PDA

View Full Version : Is there anybody here that WOULDN'T pull the trigger if Kerrigan was on the board?

Direckshun
03-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Just wondering.

Do you think Pioli would pull the trigger?

jd1020
03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Depends on who else is on the board.

Direckshun
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Depends on who else is on the board.

What realistic option would you prefer over Kerrigan?

I think, among realistic options, Kerrigan's my #1 preference.

jd1020
03-13-2011, 07:00 PM
What realistic option would you prefer over Kerrigan?

I think, among realistic options, Kerrigan's my #1 preference.

Ayers, Torrey Smith, or a RT.

I dont want another Hali to line up opposite of Hali. I want someone who is versatile and more than adequate at everything. Pressure will come when this teams gets an actual NT.

If Kerrigan is the ONLY player on the board of appropriate/better value then I'd do my damnedest to trade down.

Saccopoo
03-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Jesus D...you are going to have to reign it in on 275 lbs. guys you want to play OLB for the Chiefs. First Houston and now Kerrigan. He is not a realistic option as a OLB.

I mean, have you seen the dude? He is absolutely enormous. I mean, he's like Suh. He might not weigh as much as some other guys on the team, but when he's standing there, he's a metric shit ton bigger than everyone else standing around him, even if some of those guys are 360 lbs.

Are you wanting him to play defensive end for us, because there is absolutely no possible way the guy is playing linebacker in any scheme. This is not a Willie McGinest type of guy. This is a Patrick Kearney clone that is a pure 4-3. The guy is muscle thick from head to toe and will not be able to have fluidity as a strong side, cover backer in a 3-4.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/patrick-kerney-2.jpg
http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ryan-kerrigan-p11.jpeg
http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/a12a9960a62f100030d728c50393c5d1/NFL-BUCCANEERS-SEAHAWKS.jpg
http://www.jetsfan.com/Portals/0/Ryan%20Kerrigan.jpg

Not a chance this guy plays linebacker. Hell, he might be even thicker than Kearney was at ten years his younger.

I mean, I'm more than happy to switch back to a 4-3 and draft this cat. Hali on the left, Kerrigan on the right, Dorsey and Smith in the middle? Furgetaboutit.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2011, 11:21 PM
If Direckshun's thread starting privileges were revoked, no one would even know his user name.

Titty Meat
03-14-2011, 12:08 AM
If Direckshun's thread starting privileges were revoked, no one would even know his user name.

Yup the guy is a dumbass.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Didn't you start a thread a week ago saying Houston was your pick at 21? It's like a new Voyager.

Sfeihc
03-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Is this a joke I don't get?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2011, 10:01 AM
She has a bad knee. Pass.

HighChief
03-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Jesus D...you are going to have to reign it in on 275 lbs. guys you want to play OLB for the Chiefs. First Houston and now Kerrigan. He is not a realistic option as a OLB.

If you actually look at the kids measurables instead of just looking at him you will see that he is 20 lbs less than you assume he is (at 256). Your right though that he is stacked. Ran much faster than Ayers at the combine. No way is he just another tamba. He will get 7-10 sacks a year but be stout against the run.

No he will not cover the TE like we need but if you take a look at our tape it is the SS who covers TE's. Watch the SD game and the Ravens game again. We will get better in TE coverage with the progress with Berry.

Kerrigan is the prize in this draft for us. I can hear pioli rubbing one out to this guys tape here in MN.

Chiefs=Champions
03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Not sure he fits our D.

But Kerrigan>>>>>>>Houston

Direckshun
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM

I mean, have you seen the dude? He is absolutely enormous. I mean, he's like Suh. He might not weigh as much as some other guys on the team, but when he's standing there, he's a metric shit ton bigger than everyone else standing around him, even if some of those guys are 360 lbs.

Are you wanting him to play defensive end for us, because there is absolutely no possible way the guy is playing linebacker in any scheme. This is not a Willie McGinest type of guy. This is a Patrick Kearney clone that is a pure 4-3. The guy is muscle thick from head to toe and will not be able to have fluidity as a strong side, cover backer in a 3-4.

No, I'm wanting the guy to play OLB. He's got the size for it, only question is whether he's got the versatility.

