never been to Ruchi, will have to try it out. It's hard to do when your roommate buddy cooks perfection on a regular basis, though, lol.

Oh man, they have the best palak paneer. The fresh ginger and the cream and the spinach together... awesome!

I'd like to learn to cook Indian. I can make a really good chicken curry, but that's about all I know.

phisherman
03-02-2011, 01:41 PM
It just goes to show you, opinions of Indian food in KC varies GREATLY. I always thought Rucci was awful.

Now, Korma Sutra? Nice. Their egg aloo is sooooo good.

ReynardMuldrake
03-02-2011, 01:44 PM
It just goes to show you, opinions of Indian food in KC varies GREATLY. I always thought Rucci was awful.

I still have an entertainment book coupon for that place. Their korma is great, I don't think I've ever had egg aloo before. I may give it a try.

Kerberos
03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Clayton

What is the carb count on one of those pizza's?

I tried your pork rind pizza crust. It's not that great but it will do since I cannot eat bread or pasta anymore.

BTW thanks for the recipe.

bevischief
03-02-2011, 03:36 PM

I agree.

Hootie
03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
and I don't get why everyone gets on me for being a racist...

I'm sorry I call them how I see it...I hate scumbags...I don't think Indians are generally scumbags, but they do tend to smell awful and most have a sense of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way...

I have nothing against black people but I don't know how anyone can argue the ratio of scumbag black people is amazingly high when compared to the amount of scumbag white people.

Asians never bother me...

and I respect hardworking Mexicans more than anyone I know.

so fuck you guys for razzing me for calling them how I see it...I'd rather be honest than "politically correct"...being "politically correct" is being a pussy.

jiveturkey
03-02-2011, 03:47 PM

I agree that Rucci sucks and Korma Sutra is good.

I prefer Paradise India over KS though. The owner is a weirdo but the food rocks.

Pants
03-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I agree that Rucci sucks and Korma Sutra is good.

I prefer Paradise India over KS though. The owner is a weirdo but the food rocks.

Yeah, been there. The food is OK, not as good as Chili and Spice though. The owner coming and trying to talk to you for what seems like eternity can get kind of weird, I agree, lol. Just maybe his way of being super friendly.

CHENZ A!
03-02-2011, 04:14 PM
and I don't get why everyone gets on me for being a racist...

I'm sorry I call them how I see it...I hate scumbags...I don't think Indians are generally scumbags, but they do tend to smell awful and most have a sense of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way...

I have nothing against black people but I don't know how anyone can argue the ratio of scumbag black people is amazingly high when compared to the amount of scumbag white people.

Asians never bother me...

and I respect hardworking Mexicans more than anyone I know.

so fuck you guys for razzing me for calling them how I see it...I'd rather be honest than "politically correct"...being "politically correct" is being a pussy.

I can't speak on all Indian people, but I will agree that the vast majority of them that I have encountered here in America have personal hygeine and living standards well below what we would consider normal. I think it has to be their culture or something. Like they just don't know any better.
Posted via Mobile Device