PDA

View Full Version : What's your (realistic) nightmare scenario?

Direckshun
03-09-2011, 09:11 AM
This is not a great year to have the 21st pick.

I secretly hope (entirely in vain) that the Chiefs would select Houston.

But I've been preparing myself all offseason for something dramatically disappointing with this pick, as well as the rest of them.

I think my major fear is that on draft day (or close to it), Dorsey will end up in some insane trade that lands us another second rounder or such, and we spend our first rounder on Corey Liuget or something to that effect.

Chiefnj2
03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
There is no nightmare scenario.

KC will almost certainly have a choice of a few of these players:

OT - Costanzo or Carimi. Both would be big upgrades to Richardson. If the rumors of Haley wanting to go ground and pound, then Carimi would be a very good pick. Not a sexy choice to take a RT, but likely a very big upgrade.

WR - Hankerson or Smith. The more I see of Hankerson the more I like him. He's a hard worker who spent summers working with Duper to become a better receiver. It showed this past year. He had a strong Senior Bowl week and game. He timed better than people thought. Probably the biggest area of need on the Chiefs roster.

OLB - Houston/Kerrigan/Ayers. I don't like Ayers one bit, but Houston and Kerrigan could eventually replace Vrabel. Houston can certainly rush the passer and play the run. Kerrigan seems to be the type of player Pioli/Belichick have wet dreams over.

NT - Taylor. Probably not the best value at 21, but if the interviews convince you he isn't a high risk, you fill a big need at an important position.

DE - Yeah, people will be pissed. But if T Jax doesn't improve, KC could have a really nice player like Clayborn who looks like he's already just as good as T Jax.

RealSNR
03-09-2011, 09:25 AM

But I've been preparing myself all offseason for something dramatically disappointing with this pick, as well as the rest of them.

I think my major fear is that on draft day (or close to it), Dorsey will end up in some insane trade that lands us another second rounder or such, and we spend our first rounder on Corey Liuget or something to that effect.One stupid idiotic retard draft is already too many.

If it happens twice, I'm officially smarter than Pioli and could draft a better team than him.

suds79
03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
This is such a strange year for me in regards to the draft. Usually I'm all over the different needs, positions and players coming out.

But this year it's different for me. I don't really have a nightmare pick at that 21 spot.

I'm just more focused on the bigger picture. More & more I think this league is turning into if you have a franchise QB or not. And this team doesn't.

So I'm more interested in who or if they take a flyer on a QB somewhere in the 2nd to mid or late. Whatever.

But honestly I feel that as long as Matt is the starting QB, the team could be okay but never great.

So really I don't think it matters much who else they pick at 21. OLB, OT, NT, WR, etc. I'm sure they'll be a big help. But the bigger issue will still be there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2011, 09:47 AM
The realistic scenario is what he did in 2009: reach over quality, available talent for a mediocre player who supposedly has good intangibles.

If he did something like draft Mark Herzlich, I'd fucking snap.

Saccopoo
03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
You guys have to stop with the Houston/Kerrigan bullshit.

Neither one of those guys is an OLB, especially not a strong side outside linebacker. Not even close.

And Adrian Clayborn is not a five tech. Christian Ballard, the other highly rated Iowa defensive line player, might be, but not Clayborn. He is unable to hold the point of attack against the run. Watch the Wisconsin/Iowa game. Carimi simply destroys him on the run plays.

Brock
03-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Just no DB or DE, plz

DJ's left nut
03-09-2011, 10:12 AM
My nightmare scenario is Costanzo with our 1st rounder.

With so many front-line needs on this ballclub, drafting a RT with that pick would just piss me right the hell off.

Realistic? Yeah...in fact, I pretty much expect it.

The Franchise
03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty much going into the draft this year with a "meh" attitude.

Skyy God
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
RT. Duh.

BigCatDaddy
03-09-2011, 01:28 PM
That we aren't able to trade down and have to draft at 21.

HighChief
03-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Neither one of those guys is an OLB, especially not a strong side outside linebacker. Not even close.

And Adrian Clayborn is not a five tech. Christian Ballard, the other highly rated Iowa defensive line player, might be, but not Clayborn. He is unable to hold the point of attack against the run. Watch the Wisconsin/Iowa game. Carimi simply destroys him on the run plays.

Please tell me why Kerrigan is not an SOLB in a 34? Has the perfect size and is very comparable to Vrabel.

Vrabel- 6-4 261 Kerrigan- 6-4 255

Same body type. Kerrigan is a leader and a workout stud. He is practically a younger and much more talented Vrabel. Kerrigan is the only guy i see this team trading up for if we have the opportunity outside of Julio Jones.

He will learn to drop in coverage. And the lack of coverage skills you trade for more pass rush which is never a bad thing. I personally will feel as happy with Kerrigan as i was with Berry last year. If you dont like this kid there is something wrong with you IMO

Chiefnj2
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
And as to Clayborn, from nfl.com's breakdown of prospects the first sentence reads:

"Clayborn has the ability to be a very good starting defensive end in a 3-4 or 4-3 front and can play some defensive tackle in passing situations."

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty much going into the draft this year with a "meh" attitude.

Yeah, me too.

I'm sure that at #21, it's likely that the player will be an immediate contributor but it won't likely be a "superstar" pick.

If the choice is between a "reach" and a "safe pick", I'll take the safe pick this year, whether it's Costanzo, Camiri or Ayers.

If Pioli had done that in 2009, this team would be much further along.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Expect the unexpected.

Both of Pioli's drafts, outside of Eric Berry, have been filled with WTF picks?

The Franchise
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, me too.

I'm sure that at #21, it's likely that the player will be an immediate contributor but it won't likely be a "superstar" pick.