But this is the guy the Chiefs love. He is blue collar, he is extremely high motor, very high character, athletic and fast and can fuck up the QB.

This is exactly the type of guy the Chiefs should be considering if he falls.

Direckshun
03-14-2011, 08:13 PM

Perhaps.

Direckshun
03-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Didn't you start a thread a week ago saying Houston was your pick at 21? It's like a new Voyager.

I think Houston drops to our pick. Kerrigan doesn't.

My ideal selection, that I posted a couple weeks ago, was based on players who I realistically thought would be there. Kerrigan is not in that discussion.

Direckshun
03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Is this a joke I don't get?

I'd like to think my humor is a highwire act that often escapes understanding.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2011, 11:15 PM

Not so new anymore:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5268634

Yuck.

Albert at right guard? When he's played so well at left tackle?

Taylor is not a prototypical right tackle and he's certainly not a road grader.

This would all but invalidate the Jared Allen trade as well. You don't take a fucking right guard with the #15 overall pick.

Are you Voyager?

Saccopoo
03-15-2011, 02:22 AM
No, I'm wanting the guy to play OLB. He's got the size for it, only question is whether he's got the versatility.

But this is the guy the Chiefs love. He is blue collar, he is extremely high motor, very high character, athletic and fast and can **** up the QB.

This is exactly the type of guy the Chiefs should be considering if he falls.

I'm telling you, there is no way this guy plays OLB in any scheme. He weighed in at 267 at the combine and his neck might have been half that weight. He's fucking huge. And yes, his timed drills were incredible. But there is no way he'll be an effective OLB operating out in the second level. The guy is a pure 4-3 defensive end. I think he'll be a good one and he's got the potential to be very good, but he's a John Abraham/Pat Kearney type of guy. He's not a long, spread out type of oversized 3-4 OLB like McGinest or Vrabel. He's a packed in, strong, burst type of 4-3 DE.

The guy who typifies what Crennel wants out of a LOLB in this draft is either Mark Herzlich from Boston College or Tom Keiser from Stanford. They are tall, well-built, slightly lanky (barely) guys that, in Keiser's case, was the leading sack collector for the Cardinals as a defensive end in 2009, and effectively transitioned to the OLB spot when they switched to the 3-4 in 2010. He played the 3-4 OLB spot very well this past season and has a lot of tools that they want from the position.

Herzlich has played the strong side LB spot for BC from the get go. The guy has phenomenal instincts, is exceptional playing the pass and is big and strong enough to shed guards and tackles in getting to the ball on run plays. The guy was a top ten talent two years ago, and has his strength back. He had a bad 40 time at the combine, which belies his on the field speed (remember Brandon Spikes last year). You can't teach instinct and a guys 40 time doesn't mean that he will play fast in pads once the whistle blows.

Keiser:
http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000J.tdTo7zoN8/s

Herzlich:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/dan_shaughnessy/09/06/northeast.college.football/mark-herzlich.jpg

Bump
03-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Ayers, Torrey Smith, or a RT.

I dont want another Hali to line up opposite of Hali. I want someone who is versatile and more than adequate at everything. Pressure will come when this teams gets an actual NT.

If Kerrigan is the ONLY player on the board of appropriate/better value then I'd do my damnedest to trade down.

WTF? with 2 Hali's we'd be unstoppable!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-16-2011, 06:44 AM
WTF? with 2 Hali's we'd be unstoppable!

Nah man. Then we would have 2 guys that would never be better than reserve 3rd pass rushers on a playoff team.

Brock
03-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Nah man. Then we would have 2 guys that would never be better than reserve 3rd pass rushers on a playoff team.

lolwut

Frosty
03-17-2011, 07:58 AM
lolwut

He was channeling Mecca.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2011, 12:23 PM
so if we draft Kerrigan are we going to not keep Hali?

We need a strong-side OLB

Quesadilla Joe
03-19-2011, 11:40 AM
• Talked to a scout who was in attendance at the Purdue pro day who was really down on Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan, saying that he isn’t a real gifted athlete and is simply too stiff to be viewed as a first round pick. However, another scout I talked with said you simply can’t overlook the guy’s motor and production, and he will be a very good player in the NFL. Overall, I’m finding that there are a ton of different options on Kerrigan at this time.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-8838.html