PDA

View Full Version : Music Rock N Poll: Round 1, Heat 15

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Get that accordion cranked up, and run these tunes through your brain cells.

As a little housekeeping, there are some math reasons why the suckage option might unfairly punish some good songs in a weak heat, so we're making a minor change.

This change does not affect how you vote. As before, vote for up to three songs, and if you can't find three, also vote for the suckage option.

The change is that the number of songs advancing will be the smaller of these two numbers: three songs, or one song more than the number beating the suckage option. So if no songs beat suckage, the one top song advances. If one song beats suckage, two songs advance. If two or more beat suckage, three advance.

Going back to apply this rule to past heats, the following songs have managed to sneak into the second round:

Heat 4:

Battery, Metallica
Knocking at Your Back Door, Deep Purple

Heat 9:

A Day in the Life, The Beatles

Heat 13:

Son of a Preacher Man, Dusty Springfield

And now, without further ado, I bring you ... Heat 15!

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Metallica, Metallica, Kiss

Chiefnj2
03-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Respect - a great song. Probably not appreciated by the younger CPers.
Detroit Rock City - corny but yet classic.
Master Of Puppets - one of Metallica's top 10 songs. The same can't be said of the overrated Unforgiven.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-09-2011, 11:41 AM
So many songs in the race it seems odd to change the rules just to allow a few songs back in that aren't going to win anyway.

Sofa King
03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Finally! some fucking Metallica!

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 11:45 AM
You guys would love Bad Girl if you heard it. I can't find it on youtube, but google this -
bad girl cowboy mouth - and listen to it on myspace music. I guarantee that song will give you a speeding ticket.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Respect - a great song. Probably not appreciated by the younger CPers.

Great R&B song. Not a rock song.

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
So many songs in the race it seems odd to change the rules just to allow a few songs back in that aren't going to win anyway.

I have to do it to avoid a lawsuit by Deep Purple. Litigious bas***ds.

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
You guys would love Bad Girl if you heard it. I can't find it on youtube, but google this -
bad girl cowboy mouth - and listen to it on myspace music. I guarantee that song will give you a speeding ticket.

Actually, myspace music has the wrong song. Whatever song that is, it's suckage.

Can anyone find "Bad Girl"? It's a really good song.

Pitt Gorilla
03-09-2011, 01:27 PM
This SHOULD be a landslide for Puppets.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Aretha Franklin has more votes than Kiss? WTF?

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Aretha Franklin has more votes than Kiss? WTF?

Kiss is getting votes? WTF?

Lzen
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Never understood why people like The Unforgiven. Probably one of the worst Metallica songs ever recorded.

Omaha
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
This heat is an abortion.

Barret
03-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I think someone in an earlier heat stated you have to be able to turn the song up while you are in your car and sing along at the top of your voice for it to be rock.

If you haven't cranked up your stereo by the 4th note, you soul is dead inside.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WEL6_SuQCu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
This heat's voting is almost exactly in the reverse order of my preferences.

Omaha
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM
This heat's voting is almost exactly in the reverse order of my preferences.

I'm with you. I find it odd that grown men like Metallica.

Pitt Gorilla
03-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm with you. I find it odd that grown men like Metallica.Regardless of one's takes on the band in general, one would have to be mentally deficient to not like Master of Puppets.

Omaha
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Regardless of one's takes on the band in general, one would have to be mentally deficient to not like Master of Puppets.

Meh

bevischief
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
This SHOULD be a landslide for Puppets.

:thumb:

KurtCobain
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I just want to rock around the pole... tonight! oh!

patteeu
03-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Cowboy Mouth, Kiss, and MoP Metallica.

Unforgiven is more lame than Omaha's taste in music.

DJ's left nut
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM
SHIT!

One vote for Respect should actually go to Unforgiven.

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Cowboy Mouth, Kiss, and MoP Metallica.

Unforgiven is more lame than Omaha's taste in music.

You and I are apparently the only people sophisticated enough to appreciate Cowboy Mouth.

Nzoner
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I think someone in an earlier heat stated you have to be able to turn the song up while you are in your car and sing along at the top of your voice for it to be rock.

If you haven't cranked up your stereo by the 4th note, you soul is dead inside.

Well apparently that doesn't matter because Humble Pie should be in the running.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0lxyRjzXvxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
SHIT!

One vote for Respect should actually go to Unforgiven.

Quoting for emphasis.

Seeing as how my mis-cast vote is currently giving RESPECT the lead over Unforgiven when the reverse should be true.

patteeu
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
You and I are apparently the only people sophisticated enough to appreciate Cowboy Mouth.

That doesn't surprise me after seeing all the votes for any random noise put out by Guns n Roses in this competition.

Bugeater
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
That doesn't surprise me after seeing all the votes for any random noise put out by Guns n Roses in this competition.
That, and every fucking AC/DC song advancing except for the only one that is actually any good.

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Quoting for emphasis.

Seeing as how my mis-cast vote is currently giving RESPECT the lead over Unforgiven when the reverse should be true.

I'm going to need to see a receipt.

patteeu
03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Actually, myspace music has the wrong song. Whatever song that is, it's suckage.

Can anyone find "Bad Girl"? It's a really good song.

You can find it on grooveshark.com and it's a real barn burner. Metallica's Unforgiven might as well be performed by the Pet Shop Boys by comparison.

Gadzooks
03-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I voted for Master of Puppets alone.
BTW - why aren't there any entries from the Thompson Twins?!?

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
You can find it on grooveshark.com and it's a real barn burner. Metallica's Unforgiven might as well be performed by the Pet Shop Boys by comparison.

Oh, yeah. There it is.

People, listen to this song. You'll burn every Metallica mp3 you have.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/song?q=cowboy mouth

Aries Walker
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I have to do it to avoid a lawsuit by Deep Purple. Litigious bas***ds.
If you're concerned about getting sued, there is a much bigger contender for that on this list than Deep Purple.

Rain Man
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
In the saddest shutdown of them all, I reluctantly pass along the following random loud noise:

Master of Puppets
Detroit Rock City
The Unforgiven I