If the choice is between a "reach" and a "safe pick", I'll take the safe pick this year, whether it's Costanzo, Camiri or Ayers.

If Pioli had done that in 2009, this team would be much further along.

There really isn't any pick that I'm going to jump up and get pissed about. I might be a little bit pissed if they take a CB.

Tribal Warfare
03-10-2011, 02:11 PM
There really isn't any pick that I'm going to jump up and get pissed about. I might be a little bit pissed if they take a CB.

or Safety and DE

Frosty
03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
or Safety and DE

How about TE? I know they need more depth but I don't think they need to address it in the first round.

Saccopoo
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know...here's a trade possibility:

Denver picks Marcel Dareus at #2. Kansas City trades Glenn Dorsey to Denver for their second round and third round picks in this draft and with that Denver second rounder the Chiefs select Muhammed Wilkerson, DT/DE; Temple and pick up Austin Pettis in the third.

The real nightmare scenario is that the Chiefs select Muhammed Wilkerson in the first round without trading anyone. And I can see Pioli doing that very thing.

The Franchise
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
That would be dumb as shit. So we just basically stocked Denver's d-line for fucking Wilkerson and Pettis? No thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Clayborn has some kind of syndrome (Erb's palsy) that has made his right arm withered compared to his left. He's only going to be able to play on one side of the line, and he's not going to be playing inside.

DeezNutz
03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Anytime you can trade a young player for the chance of drafting the lesser version of what he is, you have to make that move.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
or Safety and DE

Actually, I wouldn't get all uppity about a safety because as much as I like Kendrick Lewis, the guy is on the smaller size and had difficulty staying healthy in his rookie season.

That said, I'd be shocked if the Chiefs went safety over right tackle, LOLB, WR, NT and even center.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
What's your (realistic) nightmare scenario?
Mecca getting hired as GM?

:evil:

BossChief
03-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Saying Clayborn can't hold the point against the run is one of the dumbest things you have ever said.

It's like if someone said Suh couldn't do so.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Clayborn has some kind of syndrome (Erb's palsy) that has made his right arm withered compared to his left. He's only going to be able to play on one side of the line, and he's not going to be playing inside.

I haven't seen any photo of a withered right arm.

Saccopoo
03-11-2011, 12:11 AM

It's a gentleman's agreement between him and the press, akin to the consideration that they gave Franklin Roosevelt.

Saccopoo
03-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Saying Clayborn can't hold the point against the run is one of the dumbest things you have ever said.

It's like if someone said Suh couldn't do so.

No, it's really not like if someone said Suh couldn't do so.

On nearly every running play, he's getting hammered by Carimi. It's like a hamster standing in front of a snow plow.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zin3JvllXm0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-11-2011, 12:43 AM

He's unable to fully extend it, for one, and

One NFL scout tells SI's Don Banks that Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn is "probably going to slip some" in the draft because of his arm problems.
Clayborn's right arm is smaller than his left arm, and he suffered a broken collarbone at birth. "His right arm is mal-developed to a degree," the scout said. "He's left-hand dominant because of it ... and that may be why he always played at right end in college and never moved around. The combine is real important for him. He's probably going to slip.

Chiefs=Champions
03-11-2011, 12:59 AM

On nearly every running play, he's getting hammered by Carimi. It's like a hamster standing in front of a snow plow.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zin3JvllXm0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carimi is one hell of a run blocker though...

Quesadilla Joe
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Anybody other than Fairley or Dareus at #2.

Nightfyre
03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Anybody other than Fairley or Dareus at #2.

If fairley is there, he's your pick, and I'm a sad panda. He fits too well what John Fox wants.

KurtCobain
03-11-2011, 06:14 PM
As stocked as the rest of the draft is, I wouldn't mind a RT at 21.

keg in kc
03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I could live with a RT. I'd hate it, but I could live with it. My nightmare is Pouncey.

Bewbies
03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Nightmare scenario:

Gabbert or Newton falls to 21 and we pass.

Bewbies
03-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Realistic nightmare scenario? Matt Cassel is in a Chiefs uniform on opening day?

BossChief
03-11-2011, 09:36 PM

ROFL

did you watch the highlights from the first quarter of that game and then post it without watching the rest?

Against a damn good player in Carimi (been compared to Jon Runyan by many people) he held his own and made a few plays including a sack/strip and a few pressures as well as swallowing up the running play on multiple plays.

2:08 he looked like one badass hampster.

I guess we all see what we want to, eh?

Chiefs=Champions
03-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Probably passing on a qb. or reaching for a WR, NT..

Chiefshrink
03-11-2011, 11:14 PM

I think my major fear is that on draft day (or close to it), Dorsey will end up in some insane trade that lands us another second rounder or such, and we spend our first rounder on Corey Liuget or something to that effect.

We either draft Phil Taylor or trade out of the first getting more picks:thumb: I have no problem with that scenario.

Chiefshrink
03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I could live with a RT. I'd hate it, but I could live with it. My nightmare is Pouncey.

Pouncey is a Pioli type guy:thumb:

Saccopoo
03-12-2011, 01:01 AM
ROFL

did you watch the highlights from the first quarter of that game and then post it without watching the rest?

Against a damn good player in Carimi (been compared to Jon Runyan by many people) he held his own and made a few plays including a sack/strip and a few pressures as well as swallowing up the running play on multiple plays.

2:08 he looked like one badass hampster.

I guess we all see what we want to, eh?

I'm giving you a bit of shit. We all know you are an even bigger homer for Iowa than Hamas is for the Tiggers. It would be a bit boring if I couldn't poke you with a stick around draft time.

keg in kc
03-12-2011, 06:10 PM
My other nightmare scenario is McElroy, in any round.

I wouldn't touch Stanzi, either, but he wouldn't be as bad as McElroy.